Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thirded!

It won't have voltage control, but with a trigger button and settled on a solid set voltage you can still temp step a load each hit, or preheat more for a high temp hit, either way prett instantaneous, and its already gotten more polished for a beta.

Shaping up to be quite a versatile little portable in its own right, little Jr trying to be more like his big bro Zion, how sweet

Gotta agree with you there Dude, there are some extremely interesting & exciting ideas, designs and fully formed beta devices coming out of that there RastaBuddahTao laboratory. And I'm thinking that this stealthy lookin' little number is definitely gonna scratch an itch for me :nod:

:peace:

Indeed. Notice the "Pending" portion of my sig. It's "pending" on this little jewel, whatever its final incarnation is. I have faith! This may be The One.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The speed at which the beta team is able to digest, internalize, deconstruct, report out on and revise this vaporizer has been nothing short of amazing. Here are a couple of pictures of the beta unit with the addition of a stir stick and recessed glass. The unit starts out a little warm with a full battery and will scorch your load slightly after ten or fifteen seconds but it reaches its sweet spot right in the middle of the discharge curve and right around 3.5 Volts you begin to need a pre-heat and you know its time for a charge. The Zion heater technology is pretty robust to the drop in voltage.

Hats off to the Team for turning the Alpha into the Beta. I really think this one has some promise, what are your thoughts so far team?

IMG_5180%5B1%5D.JPG

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Love it Rasta. The size is very appealing. The button placement looks well placed, lending itself to a traditional mod. Slick all around. Knowing that it has the same heater technology as the zion in a smaller package is a automatic win. :tup:

My thoughts, when translated from the dance form, are that I love the size (palmable!), I love the design, I love the natural/steampunk look, I love the compatibility with my other vapes (GonG, batt, charger), and I LOVE the power the vids show it to have. The only thing I don't love about it right at this moment is that it exists only in 2D for me. lol. I do love, however, that it exists as my conceptualized concept concert vape, 2D or otherwise.

HD Springer

RBT You have hit your own sweet spot. You my friend are in a zone. And you going with a standard 18650 battery-'s for your line of vapes is a very smart move. That has proven to be a pain in the ass for portable vape co. Very hard to make a design specific battery strong enough for these vapes.

I'm blown away by the way the line is quickly fleshing itself out. I can't wait until @RastaBuddhaTao has more units in the wild and can speak more on his future projects -- it would appear the sky is now the limit.

And I agree that the standard 18650 size is dope, so you can have Zion batteries on hand for your Zion Jr (name pending still). Man that's a nice pic of the Jr, drooling a little looking at it. I'm combusting while I wait for the GH and Zion, they're the top 2 most interesting vapes, but I'll likely have the chance to have ordered several pieces of the RBT lineup and be using them LONG before I see my hopper. Lol/sigh? Almost feel like the portable unit needs a grasshopper eating bird name!

Last edited:

slatihe

shut-up-and-take-my-money_o_202409.jpg

And with that said...

I would really really like to have a temp controlled version, basically about same form factor... Not sure how necessary a small dimmer is, but it is VERRY nice to be able to go up it down

I think your spot on with the 14mm glass, like it better then 18 because it's much more common.... But think you really should be hooking up strait to your water tool of choice if that's a selling point or you're missing the point in my mind, and making the mouth piece double ended shouldn't be a big deal right? Would be TOO cool in the standard kit and makes that stem way more useful. IMO anyway.

Can I buys beta??? PWEASE!!! I MUST HAVES IT! HAVES IT RIGHT NOW!

..... Cough... Sorry please forgive me. Just haven't been the same with out my nano, VAS has gotten out of control

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
A shout out to the RBT Beta Team for taking the stealth unit from concept to Alpha prototype to this Beta prototype in record time. With that this initial Prototype will be shipped off to @thekarmawhore for detailed design followed by a build of a Beta test fleet.
Let us know your thoughts because after all, we do this for you so help us do it right.

HD Springer

Looks fantastic. 1 question did you need any preheat time on the 3.6 battery. I'm imagining you had to wait 2-3 seconds before you started pulling. I'm just curious about the ramp up time as the power in the battery fades. Would that be your last hit before recharging that battery. Looks like from the cloud there is still pleanty left.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Looks fantastic. 1 question did you need any preheat time on the 3.6 battery. I'm imagining you had to wait 2-3 seconds before you started pulling. I'm just curious about the ramp up time as the power in the battery fades. Would that be your last hit before recharging that battery. Looks like from the cloud there is still pleanty left.
No preheat as it was warm from the 4.2 hit. When the battery pushes below 3.4 it starts to need a pre-heat and extended draw... That's how you know it's time to change the battery. It's pretty powerful and fast for a little guy. Running direct off the battery and simple circuitry makes for near zero resistance making the most of the 30 Amp capable battery.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
What I think is 'I can't keep up'. I still think final units would need some sort of power knob. The whole battery state is more than likely to much for the average stoner to cope with. I can see it causing frustration.
@RastaBuddhaTao I don't know if it would work or not but instead of using potentiometer for power control could you build a resistor ladder rotary switch type controller this would give a more consistent power delivery over the range and would allow for said range to be more tailored to the heater capabilities. As in 1 thru to 9 for flowers and 10 to 12 for dabs that way you can please all the people all the time. Just an idea which has bounced around in my happily fried head.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
and making the mouth piece double ended shouldn't be a big deal right? Would be TOO cool in the standard kit and makes that stem way more useful. IMO anyway.
I would say no to sucking on a GonG if that is what you are suggesting.

We have adapters for that purpose.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I would say no to sucking on a GonG if that is what you are suggesting.

We have adapters for that purpose.

With these standard sizes, adapters for days!

However, I do think sucking on GonG end is perfectly fine, and a very nice bonus that it could be used dry and then inverted right on to a water tool by default right out of the box...

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I think we were at, battery in one direction led on, battery in the other direction led off, correct RBT?
Correct.

With these standard sizes, adapters for days!

However, I do think sucking on GonG end is perfectly fine, and a very nice bonus that it could be used dry and then inverted right on to a water tool by default right out of the box...

Great idea for an optional stem. Thanks!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Sounds a bit clumsy to me.

Ever used a GonG as a mouthpiece?

Not very graceful.

As an optional extra as RBT suggested it would be fine but as standard I would be left wanting a proper mouthpiece.

:2c:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
My standard stem for the Zion is a 15cm GonG.

ygJE79I.jpg

I replaced the MP whip on my Orbiter with an angled GonG.

9W0mJ3O.jpg

Since my lips touch ground and not smooth glass, I have far fewer "lipstick" incident with these. I much prefer them over regular glass stems.

slatihe

Sounds a bit clumsy to me.

Ever used a GonG as a mouthpiece?

Not very graceful.

As an optional extra as RBT suggested it would be fine but as standard I would be left wanting a proper mouthpiece.

:2c:

Yes... 14.4mm on ascent both glass and wood. 14.4 is great, and meny a ascent user has.... Also have dual use stems for nano... Much prefer wood tip for dry mouth piece. And ascent users may be swayed by the much awesome ascent turns into when gong adapter is used as mouth piece.

Any way 14.4 is really quite comf-ie as it doesn't really add much bulk at all. It's pretty small.

Also the out side of my nano stems have never gotten sticky and I used the crap out of them. They only be getting a brake while nano be off to the shop... Sticky gong joints are usually a result of using gongs of varing length and dabbing... Mostly dabbing with oil running down and smoking with crap tons of resen...
Vapping keeps my glass relatively speaking pretty clean... And I usually clean my glass. Hate dirty down stems, imparts off flavors. Still end up cleaning my glass just cus I want to not because I NEED to:2c:

Though I would be in line to agree about 18/19 size...too much bulk imo, but would still try it...

Honestly though, I don't get the big deal. End user should be able to decide their preference. :2c:

But just once I would like to have it come in the box and NOT have to spend time and money buying/making MORE adapters... Nevermind waiting on the mail. I also think it would be a very strong selling point for a LOT. Of users.

I'd buy it based on included adapters alone prolly.:rockon:
Do love that water:drool: even if not necessarily necessary. :rofl:

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
My standard stem for the Zion is a 15cm GonG.

ygJE79I.jpg

I replaced the MP whip on my Orbiter with an angled GonG.

9W0mJ3O.jpg

Since my lips touch ground and not smooth glass, I have far fewer "lipstick" incident with these. I much prefer them over regular glass stems.
:wave: Well hello there.

Those pictures demonstate my point. Those are not mouthpieces but ground joints and that is exactly what they look like. And it just doesn't look right to me, mouthpieces & GonG's are generally seperate for a reason, I think.

Some people I know would look at me very funny if I passed them a piece with a GonG sticking out of it and expected them to draw on it - and it just gives an unfinished, low end look & feel in my opinion at least.

As I said previously however, this would be fine if it was an extra but I would not want it instead of a standard mouthpiece and I do not think it would be a good look for the general public when in production.

I also love the noticeably huge flavour of dry hits compared to water where and as much as possible so I would probably get much less use from the GonG than a standard mouthpiece stem.

I'd buy it based on included adapters alone prolly.
Really? That sounds extreme. I have tunz of adapters already and I would certainly never buy a vape based on the adapters it comes with.

Man it would be sooooo dull if we all had the same tastes eh?!

:D

Stay frosty y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom