The Runt from SBL

Lokbok

Finally ordered myself a SB (needed one to help round out my butane and wood vape collection) and went with the Runt. Hopefully it'll arrive tonight (more likely tomorrow). I ordered it with S&B Dosing Caps to help keep things cleaner. I have a few question regarding usage. For those who also use the Dosing Caps, do you guys use it with the Cap closed off? I was thinking of just using the bottom half as more of a tray so that I can easily stir it if needed. Also, I've read from several sources that the magnets aren't as strong on the Runt as the other SBs and even saw a video where a guy said he's had accidental spillage due to it. Anyone else have this problem with the Runt? Did you come up with a solution to prevent from the Runt accidentally coming apart or is this issue overstated by these individuals?

I'm really excited to get my SB. I love butane vapes because I'm a sucker for on-demand heating. I no longer own any electronic vapes (other than cartridges for maximum stealth) and SBs were always on my radar since it seems like the vape that operates and hits like a bong the most.

Thanks in advance for any help and feel free to throw more tips my way.

Lokbok

Thanks for the reply. If using Dosing Caps fully enclosed and it helps spread the heat.. doesn't this kind of get it into the realms of turning the SB into both a convection and conduction vape? I know right now it's mostly convection, but having it fully enclosed a hot piece of metal seems like it gets closer to what the Dynavap is (albeit not as extreme since the flame isn't touching the metal).

As far as the spillage, the one video I saw the guy just mentioned that compared to his other SBs, the Runt doesn't always align perfectly because outside of the dovetail, the blocks are held together with just one magnet each. I think he might have accidentally pushed the flame intake block down a little too hard and it slid down the bowl block as well.

Lokbok

It's still mostly convection. I don't notice a huge difference in vapor signature.

Ahh yeah, I guess. I have bigger hands and I just automatically square everything up when putting it together.

Now that you mention it, the guy in the video was a smaller (overweight) looking guy. I also have hands on the larger side so it's good to hear that it hasn't been an issue for you. As mentioned yesterday, my SB Runt will hopefully be home today by the time I get off work. Look forward to it and thanks again for the info.

Edit: Update. Got to try it out and definitely love the way it hits. Pretty much got the technique down immediately (except for covering the carb hole my first try) because I've had a history of manual vapes (Vapor Genies, MFLB, etc.).

Still debating on whether to use the S&B caps with the lid on or off. I do like being able to just open up and check the herbs/stir. I also get to load the caps a bit more without the lid. As mentioned, my main reason for getting the S&B caps is to keep the Brick clean but also as Nizzy said, works as a heat sink (though I hear this is less of an issue now because of the restricter disk)

Last edited:

Lokbok

As an update, been thoroughly enjoying the Runt and its been my daily since the day I got it. I do have a question for the other owners though... do your magnets align perfectly? I noticed with my unit, the top magnet is placed a little low while the bottom magnet is placed a little high. So when I just have the top block, it naturally slides down a little and vice versa for the lower block.

UPDATE: Contacted SBL and they confirmed this is by design to help ensure clear airflow.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the metal screen for cleaning? It seems really stuck in there and I am afraid of damaging the wood while using tweezers.

alleyhoops,

Megaton

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the metal screen for cleaning? It seems really stuck in there and I am afraid of damaging the wood while using tweezers.

Push down in the centre of the screen with the end of a pencil or something similarly shaped/ sized, this should make the edges of the screen bend inwards from the walls of the bowl so you can grab the edge with your tweezers.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
You can pull it out using a needle. It even happens from time to time if i stir to heavy :)

Have to prise the Runt once more. It's such a simple, but absolutely awesome device when it comes to taste, usability and efficiency.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Holy crap look at this thing! Is there a thread for this on the forum? I tried searching and didn't see one.

sticky%20bricks%20unit%20catagory%20banner.jpg

Edit: Released on April 1st, I fell for that one hard :doh:

SatanLovestoVape

I just got my sticky brick runt (walnut) the other day. H0ly shit I love this vape. I only tried one butane vape in my entire life, and it was the Vapecap which I hated. I heard such great things about the sticky brick hitting hard, so I had to give it a go. I got it on sale on puffitup with a 20% off discount code. My total was a little over a hundred dollars, which is a bargain. It did not take me long to figure out the technique. I just put my torch flame in the glass intake as close as possible and move it around a little bit. Then here comes the clouds. I love having a butane vape in my collection in case my electricity goes out. Just a great vape all around.

SquanchKava

I just ordered a walnut Runt from PIU. I have been wanting a heavy hitter vape for CBD flower so I don't have to reload my Dynvaps and Flowerate over and over to have deeper evening and weekend sessions.
I was wondering if any of you put it in a protective case or bag and what kind you use. I need to keep it hidden but also want to protect the glass.
Thanks.

odc57

I just ordered a walnut Runt from PIU. I have been wanting a heavy hitter vape for CBD flower so I don't have to reload my Dynvaps and Flowerate over and over to have deeper evening and weekend sessions.
I was wondering if any of you put it in a protective case or bag and what kind you use. I need to keep it hidden but also want to protect the glass.
Thanks.

Should of gotten the Sticky Brick Jr. :leaf:

odc57,

SquanchKava

Should of gotten the Sticky Brick Jr. :leaf:

Nope, wanted something bigger than the Junior. I was torn between the Og, Hydrobrick, and the Runt. I would of wanted to use the Runt mouthpiece with the Junior if I got one anyway. So I would of still been wanting to protect the glass. And I wanted the larger herb chamber of the runt. Sadly I can't leave it out on the shelf to enjoy the looks all the time cause of the kiddo.

Last edited:

SquanchKava

If you don’t mind, please give an update and let us know what you think because my birthday is next month and I have an eye on the Runt too. :p

Will do. I was torn between the Fractal one on the SBL website and the Walnut one at Puffitup. I let the huge savings from the Puffitup coupon make the decision. Plus Carolina Hemp Company is having a 20% sale on Saturday for their fifth year in business. And their CBD shatter is so awesome, I will turn the 48 dollars savings difference towards 2 grams of CBD shatter. Still gave to keep the Dynacoil happy, lol.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I went from zero @StickyBricks products to owning 3 in less than a month!
First to arrive was a used OG, amazing device although mine was seriously combusted in and is pretty charred all inside. The taste is amazing though, so it must be resin impregnated!!

Next to arrive was the 2019 Black Limba Flip Brick. This one was bought from @Sneaky Pete Canadian store. Amazing craftsmanship again, smooth and sleek!
Hits really nicely through my RooR WT.

And last to arrive today, was a second hand Runt!
This guy is the perfect size for me! I can direct the flame correctly and see the vapor density at the same time, very helpful!
I have another vape I bought off IG that is just too small, think it is a clone of the Junior?
I cannot see both tubes at the same time and is quite the contortion act to use...LOL!

All 3 are amazing little devices that just require a jet flame to vape with.
All 3 are equally heavy hitters once you master the technique.
All 3 are gorgeous to look at and hold. The wood is so smooth and silky feeling.

I am debating adding my VapeXhale hydra-Tube to my Flip Brick now...Creating a mini HyroBrick.

@StickyBricks
Just now admiring my Runt after a few hits and I noticed that all 3 have different branding on them.
I really like the brick pattern with the company name below it.
Have you ever thought of branding the vapes name onto it as well?
Just a thought!

Last edited:

SquanchKava

So I sold my Runt when I got and OG but was missing it. Recently got another Runt in trade for the Splinter V2 I wasn't bonding with. Man I love the Runt. I get vapor so fast with it which is great because I get tension headaches easily. And I love how fast you can take off the flame intake block or just pull off the herb chamber to load, stir, or empty it. So glad I got another Runt.

Top Bottom