Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I bought a back up Milaana recently and the best deal I found was from 420 EDC. He's a member on here. I got a battery charger and the battery with his price. Plus shipping was only 4.20.

Got wood stems a couple of days ago. Thanks again Alan. Found the screens from RBT fit perfect.
Good stuff, but LETS SEE THOSE STEMS! :o

I just ordered a couple of wood stems from Alan myself too.
Only half my vacation left to endure before I can get home to enjoy them! :rofl:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I just ordered a couple of wood stems from Alan myself too.
Only half my vacation left to endure before I can get home to enjoy them! :rofl:

Haha I was just going to say that! Until I can afford my own wood stems seeing everyone else's is the next best thing... Where is that group shot @Bravesst?! I also can't wait til I can get some 420EDC stems from @cannabis.pro

Also lol "endure" the back half of your vacation, you lucky ungrateful bastard :p#milaanaddictproblems

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Really great to see most everyone is having fun with the Mi! Other than some glass issues the warranty return rate has been minimal. The beta test fleet is really running well so thanks to all of you FC early adopters for working with me as we uncovered and resolved a couple manufacturing flaws.

I have had a few returns for "cold heater" which turned out to be well within the specification (not cold). I reviewed the record log and only 10 units in the first 80 released had currents under 10 Amps, our current minimum specification. If you feel that you are one of the ten and want to send your Mi back in for a warranty repair please note that if it is not found to have a current less than 10 Amps you will be asked to pay for return shipping if outside the US.

Please remember that the heater receives unregulated power directly from the battery. As your battery chemistry breaks down you heater may seem to "cool off". If the battery is pushed to low voltages in a long session you will get things like the battery door and mouthpiece glass heating up... eventually everything gets heat soaked and 10 Amps of power generates heat in all conductors in the circuit. The lower the voltage and the weaker the battery, the more heat will be converted into waste heat.

I will be working to update the warranty page to provide more troubleshooting detail but for now I thought I should drop a note here. Thanks to everyone that has helped to develop the methods and safety related concerns in the previous pages as I have been converting the feedback over the past month into the new manual. Will upload to the www once the retailers have made there last suggestions.

Sorry for the lack of communication as of late I have had some business and personal issues that have had me scrambling in the past few months but good things are coming very soon so stay tuned.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've had nice luck with coffee stain, be careful of acid and bottom plate glue, wound up doing a steam punkish screw on repair. As far as sealer, ive used both beeswax and Walnut oil. Both great. Never sanded to more than 320 grit, like to try higher, but I never went over 320 finishing furniture.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I bought a back up Milaana recently and the best deal I found was from 420 EDC. He's a member on here. I got a battery charger and the battery with his price. Plus shipping was only 4.20.

Got wood stems a couple of days ago. Thanks again Alan. Found the screens from RBT fit perfect.
Thank you for the support! Glad everything made it AOK!

BadDog No

I hope a lynch mob doesn't come after me when you realize just how smooth the wood becomes on your Milaana using ultrafine finishing paper...For normal people, anything over 600 grit is probably overkill, but I just love the feel of highly polished wood so I go the extra steps.

CaptVapor

Folks who are using m2m water tools with Milaana... what are ya'll using for screens?

I'm just using cheap China glass m2m converters and a D020-d. Bought some circular screens but they don't press well into baskets, saw some talk about ELBs but that they might scratch the heater screen. Thanks in advance!

6079Smith

Haha I was just going to say that! Until I can afford my own wood stems seeing everyone else's is the next best thing...

Maybe I can help satiate your wood stem viewing desires a little, sounds like a good time to share these beauts!

Maple burl and Yew 18 m2m WonG's w/ 14 GonG mp
1AWqx1Y.jpg

This is my first order from Alan for anything and I am super impressed, to say the least, with both his craftsmanship and communication. I actually felt a bit bad about taking his time for a relatively small order when I saw how detailed and thoughtful his emails were.

I did have a fitment issue with the 18 m2m while using with Milaana. The screw post on Milaana prevents seating completely on my glass. I had specified only my desired usage with Milaana, next time I'll request something on the longer side. I use 14 mostly, fortunately

PGEHrmV.jpg

The taper of the adapter fit's like a dream and you are able to really dial in both screen placement within the glass tube and the tube within the adapter, meaning the glass can rest right on the screen or be as far away as wanted. I'm diggin' the double screen pack methodology as outlined by Alan here before, you can microdose or have an ELB size roast just as easily. Stirring is not necessary, caps not needed for travel, and my glass has stayed cleaner.

I'm enjoying through both water and direct draw. There is not as much airflow through the smaller tube but this has not been a negative for me, it's something I'm familiar with using Dave's kit and it helps me regulate draw to a degree. I've had really good performance and they even seem a bit more forgiving in regards to scorching, if I were to guess it would be due to the narrower but deeper pack making more use of the heat at lower temps. The bottom screen gets extremely hot and I'm sure it's contributing, this is also nice because it keeps the screen free of oils as you rotate screen placement. The two things I was wary of were the two screen method and a potentially smaller load size, both turned out to be complete non-issues and well liked features.

Not to mention the superb quality of the work.. they're just perfect with not a flaw on them- a welcome addition to my tool kit and they compliment my Milaana usage nicely.

Thank you, Alan!

Bonus pic, I ordered with dual usage in mind
2mEzVce.jpg

ZC

I got my new @Alan GonG and it is as lovely as expected. Beautiful work as always. My super short all-wood Alan stem is still my go-to daily stem, I use it every day and rarely use other stems at this point, but this stem is going to be my go-to for water. Plus I can use it with my logs!

I also got my cannabis.pro stems. They're very well made but I'm not sure I like actually using them all that much. The holes in the glass screens are big enough that even unground buds have particles hitting my tongue, and just the nature of the screen being so far away from the heater means I have to heat for longer. Plus I don't like how the tophat rattles around in the stem, it's too loose. More time is needed as I only used them for a few hits but unfortunately I don't think they're the stems for me.

@6079Smith
Those are gorgeous!

@RastaBuddhaTao
Thanks for the update and the clarification on "cold" units. It may be that those of us who think are units are cold are getting warped expectations from people who's units are actually running hot?

@CaptVapor I have cheap ebay m2m that I lucked out on in fit, but for screens I use @DDave's rimmed basket screens. One of my favorite ways to vape through water is actually with a 14mm-14mm m2m, DDave's small rimmed screen, and DDave's 18-14mm reducer. Huge hits off of small loads.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Maybe I can help satiate your wood stem viewing desires a little, sounds like a good time to share these beauts!

Maple burl and Yew 18 m2m WonG's w/ 14 GonG mp
1AWqx1Y.jpg

This is my first order from Alan for anything and I am super impressed, to say the least, with both his craftsmanship and communication. I actually felt a bit bad about taking his time for a relatively small order when I saw how detailed and thoughtful his emails were.

I did have a fitment issue with the 18 m2m while using with Milaana. The screw post on Milaana prevents seating completely on my glass. I had specified only my desired usage with Milaana, next time I'll request something on the longer side. I use 14 mostly, fortunately

PGEHrmV.jpg

The taper of the adapter fit's like a dream and you are able to really dial in both screen placement within the glass tube and the tube within the adapter, meaning the glass can rest right on the screen or be as far away as wanted. I'm diggin' the double screen pack methodology as outlined by Alan here before, you can microdose or have an ELB size roast just as easily. Stirring is not necessary, caps not needed for travel, and my glass has stayed cleaner.

I'm enjoying through both water and direct draw. There is not as much airflow through the smaller tube but this has not been a negative for me, it's something I'm familiar with using Dave's kit and it helps me regulate draw to a degree. I've had really good performance and they even seem a bit more forgiving in regards to scorching, if I were to guess it would be due to the narrower but deeper pack making more use of the heat at lower temps. The bottom screen gets extremely hot and I'm sure it's contributing, this is also nice because it keeps the screen free of oils as you rotate screen placement. The two things I was wary of were the two screen method and a potentially smaller load size, both turned out to be complete non-issues and well liked features.

Not to mention the superb quality of the work.. they're just perfect with not a flaw on them- a welcome addition to my tool kit and they compliment my Milaana usage nicely.

Thank you, Alan!

Bonus pic, I ordered with dual usage in mind
2mEzVce.jpg
Beeeeeoooootiful man :luv:
Thanks for the pic's.
That log is friggin' gorgeous too!
Not to mention the glass, Joda right?

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I also got my cannabis.pro stems. They're very well made but I'm not sure I like actually using them all that much. The holes in the glass screens are big enough that even unground buds have particles hitting my tongue, and just the nature of the screen being so far away from the heater means I have to heat for longer. Plus I don't like how the tophat rattles around in the stem, it's too loose. More time is needed as I only used them for a few hits but unfortunately I don't think they're the stems for me.
Sorry you are having some initial difficulty. Don't let that hold you back from more experimentation. Hope you appreciate the TopHat once you have more time to play with it. In the Vaper Accessories thread regarding the glass, I did put a brief write-up on a hard draw being needed initially to pull the TopHat into the internal screen or "Slim" taper. Another alternative here is to tip the unit back like you are drinking from a bottle while drawing, it should hold the TopHat in place as you draw.

The TopHats are fairly universal in size but the issue with needing them to be loose is the variation and tolerance of the glass joints. Once you have a proper draw in which you hear a click locking the TopHat in place, heat is being directed to and pulled through the TopHat and not so much the exterior wall of joint. Once you release the draw, the TopHat will fall out of lock.

Be sure you are inserting the screen end into the joint first or things get can get messy.

If you are having some issues with particulates, try drawing them out through the glass screen by taking a draw on the TopHat with the screen as the mouthpiece to get particulates out prior to starting your session. Another option here would be some hemp wick in the stem.

b0

Cloudy...
for screens I use @DDave's rimmed basket screens. One of my favorite ways to vape through water is actually with a 14mm-14mm m2m, DDave's small rimmed screen, and DDave's 18-14mm reducer. Huge hits off of small loads.

Can you upload a picture of that set up? Just curious about where the screen sits and how it works, I love vaping through water an gonna start proper testing this weekend with a PVFS m2m from planetvape.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@cannabis.pro the way you described the set up sounded cool as shit...

Are these being sold on your website without a milaana purchase?
Glass is being sold by itself. We are out of stock on a few pieces but once we get feedback we'll produce more. Check out 420EDC under Glassware @WakeAndVape

For the record, we have a handful of units (literally) with Lifetime Warranty in-stock. Once these are gone, warranty on future units we sell will be 3 years. I've had several folks asking me about this via PM and wanted to clarify it for everyone.

6079Smith

@6079Smith That is some outstanding wood & glass lined stems you got!! The maple burl is too perfect for the milaana, very nice pick choices, thanks for sharing!!

@6079Smith
Those are gorgeous!

Beeeeeoooootiful man :luv:
Thanks for the pic's.
That log is friggin' gorgeous too!
Not to mention the glass, Joda right?

Thanks, guys, happy to share! They're such a joy to use with Millie, not to mention admire. All credit to Alan, of course.. I'm just a more than willing consumer :)

@Copacetic, Good eye on the Joda, he had a small Labor Day sale recently that I could not resist. Been a great month for vape mail 'round here!

Tommy10

Still loving it, screen flat side uo about 15mm back. VG drops for long chilled sessions normal for the standard potent top up. Haven't used it in water nearly as much as I thought, Mi turned up while bong was on loan, got bong back and broke attachment :( got a few ways of getting it in water but they are a bit of a pain, might have to order a new 14-18 m/m soon.
Still wish it was 14mm my two biggest problems are the large bowl and wide open draw, dome screen and screen in the air intake help mitigate both for me but not as much as I'd like. The heat up time is just ridiculoussssss!

Tommy10,
Reactions: ZC

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
A little #Frankenvape this morning...keeping it sticky!

21a9uzd.jpg

Glass is being sold by itself. We are out of stock on a few pieces but once we get feedback we'll produce more. Check out 420EDC under Glassware @WakeAndVape

For the record, we have a handful of units (literally) with Lifetime Warranty in-stock. Once these are gone, warranty on future units we sell will be 3 years. I've had several folks asking me about this via PM and wanted to clarify it for everyone.
I see you guys are out of the shorter screened stems any eta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom