The "Project" DIY Herbal Vaporizer

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Everytime I go back on this thread @Pipes comes out with a new version! Is the SF the all-glass version of the Project?

My Original Project from the first batch still works perfectly....using a "deflector"screen on the top of my load, not the more convenient but it avoid hot spots and too much stirring. I'm still using the original Evic software and the settings mentionned in my last post here (except I increased the wattage for faster heating up). I will stick with my O'Project for now but will keep an eye on this thread!
edit: without to mention I'm still using the original coil, I only replaced the teflon washer cause I overheat one time.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Used a lot my Project this days and, some minutes ago, I got the "atomizer short" message, since I didn't see any short I simply remove and screw back the atty (it happens regularly) but this time the resistance is now 0.61 (previously 0.71) and I need to bump the temp of 200°F (at 570°F now) to get the same vapor production than before... is it normal?

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Could be. Well, not normal but a quirk?
First, try the same thing with the SS tube removed and ohms lock turned off. Make sure all is clean and tight, remove and re-install the batteries. Do a chant and dance around. Now say yes to new atomizer, cross fingers and report back....

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Instructions done!

After dance the gig and some vapor god rituals the Evic tell me a 0.65 resistance and to find my sweet spot I set the temp at 450
in fact everything seems pretty logic:
0,71ohm=360-370°F
0.65 ohm= 450-460°F
0.61ohm= 560-570°F

Can I assume if the resistance is high the t° might to be low and vice versa? Is it correct?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Sounds about right to me. Without trying to "fool" the readout, a correct read will put you around the 500F mark for sweet spot.
Don't forget to lock it to avoid surprise hits.
Even when locked it causes a different artifact.
What happens is it will not change the locked in ohms unless it reads a 10% difference then should ask if the atomizer in new. If you say yes to a bad ohm read it will take it and won't ask again unless the real is again 10% difference.
Best practice is lock it and always say no if asked if new.
;)

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Finally, no more back orders. All caught up with a couple extras to boot.
If I have missed anyone expecting a PM, please let me know.
Both Erasers and SFs are currently available.
:nod:

ander

I've been in a THC shortage lately and vaped mostly legal cannabis flowers (believe me, not that bad..!) but this time, sadly, of very low quality. King Eraser is fussy, and pretends the best. Vaponic and VapCap do the job well with pretty any kind of herb for my experience, and I really loved the Vaponic + the "510 Heater Build" in these hard days. But back to The Project, I've read of people still dealing with hot spots and I can understand... this thing can be wild indeed! Today the wind changed and my herbs went better. I've now picked up the (cork)Eraser again, loaded a .09... and... a n d... e h m... s h i t

:argh:ERASER!

ander

...I think a "small" addendum is required since I've literally lost the word yesterday :whoa:..!
Like a wild horse, with patience and the right approach I've reached cloudy pleasure and a costant gallop. Not constant sessions maybe, but that depends only on me, my lungs, my breath, how fast I draw, when I start to draw... but I've no more hot spots since my coil reached stability. I've an advantage maybe, since the cork sleeve allows me to check the browning every time I want and with ease. My settings are the same since 2 months: 555ohms read and locked. 40watt. TCR 205. PID 550-100-0. I don't play with temp, 210°C is my sweet point. I've bothered myself so much with coil design in the past... and now I think it's pretty useless. As said some days ago, I've also stopped to check the coil tightness when I have "atomizer short" message... touching the coil is not always the right thing to do... in fact, can be the worst sometimes since you'll have to start again from zero after that. Someone said that the spiral must be correctly and uniformly spaced... but it does not influence the read or the heat at all by my experience. My humble opinion is that you don't need to drill the SS sleeve... there's no need to change the coil design, or even the material... it's only a matter of setting calibration and draw technique.
I can witch from the "Eraser" and the "Vaponic 501 Heater Build" with ease and no read anomalies. I'm collecting a golden, strong and tasty AVB from both projects. I'm very very happy! :wave:

ander

@E0x something in your words tells me that Reuleaux is one of the winners... about 20 extra coins, but well spent then.

I've spotted this nearly invisible logo lately...
wismec.jpg

and these refinements speak of quality to me :cool:

danald2000

Hey projectors. Was looking at creating my own mod with a dna chip, and was looking into the 30w chip. Would 30w be sufficient to power the project? would it be noticeable worse/different from say a higher wattage capable mod?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Just watching the vape critic's latest video about the plenty, and I think thats really an apt comparison here, not that comparisons need to be made, but that one makes the most sense to me. The Eraser appears very much like a mini Plenty, but obviously with a fuck load more discretion! :)

EmDeemo,

E0x

@emmdeemo same happen to me and i get bad taste because that weed dust burn , i change the screen for one with more little openings ( mesh size ? )

E0x,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
@emmdeemo, I think your pictures show a well set up mod. The fact that there is no charred pieces indicate this as well as you must run at lower vaping temps. First cleaning in a long time? Does look like the floor under my lathe. :lol:
That coil, OTOH, has seen some serious rebuilds. :haw: Funny how the ugly ones seem to work the best.
:science:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@emmdeemo, I think your pictures show a well set up mod. The fact that there is no charred pieces indicate this as well as you must run at lower vaping temps. First cleaning in a long time? Does look like the floor under my lathe. :lol:
That coil, OTOH, has seen some serious rebuilds. :haw: Funny how the ugly ones seem to work the best.
:science:

Actually, didnt even bother cleaning it in the end :) Never got round to it after getting distracted taking and posting the photos. The flash makes the sawdust look MUCH worse than it is.

The thing is, my ABV is always very dark, I dont feel like I'm vaping at low temps at all! I think I'm just master of my domain ;)

The coil has been that bent and wiggly for quite a while, works like a dream :D

E0x

hey @phattpiggie i hope you plan doing some wood outter shell ( tight fit ) for the project, if you do it i can't get one in the near future because not money but maybe somebody else is interesting , i always think that a nice good looking outter shell can help in the project look and presentation so maybe somebody else will interested in it .

natural farmer

Had this drop thru the door the other day many thanks @Pipes, had an Airmail sticker on as well.
TcjPL7K.jpg

While I have had it all stripped down to explore a wooden sleeve I thought about @natural farmer and his full convection VC set up. RX2/3 should arrive soon'ish so I can power it up.
p1pLLMd.jpg

WOLU8P6.jpg

JgXqiC7.jpg

:clap:

hey @phattpiggie i hope you plan doing some wood outter shell ( tight fit ) for the project, if you do it i can't get one in the near future because not money but maybe somebody else is interesting , i always think that a nice good looking outter shell can help in the project look and presentation so maybe somebody else will interested in it .

Oh there are definitely more people interested in a wooden sleeve! :nod::nod::nod::D

Top Bottom