Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cl4ud3

Ryan pumped his lifesavings into RBT and the bottom line is the Milaana isn't selling enough units. With the complaints over the Zion train movement I guess he's had to make a hard decision on what to do.
I know VapeCritic has a Milaana now and loves it and the Dope magazine might have pushed interest a bit but if the units just aren't selling what is he supposed to do, he even dropped the price by 25% to try and get some sales going but I don't think that many went out.
The slow trickle of sales from FC isn't enough to keep things as a viable product, hopefully this is just a small blip and the Splinter will take off and Milaana sales pick up. All we can do is hope for the best now that word is finally getting out about the products.

xlr8shun

yesterday i was walking the dog, it was starting to sprinkle (again) and it had been pouring all day so it was really muggy and sticky (welcome to FL) anyway, one hand on the Mi, one hand on the leash.. my lips stuck to the mp just enough to pull it out of the Mi.. and i see it falling to the asphalt.. :ugh::doh: i almost managed to get my foot under the falling mouthpiece, but didnt quite make it, although i think i did slow it down a little.

to my suprise.. it didnt break, i quickly pick it up and inspect for cracks.. no cracks either, only thing was this tiny little white "chalky" speck that i figured was a chip in the glass.. so i rub my finger over it wiping it off.. and nope not a chip in the glass.. it was a small rock of asphalt, the mouthpiece chipped the asphalt!

gotta love nice thick sturdy glass.. :rockon:

almost there

yesterday i was walking the dog, it was starting to sprinkle (again) and it had been pouring all day so it was really muggy and sticky (welcome to FL) anyway, one hand on the Mi, one hand on the leash.. my lips stuck to the mp just enough to pull it out of the Mi.. and i see it falling to the asphalt.. :ugh::doh: i almost managed to get my foot under the falling mouthpiece, but didnt quite make it, although i think i did slow it down a little.

to my suprise.. it didnt break, i quickly pick it up and inspect for cracks.. no cracks either, only thing was this tiny little white "chalky" speck that i figured was a chip in the glass.. so i rub my finger over it wiping it off.. and nope not a chip in the glass.. it was a small rock of asphalt, the mouthpiece chipped the asphalt!

Ha, same thing happened to me. Mp was slightly glued to my lips and went tumbling down on to the granite entrance. I only broke the hydrobrick dry mp one day earlier so that drop was like ice in my veins. I jerked my head sharply and pulled a muscle:doh:. There is a happy ending in this, milaana mp was unscratched and SBL hooked me up with a nice discount to replace the broken one:clap:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Ha, same thing happened to me. Mp was slightly glued to my lips and went tumbling down on to the granite entrance. I only broke the hydrobrick dry mp one day earlier so that drop was like ice in my veins. I jerked my head sharply and pulled a muscle:doh:. There is a happy ending in this, milaana mp was unscratched and SBL hooked me up with a nice discount to replace the broken one:clap:

Always have to watch out for this "lip-stick", even if just losing a full bowl and falling to a safe surface. I use a real guitar pick for a safety between copper and battery. I've notched a rounded out part on the glass side that works as a catch to hold the stem in. Took a couple sandings to get it just right, but works great! Only downside is that it covers air intake while hitting, but I like the way it hits like this.

EDIT: Was just looking at Mi's on RGT website. Looks like the same can be done with the RBT safety pic, and could go direction I do - or the other way (with pic rotating around to outside Mi, but curved to glass). The way I did mine is to rough cut with a toenail clipper and dykes. Rough sanding with dremel drum, finer sanding with 200 grit sandpaper, then 400 grit wet to finish. Take it off Mi to do work, so you don't break it where it connects, and try not to let it flex much while working it. OR, could just pick up a couple of cheap guitar pics for this mod and leave your RBT one intact. They are dirt cheap on Amazon and elsewhere. Many others, but 10 for $4 gives you plenty to play with/

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

I was all prepared for this to be a sad story. Instead I got a smile.

If only the other sad stories out there could end up being happy ones...

xlr8shun

Always have to watch out for this "lip-stick", even if just losing a full bowl and falling to a safe surface. I use a real guitar pick for a safety between copper and battery. I've notched a rounded out part on the glass side that works as a catch to hold the stem in. Took a couple sandings to get it just right, but works great! Only downside is that it covers air intake while hitting, but I like the way it hits like this.

great idea!

xlr8shun,
Reactions: flotntoke

AJS

Calm Consistency
Wish I could take credit for it, but learned it here. Forget who originally posted it, but probably from about a year ago IIRC. Have been using it ever since!
There's so many tricks discussed a year ago that are never mentioned anymore. Hell, I asked my friend if he ever flips the screen around and use it like a dome and he goes "oh didn't know you could do that". Meanwhile a year ago that was the height of our discussions lol.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
There's so many tricks discussed a year ago that are never mentioned anymore. Hell, I asked my friend if he ever flips the screen around and use it like a dome and he goes "oh didn't know you could do that". Meanwhile a year ago that was the height of our discussions lol.

Maybe finally time for a Milaana Best of Thread? Who's gonna help dig through all those old posts?

Whissmu

As I already mentioned ... my Milaana is my favorite vape for the nights that I sleep away from home, its fast demand makes me get incredible clouds full of enormous flavor! :rofl:
I show you how well it fits in the sunset:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love my milaanaa. I vape bowls after bowls all day and even bought a back up for my heavy use! This thing kicks ass hard

Alan's wooden stems .Smart!!! No broken stems!! But How hard is it clean wooden stems?

I like the idea of all glass also, soak it in iso from day and it's clean. so I'm using the ddaves concentrate chamber (poor Jews) wish it had a bigger bowl and sits a little closer to the heater.

I ponder the idea of a milaana stock stem with a glass screen then I saw 420edc stem and top hat system. Has anyone use that? I've seen YouTube videos. The top hat seems like it would get hot after a session. And handing it doesn't sound fun. I don't care to preload because I like cleaning out the bowl right away. Its easier when the herbs still warm, I can blow it out and have a super clean screen.

elykpeace

exVASted
I ponder the idea of a milaana stock stem with a glass screen then I saw 420edc stem and top hat system. Has anyone use that? I've seen YouTube videos. The top hat seems like it would get hot after a session. And handing it doesn't sound fun. I don't care to preload because I like cleaning out the bowl right away. Its easier when the herbs still warm, I can blow it out and have a super clean screen.

I got a M2M adapter and I don't like it much .. can't use a basket screen.. I even bought some arizer eq bucket screens and they don't work either .. you could buy the small glass bullet that goes into the WPA but the honeycomb glass screen in the middle is just too big. (The holes)

Actually pretty dang frustrated with the whole thing 17 dollars and I can't even use it for what it's only purpose is ... I don't get it

elykpeace,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Alan's wooden stems .Smart!!! No broken stems!! But How hard is it clean wooden stems?
This is the only thing that has kept me from getting a wood stem. Being able to soak glass stems in ISO is really easy, and I like easy. But the concern over breakage of glass does tend to put a crimp in my style. I haven't yet broken one while out and about, but I would be surprised if that isn't in my future some time, and a wood stem would take that fear away.

I know someone is making some wood stems with a glass sleeve, and while that would be easier to clean, you still couldn't just drop in in ISO. That is likely the alternative I will go with when the time comes...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was never a fan of ISO soaking. I always cup 1 end with a finger, fill halfway, hold the other end and shake for 30 seconds to a minute. Rinse. 2 minutes start to finish for perfect screens and stems.

I agree, but still doesn't help you with wood stems ;) I barely use mine for this reason, I want to more, but I baby em too much since I see how dirty the glass stems get...

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I'm really enjoying this vape! The more I use it, the more I love it!

I feel like my firewood3 prepared me to use the milaana, there was barely any learning curve for me. Although, the more we get to know each other...the bigger the clouds I can get.

My 14mm stem is on its way to me and I'm stoked to be able to microdose....even though I still can with the 18mm. Big props to @DDave who's customer service is second to none....amazing! Got my shipping confirmation with tracking literally minutes from placing my order! :rockon:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Got my shipping confirmation with tracking literally minutes from placing my order! :rockon:

Right!! I swear this man sleeps at the post office.

Glad to do it!
(I really hate long wait times before receiving something I order online!)

And regarding my relationship with USPS, you guys knew I had a day job, right?

superhero_postal_service-620x412.jpg

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Wish I could take credit for it, but learned it here. Forget who originally posted it, but probably from about a year ago IIRC. Have been using it ever since!

Yeh, that was our good ole @Vape Dr. back in May 16.
Here was my first iteration...pretty rough but did the job. :tup:
The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

As I already mentioned ... my Milaana is my favorite vape for the nights that I sleep away from home, its fast demand makes me get incredible clouds full of enormous flavor! :rofl:
I show you how well it fits in the sunset:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great post bud! Wonderful pics! You must be having a great time with Mi!! Gotta love it.

I got a M2M adapter and I don't like it much .. can't use a basket screen.. I even bought some arizer eq bucket screens and they don't work either .. you could buy the small glass bullet that goes into the WPA but the honeycomb glass screen in the middle is just too big. (The holes)

Actually pretty dang frustrated with the whole thing 17 dollars and I can't even use it for what it's only purpose is ... I don't get it

That sucks to hear that. Can't you deform the basket screens with thumb and index to fit the opening and get a grip? Those buckets should be gotten to work like that.. Maybe pics could help helping you? :)

Enjoy your Millies everyone. Fantastic vape, always happy to use it. :)

elykpeace

exVASted
Yeh, that was our good ole @Vape Dr. back in May 16.
Here was my first iteration...pretty rough but did the job. :tup:
The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Great post bud! Wonderful pics! You must be having a great time with Mi!! Gotta love it.

That sucks to hear that. Can't you deform the basket screens with thumb and index to fit the opening and get a grip? Those buckets should be gotten to work like that.. Maybe pics could help helping you? :)

Enjoy your Millies everyone. Fantastic vape, always happy to use it. :)

Yeah I wish I could but the M2M is smallest at the tips. Widens twords the middle? So if it's close to the edge and you tap it the wrong way everything just falls into the stem . Eq buckets are loose in it and I would sand it down to fit the 22mm length but it wouldn't help much since they aren't a tight fit to begin with and the stem is wider twords the middle

Maybe it's a defect?

elykpeace,
Reactions: vapen00b
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom