the real effect of marijuana on your brain?

EarthFriend

i have been studying art and psychology in school and believe i have determined the real effect of marijuana on your brain. this requires a little prerequisite knowledge of the functions and characteristics of the left and the right sides of the human brain.

RIGHT SIDE
,artistic
,spatial relationships and geometric patterns
,the OBSERVANT side that allows us to SEE rather than to KNOW (see their surroundings with thir eyes rather than seeing their stored left brain interpretation of those same things
,has a hard time talking with people and using symbols, words, etc.
,is what used to be dominant in humans, but because of our number and langauge based society, is now dominated by the right side
,used in art

LEFT SIDE
,number and symbol based
,writing ability
,logical, rational
,math
,conversational
,what is usually dominant in people today but used to be the recessive one
,creates symbol of things that it sees rather than truely OBSERVING them

My hypothesis is that marijuana use either stimulates the right side of our brains, or inhibits the left side of your brain causing the right to take over. i think this for these reasons:

,marijuana is often used as a creative aid by artists (art is always attributed to the use of the right brain rather than the left)
,people often claim that they can see geometric patterns in their field of vision (i know this a very strong effect that i get and several of my friends get this effect as well)
,people often claim to be able to experience sensory information to a much higher degree, which would be attributed to the left brain's heightened power of observation
,many people find it more difficult to converse and talk as they normally would, again typical of the right brain
,many people have a hard tme writing when high, which is typical of the right brain
,its a fact that we are usually using our left brains, and this would explain the dramatic change in thinking patterns while high (right brained)

EarthFriend,

djonkoman

I think you're right
I used to very rational, for example as a kid I never wanted aspirine or so since I thought it was bullshit to only fight symptoms, and in elementary I almost never stayed home sick I just went to school(eventough my parents immediatly believed me if I said I was sick and often my mother even adviced me to stay home longer than I did)
I used to only see small trees, big trees etc
if I was affraid for something I ignored it since I thought fear was irrational, so I wanted to conquer it
I didn't really get a lot of symbolic/feeling sayings(not that I didn't understand it, but for example I still don't get poems and think all poems just sound like bullshit, in highschool I had a hard time when we had to do questions about poems and what emotions there were in it and how you could see that etc)

but I have gotten a change in highschool, one of the elements was that I started smoking
but it was already set in motion before, weed was already a part of that change and helped to continue it
I've gotten more in touch with my emotional side, I now really can enjoy the beauty of nature, now I see majestic trees, scrony trees, trees that look wel and wild in nature and tame, deafeated looking trees surrounded by bricks in the city
I now also like symptomfighting when sick, now I have weed tough so I still never used aspirin or so
shrooms made me feel this emotional side even more

and, wild guess, my crosseyedness(I have made a thread about it in this subforum) could also be related to one half of my brain being too dminant

my rational side is still as strong as it was, my emotional side is now just added to it
I think one of my first strong encounters with my emotional side was when I first fell in love, I used to like watching horrormovies as a kind of comedy, the bloodier the better and I would laugh everytime someone got slaughtered bloody
but when I was in love I suddenly couldn't watch horror that well anymore

I now mostly notice my rational side taking over when I'm with someone who is really high and starts acting as an idiot

djonkoman,
Top Bottom