Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
People, may I introduuuuuce to you:the '420 ConWhakktion Crew' feat. Alan Stamz performing "Tower Of Power". :bowdown::rockon::clap:

qtHn6Sm.jpg

Thanks @Alan for making these one hit wonders even cooler! :cool::tup:
(puns intended:D)

Great guy and fantastic to know @RastaBuddhaTao and him collaborating. :drool:

Love and peace:peace:

sickmanfraud

I just received my PV stem and gong.

These stems have the cannabis 1/2 -5/8 inches further from the heater.

Can anyone who has used these stems advise on best use.

Thanks

sickmanfraud,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Has this thread gone quiet in my absence?

I've been using my original Mi, with non-flush glass, and in all reality, the extra 2 sec heat up time is not really noticeable. I have taken a real liking to Alan's wooden stems. To me, the maple short stem is just perfect.

I'm thinking about building my own Mi body, basically a transplant of all internal parts. Turns out, Maple is an awesome choice for a vape, a really resilient hardwood, and I'll probably stick with that for my first prototype. Any suggestions on a body style / size?

sickmanfraud

Has this thread gone quiet in my absence?

I've been using my original Mi, with non-flush glass, and in all reality, the extra 2 sec heat up time is not really noticeable. I have taken a real liking to Alan's wooden stems. To me, the maple short stem is just perfect.

I'm thinking about building my own Mi body, basically a transplant of all internal parts. Turns out, Maple is an awesome choice for a vape, a really resilient hardwood, and I'll probably stick with that for my first prototype. Any suggestions on a body style / size?

I can only speak for myself, but I missed you. I was hoping you would help with making a Best of thread for the Milaana.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
What is new!!!!????
420EDC is having our annual 420 Sale. We start it early for those on our email list. We have Milaana in-stock ready to ship. Use code: 42017 at checkout to get 10% off any order until April 30th midnight EST. 420EDC

We have some new products, the Oz Box, the LockBox, Firewood OTG Case and plenty of other accessories for the Milaana or any of your VAS affliction.

@Bravesst I do agree with Maple being the best wood choice as far as durability now that I'm getting my hands on and into cherry, walnut, spalted maple etc.

Shit Snacks

@cannabis.pro will new spalted units be available soon? Looking to go big on the upgrade for my third Milaana (from OG beta and a beta-ish V1) with all the trimmings, turbulator, new brass, black glass, new pick, etc. Haven't spoken to @RastaBuddhaTao in a while bc I don't want to disturb his steady progress while the Instagram keeps me up to date!

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@cannabis.pro will new spalted units be available soon? Looking to go big on the upgrade for my third Milaana (from OG beta and a beta-ish V1) with all the trimmings, turbulator, new brass, black glass, new pick, etc. Haven't spoken to @RastaBuddhaTao in a while bc I don't want to disturb his steady progress while the Instagram keeps me up to date!
Thanks for the interest! RBT is the person to talk to about spalted. Subject to change but at this point that is the procedure.

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the interest! RBT is the person to talk to about spalted. Subject to change but at this point that is the procedure.

Ah cool cool, suspected that was still the case, just wanted to check in with you since I know you're helping with assembly too. Thanks for the quick reply as always! Top notch CS

Phenomenal place to buy a phenomenal vape people! Jump on it already, it's established! Oh plus Craig @ Vaped & PV ain't no slouch either!

tblast

Are you still selling screenless stems and the top bullet? And are they included in the sale? I'm not sure how many Milaana users have tried these but they are a great addition to the Milaana products.

Is there a reason you prefer the screenless stems to the screened? I'm definitely considering trying these out. Are all of them the same diameter?

tblast,

little maggie

20160822_102414.jpg
Is there a reason you prefer the screenless stems to the screened? I'm definitely considering trying these out. Are all of them the same diameter?
There is only 1 size on the website. It's the top bullet I really like and if you use both together then there are 2 screenless layers. If I don't use the top bullet I use a little hemp. I use hemp even with regular screens unless I sandwich screens.
I like never having to replace screens

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Do you have pictures of how you load and use the screened/screenless/top hats??

videos would be even better.
There is no difference loading a TopHat compared to loading a Milaana stem with a stainless steel screen installed. Put the material into the glass cylinder, insert the cylinder into the stem, screen first. You could certainly insert it reversed, but physics will win, and you wind up inhaling a bunch of material you intended to vape. There is a lot of physics at play here, and there is no way to show what happens inside the 420EDC stems when the TopHat engages, but there is auditory feedback as you can hear the glass click into position until the draw is relaxed and the TopHat falls down onto the stainless steel screen above the Milaana heater.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
So after a few days work all the warranty back Log is all clear. All units revieved a complementary sand and buff and any loose glass on OG units was recessed and inlet screens where added. Some of the older jobs received a free mouthpiece for the wait.

During the process it was noted that copper and brass that are tarnished can drop the temperature (watts) by 10%. Be sure to keep everything bright and clean on the copper to battery and copper to brass to stainless screw (threaded post). It was also noted that the threaded post can become loose on early OG units. If you can turn the screw with your finger then turn it counter clockwise firmly and secure with thread locker if you are handy. If you would like to send it in I will be happy to take care of it for ya... just don't expect me to fix my loose screws :)

Milaana's are in stock at Planet Vape and Vaped.com as well as at my partners shop at a discount at 420 EDC.

Well, with Milaana on the shelf it's time to ship some Zion's :)

ZC

Haven't been on here much as my usage has cut back and I'm just too busy to mess around much on the internet these days.

Still, the Milaana is my go-to. Most of the other vapes are packed away in storage, but the Mi sits on my desk. I only vape every few days or so, and these days its very short sessions. A handful of hits.

I've been loading it differently lately. One basket screen pushed into the stem a bit, filled (loosely) with material, and then a DDave style rimmed basket screen to enclose it. Works very well. Very even results, no mess, and no fuss. All the advantages of a two-basket screen system with none of the hassle, since the rimmed screen pops right out and the basket screen stays fixed.

@RastaBuddhaTao What would you recommend for cleaning the copper/contacts?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
So good to be back. I probably need to clean my copper. I'm thinking about taking some steel wool to the threaded rod, copper plate, and washers. I've been using my original Mi with a wing nut vs thumbscrew, and I'd have to say the only thing that ever slows me down or affects performance is the dirty screen. I can gum up a screen in a day. Of course my 50 screens are all over a year old and have been burned clean a dozen times, and I'm sure each cleaning makes that a bit less resistant to getting gummed up. No matter, cleaning takes a minute.

My 20 plus batts are all kinda old. I do rotate, but am tempted to just get 10 new batteries. I love starting with a fresh, strong battery, and I do abandon my batts at the first sign of a performance drop. Sometimes, when I throw on the charger, they are still up around 3.80. Thank God I have the capacity to charge 10 batteries at once.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
So good to be back. I probably need to clean my copper. I'm thinking about taking some steel wool to the threaded rod, copper plate, and washers. I've been using my original Mi with a wing nut vs thumbscrew, and I'd have to say the only thing that ever slows me down or affects performance is the dirty screen. I can gum up a screen in a day. Of course my 50 screens are all over a year old and have been burned clean a dozen times, and I'm sure each cleaning makes that a bit less resistant to getting gummed up. No matter, cleaning takes a minute.

My 20 plus batts are all kinda old. I do rotate, but am tempted to just get 10 new batteries. I love starting with a fresh, strong battery, and I do abandon my batts at the first sign of a performance drop. Sometimes, when I throw on the charger, they are still up around 3.80. Thank God I have the capacity to charge 10 batteries at once.

Hey man,
It's good to have you back. Been missing you here, to be honest. How's your mancave project doing?

To not derail:

I've been trying a new setup and technique that works brilliantly well and might help other sissy throaties like me:
I ordered a wonderful 4,5" tapered 18 to 14 mm Alan stem with glass tube inside (posted a pic somewhere up there, it's the dark brown one sitting in the tubo). I then took a bit of hemp fiber and fiddled it to a thin disc and put that underneath the stem screen so it's encapsulated by the glass tube and screen (inserted afterwards).
It filters all the tiny particles, makes the vapor smoother and adds a nice degree of draw restriction.
This setup combined with a cigar puff like draw technique - or I shall rather say - VapCap mouthpull technique (first putting the vapor in your mouth, then breath it in, instead of a lung pull) - makes the vapor very, very dense but totally acceptable for my respiratory system. Not harsh or irritating at all.
I honestly encourage everyone to get one @Alan stem at least, if you're loving your Milaana. They're great!!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, Bam Bam is on her way back to me. I have missed her, tho Venus has kept me from pulling out any significant hair. Bam Bam has had something of a facelift. She was an early MI, so she HAD unrecessed glass, no filter screen, no battery protection (guitar pic mod), and a somewhat unremarkable finish. From the photo RBT sent I can see that she got some love, including some sanding and wax that brings out her grain noticeably. I am very excited. I'm sure our reintroduction will go well. And I'm sure she will bring some RBT magic with her. And I bet she will tell me secrets she gleaned from the stable of Zions anxiously awaiting THEIR reintroduction to the world.

April is gonna be a good month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom