the Pulse

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I've been working on this off and on for over a year. I have a pulse width modulator (pwm) circuit designed and tested which controls the heat level.
brdTop.jpg

brdBot.jpg

It also has MOSFETs configured to control polarity and switch the coil on and off (pic directly above). The other side has a timing chip which pulses based on the rheostat setting you pick.
abv.jpg

I have a prototype working and I'm getting good results.
Stay tuned

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
23-FF3665-856-D-4-A12-81-D8-BC296250-BE8-D.jpg

Those are two different boards. The one on the right is the latest.
09453484-FF9-E-4594-9-DC2-2299431-ABA1-E.jpg

This is the general idea for the vape body.
This is coming along and i hope to have this one assembled in the next day or two.
I've been paying attention to making this as easy to construct as possible while maintaining very sturdy construction

Sativapo

Oops. I think I found my next one. I hope the simplicity of the design can put it at a good price point. How does it behave compared to classic tc and wattage mode ? somewhere in-between ? Do you plan to do it compatible with your o-ring stems ?

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Daprezz too early to tell about the price. One point is the coil mounting system which is super easy so that saves some. All the parts have been designed to be easy to make. I have resisted any labor intensive tweaks, but it is early. Hoping to end up under $200 but no promises. I still have to get quotes from the circuit board people
I expect this will be like a mod in wattage mode.
I think i will have the latest and greatest prototype ready this week. Hope to have some details to post soon

Last edited:

Sativapo

@Daprezz too early to tell about the price. One point is the coil mounting system which is super easy so that saves some. All the parts have been designed to be easy to make. I have resisted any labor intensive tweaks, but it is early. Hoping to end up under $200 but no promises. I still have to get quotes from the circuit board people
I expect this will be like a mod in wattage mode.
I think i will have the latest and greatest prototype ready this week. Hope to have some details to post soon
That's what I imagined like a good price. Wouldn't it be like you're in wattage mode and it does the " pulse method" for you ? That's what I imagined with your description of a rheostat combined with a pulsating timer. Any hints on the stem system ?

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Daprezz stems are the same as the current Imp. 14 mm od glass with an O ring seal. All of the Imp/Impcognito stems, screens, dosing caps, wpa will work. Wood dosing stems might work but i have to see what the final dimensions are before i can say on that.
Pulse width modulation is standard stuff for dc motor control. Pwm turns the power switch on for a % of the time. So say you set it for 50% and you have a 4 volt power source, the load (coil or motor) only gets 2 volts effectively. In reality the load gets 100% of the volts and amps but only half of the time. It is like you pumping the button on a Touch or Milaana, on 1 second/off 1 second.

Waiting on slider potentiometer and some other electronics but i expect to finish the next proto this week, i hope

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Two buttons and a slide ? If it's not up and down buttons what is the second for ?

Boost to max temp ;)

Nice job @mistvaporizer !

It is possible that two buttons could be a little confusing, since the sliding is so simple, would it really be too much trouble to just put it all the way at the max when you wanted to boost?

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Just a quick update. The circuit is evolving. The second proto looked good but the circuit board developed issues. Building a new board now. Trying to incorporate a bit of circuitry that will give a red light warning when the battery is low.
Hope to have the new board ready within a week

Top Bottom