Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixstringsmash

Looks like you got the slim one I asked about the other day, is it 14mm?

If your set on 14mm it would be really easy to mod it to take 14mm stems. All you need is an 18mm female to 14mm female adapter like this:

Acce-083-2.jpg

After that as long as you have a 14mm stem for your herb it should be good to go.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If your set on 14mm it would be really easy to mod it to take 14mm stems. All you need is an 18mm female to 14mm female adapter like this:

Acce-083-2.jpg

After that as long as you have a 14mm stem for your herb it should be good to go.

Yes that works, I was just implying that it would have been preferable (IMO) to see that slimmer variant with a 14mm bowl. IIRC that thinner version was scrapped for durability reasons, but with a smaller bowl it should have been sufficient again. I just think the form factor on that version is most appealing.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
If anyone is interested in picking up a mod box for their incoming Splinter (or perhaps the Divine Tribe gear or a Siaonara wax atty's that are available now and I recommend) FastTech is having a July 4th sale and offering 15% off their already very low prices. Coupon code is "freedom".

Sure you have to wait a couple weeks for it to arrive from China but you'd be hard pressed to find it less expensive anywhere else.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The RBT website seems to have changed and now there is no mention of "US shipping only" for preorder of the splinter. Has there been a change of heart?

sixstringsmash

Very nice video @IAmKrazy2 . Looks like you can get some very nice clouds out of this thing.

I do say I am a little curious on whether or not this device would work with mech mods or if it would just combust the bowl right off the bat. Are there any beta testers out there that own a mech mod that would be maybe willing to test this for me? :brow:

sixstringsmash

What is a mech mod? Excuse my ignorance

The simplest way to explain it would be it's a 510 mod with no chip to regulate anything. It's just normally a tube with a fire button and a 510 connector and the power it draws comes directly from the battery. Just think of it like your regular box mod but with no buttons or watt control. The temp is instead maintained by the output of the battery and the resistance of the coil.

I wouldn't recommend trying it out if you don't know much about mech mods though as they can be dangerous to handle if you're not familiar with how they work. I'm just a little curious as to whether or not they would be feasible to use. My main concern would be that it might draw too much power and combust the bowl right off the bat.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I assume IF it worked - it'd be pretty similar to a Milaana. Not sure if it'd even work or just destroy shit in the Splinter... Definitely would be interesting though.

I don't fuck with mechs and don't advise anyone else to do so unless they have sufficient knowledge and the capability to recognize that you can really hurt yourself using one if you're careless.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes it would work like a Milaana, exactly. You just need to know the heater resistance (any of the beta testers can tell us it's displayed on their screen)

Once you know the resistance, use ohm's law to determine the maximum current draw in Amperes when the cell is full (4.2V) and use that value to select a cell with the appropriate discharge rate.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Pipes project costs 1/3 and offers similar performances if I am not wrong

Well, I'll twist it the same and say you are wrong. ;)

Honestly, I think it's neither fair nor correct to make these assumptions. The RBT heater is supposed to be much more complex. Let's wait and see. Only a side by side comparison by yourself will bring you the truth. :science:

:peace:

Last edited:
vapen00b,
Reactions: BigJr48

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Well, I'll twist it the same and say you are wrong. ;)

Honestly, I don't think it's neither fair nor correct to make these assumptions. The RBT heater is supposed to be much more complex. Let's wait and see. Only a side by side comparison by yourself will bring you the truth. :science:

:peace:

Maybe you are all right and I am wrong

For me price is dependent only on materials and labor

Basing price on the hypothetical hype is (IMO) a very poor choice (when demand is so low this is kind of suicidal)

But as you said we will see soon enough if this will be the best seller RBT expects it to be or just another toy for convection snob

Andreaerdna,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
For the manufacturer, the price is dependent on materials, labour, the cost of development, and the cost of sales.

Vendors will not carry an item like this unless they can mark it up at least 50%. That means you think that $55 covers all of the above.
I would also add it depends on where the labor is coming from. Shenzen labor is cheaper than US Labor. I'd love to eliminate China from the equation altogether but it gets hard to keep the Keystone formula in play when sourcing glass from someplace else.

The industry depends on Shenzen labor for distribution getting a cut, manufacturers getting their cut, and then the retailer who doubles their money when the product sells for normal price.

US Made products change this dynamic and the margins aren't as high. I know Ryan is doing his best to keep the 50% markup in play with the Splinter. Once he gets Zion preorders out, we should know more.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I don't think you are going to find this level of performance at this price point anywhere.

I agree with this also, even better deal if you already have a mod laying around.

The only other vape that even comes to mind in the sub $200 category with excellent performance for me is the Omnivap.

When considering sheer regulated convection power is there anything on the market that can compare to the Splinter at ANY pricepoint? I sure can't think of anything.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I agree with this also, even better deal if you already have a mod laying around.

The only other vape that even comes to mind in the sub $200 category with excellent performance for me is the Omnivap.

When considering sheer regulated convection power is there anything on the market that can compare to the Splinter at ANY pricepoint? I sure can't think of anything.
Sry for posting here about another product,but the Tubo(150$) ,TuboX (100$) and the Dual Battery TUBO are for sure in that under 200 $ range and offer temp control in Grades,where a PID actually tries to stabilize at the set temp.
Can you use the Splinter in TC / TCR mode , or is it just set wattage ?
I really like the form factor of the Splinter,and was considering on jumping in for one,but it being a USA product and me being in EU,and also the appearance of the TuboX made me rethink that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom