Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
What about your cells? What model/brand are you using and where did you get them? Do you have access to a multimeter or a simple voltmeter of some kind?

I have a mod for ejuice so I tested it with multiple batteries from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, etc. all rated at 20A, yet still it happens every time. The batteries still read in my mod as fully charged.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Could be a bad contact somewhere. Undo the thumb nut, and check that the threaded post is fully screwed counter clockwise (normally not an issue anymore in recent versions)

Eventually remove a washer to increase the contact pressure.

The terminal down the battery holder can also bend if you drop the cell too hard. You can use a hook to bend it back up gently.

Wipe the copper and post with ISO while you are it, can't hurt...

Apart from that, it's puzzling. Did the device fall? Could be a weak heater? Can you measure its resistance? (note: it's relatively involved though)

PS: no Panasonic cell that I'm aware of is suitable for the Milaana

Simple10

I haven't dropped it but who knows maybe something happened during the shipping process. IDK what the bottom of the battery chamber is suppose to look like so here's a pic:

2cdzs42.jpg

Does it look like normal?

I have not tried wiping the copper and washer pieces but I did remove the plastic blocker pick and that didn't help. Although if it really is a power connection issue woudn't it not work at all?

Last edited:
Simple10,

AJS

Calm Consistency
I have a mod for ejuice so I tested it with multiple batteries from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, etc. all rated at 20A, yet still it happens every time. The batteries still read in my mod as fully charged.
Do 4-6 second preheat and draw slowly and steadily, throttle button when it starts getting hot. If it doesn't feel like it's getting hot enough then maybe your unit is tuned a tad cold, but he takes precautionary measures to prevent that.

The second hit will be easier to get a cloud than the first. Think of the first hit as the flavor chase and herb primer. Second hit is when it gets good.

Also for your first hit, before you hit you can take the stem out, hold the button, and put your mouth over the intake screen against the wood and blow into it and feel the heat coming out of the female end. Can use this to heat everything up before you start.

I always recommend the vtc5 when bringing out more power.

BroodVape

@Simple10

My thoughts are poor connection and/or batteries too. There isn't a lot else that can go wrong. Are the batteries you have pretty old?
This actually makes a lot of sense. I get the best results with my brand new HG2 set, and while my 2 year old batteries work perfectly fine I only get two good hits before it starts feeling like the LGs after an entire bowl. They just can't hold their charge as well anymore, especially in a mech mod, though they're fine in my regulated mods.

Simple10

Do 4-6 second preheat and draw slowly and steadily, throttle button when it starts getting hot. If it doesn't feel like it's getting hot enough then maybe your unit is tuned a tad cold, but he takes precautionary measures to prevent that.

The second hit will be easier to get a cloud than the first. Think of the first hit as the flavor chase and herb primer. Second hit is when it gets good.

Also for your first hit, before you hit you can take the stem out, hold the button, and put your mouth over the intake screen against the wood and blow into it and feel the heat coming out of the female end. Can use this to heat everything up before you start.

I always recommend the vtc5 when bringing out more power.

I kept the button held down for over a minute when I finally began feeling the heat and noticing the red glow underneath the screen. By then I felt the whole outer surface part getting hot not just the inner chamber. And there was only enough heat to make it uncomfortable to hold for more than 5 seconds: no instant burning pain at the touch. It remained hot for a good few minutes after removing the battery. Like the heat is being distributed throughout the whole unit, not just to the glass heating chamber.

@Simple10

My thoughts are poor connection and/or batteries too. There isn't a lot else that can go wrong. Are the batteries you have pretty old?

The batteries are less than a year old and still work in my ejuice mod and showing over 90% charged.

I tried

Simple10,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I kept the button held down for over a minute when I finally began feeling the heat and noticing the red glow underneath the screen. By then I felt the whole outer surface part getting hot not just the inner chamber. And there was only enough heat to make it uncomfortable to hold for more than 5 seconds: no instant burning pain at the touch. It remained hot for a good few minutes after removing the battery. Like the heat is being distributed throughout the whole unit, not just to the glass heating chamber.

The batteries are less than a year old and still work in my ejuice mod and showing over 90% charged.

I tried

RBT has Warranty parameters all written out.

That being said, you need to run these tests with a proper up to spec battery. Milaana power is much bigger than an ejuice MOD. Year old batteries are OLD. Did you get a battery with your unit to test with?

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

I tried

So have you cleaned the contacts yet as @KeroZen suggested?

Also NEVER hold that button that long without drawing. You will damage the heater. Kicking the heater to glowing red is a no-no... Hopefully you did blew thru the air intake while holding the button like @AJS recommended??
You should feel the heat pretty quickly then. It will get HOT in your face after a while.
The heater has a massive surface area and has mica insulation. That's why it gets that hot and retains the heat. So it's the way it works getting warm during use. Again, never hold the button that long without drawing or airflow.

How old are your batts and what types are they?

Simple10

RBT has Warranty parameters all written out.

That being said, you need to run these tests with a proper up to spec battery. Milaana power is much bigger than an ejuice MOD. Year old batteries are OLD. Did you get a battery with your unit to test with?

So have you cleaned the contacts yet as @KeroZen suggested?

Also NEVER hold that button that long without drawing. You will damage the heater. Kicking the heater to glowing red is a no-no... Hopefully you did blew thru the air intake while holding the button like @AJS recommended??
You should feel the heat pretty quickly then. It will get HOT in your face after a while.
The heater has a massive surface area and has mica insulation. That's why it gets that hot and retains the heat. So it's the way it works getting warm during use. Again, never hold the button that long without drawing or airflow.

How old are your batts and what types are they?

I have various types batteries i bought from IMR, all with at least 2500mah and the oldest is a Samsung I got 7 months ago.
My mod is a Smok Alien that I use with ejuice tanks that require at least 100w to function. My batteries work fine in that but can't handle Mi power? Perhaps it's a regulation issue?
I ordered a pair of those LG batteries recommended by RBT and will test it again when they arrive.
I did blow into the intake as I was holding the button. I felt the warm air but the outer surface all around felt hotter.

Last edited:
Simple10,
Reactions: vapen00b

BroodVape

I have various types batteries i bought from IMR, all with at least 2500mah and the oldest is a Samsung I got 7 months ago.
My mod is a Smok Alien that I use with ejuice tanks that require at least 100w to function. My batteries work fine in that but can't handle Mi power? Perhaps it's a regulation issue?
I ordered a pair of those LG batteries recommended by RBT and will test it again when they arrive.
I did blow into the intake as I was holding the button. I felt the warm air but the outer surface all around felt hotter.
I've got the alien as well, that and an RX200.

My two-year old batteries work perfectly fine there and last a damn good while, but as soon as I stick them in the Milaana or any of my other mech mods the hits feel weak after the first two, maybe three.

That's with cooking it for about 5-6 seconds, slow inhale with button held for 3, fast inhale with button held for 3, then another few seconds to "clear the chamber" with the button off.

I'll get one or two clouds from the old batteries, while I can finish three or four entire stems on one of my new batteries.

They degrade way quicker than you'd expect, but the regulated mods kind of hide that with their electrical magic.

Edit: and worst case scenario is that you might have a warranty claim, if you verify that new batteries don't work either.

btka

Hello FC!

Happy 4th of July!

Get 30% off a Milaana purchase from 420EDC
Today and Today only, use code: 430
Offer ends tonight at Midnight.

Our Summer of Independence Sale ends tomorrow at midnight, use code for 15% Off Sitewide until then via code: INDYSUMMER

Thank you for your continued support. Stay safe and stay lifted!

Peace!

I missed it again after the fathersday sale...nobody mentioned this promo f###... so will wait for next promo...
also could you offer a cheaper shipping option for abroad 49dollar is very expensive gh offers an option for 10 dollars, sticky bricks 23,50 dollars and puff it up 22,50 (usps fist class international)
thank you

btka,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I missed it again after the fathersday sale...nobody mentioned this promo f###... so will wait for next promo...
also could you offer a cheaper shipping option for abroad 49dollar is very expensive gh offers an option for 10 dollars, sticky bricks 23,50 dollars and puff it up 22,50 (usps fist class international)
thank you
The cheapest we can ship a Milaana abroad is about $42 for USPS Priority Mail Insured (keep in mind there are processing fees for either the credit card processor or PayPal on top of that cost). The package weighs over 1 pound, so we are forced to use Priority Mail, we have the price set at $49 to cover any extra items like our 24/7 Bundle in weight, as the Standard Full Kit with the 24/7 Bundle is our most common purchase.

If you want a Bare Bones Milaana, let us know via email, we should be able to move a Milaana by itself at USPS 1st Class rate as long as we can insure it. Closer to $20 as long as package is under 1 pound.

If you use Social Media, follow 420EDC on Instagram

btka

The cheapest we can ship a Milaana abroad is about $42 for USPS Priority Mail Insured (keep in mind there are processing fees for either the credit card processor or PayPal on top of that cost). The package weighs over 1 pound, so we are forced to use Priority Mail, we have the price set at $49 to cover any extra items like our 24/7 Bundle in weight, as the Standard Full Kit with the 24/7 Bundle is our most common purchase.

If you want a Bare Bones Milaana, let us know via email, we should be able to move a Milaana by itself at USPS 1st Class rate as long as we can insure it. Closer to $20 as long as package is under 1 pound.

If you use Social Media, follow 420EDC on Instagram
also signed now your mailing list..barely using social media.... yeahhh 20 for shipping a bare bone would be great... waiting for the next promo...

xlr8shun

so after the discussion about "sticky-lip" and the ideas about notching the guitar pick.. i came up with a couple ideas..

i been taking old gift cards and cutting them to fit. they are easy to work with and can bend, but yet rigid enough to hold the stem in.

first iteration: basically a copy of what @flotntoke mentioned a couple pages back, about something @Vape Dr. came up with.. a notched end of the guitar pick to swing into place and hold the stem. i put a small tab on the end, to help with grabbing it to slide it in and out of the way. the shape with notches on both sides, literally locks it in that spot between the stem and battery. it works well.. no more dropped stem.. but since this kind of "locks" in place. it can get a bit wonky to get stem out without having to remove battery to "release" the notched part holding the stem.

second iteration: this seems to work pretty well also. this is on the other side and bends around the top edge. the guitar pick slides out of the way while in use and actually helps keep the notched piece holding the stem in place well. since it also wraps around down the side, my forefinger lays over the top of it. i also use this part to be able to move it out of the way as needed. its still fairly secure, but doesnt "lock" like above, so its easy to slide out of the way, check stem for doneness, and reinsert if needed.

thanks for the ideas and helpful hints guys!

almost there

so after the discussion about "sticky-lip" and the ideas about notching the guitar pick.. i came up with a couple ideas..

i been taking old gift cards and cutting them to fit. they are easy to work with and can bend, but yet rigid enough to hold the stem in.

first iteration: basically a copy of what @flotntoke mentioned a couple pages back, about something @Vape Dr. came up with.. a notched end of the guitar pick to swing into place and hold the stem. i put a small tab on the end, to help with grabbing it to slide it in and out of the way. the shape with notches on both sides, literally locks it in that spot between the stem and battery. it works well.. no more dropped stem.. but since this kind of "locks" in place. it can get a bit wonky to get stem out without having to remove battery to "release" the notched part holding the stem.

second iteration: this seems to work pretty well also. this is on the other side and bends around the top edge. the guitar pick slides out of the way while in use and actually helps keep the notched piece holding the stem in place well. since it also wraps around down the side, my forefinger lays over the top of it. i also use this part to be able to move it out of the way as needed. its still fairly secure, but doesnt "lock" like above, so its easy to slide out of the way, check stem for doneness, and reinsert if needed.

thanks for the ideas and helpful hints guys!
I give you A++++ for effort. I'm a lazy bastard so I'll take my chances and replace the mp if it breaks:evil:. Yesterday I was enjoying my Ddave reducer with 14mm stem, picked up the stem and the reducer came up also and then immediately fell, I was super fast and got my foot under it just in time to soften the landing. Thank goodness, it's my favorite setup right now.

HD Springer

Just returned from my vacation to have a great surprise for me when I returned. My new milaana had arrived and it's FUCKING GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! So I happened to have a freshly charged battery and proceeded to christen the living hell out of it. Like at 3:30 in the morning. Such a great vaporizer. And how RBT has refined everything is so so cool.
Ryan you've really started something great with RBT. As I've said many times before IMO This is how vaporizing should be.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Just returned from my vacation to have a great surprise for me when I returned. My new milaana had arrived and it's FUCKING GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! So I happened to have a freshly charged battery and proceeded to christen the living hell out of it. Like at 3:30 in the morning. Such a great vaporizer. And how RBT has refined everything is so so cool.
Ryan you've really started something great with RBT. As I've said many times before IMO This is how vaporizing should be.

HD - my canary bro! :) We want pics!!

And guess what... today my MOST PRECIOUS one arrived. I dreamt of this for quite some time, now it's real and it feels so unbelievably smooth, this wood and finishing is ridiculous... Fucking gorgeous!!!
I know, @RastaBuddhaTao you won't hear me in here - but I wanna shout it out loud anyways: YOU'RE AN EFFIN' GENIOUS.. love ya!!!

Check out these pics - as always, they don't do justice and I am not able to catch that superfine canary endgrain and surface structure with my shitty cell cam. It's really looks a bit pearlescent shiny..!
Tryin' my best though... I'm soo in love, this isn't normal.. but it's not just a vape.
Please have a look :love:

OUUUHHHH....
IMG_3977dc479.jpg

AAAHHHH....
IMG_3979af123.jpg

RRRRRRR.....
IMG_3981c5379.jpg

YEEHH.....
IMG_39834f012.jpg

OH HELLOOOOO...!
IMG_3985608bd.jpg

:bowdown::nod::clap::love::drool: Already feel like I need to donate some extra cash to RBT...never seen or felt anything like this one...

Sorry, I need to go - don't wanna annoy anyone with this.. I'm just so HAPPYYYYYY...

Get out your Mi's and let's have a Milaana worship sesh!:peace:

BTW:
Announcement! Twice a day Ryan is broadcasting live from RBT Labs working on Zions full on: most workdays at 12pm EST and 7pm EST. Get IG and just click on his channel to join and watch. He's happy to see anyone around while working. So if you feel like supporting him or just catch a glimpse what he's doing all day long for us, tune in!!! See you around guys.
Peace

RBT4LIFE

EDIT: Just realized Ryan was so great to throw in an extra black glass set too.. shorty stem + long one (will gladly post pics with that birdie hottie wearin black, if you like. Don't wanna steal everyone's bandwith though)... Oh man, gotta do something extra good now to balance karma..:rolleyes:

EDIT EDIT:
Fuck man. My VTC6 turned her on like crazy... vapin' hot hot lady!
So I had to take another one: ever wondered how that superhot big sista of millie Milaana would look like?.. Right. Here she is - and she's got some exclusive character. So you gotta admit:
'More wood is always good!' Right guys and gals?? :D ;)
IMG_3986.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom