The Sandbox: Make test posts here

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It would be nice to post images locally and not have to depend on third parties that come and go, but I understand the desire to avoid the cost of storage space and the potential for having to deal with copyright issues...

cybrguy,

Altreac

Newb Vaper
OneDrive generated embed code image test.

y4mLPC3kRNlzsNtaNegl4XCysW3Y5W5sco49oYS4Jfa8_xMZm9ZNCL5IHd4U1OEPkY3ytg8aP0n8rmQFoLdeHIslYWx-kGvXmCDlemQxH9IVrPzrpPgoqhmuSg-Tf4LwLnXW-kV39IWkJRTWDx-q8vR58_cEY4ZhJ025AZQtTv5wTIJvXKzrqzd15O58p2fNy8t5sCnvWTPenk_Rj4cdlt90A

Altreac,
Reactions: Summer

Altreac

Newb Vaper
I'm working off Chrome on my cellphone.

I uploaded the pic to OneDrive and added it to an album. I don't think that's required though.
I went to the image. And clicked the '...' button at the top. There was an option <embed>. Click that and a window comes up with a button 'generate'. That makes a link like:

https://gpmrba.bl.files.1drv.com/y4...4cdlt90A?width=4160&height=2080&cropmode=none

I know. It's not a standard link. But it works.

There's also an option that says 'copy link' that gives a link in this format:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anj1ZjnfhV3qk1io0Z0hcfJrXdGV
And that doesn't work.

I can't figure out how to do this from the OneDrive app on my phone. The 'copy link' button is in the OneDrive app.

On the web version on PC it's easy. When you go to the image there's an embed button at the top. A side bar opens with the embed link.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Part of why I was asking is that 1drv is not listed as an acceptable source and I haven't been able to get anything not listed to work. I was trying to use dropbox, for example and couldn't do it.

Altreac

Newb Vaper
OneDrive is the only cloud space that gives you the option to generate embed codes. (I think)
If Google drive or Dropbox have the option, I have yet to find them.

Altreac,
Reactions: Summer

justcametomind

I suspect he has unknowingly disabled referrers. There are a number of security addons that do it by default and you need to manually re-enable them.
It was just a “before posting/ after posting” thing. I didn’t change any setting to the browser.

justcametomind,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Oh my god, @cyberguy, where did you get that picture of the couple on the horse? They look almost exactly like my old neighbors -- dopplegangers for sure!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That's my brother and his wife. They live in Tennessee now (where that pic was taken), but were in Wisc for many years.

No e in cybrguy is why I didn't see this sooner.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
y4m1lfbFXpzLQfQHB-HZAKpaEYlb1cy-BqxAUbxp9DgMHFmI6rNbmk9n8LGqoz0cAtSXPPywcrpfXHCD-wW_X3yuW8S1xZcvCvUSr7iN34FFngYSruRK40Os0QPD4TKFszj_bkc0oUIPf23WAaKkoreL9_6b2rhFvzciPeent2WtTc33KOv24X6x4X1ra0kNGtfiQzJ07FUuvytZPBcWrEWNA

I see what I need to do, but it is way unnecessarily complicated...

y4m2-B59L_cde4e9Lr0UpNawTcpJWoWwzPKELdIalNhTwRLWvO5IB--F9Yjtag49b7Hdvij77ACoEgnc302EsLMhumvDtrEvhx_HqR12tjPtreQ_SD74mC_SSsw2W4SyA8HoyWld7BktMWSoSyyPzTxrSYfQD4D1uUrpfZuxXHMRvn2JylvUiYwnGTGSRtAQJBlweyB6yaJmBaCE4bVmLvuDg

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: Altreac

Altreac

Newb Vaper
I see what I need to do, but it is way unnecessarily complicated...

Totally agree. I already use OneDrive, it's a pain, but I'm hoping that Microsoft doesn't shut down image hosting. Just easier for me to put everything in 1 spot.

Altreac,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Cant seem to upload pics to tiny pic right now. Anyone else having issues?

cybrguy,
Top Bottom