Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptVapor

Finally got a chance to throw something together for you all to engorge your eyes with!
I had done a couple of practice bowls so my unit was nice and warm and chucked a fresh battery in for this shot. I have moved my screen away from the heater a bit and swapped it back around not basket! Its now the same as stock and I like better for a couple of reasons. It heats more even, the vapour is smother (easier to control the temp) and its heaps easier to stir if I need to without spilling. Any way here is my vid... I will try and get some before and after bowl shots of a similar load.

Nicely done! Did you combust at all? Man, I think I need to move my basket back from the heater some...

TheRobbo

Nicely done! Did you combust at all? Man, I think I need to move my basket back from the heater some...

Nope
Going hard like that I can get some darker spots but can normally get 2 hits that size and normally one more if I stir. Gotta be careful on that third though can get hard the stay on the edge. But its easy to detect the first 10% combustion :freak: and stop drawing.

TheRobbo

Here are some picks I took today of a similar load to my video only difference was Milaana was cold but this makes little to no difference to the outcome.
4okmhE5.jpg

Suck up ground to load
8Q3GTLT.jpg

Then tamp with an unsharpened pencil
gTf7IgG.jpg

After first hit
Ei3lijy.jpg

After 2nd hit
6gInrO7.jpg

After a stir
nSu2gRU.jpg

After 3rd hit and dumped
v79XTk1.jpg

I could have probably got a 4th hit but taste was pretty ordinary already by the 3rd, and I'm good now any way...
I did all this in under 5 minutes too so nice and quick.

Just one of the many ways I use my Mi. I still cant find a way (to load, tamp, material, grind, underwear colour) that it wont work with :science:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Woah sweet mama! :drool:

I can't get enough of these drop dead gorgeous looking vapes!

I'm a spalted Mi-nut! :D

@Copacetic & @b0 - you are lucky guys! Those patterns are insane! Each unique & beautiful in it's own right.

the-wrong-trousers.jpg

Has anyone ever picked up 'the wrong stem'? One with no screen installed? I did this the other day as I was walking down the street . . . I then attempted to discreetly vacuum load it from a pot of pre-grounds - needless to say, I was greeted with a fluffy mouthful on which I loudly choked, and when I smiled it looked like I'd been eating spinach . . .
tumblr_mvwrpigNjl1qkktc4o1_500.gif

Anyway, just thought I'd share that embarrasing little fail with y'all! :doh:

And now for Mi pix . . .
1hFSbyC.jpeg

Blending in with the art world :)
KBqlfP0.jpeg

Love portable convection!
:peace:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Woah sweet mama! :drool:

I can't get enough of these drop dead gorgeous looking vapes! ...

Has anyone ever picked up 'the wrong stem'? One with no screen installed? I did this the other day as I was walking down the street . . . I then attempted to discreetly vacuum load it from a pot of pre-grounds - needless to say, I was greeted with a fluffy mouthful on which I loudly choked, and when I smiled it looked like I'd been eating spinach . . .
tumblr_mvwrpigNjl1qkktc4o1_500.gif

Anyway, just thought I'd share that embarrasing little fail with y'all! :doh:

And now for Mi pix . . .
1hFSbyC.jpeg

Blending in with the art world :)
KBqlfP0.jpeg

Love portable convection!
:peace:

I've done this with my Mi and nano - fortunately always at home when I grab the wrong glass. I do like edibles, but not like this! Worst part is I end up with much more in my mouth then a regular load (hey.... stop that snickering!), and am bummed I just wasted that much. Kind of freaky to see ground green stuff in your toothbrush after, too!

sixstringsmash

Picked up a newly used Milaana from the classifieds the other day from our wonderful FC brother @nondarb. I have to say I am a big fan of the production of this thing, it can really pack a punch! Now I am having one issue though, although I can safely say there is a good 99.9% chance it is coming down to user error and I would just appreciate it if anyone can point out to me what I'm doing wrong here cause I feel like a dumby. It seems that whenever I load the screens into the Milaana stem I can't just get them to stay in place and they keep getting sucked up through the stem and into my mouth whenever I inhale too hard. Does anyone have any tips for getting the screen placed in the stem nice and snug so it won't fall out so easy?

sixstringsmash

@Vape Dr. thanks for the input! I'll post a picture of my screens, if you could take a look at them and confirm if they're RBT screens or not it would be greatly appreciated. The screen's themselves seem to be sturdy and well made, the problem seems to just be getting it to stay in the stem.

uS2wgxu.jpg

Sorry for the blurry quality of this one, turns out my phone camera doesn't do too well when zoomed in.
l5nHsYS.jpg

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@Vape Dr. been meaning to ask - where can I grab that little rubber piece you were using as a fire-button cover?
Believe you said it was an EVO piece? or something...

I think I'd prefer this to the guitar-pick mod on my butternut Mi to keep a minimal nature. I've been using it with nothing thus far but I'd like to avoid any potential accidents, regardless of how careful I am.

Vape Dr.

@sixstringsmash Unfortunately I cannot tell from that picture. Regardless I would definitely pick up some RBT screens. They are very useful not only for the Milaana but for many other applications.

@muunch You are correct. The button cap is a cap that was on the top 18mm joint of my EVO for protection during shipping. The bottom cap is smaller and does not fit.

If I can source them I will provide a link in the future for you.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Vape Dr. thanks for the input! I'll post a picture of my screens, if you could take a look at them and confirm if they're RBT screens or not it would be greatly appreciated. The screen's themselves seem to be sturdy and well made, the problem seems to just be getting it to stay in the stem.

uS2wgxu.jpg

Sorry for the blurry quality of this one, turns out my phone camera doesn't do too well when zoomed in.
l5nHsYS.jpg

Could be an RBT screen, but its quite worn and deformed, burnt black from torching clean I presume? I'd pick up a pack of fresh ones

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Could be an RBT screen, but its quite worn and deformed, burnt black from torching clean I presume? I'd pick up a pack of fresh ones

Agree.. you need some fresh screens. In the meantime, I'd give that one a good ISO soak. Rinse it well and dry, then try to form it back into the cylinder shape it used to be. You can usually tighten them up a bit by stretching the sides out a little bit. Much easier if you have a dowel or magic marker or something to stretch it over.

@Ratchett has them on his site, too.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Perhaps a tip to everyone , I use the steel brush that came with another vape to brush off my roasting tube screen . Works very well and no need to soak or burn them. Any steel or hard enough plastic brush would most probably work too.

@sixstringsmash . Not sure if your screen is too old to point of decomposition but maybe if you squish it or try to open up the walls it would fit tighter in your tube . Perhaps it was being used with a smaller tube therfor abit loose in tube you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom