Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@hippogriff both will have voltage control. The Zi Heater provides better vapor quality but it is longer. Love the Vap and also believe it's pricepojnt is a big reason for its success thus my question. @natural farmer i appreciate the candid feedback and expect nothing less. Thanks to all for the help. Once Zion is complete and @thekarmawhore has the design complete the parts and labor cost will be rolled up and Margins added in to see it it can make the retail numbers.

Thanks to all for your expert feedback... FC rocks with a @Vape Dr. pick srummin' a SG :)

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks for candid feedback. Over the last two weeks market research was conducted with retailers and additional consumers. Based on production cost and considering the completion the MSRP will start at $119 for the base model and run as high as $169 depending on heater/wood/accessories.

The initial testing has given @thekarmawhore the required input to complete the design in parallel with the completion of Zion. Changes include a slightly larger diameter to allow for recessed glass and logo shaped inlet holes near the bottom on opposing sides.

To answer @natural farmer concern of paying the middle man A special pre-order price of $89 plus $6 shipping will be available now through 4/20.

Thanks in advance to all who support the launch of RBT's newest vape, the Bodhi.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So does the $89 cover both the Mod + the little log-ish Milaana?

No, it is assumed you already own one. I originally thought this was a good idea to streamline costs but after thinking on it some more, I don't personally know anybody who uses cannabis and also vapes/has an ecig mod, so it will likely cost more than Milaana for someone getting started, with the side effect of being quite confusing for someone not already into ecigs. I have a mod myself, but it's super tiny for a compact wax hit. Dry herb takes a lot more battery resources than concentrate, so the one I own (Evic Basic) is probably a poor choice anyways for this Bodhi. Especially news of the atomizer increasing in diameter. I'll probably watch this one from the sidelines and see if a revision ever makes its way out with a 22mm diameter.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@AJS thanks for pointing that out. I will note that in the description. This unit will be marketed to target the polyvapors of the world that have the 510 gear.

@invertedisdead the initial unit will be 18mm and @stickstones is already beating the size drum. The 18 mm will undergo a number of size reduction design changes. If the product is well received a smaller 14 mm micro dosing unit will be considered.

@thekarmawhore is now in the design driver seat of Bodhi as to not distract efforts from Zion. CAD is a Comin' :)

Taz4101

Does the 89 dollar preorder include a stem and the Zion heater?

I'm my opinion as a advanced ecig user you have a market of 10 percent smokers which a few percent of them switched to ecigs.

Then you have a small percentage of cannabis users who vaporize.

This product will only appeal to the small percentage of both ecig and cannabis vapors.

For the retail market I don't see a large potential for sales unless it's a low price. At a low price it could be used as a advertising tool to introduce a new audience to your technology. At regular retail after a mod and batteries you have a harder to understand milana that would be very large tippy and unwieldy with voltage control for a similar price. I'm interested in tinkering with it and trying a rbt heater, but not at a similar price to milana.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
It's not like a mod costs a ton. You can probably buy a mod powerful enough for this thing for around $50 if not less. I'd wager around half of the people on this site have 18650s. If not they cost like $3 each lol and it's pretty rare for them to be included with the price of the device... especially with the nature of this specific product as it's just an attachement, not the mod.

I'm sure a stem is included. The heater is absolutely included otherwise I don't think Ryan will be selling any of these.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Love the name, does it mean anything?

Of course other than:
537cd4a4223de0b23d2962f335df703e.jpg

And different spelling, but also:
article-2517649-19D13BE900000578-743_634x356.jpg

And there are plenty more photos of the two prototypes on instagram by the way, I posted the first few here, but there have been quite a few more up there now...

Taz4101

Rbt said it would retail for between 119 to 169 depending upon if you get Zion or milana heater and stems or accessories. I specifically asked if the 89 dollar preorder included the upgrade to the Zion heater

It's not like a mod costs a ton. You can probably buy a mod powerful enough for this thing for around $50 if not less. I'd wager around half of the people on this site have 18650s. If not they cost like $3 each lol and it's pretty rare for them to be included with the price of the device... especially with the nature of this specific product as it's just an attachement, not the mod.

I'm sure a stem is included. The heater is absolutely included otherwise I don't think Ryan will be selling any of these.

Taz4101,
Reactions: muunch

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I know i know, apples & oranges and beating a dead horse (last time i swear) : i googoled very little and find out high end price of the body (169) can rank until 6-7thish position of this charming top 10 atomizer list

http://www.mostluxuriouslist.com/top-10-high-end-ecig-atomizers-around-the-world/

from the last business plan:

"The Mi 510 will be a litmus test for how much the young crowd picks up on the RBT Technology as that really is the key to commercial success. If the 510 can be at full production volumes at the start of 2018 the year will be a resounding success"

Hope rbt all the success i can because it will mean a new economic boom for the whole west world very soon :)

hippogriff

This, good mods aren't expensive and add voltage control, good micro-USB charging w battery status, and quick-swappable 18650s to the RBT heater - i.e. a much smaller Zion w a display and on-board charger.

I already have a 75e evic Mini that I use for hash & travel charging 18650s for my FW4 & Milaana, I guess I'm a good example of the target market. @RastaBuddhaTao will there be a Bohdi pre-order page?

Taz4101

I use ecigs as well and would consider myself part of the targeted market. I just don't see it as a way for mass adoption of rbt. With a mod it probably will be very tippy. From the photos it looks to be bigger then a Zion with a mod. Maybe a foot tall with a stem.. Not worried about aesthetics myself. Only perfornance and usability

Taz4101,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@hippogriff and @stinkytofus the pre-order is now live on the RBT web store. Use code 420FC for a 25% discount. The pictures have been updated to reflect the Beta test units that have been deployed to some of FCs finest. The beta testing, design refinement and sourcing will happen in parallel to the Zion build. Shipping is planned to start 3rd quarter but could be delayed as late as Q4 depending on Zion progress.

Thanks to all for the feedback. With the least expensive conduction 510 units running $69 and decent convection portables running over $150 the Bodhi will be positioned in the $99 - $119 range depending on size, heater and wood selection. Exotics will be introduced later with prices ranging upwards of $149. This assumes a good 50 watt mod box can be found for under $50. This will enable folks to enjoy vapor quality nearly as good as Zion for just over $100 provided they have the 510 gear.

The beta team will begin to share feedback here in the coming weeks. My involvement will be minimal until after Zion is complete. Thanks to all of the RBT supporters of this project! This one should be fun!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
bodhi means enlightened in sanskrit.
I like the meaning but I think that name doesn't have flow... and the marketing guy said it sucks. Any suggestions on a name that fits the Zion, Milaana, RBT vibe that appeals to kids sick of building Clapton coils?

RastaBuddhaTao,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I like the meaning but I think that name doesn't have flow... and the marketing guy said it sucks. Any suggestions on a name that fits the Zion, Milaana, RBT vibe that appeals to kids sick of building Clapton coils?

I can't see how it's any worse than Milaana, seemed better maybe even... certainly flows to me, but what do I know. I still say Zion is the strongest branding that matches the RastaBuddhaTao name, so again I return to simply the Zion510 perhaps?

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The beta team will be testing two 18 mm, one 14 mm and several mouthpiece with shorter load chambers.

The core learning of the testing being height reduction trade-offs. As the unit gets smaller the vapor quality falls off and gets hotter and the load chamber gets shorter.

Would you trade vapor quality for stealth? What is the max height including the mouthpiece that you would want for a 510 vaporizer?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'd rather have vapor quality than a tiny form factor.

I have an RX2/3 mod and I think if the mod is <100mm before the stem is inserted would be about the upper end of what I'd use and wouldn't look absurd since the mod itself is just shy of 90mm.

The Zion510 or something similar works great imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom