• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BawlmerMerlin

I believe I got the second to the last one, now on its way across the Atlantic from Vapefiend. It appears to be somewhere in between the length of Milaana glass short stem and long stem, and I am quite intrigued to try it upon arrival.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Now I feel bad for ordering two of them... :(
Let me know if you experience issues to get one for yourself in an appropriate time frame and I will send you one of mine!
It's all good! I appreciate the gesture!

Have come back to the Milaana after a honeymoon with Zion, and I gotta say, the taste the Milaana produces and the speed at which it does it, still shock me going on 20 months of daily use. My mouth is thickly coated with terpenes and cannabinoids and it's just phenomenal.

I don't mind the heat of the short stem.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
9YeZsjP.jpg

woodsten arrived from @Alan ipe burl...looks almost holographic in person :love:

just de-flowered it...or is it just flowered:hmm:
...i love glass, but this dhould be way more durable for the way i use it AND it's 18mm M2M

Tommy10

Screwed the thread out got everything sitting on now. Seems to be all tight and working well but no heat coming out? No Vapor on draw no bud colour change no heap of lid nothing, but battery seems to be loosing power?

Kept talking battery out and brushing all the threads tried a few times till my finger got hot when holding the button seems to be going now. Still gonna get those new beaut battery's soon and DDave 14mm. Anyone reccomend a light service? Just brushing down all connections and making sure it's all smooth?

Last edited:
Tommy10,

TheRobbo

Screwed the thread out got everything sitting on now. Seems to be all tight and working well but no heat coming out? No Vapor on draw no bud colour change no heap of lid nothing, but battery seems to be loosing power?

Kept talking battery out and brushing all the threads tried a few times till my finger got hot when holding the button seems to be going now. Still gonna get those new beaut battery's soon and DDave 14mm. Anyone reccomend a light service? Just brushing down all connections and making sure it's all smooth?
A damp paper towel will do the trick. ISO is better. Make sure you do the female thread in the brass knob too.
I can't help thinking if there is nothing attaching the wire to the screw post apart from being clamped, surely if the post works loose then there is a chance the wire could become dislodged and not make the best/any contact when the post is screwed back?
Might be worth getting the bottom off to check if you feel up to it instead of international warranty? Though having said that doing so might void said warranty :shrug:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

how long have you had your current batteries for?

if you have had them since last year when you were posting heavy and making milaana videos...i can almost garantee they are your batteries.

i was holding onto my initial batteries because i was trying to be economical and didnt really notice the sag. once i got new batteries...it changed the game.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
One of the things I've always loved about cannabis is the creativity it provides. The "what if I ___________?" and then run the experiment. It's why I use over 25 tunings on various guitars and guitar-like instruments.

And to me the Mi is just like a fine guitar. You can ask what if, about a lot of different things. For a device that is outwardly simple it offers endless possibilities. Grind, tamp, size of load, placement of load closer or further from oven, pre-heat length (if any), draw speed, and button technique during draw. All that shit matters. And what about turning the stem and stirring, or not? And then there's the screens. Top hat? Basket? If basket how close to heat source? And ya gotta keep those suckers clean. And then there's battery. What type, what stage of charge, and probably what's the age and use on the battery itself. All that shit matters.

And then there's the stems.

It's so fucking cool.

After pooh-poohing the long stem on my Mi and using the short stem almost exclusively for a week I took the LS out again last night and again today. Wow. I think the week's practice helped me learn to use the long stem much better on my second try. I'm getting great flavor and huge fucking clouds-and I like to chase clouds. And I haven't lost control. Yet. I admit I did the first time I took the long stem out for a spin. But I've learned to use my draw better and feather the button a bit.

I love how cool the vape is on the long stem. That will probably make the LS my go-to on the Mi which has become my Daily Driver.

Of course all this 'What if ___________?" has seriously given me VAS and I'm trying to convince myself that I deserve a Dynavap M, and some kind of log desktop. So look for my wish list to grow, my bank account to shrink, and my wife's head to explode.

And it's all your fault FC. Thx.

And I haven't even started putting together accessories for the Mi. I am well and truly fucked.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
One of the things I've always loved about cannabis is the creativity it provides. The "what if I ___________?" and then run the experiment. It's why I use over 25 tunings on various guitars and guitar-like instruments.

And to me the Mi is just like a fine guitar. You can ask what if, about a lot of different things. For a device that is outwardly simple it offers endless possibilities. Grind, tamp, size of load, placement of load closer or further from oven, pre-heat length (if any), draw speed, and button technique during draw. All that shit matters. And what about turning the stem and stirring, or not? And then there's the screens. Top hat? Basket? If basket how close to heat source? And ya gotta keep those suckers clean. And then there's battery. What type, what stage of charge, and probably what's the age and use on the battery itself. All that shit matters.

And then there's the stems.

It's so fucking cool.

After pooh-poohing the long stem on my Mi and using the short stem almost exclusively for a week I took the LS out again last night and again today. Wow. I think the week's practice helped me learn to use the long stem much better on my second try. I'm getting great flavor and huge fucking clouds-and I like to chase clouds. And I haven't lost control. Yet. I admit I did the first time I took the long stem out for a spin. But I've learned to use my draw better and feather the button a bit.

I love how cool the vape is on the long stem. That will probably make the LS my go-to on the Mi which has become my Daily Driver.

Of course all this 'What if ___________?" has seriously given me VAS and I'm trying to convince myself that I deserve a Dynavap M, and some kind of log desktop. So look for my wish list to grow, my bank account to shrink, and my wife's head to explode.

And it's all your fault FC. Thx.

And I haven't even started putting together accessories for the Mi. I am well and truly fucked.

Yeah your totally screwed. Acording to IG the last of Milaana has started. Maybe Milaana 2 is coming......

oddjobold,

beyond6strings

Yeah your totally screwed. Acording to IG the last of Milaana has started. Maybe Milaana 2 is coming......

Well that sucks dead donkey dicks. I guess this old man needs to get over to my incredibly dormant IG account and stay better informed. OTOH, I would love to see what Ryan might do going forward. And @Bravesst is doing some amazing things at vapwood.com I think his Lil Bud is an incredibly cool customization of the Mi. Some might even say an upgrade.

And I can just love the shit out of mine. As I'm doing. I just got my @DDave Cooling Wand and love it.

Now I'm going to have to learn to drive it. Each stem has its own personality.

CaptVapor

Are there any details about Milaana 2? Probably third time i've seen it referenced, quite curious

CaptVapor,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are there any details about Milaana 2? Probably third time i've seen it referenced, quite curious

Nope, just an incremental update to match Splinter as the current product line once this latest batch sells I imagine. There are no real details about the changes or the timeline

Shit Snacks,

MAbud

While still be on limited use, I love the Milaana! The flavor is amazing. I’m starting to get a better feel for trigger length and pulling stronger vapor. I am getting a bit of charring / hot spotting. I may need to stir or rotate more? Not sure but really happy with it so far.

Tommy10

how long have you had your current batteries for?

if you have had them since last year when you were posting heavy and making milaana videos...i can almost garantee they are your batteries.

i was holding onto my initial batteries because i was trying to be economical and didnt really notice the sag. once i got new batteries...it changed the game.

Hey mate yes I got em back when I got my device so you could be right. Also know it's a cold device because it was cold back then but keen to try these new run on apparently better batteries people are talking about and a 14mm kit. Keen to the bits because to be honest probably not this year but I could almost go another Mi soon, or see how the development or wait time is on the zion and treat myself because that was I always initially wanted. 4 new batteries and if the device is still running cold I see myself getting another, or something that uses 18650. Shame because I didn't use it enough and now the battery probably too old when I wanna dig in. GH battery already basically a bowl and dead :/ so keen to get a nice 18650 divices running to my spec.

Holy hell just Sussed what retail is for a new toy as I got this pre order. I'll be buying new batteries to hopefully breath life into the the Mi I got! While I use to to browse on what's new in the 18650 world. Been absent for like a year happy with my VC and since happy with my evo might VC and GH so wasn't really looking for VAS will get new battery soon and report how it helps this Mi but I don't think I'll be retail buying a second

Last edited:

radiant34

While still be on limited use, I love the Milaana! The flavor is amazing. I’m starting to get a better feel for trigger length and pulling stronger vapor. I am getting a bit of charring / hot spotting. I may need to stir or rotate more? Not sure but really happy with it so far.
Is this the updated version? Mine gets em too. Really frustrating..

radiant34,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I've been using my Milaana through water more than ever lately and it's fantastic. It takes a little bit to get the hang of but once you do it works really nicely. I can pull massive clouds now with zero charring and the flavor is amazing. When I first started using a waterpipe with it I charred left and right. Probably took me 10 or 15 bowls to really figure out how to use it to its max potential.

beyond6strings

I've been using my Milaana through water more than ever lately and it's fantastic. It takes a little bit to get the hang of but once you do it works really nicely. I can pull massive clouds now with zero charring and the flavor is amazing. When I first started using a waterpipe with it I charred left and right. Probably took me 10 or 15 bowls to really figure out how to use it to its max potential.

I'm about ready to start testing my Mi with water. I'm two weeks into my love affair with the Mi and have (mostly) learned to use the three stems I have: the short and long that came with it and a @DDave Cooling Wand (my fave). What, if any, are the differences in technique. I really don't want to combust. I've stepped close to the doorstep of combustion with all three stems, but it seems like it'd be really easy to blow over that line with a water pipe.

Thanks, kb

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I'm about ready to start testing my Mi with water. I'm two weeks into my love affair with the Mi and have (mostly) learned to use the three stems I have: the short and long that came with it and a @DDave Cooling Wand (my fave). What, if any, are the differences in technique. I really don't want to combust. I've stepped close to the doorstep of combustion with all three stems, but it seems like it'd be really easy to blow over that line with a water pipe.

Thanks, kb
I keep my material really far from the heater and start pulling faster as soon as I see the vapor starting to form. When the Milaana is cold I'll do a 3 or 4 second pre heat and start pulling slow. After it's warmed up you won't need much preheat.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
You could be packing material too close to the heater. You could be tamping down too hard. You could be too heavy on the trigger (pulsing is better than constantly pushed in). Could be any combination of the above as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom