• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Warranty Milaana just came back home! Oh my GOD how I missed her...

But now I'm seeing her intermittently not working! Batteries were fully charged and just read at 4.12 v ... has this ever happened to anyone else?

About 10 pages back someone asked about the copper getting hot. There was also a few issues similar to this one. After some testing it appears that the clear coat on the copper hath is preventing contact with the brass thumb screw. We are working on a permanent fix but for those in the field we recommend cleaning the copper and thumb screw contact area with steel wool or fine sand paper to ensure proper contact. There is a short video on the Tube. More to come....

GetLeft

@stinkytofus said:
Whats the min load u can use ? How many hits can u get ?

Whats the max load you can use ? How many hits can u get?

Hate to be the meanie but a little reading...

From my brief history with this pretty amazing instrument, I'm aware of two bowl size options: 18mm (standard) and 14mm (via DDave mod that includes the adapter/reducer).

18mm should be at least ½ full to get proper performance, but a full bowl will even work better. A full bowl is a couple of honest pinches. When I grind my herb, which I seldom do, I grind medium. Folks here seem to recommend a fine grind for optimal performance. But optimal is relative. A single productive hit from this thing is all I need and I can get that by carefully pulling a bud apart, then giving a stir before I go back to finish.

I prefer the 14mm which allows for the same killer performance as the 18mm just with a smaller load. An honest pinch is too much for the DDave 14mm. And gets me two nice hits.

Cheers

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Whats the min load u can use ? How many hits can u get ?

Whats the max load you can use ? How many hits can u get?

If your screen is basket style at the tip of the stem close to the heater, all you need is just enough to cover the screen, very tiny amount that is unmeasurable for me. And depending how you hit it, can be done in two hits (maybe one but I like to stir or flip it around for taste and most even extraction) or as many as 7 probably... Again max could be just filling that basket full like it is for me, probably no more than .15g but maybe more again can't weigh that small, and that also depends how you hit and stir (temps from trigger, length of hit, how you draw etc) but you can get like 8 to 25 hits probably like that... If you configure the screen another way you can make it even larger, I'm sure you can fit .3g if you want and maybe more, but that requires more stirring in my experience and taste can suffer with less even extraction potentially... With a manual pure convection on demand vape that uses glass stems like this the options are endless and vary based on the user so, just gotta see for yourself how you like to use it really... #versatile

b0

Cloudy...
With a manual pure convection on demand vape that uses glass stems like this the options are endless and vary based on the user so, just gotta see for yourself how you like to use it really... #versatile

And this is the truth and why I love this vape so much!!

You know the funny part about this? I only had my unit for a month and that's all it took to make me fall in love for her. Usually when I have a new vape I like to test it for the first week and compare it with my main vapes... This baby made me forget the EVO for 2 weeks!!! I use the EVO everyday no matter what and when my Milaana arrived that was the only vape I was using, the only other one was the Omnivap and that's because that vape for me is like paper for a smoker, always in my pocket!! I remember at some point thinking: "Hey, when was the last time that you used the EVO?" I was so surprised...

BUT and thats a big but, righ? :mental:

Never forget that this vape is unregulated and because of that can be dificult to tame, I will never recomend this unit to someone as his first vaporizer. So much raw power can be difficult to handle at the beggining, specially if you don't have experience with vapor and temps.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Here's a new vid by @RastaBuddhaTao - tech update on High Contact Resistance -
just in case someone would miss it:

Ryan, you should really consider creating the Mi-Log thread already. And if it was only for the sake of posting those nice videos there. I like the rockstar and the gibberish. Hilarious! :rofl::D

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
@vapen00b there is a thread in the desktop forum for Mi-log. Yeh, the gibberish vid was just to test audio and it seemed kinda funny. I plan to do more funny and informative videos this year

Thanks for posting the link to the videos

@RastaBuddhaTao the videos are an amazing idea. Social media does a lot this days and you (or someone hired) being active in Youtube, instagram and Reddit will take the attention of users for sure.

I'm sure 2017 is gonna be the RBT year!!

OyVape

It's been a rough few weeks. I fell down a flight of stairs and among other injuries, I broke one wrist and messed up the other hand. Have been trying to use the Mi but even that is hard to hold and push the button at the same time. On top of that, it fell down with the stem in it and the female glass broke. And I just got it back from repair about a month ago! Bummer, needless to say. This has been my favorite Vape and I really need to Vape now for pain. Cause pain meds are such a drag. I don't know what to do now. I want to get it repaired but it could take a while and I need to have a good portable Vape that doesn't take a lot of effort Or button pressure. Something very easy to use, with not a lot of moving or breakable parts. And not expensive. I was thinking to try The mist Vape touch but that also has glass. Nothing really compares to the Milaana. I am so bummed.

Suggestions, anyone?

natural farmer

It's been a rough few weeks. I fell down a flight of stairs and among other injuries, I broke one wrist and messed up the other hand. Have been trying to use the Mi but even that is hard to hold and push the button at the same time. On top of that, it fell down with the stem in it and the female glass broke. And I just got it back from repair about a month ago! Bummer, needless to say. This has been my favorite Vape and I really need to Vape now for pain. Cause pain meds are such a drag. I don't know what to do now. I want to get it repaired but it could take a while and I need to have a good portable Vape that doesn't take a lot of effort Or button pressure. Something very easy to use, with not a lot of moving or breakable parts. And not expensive. I was thinking to try The mist Vape touch but that also has glass. Nothing really compares to the Milaana. I am so bummed.

Suggestions, anyone?
Sorry for the accident buddy...

Have you thought going for a session vape until you feel better? A Boundless CF maybe which people generally like very much and it's economical as well?
The only convection portable vapes which need no button pressings are on the pricier side... MiniVap, Elevape, Firewood⁴, Crafty, Mighty. Or desktops...
Maybe a good folk over the Underdog thread could lend you or even sell you one of those special Mini-dogs?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
My OG arrived today :) it's nice I've been testing various things and it's been working well. The air path is indeed wide open and it's taking a little getting used too but I'm getting hang of it. It's a bit harsh dry but I was purposefully trying to cash a stem in a hit or two. With the wide airpath and heat, was kinda tough on shorty (I did manage to get it pretty roasted in like 5 hits) a slower ramp up was nice with it and not too harsh, still kinda harsh. Gonna use long stems later I did use it once and it was cooler for sure.

I may try to get a stem right in between sizes. The long is long for sure and the short is short but a happy medium may be right up my alley :)

Anyways I am quite high and it's working nicely, did some nice terpy hits too which was quite easy

And it works great through water! Better even maybe I'm not sure yet...

Across the board it roasts really evenly no stirring needed or stem twists or anything. That is really really nice. Also it's form factor is really nice and feels great in hand, especially once warm from some use.

Gonna go back to testing a bit more and then pass out! Cheers!

Prolusio

I highly recommend @DDave's mods specifically the 18mm VaporCooler for anyone looking for a delicious solution to harsh vapor. I was having some initial issues with harshness due to my asthma when I first got my Milaana. If I wasn't careful I was taking much bigger hits than I needed before I realized it because Milaana is so powerful and I'm inexperienced with her.. So I started using it through water, which helped, but I just didn't enjoy it as much. I missed the flavour I was getting from the straight stems and the direct "dance" of coaxing clouds out of my Milaana. DDave's 18 mm VaporCooler has been the perfect addition to my Milaana and solved all my problems.

Not only does it cool the vapour, it also acts as a filter blocking any little particles from getting through your screen! Didn't realize how much that was until I saw how much was building up in the cooler.. It's a more restrictive airpath as well, so I find it a lot easier to get the kind of hits I want without straining my lungs to keep up the airflow over multiple sessions.

DDave also hooked me up with 2 smaller tapered stems because I clumsily broke 2 in my first days of ownership. One is 14mm for microdosing with a 18mm-14mm reducer bushing so it can be used in the Milaana, and one 18mm tapered short stem. I love this 18 mm short stem, so much. It uses those nice preformed dome screens so cleaning is a breeze, and it rotates very freely in my heat chamber so I can remove it easily or get even extraction mid draw if I feel it's necessary.. and its tapered so I can get a nice smooth draw from it with good suction; it's just perfect, exactly what I needed. Will definitely be a return customer for my future stem needs! :clap:

Also, I lightly sanded off the clear coat on the contact points of my copper plate as recommended in that video above @vapen00b linked; :rockon::nod: I feel my Batteries have so far been effective for much longer. I feel they were needing to work harder to overcome the extra resistance before which resulted in them feeling dead well before they were discharged. I was running to my charger with 3.9 V over and over. I started thinking I must just have some poor herb this week as the reason for my poor extraction. Nope, it was definitely a symptom of the contact resistance. Thanks for the tip guys!

little maggie

I highly recommend @DDave's mods specifically the 18mm VaporCooler for anyone looking for a delicious solution to harsh vapor. I was having some initial issues with harshness due to my asthma when I first got my Milaana. If I wasn't careful I was taking much bigger hits than I needed before I realized it because Milaana is so powerful and I'm inexperienced with her.. So I started using it through water, which helped, but I just didn't enjoy it as much. I missed the flavour I was getting from the straight stems and the direct "dance" of coaxing clouds out of my Milaana. DDave's 18 mm VaporCooler has been the perfect addition to my Milaana and solved all my problems.

Not only does it cool the vapour, it also acts as a filter blocking any little particles from getting through your screen! Didn't realize how much that was until I saw how much was building up in the cooler.. It's a more restrictive airpath as well, so I find it a lot easier to get the kind of hits I want without straining my lungs to keep up the airflow over multiple sessions.

DDave also hooked me up with 2 smaller tapered stems because I clumsily broke 2 in my first days of ownership. One is 14mm for microdosing with a 18mm-14mm reducer bushing so it can be used in the Milaana, and one 18mm tapered short stem. I love this 18 mm short stem, so much. It uses those nice preformed dome screens so cleaning is a breeze, and it rotates very freely in my heat chamber so I can remove it easily or get even extraction mid draw if I feel it's necessary.. and its tapered so I can get a nice smooth draw from it with good suction; it's just perfect, exactly what I needed. Will definitely be a return customer for my future stem needs! :clap:

Also, I lightly sanded off the clear coat on the contact points of my copper plate as recommended in that video above @vapen00b linked; :rockon::nod: I feel my Batteries have so far been effective for much longer. I feel they were needing to work harder to overcome the extra resistance before which resulted in them feeling dead well before they were discharged. I was running to my charger with 3.9 V over and over. I started thinking I must just have some poor herb this week as the reason for my poor extraction. Nope, it was definitely a symptom of the contact resistance. Thanks for the tip guys!
I totally agree. The only stems I use right now are the tapered ones I got from Ddave with the screen that fits it. I microdose even with the larger one. I'm off to buy the cooler from him.

GetLeft

Also, I lightly sanded off the clear coat on the contact points of my copper plate as recommended in that video above @vapen00b linked; I feel my Batteries have so far been effective for much longer. I feel they were needing to work harder to overcome the extra resistance before which resulted in them feeling dead well before they were discharged. I was running to my charger with 3.9 V over and over. I started thinking I must just have some poor herb this week as the reason for my poor extraction. Nope, it was definitely a symptom of the contact resistance. Thanks for the tip guys!

Ditto. Thanks for that video @vapen00b ! Watched it and did some sanding. Only a session in at this point so no meaningful feedback yet, but I was finding some discrepancy between some reports here and what I was experiencing. I get nice performance with freshly charged bats, and run them until it seems that the batteries are low. But when in the charger, they haven't been showing themselves to be so depleted. I had one at 3.9 that I thought was close to spent. So I'm hoping the scrub has a positive affect. But idk maybe the video just made me think about things when i was just fine not thinking ...

little maggie

Where did the wood stems come from? Or who?

1SJq8h.jpg

Updated my Pelican 1120.

I think this is pretty good - milaana, 3 batteries (1 in the unit w delta3d mod), 3 wood stems, grinder filled with nugs before leaving, jar with cork and metal poker for abv (or nugs. whatever really.) and there is the @DDave direct connect cooling wand in there under the jar+cork.

Too bad using it would require leaving the house. It's not the high fashion of a fanny pack, but it works well for tossing in my car/backpack and not caring. I wouldn't be walking around carrying this like a briefcase, but that's just me.

AJS

Calm Consistency
My OG arrived today :) it's nice I've been testing various things and it's been working well. The air path is indeed wide open and it's taking a little getting used too but I'm getting hang of it. It's a bit harsh dry but I was purposefully trying to cash a stem in a hit or two. With the wide airpath and heat, was kinda tough on shorty (I did manage to get it pretty roasted in like 5 hits) a slower ramp up was nice with it and not too harsh, still kinda harsh. Gonna use long stems later I did use it once and it was cooler for sure.

I may try to get a stem right in between sizes. The long is long for sure and the short is short but a happy medium may be right up my alley :)

Anyways I am quite high and it's working nicely, did some nice terpy hits too which was quite easy

And it works great through water! Better even maybe I'm not sure yet...

Across the board it roasts really evenly no stirring needed or stem twists or anything. That is really really nice. Also it's form factor is really nice and feels great in hand, especially once warm from some use.

Gonna go back to testing a bit more and then pass out! Cheers!
Hell yeah man glad its workin for you! Definitely check out @DDave I haven't been using his cooling wand much because I've just been relaxing with the smaller stems, but his tapered small mouthpiece shorties help a fuckton with harshness. I can barely use the standard 18s with the wide open mouthpieces because the hot air hits my throat wrong. Pretty sure his stems are a bit smaller than the 18mm stock stems, but are significantly cooler. The small mouthpiece really helps infinitely if you're sensitive to heat. It's all I use, I go back to the 18mm when I want to feel classy with the matching cobalt on spalted because it looks awesome, but any of his stems will most likely feel cooler than the wide 18mm stock stems.

killick

But I like it!
The DDAve reducer is dandy! Nice and cool. Deceptively cool as I've managed to hit El Combusto much easier, just not knowing when to stop... When in doubt stick with time on button. Just because you can hold it longer doesn't mean that you should hold it longer... A buddy once said almost exactly that same thing as we were doing donuts in a parking lot in an old beater dodge 318, speaking about the drivers throttle skills...

Bandoo

Has anybody replaced a broken female connector themselves?
Looks pretty straight forward. Pull out broken pieces, remove glued pieces, scrape remaining glue, put back food safe glue material slide new female in and done. :)
Did I miss anything?
I can cut glass no problem.
Thanks

Bandoo,
Reactions: DDave

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@natural farmer to get it shipped back out to you Monday. Using USPS priority international so we can track it to your doorstep this time. @Bandoo removal of broken heater glass deforms the heater. In order to replace the glass the heater needs to be removed and replaced with the glass. This requires that the unit be re-wired which requires silver plated wire which is expensive. The heater glass is custom in that it is ID is ground and the heater glass screen set is forced in using an arbor press.

@Bravesst spend considerable time and money attempting to replace his and ended up sending it in for repair.

Bandoo

@natural farmer to get it shipped back out to you Monday. Using USPS priority international so we can track it to your doorstep this time. @Bandoo removal of broken heater glass deforms the heater. In order to replace the glass the heater needs to be removed and replaced with the glass. This requires that the unit be re-wired which requires silver plated wire which is expensive. The heater glass is custom in that it is ID is ground and the heater glass screen set is forced in using an arbor press.

@Bravesst spend considerable time and money attempting to replace his and ended up sending it in for repair.

Well I guess you are going to have to send me that back up cherry with amber glass soon, if it's ready.. :)
Should I email you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom