1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RastaBuddhaTao, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ajvapegod

ajvapegod Member

Hi there, I got myself my first Milaana a few weeks ago and it’s been amazing, everything I wanted from it. But then this sesh I drooled down my stem and it went into the chamber until he Milaana. The screen now has like a stain or something on it and doesn’t hit anywhere how it was hitting before. I now have to hold the button for atleast 5 seconds for it to heat up and hold down during my draw almost twice as long as before, and yet it is barely browning it or gets toasty. And idk if it’s me or not but it might taste a bit different too. Idk what the problem is and if I need to send it in for warranty. I’ve included a pic of the stain I’m talking about. Really appreciate your help as I’m really bummed, was just really getting my technique down well too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
  2. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I can't imagine that getting some drool into the heater compartment would hurt your Milaana. I have seen Milaana that were left out in the rain that still worked fine (after drying) and I have heard of one dropped off a Kayak into a river and still worked fine later.

You should let it dry out before using it to avoid shorting it, and you should probably try a new battery, but if your Milaana is really not working I doubt your drool is the cause.

3. ajvapegod

ajvapegod Member

thanks for the advice I let it dry overnight and tried it out again this morning and it’s kinda better as in it’s finally vapes my herb again but now it does so much less. I’m going to let it still dry out more and hopefully it’ll come back, but how long does it take to dry it really wasn’t that much and will it ever go back to performing the same?

4. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Was there an obvious short when it happened? Did it spark or make a noticeable electric "wap" noise? Given that there are no chips in it there really isn't anything to blow.

Have you tried a different battery? Make sure your battery has a full charge.

Overnight should have been plenty of time to dry it out.

KeroZen likes this.
  5. ajvapegod

ajvapegod Member

Sorry I meeant to reply to you cyberguy

It did have a little noise that didn’t sound normal at all does that mean it shorted? And does the warranty cover that because I’m gonna be really bummed if literally a drop of drool ruined my Milaana

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
    cybrguy likes this.
  6. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

It shouldnt, I've burned off drool no problem in my OG Zion beta, should be fine here too. The trick was burning it off right after it happened, so I dono now that you're past that point. Its been used so that should have burned it back to neutral regardless, could be the screen as you mentioned, or something special in your drool :brow: perhaps... Just gotta fill out a warranty form on the site and find out I guess, good luck!

7. ajvapegod

ajvapegod Member

When I happened I did burn off the drool all it did was mark my screen kinda thanks for the advice though

WakeAndVape likes this.
  8. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Have you tried a new or other fully charged battery?

The Milaana doesn't make any noise on its own. When I have used very moist goods I have occasionally heard a sizzling sound as moisture evaporated. A zap sound would have been from a short and you should have immediately pulled the battery for safety. I don't know what you heard.
    As I said above I can't imagine a little drool causing any serious problem. It should have just evaporated off. Any warranty issues would have to be discussed with Ryan but I am puzzled by the problem. I hope you can suss it out.

WakeAndVape and KeroZen like this.
  9. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

Have you cleaned your screen since the drool? Thinking maybe you're just clogged up?.......

There have been a number of stories about units that got wet and worked fine after, thinking maybe it's something else.

WakeAndVape likes this.
  10. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

also @ajvapegod if you check the screens and the batteries and they are all good and your milaana still aint cracking...

get a paper towl with some iso and clean the theads on the post, the washers and the copper door.

also male sure the dimple on the copper door is touching the flat-top of the battery...if you have removed the washers and put them back on wrong, it coild keep the lid from making a solid contact

11. ajvapegod

ajvapegod Member

Thanks for the advice gonna give it another try before I send it in. The cracking I heard I believe was moisture as well just a bit louder then normal. For cleaning the screen it’s ok to just wipe it with some iso wipes or what should I do because I don’t want to make anything worse then it is

12. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

if moisture is the culprit of it's underperformance, applying nore moisture will be counterproductive (if it gets in)

turn your milaana upside down and swab the screen with a damp (not wet) q tip

i highly doubt (as others have said) its the slobber...unless you got a few ounces of it in the unit...that heater can get redhot which would incenerate your spit pretty easily

sickmanfraud likes this.
  13. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

After that if you're still struggling, I meant the screen in your stem. Thinking the drool may have clogged up the stem.

WakeAndVape likes this.
  14. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

i don't know why the mental picture of drool blocking a stem seems so fucking gut churning to me:puke:

But you are correct...i wasn't thinking about the stem screen:doh:

SloJimFizz and MonkeyTime like this.
  15. splitz

splitz Well-Known Member

I be famous - I wore out my button

I wonder if Ryan needs any other long term testing done?

16. Tommy10

Tommy10 Well-Known Member

Top part of screw that holds battery cap must of snapped can't get enough thread to hold? Any ideas of fixes really upsetting was gonna pull the trigger on some new bats and 14mm. Maybe shave the brass lid down so I can get enough thread through? Maybe some how attach some extended thread?

WakeAndVape likes this.
  17. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Does your screw post terminal move? (i.e. can you turn it?) Normally this has been fixed for a long while, but maybe not in your unit. This can lead to all kinds of problems. If it's the case you must turn it counter clockwise as far as you can.

WakeAndVape likes this.
  18. supreme86

supreme86 Member

Mine does this. Probably my only problem with the mi

KeroZen likes this.
  19. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

This wouldn't be so problematic if the wire was clamped with a nut and not just between the head of the bolt and the wood. In my device as soon as the post got unscrewed, it created intermittent contact because the wire became loose and performance dropped.

When I had the misfortune, or the chance depending how you look at it, to have my bottom cap unglue itself, I took the opportunity to add a dab of solder on that wire and nut head such that they are now permanently tied together. This also prevented the post from getting undone as it limited completely the amount of possible rotation.

Previously I had to counter-screw the post on a regular basis to make sure it was tight. Slight annoyance indeed.

Vapetrees, WakeAndVape and supreme86 like this.
  20. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Just happened to me last weekend. I am very interested if there is a field fix or do I have to send it to the USA.

WakeAndVape likes this.
  21. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

It may have gotten pushed further into the hole a little. It happened to me once before I think on my V1 unit.

I was able to pull it back up enough to get it to work. It's pretty snug but I guess I may have forced it down at some point.

If that doesn't work, try taking out the washers 1 by 1 until you can get the plate to secure and still get contact w the battery.

KeroZen and WakeAndVape like this.
  22. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

That happened to my V1 milaana as well... @Tommy10 i doubt much could break the post without noticing.
    when it happened to mine i followed @KeroZen 's instructions and unscrewed the post from the body making it longer again...the last thing i did was put a drop of super glue on the threads when it was the right length and it stopped moving.

originally i did what @muunch did and just removed the washers...the one problem i found with that is:
    when you remove the washers, and have to screw the cap down further...you flatten the connection spring inside the milaana...which gives you something else to fix along with the sunken post.

my new Milaana has a post that is starting to sink, but there is a new washer with it that keeps it from sinking too far...if it becomes a further issue, i'll just superglue it(when its high enough) instead of sending it in

KeroZen and cybrguy like this.
  23. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

So cool - Two of them are on their way to me. Cannot wait to try them! Thank you again for the good hint.

MonkeyTime, jamesuk9 and cannabis.pro like this.
  24. jamesuk9

jamesuk9 Crew Slut...

Let us know your verdict. I'm sure you won't regret.... Currently the only glass I'm using with my Milaana.

Jill NYC, cannabis.pro and Dynavaper like this.
  25. cannabis.pro

cannabis.pro OpenCannabis Advocate with a shop at 420EDC.com Accessory Maker

And they sold their last one before I had chance to snag one. Next time!

WakeAndVape and MonkeyTime like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors