Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Suck and load method for me too but there has to be a better name :)!

Is there a case similar to the 18650 case that will hold the longer stem or DDave mods?

Straw method ;)

I like to load with @Ratchett's scoop n poke too, then take the start of a fresh bowl (or freshly stirred) upside down so it self tamps and is secure too. I straw a lot though

I have an awesome 3D printed case that I'll post a photo of at some point, I can use it with a stem and a corked glass vial (from Mist) for herb, then it's just like a dugout.

Also nice job @AJS on getting a best of going for this finally! Now get to work on the Zion and Grasshopper best of threads next :whip:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Also nice job @AJS on getting a best of going for this finally! Now get to work on the Zion and Grasshopper best of threads next :whip:
Yeah yeah, maybe later, but first ....;):freak:
(Notice the chest clench)
S9RLd9b.jpg

2 second preheat, 11 second draw, first hit of a 14mm microdose. "You're telling me you got this cloud in 13 seconds out of a 14mm bowl...?" "damn right"

HINT: Before I even loaded this bowl I pressed the trigger and blew in the intake to feel the heat coming out the female end (stem not inserted). I do this for 2 reasons.
1. Check the battery life based on the heat feedback (careful .. can be hot),
2. to heat the vape up a tiny bit...although in this case it didn't make a big difference cause I did it before I even packed the bowl so it probably cooled down by then.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
HINT: Before I even loaded this bowl I pressed the trigger and blew in the intake to feel the heat coming out the female end (stem not inserted).
How funny. I have been doing this since the early Zion days, but this is the first time I recall having seen it mentioned. Way easier than pulling the battery and dropping it in the charger.
Much easier on the Zion, btw, where the intake is wide open but useful on Mi anyway.

AJS

Calm Consistency
How funny. I have been doing this since the early Zion days, but this is the first time I recall having seen it mentioned. Way easier than pulling the battery and dropping it in the charger.
Much easier on the Zion, btw, where the intake is wide open but useful on Mi anyway.
Been doin this since 5/5/2016, you probably beat me to it haha. I've briefly mentioned it when I was into 2 hit k0s ... it's in a couple of my videos I believe.

Zow237

Damn this thing is sexy. Thanks @Melting Pot for the Milaana. It took me about 3 stems to figure out what I was doing entirely but fuck..... This thing can rip hard. I didn't once combust which actually doesn't seem all that e z to do unless you forget to take your finger off the button haha. Vapor quality is very good for such a small device not to hot at all and I only coughed one time even after taking huge rips which is good because I'm sensitive to hot vapors... I only set the screen to fit mayb .1 and I got about 4-6 pulls from each load. The short stem I thought would be super hot but actually left me with smooth vapor. I love the grain of the wood, nice smooth finish just looks sleek with the small stem. More testing to come but so far I like it a lot! We will see if I enjoy this more than the MVT and Tubo when they come in :tup: I'm slowly falling less in love with my evo with all these badass wood vapes out there! Might have to move on hahah great job RBT! This will be my daily driver for a little bit for sure :)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Are those RBT triangle picks shipping out soon? I was going to wait for my Zion but I may fill the form out sooner rather than later if they're actually shipping out

edit: just made my own so I guess meh for now. the triangle branded ones look amazing though

Last edited:

Zow237

Starting to zone in on this. All I have to figure out now is how to get low temp draws with this. Def have the big draws down. I'm def thinking about getting the cooler from ddave. Would def enhance the experience imo. Just sat down for two stems got some stuff for my wife because she went into labor this morning. Feeling good and now making my way back to the hospital. She's not actually in labor her water broke but baby Is not ready to come out. Cheers all!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Congrats on the baby, dude! :tup:

Low temp draws require lots of on and off the button and very slow draw. At least that's how I do it!

Did up my guitar pick mod with a spare last night and have 4 wooden stems prepacked for today's adventure. Back to using the Mi as an actual portable!

FreddieFresh

It's quiet in here :ninja:

I also traded for a Milaana a few weeks ago and I must say I absolutely love it. What can I say?

My, oh Mi!

It's all fun and games until someone loses a Mi. (thankfully mine is safe and sound :D)

(Insert shitty pun here)

What is there to say that hasn't already been stated ad nauseam? It's like preaching to the choir (can I get an amen?) and still drastically underselling it's capabilities.

Without trying to :horse: some more, I'll say that the impressive power of the HSA heater presents itself quickly. It provides a fast and full heat signature, and is incredibly even and uniform with its extraction. Especially considering the load size and larger surface area. I stir maybe twice a session.

Overall, its been a joy to use dry and through water. I've been doing some comparisons of its micro-dosing capabilities next to the MVT, and I'm quite happy with the results. Here's a video I did with an 18/14 reducer and ELB tophat and 0.04 loaded up. Super milky and super flavorful!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUSIPRRFyhz/

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The one advantage (other than pocket carry) that the Mi has for me over the Zion is it's ability to pair up with smaller glass pieces. The piece in that vid is pretty big, so either would work well with it, but something smaller, like the D020, works a little better with the Mi. It is just easier to manage it when it doesn't overwhelm your glass piece. YMMV

ArthurJ

The afternoon array.

Ok, so I dutifully slide the pickguard into place after taking a hit if I'm only doing a quick hit or something. Then later, when I go to hit it again I invariably find myself sucking away and getting nothing but frustration before realizing, "oh the pickguard safety feature" and then of course we rectify the situation. So really my only complaint with the unit is that the safety feature is so good that protects me from myself.
But boy is it nice!!!

HKZJ4Og.jpg

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
Definitely want to get one of these, but I hate having to wait for my paychecks to come and keep up with my VAS demands lol.

I wanna ask though, do you need to get a specific adapter to use a WP with the Mi or will any 18mm male adapter do?

Simple10,
Reactions: cybrguy

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
You need a US jointed adapter. An ISO jointed adapter is 26mm in length. A US jointed adapter is 22mm. An ISO length adapter risks damaging the screen.

I've never heard of these before, I thought they only came in sizes 10, 14 or 18. Basically I just wanted to know if the wp adapter can be found in any typical smoke shop in a legal/medical US state or is it something less common I would have to order online? Are there any pics for comparison?

Simple10,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There are probably dozens between here and the Zion thread. I will put up another...
LDrmIS2.jpg

The adapter on the top is US on both sides, and came with one of my China glass purchases. The one on the bottom was made by @Oregonglassblower and is ISO on one side and US on the other...

Not being a (rec) legal state we have a paucity of head shops so I don't know how common the US joints are at retail. There are actually 3 different US joint lengths, but the middle one is the right one and the only one I have seen.

Added: Here is the first place in this thread that I was talking about joint size. Back on page 29, more than 7500 posts back...
Zion/Milanna joint size

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I've never heard of these before, I thought they only came in sizes 10, 14 or 18. Basically I just wanted to know if the wp adapter can be found in any typical smoke shop in a legal/medical US state or is it something less common I would have to order online? Are there any pics for comparison?
We have some 18mm:18mm in stock. TopHats are recommended unless you have a screen that would fit one of these joints. Shameless 420EDC Plug

Shit Snacks

Bring a clean stem with you to the shop to check if the size matches up. Could be tricky getting a screen into non stock stems though. Another good option is getting a universal SonG from Delta3D, then you can use your existing stems, plus it'll work with most any vape

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

I haven't used that one, not sure about the narrow opening for wide 18mm stems but the silicone does stretch and he offers others. Mine is part of an old prototype and I have another vape dedicated one that works on others. He can always make new ones too

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Zow237
Got a lil video together for the new DDave mod! It for some reason split it into two different videos, so I'll just post em both! Sorry for the tiny video size ... idk why it's so bad.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Great video! So helpful
Have you tried this ddave mod with oil/concentrate and herb combo? I would assume leaving the milaana on her side so oil doesn't drip back into the heating element.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Last night I got the best flavor hit ever!!!! I had this minty terpene just get blasted onto my tongue and I swear it was like I had mint gum in my mouth for 5 mins of intense flavor. Wow!
Ugghhh yessss. I know that exact feel. Wish my herb was good enough flavor right now to enjoy that too haha. Damn black market.

for my Zion on thursday
Whore ;)
So excited to hear your comparison...as most of us had the Milaana for quite a while before we'll be able to try our Zion ... or they had the Zion long before the Milaana. You're getting both within the same month if I'm correct...? Eliminates some biasness or habitual behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom