Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

grokit

well-worn member
48fGOfA.jpg

This is the 40w but I would be surprised if the 75w is any different.
With a fin to spare :tup:

:sherlock:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Are shape and measures of the Splinter fix or still in progress? What are it's current measures?

So FAIK there are two different sizes for the current betas, one for the Milaana heater and one for the Zion heater? And probably it will be only the Zion heater used for the splinter?

Would like if anyone would answer my open question regarding offered exotic woods in the future.
If they will no come by RBT perhaps a case for @phattpiggie?

After my friend @vapen00b is so excited by the Mi and more by the Zion I want a Zion heater driven Splinter so much - but a nicer one :ugh:

Last edited:

TheRobbo

Are sahpe and measures of the Splinter fix or still in progress? What are it's current measures?

So FAIK there are two different sizes for the current betas, one for the Milaana heater and one for the Zion heater? And probably it will be only the Zion heater used for the splinter?

Would like if anyone would answer my open question regarding offered exotic woods in the future.
If they will no come by RBT perhaps a case for @phattpiggie?

After my friend @vapen00b is so excited by the Mi and more by the Zion I want a Zion heater driven Splinter so much - but a nicer one :ugh:

Sorry to state the obvious but only RBT really knows what woods this will be available in, though the variety of Milaana in exotic woods suggests Splinter will follow the same diverse path?
And youl shall have your 'nicer' splinter :rockon:

Last edited:

TheRobbo

Ahhh. He is not active here atm so you probably wont get an answer from him. Might come back when work load is lighter but then again maybe not...

Hogni

Thanks for you advice!
ATM there are only the same woods for the Mi as for the Splinter!? Which kinds of exotic wood did he offer for the Mi in the past?

Hogni,

sixstringsmash

Thanks for you advice!
ATM there are only the same woods for the Mi as for the Splinter!? Which kinds of exotic wood did he offer for the Mi in the past?
I could be wrong and missed something in the past but the only woods I've ever seen the Mi in were cherry, walnut, and maple, and the only exotic I've ever seen was Spalted Maple, which isn't really exotic per se just a funky looking maple.

sixstringsmash,
Reactions: Hogni

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

Hellolo :wave:

Splinter will start out in Maple, Walnut and Cherry and after the manufacturing process is perfected exotics will be added. That's what Ryan told me today.

Thanks for you advice!

We had cherry, walnut, spalted maple, plus some that have not been offered officially like butternut, Purple Heart and canary wood. I don't think it was or will be limited to these.

:peace:

EDIT: Thanks @cannabis.pro for chiming in! :tup::rockon:

Last edited:

VAPEHUNTER

Are the preorders over? Couldn't find it on RBTs site

I followed the link from the first post in this thread here↓ http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/apps/webstore/products/show/7302027 and it lead me to the store but when I tried to put it in my basket I got this a message stating "Sorry, this store is unable to accept payments at this time. If you are the store owner, please upgrade your account to Enhanced or Pro and choose a payment provider in your store settings.":shrug:

Last edited:
VAPEHUNTER,

StonerSloth

cui bono?
I followed the link from the first post in this thread here↓ http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/apps/webstore/products/show/7302027 and it lead me to the store but when I tried to put it in my basket I got this a message stating "Sorry, this store is unable to accept payments at this time. If you are the store owner, please upgrade your account to Enhanced or Pro and choose a payment provider in your store settings.":shrug:

The Splinter page says:

Splinter pre-orders on hold until completion of Zion

Edit: even happier I ordered mine in June!! :clap:

StonerSloth,

TheRobbo

I know paypal have claimed RBT makes drug paraphernalia and have blocked him from using their services... Might have something to do with this? :shit:

TheRobbo,

Hogni

Yeah, a lot of small companies have issues with payment bc of this. Same as payment by CC.
The only company that seems not to have probs with this kind of buisiness is bitcoin SFAIK.
I'm an old bastard therefore I'm one of the biggests fans of cash.
In German we say "Bargeld lacht" means cash is laughing ;)

Hogni,

btka

Yeah, a lot of small companies have issues with payment bc of this. Same as payment by CC.
The only company that seems not to have probs with this kind of buisiness is bitcoin SFAIK.
I'm an old bastard therefore I'm one of the biggests fans of cash.
In German we say "Bargeld lacht" means cash is laughing ;)

also missed it...

really nice mods... now I have to learn about mods... hope I am not getting MAS after VAS hahaha..

we like to say:"nur bares ist wahres" meaning only cash is real ;)

grokit

well-worn member
I like this one a lot, am guessing that it's closer to the $500 end of the pricing spectrum though.

I will be getting to know one of these pretty soon:

20170713162409_89194.jpg

20170713162409_90643.jpg

20170713162409_38211.jpg

20170713162409_47122.jpg

1500449416668948.jpg

20170713162410_87744.jpg

20170713162410_30661.jpg

20170713162410_19777.jpg

The cpu/chip might be similar to athena's? Obviously not the same as this one is rated for 100w. I like the shock/waterproofing, but what sold me on this mod was it also has extra power with the 26650 option.

I got a supposed email-only deal for $42 shipped direct from china so thought I'd give it a try :tup:

How many herbal atomizers are in the works now anyways?
  • Splinter
  • DT Gen2
  • Modpod
  • iHeat
edit: In development in the diy sub-forum:
  • @Pipes's Project, & Bulli atomizers
  • @rat949's '510-Compatible' atomizer
Any more?

It seems that the splinter has the best chance of being mass-produced, at least first to market. Besides the dt, which really doesn't seem up to par with the others; maybe a gen3 will come along and change that.

Exciting times for the vaporizer market, modularity!

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom