The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

Tweek

This looks like a really, really nice device...great job! :tup: I have to say...there was another vape I was considering trying out one day, but then they did something really dumb in this thread that just put a bad taste in my mouth. So that, along with the awesome results I am seeing in these vids, has definitely swayed me to try this out one day!

Thanks for the videos folks...they help alot!

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Bitch don't kill my vibe, bitch don't kill my vibe...... I'm currently on the meek mill "dreams and nightmares" and the latest BOB mixtape that I can't remember the name of. Throw in some Jim Morrison and give me a pinnacle and don't kill my vibe :)

Great video UUAA. I have to be honest you are better at using the pinnacle than me, even I was impressed by those clouds. Yeah, the pinnacle is about to blow up, it's really that good. I have to pinch myself sometimes to remind me that this all spawned from the Vaporblunt. What a crazy ride. Anyways, great video.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah, uuaa is doing better than I am as well...gotta brush up on my skills!

The WT is the shit! I tried it with the Solo last night and was able to hit it much longer than normal with no discomfort whatsoever. I can't comment on the clouds as I was outside and could see my breath already, but I was missing the unrestricted draw of the Pinnacle.

uuaa...I find myself going right to the high setting and skipping over the low one. What are you doing?

mephisto

And to think I was holding my breath for the next version of the Cloud, looks like this is a cordless
version with a better price point. The videos really are great, thanks to all who donated their time...

mephisto,

b0

Cloudy...
The basic version will come with the PonG adapter? Thx for the video UUAA, really nice clouds there!

b0,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
The basic version will come with the PonG adapter? Thx for the video UUAA, really nice clouds there!

No, we just gave him one because he came to our booth. It comes with the dlx model or with the purchase of the WT. it will also be sold seperatly.

TherealVaporblunt,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
Someone said he was puting .2g, don't remember if he was Stick or UUAA

b0,
Also, I'd be interested to know the charging interface for this vape. I've not seen it anywhere yet.

Here ya go, CZ.

pinnaclecharging.jpg

pinnaclechargingport.jpg

pinnacleportandplug.jpg

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments! I hope the video helps you make an informed decision that you can feel confident about. :tup:

After living and breathing the Pinnacle for a week, I'd like to share some follow-up thoughts and observations.

uuaa...great vid...looks like you've found the sweet spot! Those are some great clouds. I got to where I was reclining in bed and hitting it one handed including the clear. It's so small that I can hold both pieces in one hand, hit it, and then twist the WT off with my thumb and forefinger until it lifts off just enough to clear. The twisting should be fine since it is glass on plastic.
Yeah, I think I've got the Pinnacle running on all cylinders. I retract my earlier assessment- cloud chasers might want to check this out. Sticks, your method of letting it sit for a couple of minutes after it reaches temp (light stops blinking) really helps. I think that, like other convection vapes, if the load is already warmed up then the hot air being pulled through the herb doesn't have to "work" so hard to vaporize; a quick, short initial draw accomplishes this. Some degree of conduction is also probably taking place, but I'm by no means an expert on the technicalities, so please correct me if I'm off.

Cool technique with the WT, sticks. It makes it very easy to chain hit the Pinnacle. If, in your combustion days, you enjoyed taking a j straight to the dome, you know what I mean. :o Since the heating element is directly below the PonG, you just need to be careful to hold it a little below the vent holes where the body is still cool.

In terms of the load itself, I've had the best results with one that's not too loose or too tight; it's lightly tamped down, which for me comes out to 0.15 g. I drop some ground weed into the bullet until it's half full of loose herb; tamp down to around 1/4 of the bullet; repeat until the base of the flare is reached. The grind is medium and my herb isn't bone dry (damn this dank Cali weed :argh:). Awesome results.

The draw I've been using is light to medium- not as tight as the solo, but like sticks said- the airflow is wide open. It comes down to recognizing the right temp of the vapor that I'm inhaling; it's a feel sort of thing, I wish I could explain it better. The mp helps; if it gets too hot, then it's time to ease up. Practice, practice, practice. :science:

Imo the learning curve isn't as steep as the T1 or fv; I don't see it accidentally combusting. When my friends used it for the first time they were able to produce vapor and get medicated after a couple of tries, often on the first try. Maximizing cloud production is where some patience is needed.

yeah, uuaa is doing better than I am as well...gotta brush up on my skills!

The WT is the shit! I tried it with the Solo last night and was able to hit it much longer than normal with no discomfort whatsoever. I can't comment on the clouds as I was outside and could see my breath already, but I was missing the unrestricted draw of the Pinnacle.

uuaa...I find myself going right to the high setting and skipping over the low one. What are you doing?

Whenever I use the WT and most of the time when I use the mp, I go straight to high. However, for my morning dosage I like to use low on my drive to work. By the time I get there (10 min drive), my head's in the perfect zone and I go into the office feeling great and focused.

During lunch I'll hit it a couple of times at high, and then a few more on the drive home. When I get home I reload. On my other portables, I wouldn't be able go an entire day on .15 g without reloading. Fantastic efficiency and the taste is great throughout. Although the flavor deteriorates, it doesn't happen to the degree of other vapes. My abv comes out a nice, evenly toasted brown. ymmv.

Like trvb and sticks, I have yet to accidentally engage the button, but it's a valid concern. The button is pretty much flush with the body, so the chances are reduced. Maybe a 3-5 button sequence to auto-shut off, like a lot of e-cig devices?

Edit: Actually, sticks did accidentally hit it and change temp, so it's a very valid concern.

I wish there was some sort of battery life indicator. I try to keep track of the # of sessions I've gone through after a fresh charge, but sometime a lose track. :hmm: On average, I can go 5 sessions before it completely dies, so I try to recharge after 3 sessions at most to be safe.

Edit: When I say session, I mean bullet.

Another thing that would be cool is if it had pass-through capability, like the vb2. A car adapter would be bananas. That and/or easily replaceable rechargeable batteries.

In an earlier post I think I mentioned that the utility tool doesn't fit through the mp hole (in order for you to pop out the screen), but a toothpick works. It's also a bit difficult to get the screen back in place, but it gets easier with repetition.

All in all, though, I can confidently say that the Pinnacle is the gonna appear on a lot of people's sigs. I can't wait to see what else trvb has up his sleeves.

I drank the Pinnacle Kool-Aid and I'm a believer. This could be a game changer...

I'm off to the Cannabis Cup (which had to be moved from downtown LA to San Bernardino at the last minute because LAPD wasn't cool with it; malarkey).

Any FCers who are gonna be there today feel free to pm me. We might be able to meet up. Guess what I'm bringing?

vbpkit.jpg

SiDankies

Just an idea for the guys at VB. Maybe you should think about making the "bullet" glass. Most people prefer glass as apposed to metal.

SiDankies,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Just an idea for the guys at VB. Maybe you should think about making the "bullet" glass. Most people prefer glass as apposed to metal.

That's not a bad idea as an upgrade, but the bottom of the bullet is a screen which might be hard to attach to a glass bullet.

uuaa..grat review! What kind of case is that you are using to travel? If I had to guess I would say it was something for a PSP or something.

stickstones,

SiDankies

That's not a bad idea as an upgrade, but the bottom of the bullet is a screen which might be hard to attach to a glass bullet.

uuaa..grat review! What kind of case is that you are using to travel? If I had to guess I would say it was something for a PSP or something.

Well how about forget about a screen? Think Cera bowl.

SiDankies,
Reactions: GOATPUSSY

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well how about forget about a screen? Think Cera bowl.
No, don't think Cera bowl. Cera is a sipper, I do not want that here. If this product goes that way, which imho it won't, I would be very disappointed. Like the Cloud ELB, a little stainless isn't going to hurt anything, again, imho :peace:

t-dub,

Tweek

I would love to see mouthpieces of different materials, if that were possible. Just something more interesting than clear plastic. But that is just a design thing :D

Tweek,
Reactions: b0

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sidankies...i think it would end up feeling like the solo...restricted.

uuaa...I have been loosely packing to about 3/4 full. I had already recommended a bigger bowl for bigger clouds, but maybe not if it feels good when packing like that. I'm gonna pack my next bullet like you.

stickstones,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth

See the TET threads, here are some valuable observations from new owners:
Well I made a cardboard sleeve that has black tape around it , the cera does get hot when using the LL cart . . . The LL cart is a whole different machine its small bowl only gives you maybe 3 to 4 good hits of vapor so there's not as much room to play with so it takes more technique and discipline. . . if you draw to fast it cools it down and Hinders the vapor production so a slow steady draw is a must IMO.
Valuable data points, thank you.
It appears the Cera LL suffers many of the same limitations as the T1.

t-dub,

SiDankies

sidankies...i think it would end up feeling like the solo...restricted.

uuaa...I have been loosely packing to about 3/4 full. I had already recommended a bigger bowl for bigger clouds, but maybe not if it feels good when packing like that. I'm gonna pack my next bullet like you.

Yes but the Solo's restrictiveness allows monster hits. I just feel glass is cleaner.

SiDankies,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
glass is cleaner, but this design couldn't possibly get enough holes to get good airflow. I prefer functional restriction t0 physical restriction. In other words, the Solo is physically restricted...it just can't get any more air flow. The Pinnacle has functional restriction. You can pull on it as hard as you want and get good airflow, but the thick vapor sweet spot is lower than that. In the end, both units may draw at the same speed for the same vapor thickness, but with one you have the option of sucking harder for a cooler, weaker hit, whereas with the other you have no choice.

As to taste on the Pinnacle...I have no complaints, but I see no reason to try and improve it by replacing the SS bullet when it will still have SS and teflon and plastic in the airpath.

stickstones,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Not if they honeycomb the bottom :D

but... it's probably too small of a piece to effectively do it... SS wins this round!

Quetzalcoatl,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Not if they honeycomb the bottom :D

but... it's probably too small of a piece to effectively do it... SS wins this round!
Hmm… Fritted glass capsule? :science: I wish there were a version of this emoticon with a little guy raising a beaker in the air while reclined in a La-Z-Boy…

I don't have any big problems with the capsule design of this or any other major vape in the market, just having fun with my imagination. Back to the Pinnacle… I have to say that I love the intense competition going on in this field. I joined this forum and the world of vaporizing just four months ago and already there are five new vapes on the market and another on the way. And all of them looking compelling to me! Great stuff.

Top Bottom