Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cl4ud3

Ah I see, you meant there were only 3 final Aspen units made, you have one in amber to sell, but if it had been emerald you would've kept it for yourself :tup:

Thanks man! Those all look great, all the latest except for the new copper shape?

That Aspen is pretty neat, two-toned, but not darker like the old ones were... Seems it's the other side of the one in this photo from IG:

zNACrar.jpg

Spalted there too, wonder where all these rare wooded Mi's have been going, I feel like there were tons posted on IG before the switch to Zion, but these are the first to actually be available since the RBT store closed?

I'll message you soon about that Aspen if it's my best chance to get the new tech hotness in a fancy wood, sooner than later at least, not that I'm in need really

I've got one of those Spalteds on order :) Ryan is going to put the new heater tech in them if it works out so there is a bit of a delay. Not sure what happened to all the others though.

natural farmer

Spalted there too, wonder where all these rare wooded Mi's have been going, I feel like there were tons posted on IG before the switch to Zion, but these are the first to actually be available since the RBT store closed?
At any given time there are 3-4 times more guests than members following FuckCombustion... And many members that never post out of privacy concerns. Also non-forum buyers who just visited Planet Vape or other vendors.
There are the Spalted ones!:p

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
At any given time there are 3-4 times more guests than members following FuckCombustion... And many members that never post out of privacy concerns. Also non-forum buyers who just visited Planet Vape or other vendors.
There are the Spalted ones!:p

lol I mean I haven't seen them for sale at all, not just not seeing their users post them here on FC (I know there are many more in the wild than what we get to see here unfortunately)

Yeah @muunch I tend to take it easy on the trigger too and just let my sense do the work so I go several hits before stirring, which I do primarily for taste more than anything else. Some people go hard and cant avoid hot spots needing to stir more, so the new heater update should help with that... Hopefully I'll know soon enough, gotta figure out what I'm doing

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Thanks man! Those all look great, all the latest except for the new copper shape?
Due to the builds in several stages and implementation of the "turbulator" it's tough to tell which units have all the latest up to this point as the turbulator was a very very recent improvement (this week). Add on the fact that there are units built just waiting for new copper without the turbulator installed and you can see that in this interim it is hard to say "YES". In a month, we can say yes to what's coming off the assembly line but it doesn't mean a unit purchased from any of the retailers stock will be up to date with all the latest.

The lean manufacturing capability is great for lower volumes and we are implementing changes on the fly rather than in batches of 500 or 1000 (or more piece runs). With this in mind, you'll have to bear with us in terms of where each unit is in terms of each improvement as some can easily be identified (new copper and guitar pick mod) while the improvement like the Turbulator is not so easy on an assembled device.

I've already heard from a customer asking to upgrade their heater and this type of process should only be done when necessary (broken internal female glass or heater failure). Throughout this thread it has also been discussed at length about user replaceable heaters, and what I can say is that is not a possibility with this device due to its design for an end-user.

On that note, I dropped a Walnut Milaana last week out of my jacket pocket. Because it was in a padded hardcase, it had no issues with the gravity check. Be careful with this tech folks, a $20 hardcase can save $60 (heater and glass replacement) and return postage. Putting a Milaana in your pocket with a male stem connected is just asking for trouble. Lay the Milaana on its side instead of standing it up on a rounded base plate. Remove the male glass stem when not in use. Don't leave your Milaana connected to a water tool when not in use.

Shit Snacks

Due to the builds in several stages and implementation of the "turbulator" it's tough to tell which units have all the latest up to this point as the turbulator was a very very recent improvement (this week). Add on the fact that there are units built just waiting for new copper without the turbulator installed and you can see that in this interim it is hard to say "YES". In a month, we can say yes to what's coming off the assembly line but it doesn't mean a unit purchased from any of the retailers stock will be up to date with all the latest.

The lean manufacturing capability is great for lower volumes and we are implementing changes on the fly rather than in batches of 500 or 1000 (or more piece runs). With this in mind, you'll have to bear with us in terms of where each unit is in terms of each improvement as some can easily be identified (new copper and guitar pick mod) while the improvement like the Turbulator is not so easy on an assembled device.

I've already heard from a customer asking to upgrade their heater and this type of process should only be done when necessary (broken internal female glass or heater failure). Throughout this thread it has also been discussed at length about user replaceable heaters, and what I can say is that is not a possibility with this device due to its design for an end-user.

On that note, I dropped a Walnut Milaana last week out of my jacket pocket. Because it was in a padded hardcase, it had no issues with the gravity check. Be careful with this tech folks, a $20 hardcase can save $60 (heater and glass replacement) and return postage. Putting a Milaana in your pocket with a male stem connected is just asking for trouble. Lay the Milaana on its side instead of standing it up on a rounded base plate. Remove the male glass stem when not in use. Don't leave your Milaana connected to a water tool when not in use.

Ah I see, makes sense, thank you for the detailed reply!!!

I will probably hold off then for now, since my beta-ish v1 is still working fine, so I can get the most finalized unit possible in a rare wood. I can be patient (I think...)

Anyone with an older unit should just buy a second instead of trying to upgrade it imo, then they can also have a back up, or if that isn't feasible seems the resell value is high too!

It is comforting to know Milaana is in more than capable hands with you, amazing customer service already even before up for sale, not that I was concerned there :tup:

Trustin Judeau

I guess BS isn't good fertilizer for growing:p

Keep on innovating guys! I'll be keeping an eye on this ones progress. Good job.
Before folks. This company can rip you off on warranty repairs. Ryan
I guess BS isn't good fertilizer for growing:p

Keep on innovating guys! I'll be keeping an eye on this ones progress. Good job.

BEWARE , Ryan Dunham will rip you off on warranty repair. He kept my money and send me old refurbished unit back instead. Now trying to sell me another unit. What an asshole

mod note: Please review the rules you agreed to when you registered. No name calling- members or companies.

Trustin Judeau,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
:popcorn:
Seems there are many repairs , returns , updates , etc. I cant help to think previous poster is a bit right or simply feels indeed ripped off. If paying big bucks for repairs or updates whatever... at least Zion owners should (might , maybe ) get a more refined or final product. I mean, with Milaana new tubular update, even if I was to buy a new Milaana at 420 or planet vape , I would still be getting a out dated unit , if I understood or read @cannabis.pro comments correctly.

@cannabis.pro , sounds like you can help rbt lots and will have fun doing so . Keep up the good customer and communication skills you have demonstrated too , surely will help the

P.A.M.,
Reactions: Alegre

Trustin Judeau

YOU TALK THE TALK, BUT DONT WALK THE WALK. I WAS RIPPED OF BY YOU GUYS ON MY WARRANTY REPAIR. POOR ETHICS.

mod note: This post is also not acceptable and this member has been notified and warned.

Trustin Judeau,

MonkeyTime

YOU TALK THE TALK, BUT DONT WALK THE WALK. I WAS RIPPED OF BY YOU GUYS ON MY WARRANTY REPAIR. POOR ETHICS.

You only give vague reasons you're so pissed off. I don't mind hearing all sides of a story, but please explain yourself before you go calling names. I can only speak for the CS I received and it was while he was behind and scrambling...... there were some small delays, but it was excellent. I have also dealt with 420EDC/ @cannabis.pro and gotten nothing but excellent CS. In fact I'm the person he was talking about when he said someone asked about upgrades. He not only contacted me and thoroughly answered my questions, but posted here to, to help all.
:popcorn:
Seems there are many repairs , returns , updates , etc. I cant help to think previous poster is a bit right or simply feels indeed ripped off. If paying big bucks for repairs or updates whatever... at least Zion owners should (might , maybe ) get a more refined or final product. I mean, with Milaana new tubular update, even if I was to buy a new Milaana at 420 or planet vape , I would still be getting a out dated unit , if I understood or read @cannabis.pro comments correctly.

@cannabis.pro , sounds like you can help rbt lots and will have fun doing so . Keep up the good customer and communication skills you have demonstrated too , surely will help the

I have heard of very few repairs that weren't just "breakage" by user misjudgment. Returns? Not sure there either.

Updates? Please, keep them coming!!!!! While I can see your point if you don't own one of these yet...buying one and knowing there may be a newer, improved unit out there is less than a great feeling. Isn't that the same for any vaporizer. Once it's built and sent out, it is what it is. Stock can be different for all things from one vendor to another. I work in distribution and have received mixed batches of items within the same order and shipment. Explain that to a customer, 1/2 of your lights dim fine, but the other half have an updated driver that isn't compatible with the same dimmer......

I love the device and consider myself a huge fan. But I'm not a fanboy and don't wear blinders. I spend a lot of money in this area of my life and expect fair treatment as all should. The only real complaints I can recall have been about communication and those have been over for some time (AFAICR) and were during the startup and growing time for a new company, annoying at times, but understandable.

I'm not trying to come after either of you, but lets keep the mudslinging on point!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
You only give vague reasons you're so pissed off. I don't mind hearing all sides of a story, but please explain yourself before you go calling names. I can only speak for the CS I received and it was while he was behind and scrambling...... there were some small delays, but it was excellent. I have also dealt with 420EDC/ @cannabis.pro and gotten nothing but excellent CS. In fact I'm the person he was talking about when he said someone asked about upgrades. He not only contacted me and thoroughly answered my questions, but posted here to, to help all.

I have heard of very few repairs that weren't just "breakage" by user misjudgment. Returns? Not sure there either.

Updates? Please, keep them coming!!!!! While I can see your point if you don't own one of these yet...buying one and knowing there may be a newer, improved unit out there is less than a great feeling. Isn't that the same for any vaporizer. Once it's built and sent out, it is what it is. Stock can be different for all things from one vendor to another. I work in distribution and have received mixed batches of items within the same order and shipment. Explain that to a customer, 1/2 of your lights dim fine, but the other half have an updated driver that isn't compatible with the same dimmer......

I love the device and consider myself a huge fan. But I'm not a fanboy and don't wear blinders. I spend a lot of money in this area of my life and expect fair treatment as all should. The only real complaints I can recall have been about communication and those have been over for some time (AFAICR) and were during the startup and growing time for a new company, annoying at times, but understandable.

I'm not trying to come after either of you, but lets keep the mudslinging on point!
Read the thread . Many have expressed returns for repairs or updates or whatever . I dont know why but not making up what I read either .. Tha k you for agreeing that buying something when you know already a better version out there doesn't make it too appealing. Unless it was at a discount or some thing. I'm not mudslinging, simply stating what is being seen hear. . Maybe a recall of new unsold units to update and offer owners a deal to update theirs would be a nice gesture .

For sure innovation is good.

P.A.M.,

sickmanfraud

Maybe a recall of new unsold units to update and offer owners a deal to update theirs would be a nice gesture .

That may be possible with a vape that is mass produced in the east (China). But a vape made here, essentially by hand can not be expected to incorporate all innovations and improvements in units already in the retail supply line.

If you buy a toaster in January and an updated model comes out in February do you expect the manufacturer to give you an updated toaster in March?

MonkeyTime

Read the thread . Many have expressed returns for repairs or updates or whatever . I dont know why but not making up what I read either .. Tha k you for agreeing that buying something when you know already a better version out there doesn't make it too appealing. Unless it was at a discount or some thing. I'm not mudslinging, simply stating what is being seen hear. . Maybe a recall of new unsold units to update and offer owners a deal to update theirs would be a nice gesture .

For sure innovation is good.

I have read the thread, been a part of it within a few days of it's start. I have also purchased the vape and dealt with both RBT and 420EDC directly for CS. I remember some early issues, most on prototype and test units. As I page back thru the thread, I don't see any issues due to faulty vapes. There has been a little talk of contact problems, but not much. Maybe I've sped over some people posting similar to what I've already read?

I apologize for the "mudslinging" comment, you hadn't said anything in that direction and I threw it out there generically. My fault. Just read those three posts in a row, I should know better!

Now on a more positive note, I finally went and found @DDave 's new website and ordered V3! I've got two V2's and love them and use them daily and with so many vapes! I probably should have ordered two V3's right away so as to have a spare, but I wasn't thinking.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
That may be possible with a vape that is mass produced in the east (China). But a vape made here, essentially by hand can not be expected to incorporate all innovations and improvements in units already in the retail supply line.

If you buy a toaster in January and an updated model comes out in February do you expect the manufacturer to give you an updated toaster in March?
Not on a mass produced toaster no , lol.
Why can't a built milaana be updated . The epoxy glue ? Most things handcrafted can be fine upgraded or fine tuned I would think . Its More a massproduced china vape that couldn't be upgraded no?. easier to work with wood then molded plastic parts.

I don't expect rbt to hand out new models to everyone , of course not. My suggestion is just maybe offer a special price so that people who want the updates don't neccesarly have to fork out the price of a new unit.. some might be able to afford 2, 3 , 4 milaana to have the new versions as they pop out , surely not everyone can though..

Do other handcrafted vape that are in production and selling phase see that many updates in little time ? Honest question, I don't know.

I don't approve the poster's attitude or name calling but I still feel for him or her and can somewhat understand the frustration. I've had a few emails with Ryan when discovering about rbt, great guy sure , seem to have great concept/ products , yes, but , I will keep a thing or two he said private that surely many wouldn't like reading .

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@P.A.M. what you are discussing is impossible and impractical. This manufacturing process has integrated multiple revisions and changes over the past 10+ months. I've witnessed the last contract manufacturer who was building the Milaana first hand once their production facility had the Milaana under assembly. If this type of manufacturing was being done in China, it would be incorporated from one batch to the next, since we are working in much smaller volume, we can implement it on the fly.

The issue with identifying this is with units that have been completed for the past few weeks while the guitar pick modification was being implemented. New copper has been ordered and waterjet cut that has caused a number of already manufactured Milaana to sit waiting for a battery cover. I'm sure Ryan will keep units separated the best he can as we transition to our shop handling the manufacturing of the Milaana. The issue is that there will be some units with the newer guitar pick modification and matched copper that will not have the turbulator.

The Turbulator is an improvement, but it in no way is monetarily feasible to offer this as an upgrade and update or anything other than to be implemented in a warranty repair for a heater failure or broken female glass joint. A unit would have to be rebuilt almost entirely in order to accomplish the incorporation of the Turbulator.

The device is still a handmade Milaana and the units with this improvement won't be available for a few more weeks. Depending on where a retailer is with their supply of Milaana, it may be months instead of weeks until they have units that have this new improvement that was found during Zion R&D and warranty repairs to improve Beta units that have been patiently waiting for Ryan to implement all the improvements he's got in store for Zion.

Perhaps it would have just been best to keep our mouths shut on the Turbulator but transparency helps clarify what is happening, and by having this discussion my hope is that those wanting the latest and greatest improvements understand that these units aren't sitting on a shelf anywhere right now for sale. The devices are still in testing and final stages of assembly, and we are in the middle of a transition of moving the production from New York to Vermont.

Where the device is now compared to where it was in April 2016 is indeed in a much better place, and that couldn't have been accomplished without the valuable feedback of the FC community and the lessons learned since then.

Shit Snacks

Not on a mass produced toaster no , lol.
Why can't a built milaana be updated . The epoxy glue ? Most things handcrafted can be fine upgraded or fine tuned I would think . Its More a massproduced china vape that couldn't be upgraded no?. easier to work with wood then molded plastic parts.

I don't expect rbt to hand out new models to everyone , of course not. My suggestion is just maybe offer a special price so that people who want the updates don't neccesarly have to fork out the price of a new unit.. some might be able to afford 2, 3 , 4 milaana to have the new versions as they pop out , surely not everyone can though..

Do other handcrafted vape that are in production and selling phase see that many updates in little time ? Honest question, I don't know.

I don't approve the poster's attitude or name calling but I still feel for him or her and can somewhat understand the frustration. I've had a few emails with Ryan when discovering about rbt, great guy sure , seem to have great concept/ products , yes, but , I will keep a thing or two he said private that surely many wouldn't like reading .

To answer with a small sample group, yes, MistVape has been, handmade logs always have rolling upgrades like the HI, VapCap and even DaisyBricks did too. None allow you to trade or swap or update an old unit, that is costly and it's easier to build a new one. Sure not everyone can afford multiple but everyone can decide what's important to them when they buy, if they need latest greatest they could always sell what they have. Remember a lot of happy customers don't post here at all too, most here seem more than happy too, so I wouldn't extrapolate a broad conclusion from this thread based on individual perception...

I agree it'd be easier better for everyone all the same latest model, but that's just not practical for the manufacturers at all, and significant though they may be, even the oldest units still perform phenomenally and better than many other vapes... Different price tiers for the newness and resulting improved performance would be nice, but not really necessary considering the work that goes in to building them and how well any model works regardless

turk

turk
To answer with a small sample group, yes, MistVape has been, handmade logs always have rolling upgrades like the HI, VapCap and even DaisyBricks did too. None allow you to trade or swap or update an old unit, that is costly and it's easier to build a new one. Sure not everyone can afford multiple but everyone can decide what's important to them when they buy, if they need latest greatest they could always sell what they have. Remember a lot of happy customers don't post here at all too, most here seem more than happy too, so I wouldn't extrapolate a broad conclusion based on thread perception...

I agree it'd be easier better for everyone all the same latest model, but that's just not practical for the manufacturers at all, and significant though they may be, even the oldest units still perform phenomenally and better than many other vapes... Different price tiers for the newness and resulting improved performance would be nice, but not really necessary considering the work that goes in to building them and how well any model works regardless
.....bullseye

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
To answer with a small sample group, yes, MistVape has been, handmade logs always have rolling upgrades like the HI, VapCap and even DaisyBricks did too. None allow you to trade or swap or update an old unit, that is costly and it's easier to build a new one. Sure not everyone can afford multiple but everyone can decide what's important to them when they buy, if they need latest greatest they could always sell what they have. Remember a lot of happy customers don't post here at all too, most here seem more than happy too, so I wouldn't extrapolate a broad conclusion from this thread based on individual perception...

Thank you @Shit Snacks . Your view makes it sound more realistic compared to the average comments that make it seem like every modification or update is the best new thing rendering earlier versions obsolete.. I know underdog and TT do swap or update some of their log units but that is only speculation on my behalf, maybe it depends on unit itself or what is possible that an individual unit.

not trying to put down but maybe put in my constructive insight. Perhaps keeping innovations to bring out a new version once a year so it incorporates a few of them together at a time.

Sure some of you guys have been around for years and have seen this project grow , please keep in mind , forum is growing by 25+ members each day, many visiters who come on and see this a a legit operating real business. So yeah from an outside perceptive to someone who does not build handcrafted things or understands the time and effort put into things it can seem odd or feel like poster does, whatever his problem is .

I do build with wood and deal with people , not easy, part of why I limit it or don't build it as much nowadays , rather find something more basic or less technical.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I can't believe Chrysler keeps wanting to sell me cars. I bought one in 72. it was a Dart and they won't give me a 300.
Please share where I asked or suggested they hand out or give upgrades? Not what I suggested. And Chrysler wants to keep sellin you cars because they like your money, not you. Surely they don't express hating their customers to potential new clients though ;)

P.A.M.,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom