Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaton

How do i work out which generation Splinter i have? (Bought second hand).

Mine has the RBT triangles on the bottom and rounded bottom edge.

Megaton,
Reactions: BigJr48

Alexis

@Alexis - interesting that you think you will tolerate this Vaspe quite good, wouldn t have thought this. for me, it s not the easiest on the throat and i think you were allergic to much "purer" ones?
Thanks V much for sharing this insight. It is impossible to predict really, I can only try. I would be looking to use it with the Milaana cooling mouthpiece dry, and through water as well.
George has said all along himself he finds it a bit hot and dry with short stock mouthpiece, but much better with Mi mouthpiece.

Really no way to tell though, and I really cant afford to have another vape I cant tolerate. I have a small collection of excellent devices to sort and find new homes for but my condition has prevented me from making any progress there.

I have the Digital Herborizer here sicnce 6 weeks ago but I am not using it. I was suddenly apparently able to tolerate the Ti quite well last Autumn when my infections and allergies were much improved, but this year has seen a big downward turn and my immune system and lungs are superly over-reactive again.

So I need to decide what to dp about the DigiTi. I can return it to Seb but wanted to see if I can improve things and make use of it. I also want to wait until I have my rosin press on the go to test out the glass concentrate bowl.

So last thing I need is another £200 of vape gear that I am too unwell to list package and sell.
Will have to do some thinking. Cheers for your consideration Doktor. :tup:

@Hackerman easy bro, just very briefly- have you tried any rosin in the Splinter? Just curious how well it can be adapted. Maybe a health stone? I dont see why it should not work?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
About 20% of the time I use my Splinter, it says, "Atomizer Short". Then, I have to unscrew it and screw it back on. Then, sometimes it works and sometimes it says, "Atomizer Short" again. Eventually, it always works again.

Is that a bad thing?

Look at the 510 connector on the base of your Splinter and you'll see that there's a slotted screw head. Gently tighten this (don't force it) and see if your problem goes away. When I had a similar issue, this was the cure.

sickmanfraud

About 20% of the time I use my Splinter, it says, "Atomizer Short". Then, I have to unscrew it and screw it back on. Then, sometimes it works and sometimes it says, "Atomizer Short" again. Eventually, it always works again.

Is that a bad thing?

I have had intermittent issues with my Cuboid 200 and TUBOx giving the same sorts of error message. If you don't want to keep unscrewing the 510 connection (something I have been told is a no no) I have just opened the battery compartment and resecured it. Better to risk damage to an easily replaced mod than to your Splinter (with or without a Z)

Look at the 510 connector on the base of your Splinter and you'll see that there's a slotted screw head. Gently tighten this (don't force it) and see if your problem goes away. When I had a similar issue, this was the cure.

Yep, it's tight.

Thanks

Hackerman,
This Wismec I bought is working out OK, I guess. One thing for sure, the batteries charged better OUTSIDE the mod and in a separate charger. Or, maybe it was just because they were still virgin. Either way, they are going down nice and even without the "Weak Battery" errors I got the first time.

And, the batteries are lasting way longer this charge.

I did use it without water a few times but the hit was too hot so I added the hammer bubbler that Krazy gave me and it cooled it right down.

And, as with all my toys, it all goes through the 'elephant's trunk' before it gets to me. ;)

I love this thing. Standard 19mm adapter on one end and 19/19 Splinter stem on the other. Goes with just about all my hand-held vapes.

2a4si9e.jpg

Alexis

This Wismec I bought is working out OK, I guess. One thing for sure, the batteries charged better OUTSIDE the mod and in a separate charger. Or, maybe it was just because they were still virgin. Either way, they are going down nice and even without the "Weak Battery" errors I got the first time.

And, the batteries are lasting way longer this charge.

I did use it without water a few times but the hit was too hot so I added the hammer bubbler that Krazy gave me and it cooled it right down.

And, as with all my toys, it all goes through the 'elephant's trunk' before it gets to me. ;)

I love this thing. Standard 19mm adapter on one end and 19/19 Splinter stem on the other. Goes with just about all my hand-held vapes.

2a4si9e.jpg
Interesting and thanka for sharing. If you say it is a bit too hot for you dry, that does strongly suggest I may have difficulty tolerating this portable dry myself. I was hoping it would be smoother than a dry vapcap which is seen as very gentle and tolerable across the board for most.

But as it happened I realised my priority was to get a dab setup sorted asap, almost got a place to set my Dabpress up now and no satisfactory delivery system.
So I just bought a coil and banger from 710 coils. More thinking to do on the portables now, gotta be patient and sensible.

Very nice to see so many here enjoying the Splinter. :)

Keep in mind my setting may be what makes it hot. I am running at 420F because I like big clouds. If you don't need the 'smoker's satisfaction' of big clouds, you can dial down the temp and it will be much cooler.

Plus, he has a stem that cools it more. I think he's crazy over-priced on it at 50 bux for a stem but... it is available.

Alexis

Keep in mind my setting may be what makes it hot. I am running at 420F because I like big clouds. If you don't need the 'smoker's satisfaction' of big clouds, you can dial down the temp and it will be much cooler.

Plus, he has a stem that cools it more. I think he's crazy over-priced on it at 50 bux for a stem but... it is available.
Thanks man that's reassuring I will keep that in mind and yes I'm not able to take these high temperatures like most but I do like big clouds and big hits and would never be satisfied if I couldn't venture in that direction.
And I would expect to use it predominantly with the milaana cooling mouthpiece and water at home.
I do really like the look of the Splinter, and the Z is even more intriguing. If I understood @Summer correctly as referring to Vapefiend by "VF" in the Z thread (all these letters lol), then Z's may be accessible as well after all too. But I may have misinterpreted that.

almost there

sickmanfraud

Really like this mod matches well with the wooden 510 device.

I haven’t noticed any reek from the metal.

Here’s a couple pic with it and the Z
n1vwic.jpg
241362o.jpg
Is that Mod DNA250 or DNA250c? Which brings the more important question. Besides the color screen is there a Difference between the DNA250 and the color version?

Are the profiles and testing you have done transferable for 250 to 250c and visa versa?

Thanks for the reply and thanks for sharing your profiles with us.

sickmanfraud,

analytika

Is that Mod DNA250 or DNA250c? Which brings the more important question. Besides the color screen is there a Difference between the DNA250 and the color version?

Are the profiles and testing you have done transferable for 250 to 250c and visa versa?

Thanks for the reply and thanks for sharing your profiles with us.
Replay Mode. I've found it's great paired with the Splinter. Jump to 17:45 for the meat of it.

Best discussion of this most advanced algorithm on the DNA chip line with an Evolv official.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
He doesn't say much (obviously to not divulge trade secrets) but this mode is clearly designed for e-liquids. It also emphasize that they developed it because almost nobody in the e-cig world uses TC mode (just read ECF, they'll all say they use VW only and have no intention to switch to TC)

One could have hoped that with the release of those research studies proving that carcinogens are produced by pyrolysis at high temperatures they would have changed their stance, but nope, it's somehow "too complex" to select a material preset and chose a temperature... So evolve developed that idiot-proof mode.

I'm not doubting that it works but they make it sound like it's super high tech, where in reality there aren't that many "parameters" the mod can watch. It's just a glorified battery with a smart DC/DC converter, but the atty is a black box to the mod. It's just a resistance, there's absolutely no sensors embedded inside it. All the mod can see is current and voltage (and thus resistance), battery charge and chipset temperature.

analytika

He doesn't say much (obviously to not divulge trade secrets) but this mode is clearly designed for e-liquids. It also emphasize that they developed it because almost nobody in the e-cig world uses TC mode (just read ECF, they'll all say they use VW only and have no intention to switch to TC)

One could have hoped that with the release of those research studies proving that carcinogens are produced by pyrolysis at high temperatures they would have changed their stance, but nope, it's somehow "too complex" to select a material preset and chose a temperature... So evolve developed that idiot-proof mode.

I'm not doubting that it works but they make it sound like it's super high tech, where in reality there aren't that many "parameters" the mod can watch. It's just a glorified battery with a smart DC/DC converter, but the atty is a black box to the mod. It's just a resistance, there's absolutely no sensors embedded inside it. All the mod can see is current and voltage (and thus resistance), battery charge and chipset temperature.
no and no. he describes how the algorithm can adapt to the drying out of cotton in the coils, but that's only a sliver of one aspect. He's wrestling with the attempt to describe fuzzy logic to ordinary human beings. It's pretty hard. It's not so much that it's proprietary, what the fuzzy logic algorithm is doing, it's that it's a black box based on training data. TCR is largely univariate. Replay mode, multivariate. I did feel a little sorry for the guy trying to explain that. But at least he tried, few people have.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Well I'm not saying it's not doing complicated things, but without sensors it only can get the data it has access to. Maybe it's a blackbox but it's definitely not black magic! :p

And we have no drying cotton to adapt to. If the thing has been trained on thousand of coils + wicks + liquids combination, specifically to prevent dry burns (what they are concerned with in the ecig world, they don't really care about temperatures) then I'm just wondering how it reacts in our deviant applications where we start from dry coils and there is never any liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom