1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RastaBuddhaTao, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Mushroomturtle

Mushroomturtle Smokeless and alcohol-free

Thanks man, I did wonder about how it affected grip. I think I'd prefer the secure feel of that 1.5 edge, as long as it doesn't dig into the skin too much.

Summer likes this.
  2. Rasputin

Rasputin A.K.A. Bobcat/Heyoka in some circles

Selection is tonight. Good luck everyone!

[​IMG]

Fred_, Etsu and dodgy_b like this.
  3. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

The key with using milanna is

1. Make sure u clean the metals often, squeaky clean
    2. Try to use a fully charged 18650 evert time
    3. Draw lightly and slowly until u feel the heat in ur mouth then drAw a little stronger
    4. 5-8 second pulls worked best for me

Baron23, Whissmu and AJS like this.
  4. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Thanks for the shoutout :). The vtc5 batteries are totally worth it. No hesitation needed.

I feel like you have the perfect personality for a Milaana. Great trial testing and objective analysis of variables and their effects on your experience. Exactly what is needed to bring the best out of this vape. I have friends that don't care to do this. They pack how they want to pack, rip hard, hot, don't stir, etc. and they still love it. But it's definitely fun to take it to that next level where every sesh becomes a science experiment. Really glad you managed to dial this thing in. Coulda missed out on a great vape you really enjoy. Great post!

mucsusn, Whissmu, Rasputin and 2 others like this.
  5. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

I've got two Milaanas and a microphone.....
    Alright, no mic, but a sweet addition to power the Mi along.
    Picked up @hippogriff 's OG Milaana and power adapter from the classifieds.
    The OG unit gets to temp faster and can can get hotter, but the Tubulator model heats more evenly through the load. The OG is better for the quick rips, and the Tubulator is best suited for session work, especially with the Power adaptor.
    The power adaptor is really pretty sweet. I can dial in the sweet spot in voltage delivery for each unit. The OG likes right about 4.20ish, what an 18650 puts out. And the newer model runs a tad cooler and it likes a bit more at about 4.5ish.
    Thought I would try both side by side and keep the favorite. Turns out the OG is my portable, and the Tubulator my home unit plugged in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MAbud

MAbud Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think best operating mode is when the battery is slightly drained. Fully charged is pretty powerful and can provide slightly hot vapor quickly. I get better and smoother draws after a few sessions on the battery

7. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

ohh! It was you who took it from me! -> Of course kidding :wave:

I did not really have time to ask the price and I probably would not send it to my country :hmm: ...... I want one :love:... but I still have to save to be able to buy one of @Alan

Enjoy you power milanna !!

SloJimFizz and P.A.M. like this.
  8. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

[​IMG]

9. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

I let go of button when it gets too hot

10. radiant34

radiant34 Well-Known Member

where do you guys get your stems? 420 edc seems to be sold out.

11. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Mountainglass.com

12. radiant34

they dont cut them down to the smaller stems size :(

13. Other Side

Other Side In the clouds

There is a tutorial video somewhere that @duff made on how to do it with a Dremel. Can't remember where he posted it tho.

14. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

The joints are also of inconsistent quality and the ID is variable.

15. Other Side

Other Side In the clouds

Good point. This is true and therefore you may want to buy extra. Good thing is they are cheap enough and it never hurts to have some backups assuming you get lucky and they all work.

SpudBob and cybrguy like this.
  16. hippogriff

hippogriff Well-Known Member

Glass is a huge PITA w/o specialized tools, you'll wind up with little fissures and scallops that pop out along the cut line w/ the dremel method, which you can flame polish (ie blast it w a blowtorch for several minutes) to be barely ok, not a satisfying job.

Finding a local glass guy yields way better results - I don't have one, so I've used Oregon Glass Blower, he takes requests and does awesome work, not cheap but very reasonable for perfect results.

Lately I've been thinking about getting a slim stem from 420EDC and one of their top hats, and trying to fuse the top hat inside for the ultimate micro-dosing stem...

Jill NYC, SpudBob, KeroZen and 3 others like this.
  17. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

OGB has been the source for my custom stuff as well. Mike will do anything you ask him to, and he knows about US joints...

SpudBob and KeroZen like this.
  18. Other Side

Other Side In the clouds

Yeah I never tried it myself but just putting it out there. On the 7th floor stems I had Ryan cut down I didn't have any issues with the edge or flame polishing.

SpudBob and Shit Snacks like this.
  19. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Planetvape? Vaped.com could have too

20. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

Robert told me that all Planetvape glass stems and connectors do not need to be cut down to fit RBT products.

21. hippogriff

hippogriff Well-Known Member

Oh hey, the Milaana mini stems at 420EDC have been moved to the clearance page, and marked down from $7.99 to $4.99

22. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

Screens not included, these are on clearance due to having a wide inner diameter that we aren't able to find a compatible screen for. Think you have a solution, then buy them up!

mixchu69 and Baron23 like this.
  23. radiant34

hey arthur, where did you get your stem? i was thinking of getting wood. because my tile floors ate all of my milanaa stems..

24. TheRobbo

TheRobbo Well-Known Member

Don't know where arthur got his but I got one from @Alan am very happy with it as my glass went the same way :(
    I think edds_tnt also does them but can't remember how to spell his username :razz:

ArthurJ and ZC like this.
  25. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

@Ed's TnT made this Koa stem w/14mm wong mp for my Milaana. Use it on all of my 18mm stem units.
    He has a lot of wood species to choose from.

[​IMG]

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors