• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Picture Thread

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
dn2j5y.jpg

lwien

Ok, this is going to be a buzz kill. I thought twice about if I should post this up here or not being that the pics that have been posted in this thread have been funny, beautiful and totally mesmerizing, but I came across a group of pics and when I put these two particular pics together, it spurned all kinds of different thoughts and emotions that I feel should really be shared. So please forgive me if this is too much of a bring down, but...........it is what it is. Both of them powerful in their own right, but when viewed as a pair, the sum of both become that much, much more powerful. Two separate photographic pieces of art that can sear your brain when viewed together:

FwW1W89.jpg

eBXzGtJ.jpg

SD_haze

Ok, this is going to be a buzz kill. I thought twice about if I should post this up here or not being that the pics that have been posted in this thread have been funny, beautiful and totally mesmerizing, but I came across a group of pics and when I put these two particular pics together, it spurned all kinds of different thoughts and emotions that I feel should really be shared. So please forgive me if this is too much of a bring down, but...........it is what it is. Both of them powerful in their own right, but when viewed as a pair, the sum of both become that much, much more powerful. Two separate photographic pieces of art that can sear your brain when viewed together:

FwW1W89.jpg

eBXzGtJ.jpg
Life ain't always pretty. I do feel it's important to at least recognize the reality of the world - even if it's not always positive.

20110125+Homeless+Youth+by+Shrued.jpg

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah

Thanks for sharing, simply because it is probably the most real post in this thread.

Its awesome to look at happy pictures, but this is much more important IMO. Thinking only about the good, means you ignore the bad.

This poor child is a orphan now. An orphan that watched her parents get murdered by someone wearing a cheap ass American flag patch. Wearing the blood of your parents, probably not something you forget. I'm sure she won't forget who did it either.

And who's to blame the child if they are to become a terrorist? We breed our own enemies, and we breed them at the cost of $680 billion a year. And lets be honest, most militia gun nuts in America are really only a civil conflict away from becoming domestic terrorist themselves. Those are the one's I worry about. :tinfoil:

Support the troops! Go America! We really are the best country! Woooooohooo :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Fuck, I need to get high now, should probably move too. :lol:

lwien

Thanks for sharing, simply because it is probably the most real post in this thread.

Its awesome to look at happy pictures, but this is much more important IMO. Thinking only about the good, means you ignore the bad.

This poor child is a orphan now. An orphan that watched her parents get murdered by someone wearing a cheap ass American flag patch. Wearing the blood of your parents, probably not something you forget. I'm sure she won't forget who did it either.

And who's to blame the child if they are to become a terrorist? We breed our own enemies, and we breed them at the cost of $680 billion a year. And lets be honest, most militia gun nuts in America are really only a civil conflict away from becoming domestic terrorist themselves. Those are the one's I worry about. :tinfoil:

Support the troops! Go America! We really are the best country! Woooooohooo :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Fuck, I need to get high now, should probably move too. :lol:

Yeah.

For me, it wasn't only the content of those pics but the artistic composition of them as well. That artistic composition when viewing both of those pics as a pair just jumps off the screen and slaps you in the face for not only is the child in unbearable pain, but when looking at the first pic of the soldier in the mirror and then pic below it, it becomes crystal clear why there are so many veteran suicides being reported.

As one recent interview that I saw from a soldier just coming back from Afghanistan and being treated for PTSD, he said that he joined the Army with the intent of protecting his family and children from being killed by terrorists here in the states, only to go to another country and to become the one that kills their children and families. His last statement was, "What is wrong with this picture.", and then I saw these two photographs about a week later.........Picture painted.

(sorry for getting a bit off topic, but it's just too hard to keep quiet)

Last edited:
Top Bottom