• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Picture Thread

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I'd love to see more of your art DigitalDavinci, that is, if your willing to share. :)

This is my favorite Salvador Dali painting

Salvador_Dali_TheTemptation_StAnthony_mid.JPG

Another favorite of mine

dream_caused_by_the_flight_of_a_bumblebee_around_a_pomegranate_a_second_before_awakening.jpg

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Awesome Spiral! I like the new signature by the way. Thanks for the shout-out. Dali is my idol (sorry drunk at original post, wrong word). I've been to see the second largest exhibit in the world of his artwork in Tampa. His art is so organic, imagiantive, and just the right amount of crazy in it as well. I actually have 2 books (first edition :brow: ) both are written by himself and venture into his mind. One of the books actually critiques some of the greats like Van Gogh! Published in 1944, and 1957 by the Dial Press. They were translated by Haakon M. Chevalier. They are called Dali on maodern art, and Hidden Faces. If you'd like to look them up. Not to mention a 900 page encylopedia of his works and travels. I LOVE the crazy and ecentric bastard.

Oh and here is another bit of art. I guess I'll show some of my art here since I have no camera, no pictures, and plenty of work to show...

Thanks to all,

DD

Oh I fixed my mistake AtoZ on the last post, but I still like the smiley...or frowny as the case may be.

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Wow dude, that is awesome. We have a lot more in common than I thought. I did a school project on Dali, we had to pick an artist and dress like them and make one of our own drawings in our style. I rocked the 'stache and painted a (crude) melting clock. :lol: I guess I'm good at art, I just never finish my projects. I have a few half finished paintings collecting dust and one on the wall I don't really like but had a fun time painting. This winter I spend more time inside so it's likely I'll pick that back up, I would love to finish them all.

How about John Baizley?

He does a lot of the artwork for bands I like; Darkest Hour, Skeletonwitch, Pig Destroyer, and of course, Baroness, the band he sings and plays guitar in.

BarTrch.jpg

~good vibes~

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Spiral Architect...Nice dude, and great to see another art lover out there. I've never heard of John Baizley to be honest, but I'll look him up tonight after work. Nice art you displayed, so I'm intrgued to see someone new.

I hear you on the paintings collecting dust. I have a few of those myself. Artists procrastinate. Sometimes a lot, and sometimes fleeting. We have to process what we have seen, heard, tasted, smelt, and touch to add a new chapter to our works. Art is organic...simply put (word is becomming cliche now, but I've used it for art forever). The art is done only when the artist states it. The paintings you mentioned are like books you never got to finish. It is always exciting to go back to, and often a different experiance than expected.

Really like the avatar man. :o I was trashed last night and starring at it for like 10 minutes. :lol:

Stickstones...Thanks man! I thought you may have noticed who the last image was. Although admittedly I took liberties with his face structure. It's Simione Ryce(SP?) from the Tampa Bay Bucks (at that time).

Anyways, these images are the latest thoughts I had on the Silver Surfer and Purple Days signatures. Please use them, abuse them, throw them in the trash bin. I don't care, but Partially Veiled gets first dibs becuase they were originally created for him. I will email the PS files, with/without back grounds, etc...just email me. Or just right/click save as, and manipulate it yourself if you'd like.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Dude, those logos, especially the last one is fucking awesome! THat should be the official logo for PD

stickstones, your breaking the rules :p

r159235-580502.png

xenafied.png

Last edited by a moderator:
SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Thanks guys. I like the logos too, but the details get a little lost when you scale it down to fit a signature. All but the "Purple Rain". It looks good small.

Here is all the photos I have of my cats. My aunt took these. I love animals, and rescue as amny as I can. These are the three that stuck. :)

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

DD you have to show the tribute to Dali. I dug that one most of all. Pammy was into the Hendrix, obviously (Purple Days? Ya know...)

I've seen some of his other stuff and it's just as impressive... Show us all more please.

On the meanwhile I will post this blotter shot, it was my first :o (not my photo).

and go look for some of Pammy's stuff to post up.

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

AofZ I like the long-bow. Does it have any story. So unusual to see a non-re-curved or compound biw with sights ande balancers these days. Real nice to see it.

So here a pic. Pammy's design for a friend's birthday last year. Thread art.

Purple-Days,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
well i only had that one for about a month before one of the limbs broke :(
i have issues with the local bow store guy and im not going to buy from him again, hes not the kind of person i want to do business with
it was a nice 40lb draw self bow, i had made a little arrow shelf and wrapped the handle in leather, and sanded the wood and finished it with linseed oil, it was pretty sweet
theres no sight on it, i like the more traditional feel, none of that high tech gagetry for me!

the bow i have right now is a 25lb fiberglass recurve from my dad, he used it when he was in college
the next bow i buy (if i decide to) will prolly be another longbow, one that i finish myself, it creates more of a connection than buying a pre-finished bow, linseed oil really brings out the grain in the wood

heres an interesting bow design, one that ive looked into, its a traditional style bow that was used by the penobscot indians, it was the worlds first compound bow design
you can change the draw weight by tightening the front strings, it a very ingenious design
Pkit2.JPG

penobscotfulldraw.JPG

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Great pics everyone! DD you're quite the arteest! Pam too! Wish I could do that. :tup:

Cool bows! AoZ, the pic in post #85 is not working because it's directly linked (not using the thumbnail code, turboimagehost doesn't allow direct linking). It may load for you but only because it's in your browser cache. Regarding the pic in question... outline on the mushroom looks pretty good... blur on his hand looks messed up... sun light on his head looks like it could've been added to match the shroom.

stickstones you're fired for so many posts and no pics! Haha, j/k, didn't expect that rule to remain unbroken for long. :p It's just there so we don't end up with a bunch of replies and no new pics. :)

Think this was from icmag

My friend's kitten, they are cute but something else caught my eye in this pic.

Also, please host your images at an image hosting site rather than hotlinking them from other websites. Usually people don't appreciate other websites leeching their bandwidth and if they take measures to prevent it, all of those hotlinked images here will stop loading. (Spiral :p :D)

vtac,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
DigitalDavinci said:
I actually made you a PD signature that resembles Purple Rain from the 80's. Not too sure if you are an old but a goodie like myself, but if you are interested...I'll send it to you. Also I realised it looked good, but you have 2 vapes to represent (I can't forget the SSV). I'll send them tomorrow if you'd like. I have 2 PD and 1 SSV. The problem is once you shrink them to fit the signature place, then the details get lost. Ah you'll see. You can use them or not. I have no worries when it comes to my art. ;)
Holy jumping Jesus DD. You're a freaking mind reader. I was born in the very early 80's, so I remember some of it from the first time round (unfortunately :p)...but...more importantly, I'm actually a big Prince fan. Yes yes yes laugh it up all you bastards, but I'm the first to admit that a large percentage (ie. most of it) of Prince's discography is garbage. However...the stuff he did right? Forget about it. No popular artist in that era can touch him, as far as I'm concerned. I would be absolutely HONORED to rock that Purple Rain Purple Days logo. It would be awesome to put the Purple Days and the blue SSV together (since that is my color, after all :D) but to be totally honest...the Purple Days is my first love, so I'd be happy with just that if you want to share the love around. I'm sure many people are vying for those beauties by now; you do a great job with this stuff man.

Anyways...thank you so much. I was half joking when I suggested you make one for me, but I can tell by your art that you love to create just to do it, so I am not going to feel guilty. Instead I just hope you take my thanks with deepest sincerity. I don't know how to e-mail using this forum...if you know how maybe you could drop me a line? vtac, if there IS no option for e-mail or private messaging on this forum, please feel free to give DD my e-mail address. I would simply prefer to refrain from posting it publicly, for obvious reasons.

I have more to say about all this wonderful creativity and I actually took some pictures tonight to share with you guys, (nothing exciting...trust me...more of a product placement for tea drinkers :D) but I just don't have the time to format them and upload them tonight etc. I have a deadline for tomorrow and I want the day off...so you know how it goes. I'll come back and edit this entry as soon as I can to upload those pics and such...

I just couldn't come on FC and not let you know how impressed I am DD. I really hope you will keep sharing your art with us, as well. Not only do you have talent but apparently you have passion, and if you ask me the latter is easily more important. It'd be cool if you upload them slowly, too...I love checking this thread to find new works, it sort of makes my day feel that much better. Be a shame to be spoilt too quickly :p

Also, I see we've got some visual arts fans here...not a surprise at all, pot heads can be cultured too, you know! I love graphic art and specifically painting, so I'll dig up some good pieces to share. See we've got the Dali covered ;)
Been a fan, but never really delved into his work too deeply...perhaps I should?

Hehe AoZ I've seen pics like that before as well. Always cracks me up. I loves it.

Edit: :lol: I'm going to start calling you guys the picture police...you and your damn rules! I've had it up to here with your RULES! Heh if you read my post, you knew that I had sort of, kind of excused myself of it...but since you called me on it, and since I'm almost finished and clearly procrastinating the finishing (I'm here, aren't I? :D), here you go:

Laocon Domnicos Theotokpoulos (El Greco)

View from Toledo Domnicos Theotokpoulos (El Greco)

...as long as I'm editing...

DD, those are some super cute cats. I also love animals, and commend you for going to a shelter...not enough people do that...good on ya my friend. Are they males, females, or :uhoh: both? There are far too many animals around my place to name, I think...but I should definitely get a picture of my pooch. He's tres important to me...as most peoples animal companions are to them, I think (I'd hope). My sister has a turtle here as well...he's another highlight, fukken hilarious to watch sometimes.

vtac that is one HELL of a cute kitten there...and the fly is ugly as shit :p - the kitten doesn't get any points for being cute though. Kittens are born with the ability to "cute" a person to death, it's simply god given.

SA, whatever the hell that thing is, it looks like it took a shovel to the face and then got mutilated by a series of clipping sheers. Uuuuuuuggggleeeeeez! --> later in the morning: you know what, I've looked at that thing enough times now, it's actually pretty damned cool looking. Rodents normally freak me out a bit (childhood experience I can't seem to shake), but I dunno...it sort of makes me want to laugh, for some reason. What the heck is it? --> painfully numerous edits finish here: I got a clue and read the tag to the picture...mole rat huh, eeenteresting.

partially veiled,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Partially Veiled...First off I'd like to say thank you for all the wonderful comments on my works. That really goes for everyone. I've never really exhibited any of my work, but on my personal site. I enjoy your posts as much as you seem to enjoy my works. As for the files...I can use sendspace.com (a free file sharing server) to upload your files. That way you can keep your ananimity. There is an email button under our avatars if you'd like to get a hold of me that way. I'll link two sets. The first will be your link to the logos you've requested, and the second will be the rest of the logos you all have seen. If anyone wants them...go for it. I will include the Photoshop and .png files for the signature. You can manipulate them if you'd like. I was just doing them for fun. I love the posted art. Absolutely beautiful. I think you'd like Dali's books. It closely resembles his artwork in literary form.

As for the animals...I have a female calico (bailey, 8), a male russian blue (shadow, 4), a white stray (nenya, 2), and a (temporary resident, 3 mo) white deaf stray, also we found a guinnea pig that was let loose and unwanted (Reese).
I try to find homes for sick, stray, and unwanted animals. Some just tend to stick around, and some you just can't find a home for. I do what I can, and as Pammy Days says, "Animals are good people." :D Sounds like you are good people too.

Purple Days...Thanks again for the compliments. I love the tiger eyes, and I still feel that it would look awesome engraved on a PD. I think it would fetch a pretty penny in an auction. The eagle is my favorite of Pammy's, and I'll be sure to tell her in my next letter. (Wow, I just dated myself...letter, lol) I'm useing your artwork about 3 times a day, and loving it. ;) I'd love to see some of your phtography up here. Some competition came into town yesterday with my VG, but I will always come home to my PD at night. :lol:

Vtac...Thanks man. I pretty sure you have some true talent as well, and your just not sharring it. :cool: I've seen you referance towards photoshop from time to time. I bet you have some ninja skills we have yet to behold. :ninja: Skills besides creating this kick ass community that is! :D That is an awesome picture dude!!! The cat is adorable, but the capture of the fly is amazing!

SpiralArchitect...I think that is a baby groundhog. Not too sure? I got a chance to really use the VG last night. F@#KN' AWESOME!!! Look out later for my review. You'll be a happy camper trust me. ;)

Here is a funny pic I have at work. It always makes me laugh. I don't have any of my personal stuff here, but I'll post the Daliesque painting I did next chance I get.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
It's a Naked Mole Rat. :D

Isn't it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute? :brow:

"Give me your weed" He says :lol:
2dad7hx.jpg

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Amazing artwork DD and Pammy. Shit I can't draw to save myself.

Ok here'a a pic, its from my photobucket account and only know how to post them one way :(

070107_1_resize.jpg

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Beautiful, that's the New Zealand waters, eh.... cool, maybe someday I'll be able to take a dip in them!

Since we are showing pictures of our homes, heres mine, Southeast Alaska :)

I love living where I live and couldn't imagine anywhere else. :) I'm really vaked, time for some food.

SpiralArchitect,

You

Check out this pic I made:

We even made our own "vaping crew" T-Shirts with the pic on them!

You,
Top Bottom