Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
You are right @pakalolo they must be calculated, I include research and development as part of labor, sales too but I am digressing

you all think rbt pricing isn't too greedy
Me think it is the case and believe this slows sales way more than rbt drama everyone already forgot

Under 50 you have pipes and divine tribe (convection and conduction/radiation)

150 you have the tubo (TEMP CONTROLLED) and with the mod included

Andreaerdna,

virtualpurple

You are right @pakalolo they must be calculated, I include research and development as part of labor, sales too but I am digressing

you all think rbt pricing isn't too greedy
Me think it is the case and believe this slows sales way more than rbt drama everyone already forgot

Under 50 you have pipes and divine tribe (convection and conduction/radiation)

150 you have the tubo (TEMP CONTROLLED) and with the mod included

The price of a cuboid with the splinter as currently priced would be under 150. That pretty well makes them nextdoor neighbors. With a comparable cost it boils down to user preference with features. TC vs wattage control and form factor preference.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: vapen00b

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
The price of a cuboid with the splinter as currently priced would be under 150. That pretty well makes them nextdoor neighbors. With a comparable cost it boils down to user preference with features. TC vs wattage control and form factor preference.
They are both really good in my book and basically the same price if you need to add a mod to the Splinter.

If you are in Europe the Tubo might be a little easier to acquire. The reverse is true the Splinter in the US.

But the target market here isn't really us convection snobs. It's the juice crowd and only the portion that is open to using their mor bax for cannabis since a good number of those folks think our vapes give their vapes a bad name. Basically targeting the younger demographic.

Other Side,
Reactions: BigJr48

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Splinter Milk Shot

It is thick and fast indeed

It reminds me when rbt was putting vegetal glicerine (VG?) in Zion to show clouds, he called it flower drops or something, are you using it too? or what you showed was only a very high quality flowers bowl?

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

grokit

well-worn member
I think the splinter has the potential to be the one that puts rbt on the map for reals as far as market share. I hope there's at least some loose plans to scale up, as well as to protect that intellectual property of his.

The future belongs to modularity :tup:

little maggie

I'm not surprised by the performance of this Splinter. I wasn't sure Ryan would be able to slim it down after his very first rendition. But it looks good. Real good. And performance is not lacking what so ever.
I'm not surprised. Ryan is a gifted engineer. I hope he makes money out of this so he can continue bringing us great vapes.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
What are the final dimensions of the splinter? Are you able to fit it in your pocket?

Would love to find a sidecar mod that could fit it to make it more compact.
Nothing is final at this point. As stated previously the current version (Maple @Vape Dr. is using) is probably not the final version. This one won't fit in a sidecar and I don't expect the final 18mm version to either. Maybe a 14mm if that comes along but that's down the line if ever.....

duff

Well worn
Thanks to @Vape Dr., the Pittsburgh FC chapter got to dance with the Splinter last night.

As @Other Side mentioned, it will be a bit thinner and shorter than the one I used, but I was very surprised how small it is.

Very handsome in person (the Splinter not @Vape Dr.) and hit like a champ.

Turns out we were all lower temp guys so the hits were quite tasty.
The 1" stem looked very nice and was surprisingly comfortable on my throat.

Very impressed and I will be pre-ordering one.

Spot the Splinter
dfDXy9O.jpg

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Still working with different prototype's and they all work a little differently so it's too early to tell. Right now the ranges I have been using are from the low 30 watts range to the low 40 watts range.

Suppose what i am trying to say is if you make the wattage too high will it damage it?

I have an evic dual mod box. Maximum wattage 150.

oddjobold,

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Suppose what i am trying to say is if you make the wattage too high will it damage it?

I have an evic dual mod box. Maximum wattage 150.
Yeah I'd have to talk to Ryan on that but I do suspect there is a limit. But honestly you will want to limit it below whatever that threshold is anyway to avoid combustion.

Other Side,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom