Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
@notoriousLrg
Sr71/74 pros- large capacity, user serviceable, built like a tank. Works with all oils that aren't thin or runny
Cons- size

Kiss is more like those generic wax pens with upgraded parts and quality materials. Also rebuild able but max capacity is .1
I haven't seen much on the process of loading the SR74. C02 oils can sometimes be obtained with a long neck. Ready to make a dispensary run so just wondering if a syringe with a long neck might help with loading the SR74?

notoriousLrg,

SkrACHIN

Just got my 8 in the mail today with the 74x upgrade. I must say, this thing looks amazing. and feel so solid. but....

Should the 8 be ready to go out of the box? I'm not getting any response with any combination of battery. I've tried the herc, kiss cart (7.4 & 3.7) and a kanger tank but nothing. and if i'm using stacked AW 18350s does that circuit board go on the bottom? I've taken the head apart and cleaned it but still no spark....

SkrACHIN,

itschad

So the upgrade is to help with clogging issues? Does wax clog up that path from the lower chamber up through the center post?

I've been using it twice a day since it came out and haven't had any clogging issues so I'm not sure what the deal is. I was going to order a rebuild kit to fix the donut I accidentally destroyed with 7.4v on the core before ever getting to use it, probably order the upgrade too and just avoid the issue.

i dont have any clogging issues with the upgrade but even beyond that i feel like the airflow is all around massively improved. it's a much more smooth draw that you don't have to worry about being careful with. it feels like youre hitting a kiss, and then its water filtered

still having problems getting any heat from my 8

>_<

Darn!! My Core is acting up now . Keeps going into protection mode! With all my tops and cartridges. Anyone recommendation @THC SCIENTIFIC ??

I feel like my core always says protection in the top left

?

Last edited:

Fredster951

i dont have any clogging issues with the upgrade but even beyond that i feel like the airflow is all around massively improved. it's a much more smooth draw that you don't have to worry about being careful with. it feels like youre hitting a kiss, and then its water filtered

>_<
Do you have a voltmeter?

What I mean by "protection" mode is when The Core reduces the voltage and displays reduced voltage output. Also the persei top flashes when this happens.

Last edited:
Fredster951,

itschad

Do you have a voltmeter?

What I mean by "protection" mode is when The Core reduces the voltage and displays reduced voltage output. Also the persei top flashes when this happens.

yea i have a voltmeter. if i put a lead on the center pin and the other on the threads and fire the button i get a readout of what youd expect for the battery, in both configurations, but none of my kiss carts get hot nor does my sr71. pretty sure the center pin is high enough as there is a gap between the bottom of my sr71 and the top of the 8

itschad,

BlueLite

>_<

I feel like my core always says protection in the top left

?
Have you disassembled your 8 top and tightened the gold plate in the button? That fixed my issues, and shortened button travel a bit too

BlueLite,

SkrACHIN

Just got my 8 in the mail today with the 74x upgrade. I must say, this thing looks amazing. and feel so solid. but....

Should the 8 be ready to go out of the box? I'm not getting any response with any combination of battery. I've tried the herc, kiss cart (7.4 & 3.7) and a kanger tank but nothing. and if i'm using stacked AW 18350s does that circuit board go on the bottom? I've taken the head apart and cleaned it but still no spark....

also no response with core. please help! haven't gotten the 8 to fire yet.

SkrACHIN,

Fredster951

yea i have a voltmeter. if i put a lead on the center pin and the other on the threads and fire the button i get a readout of what youd expect for the battery, in both configurations, but none of my kiss carts get hot nor does my sr71. pretty sure the center pin is high enough as there is a gap between the bottom of my sr71 and the top of the 8
Interesting. This indicates IMO a poor connection under electrical load. These kind of problems only come out during electrical load where the connections are pushed harder to work. They won't show during a "no load" test

@SkrACHIN Try adjusting the top collars. They are gold color. Two of them. Adjust them so they thread out more. Adjusting the height so it is raised sort of speak.

Last edited:
Fredster951,

SkrACHIN

Interesting. This indicates IMO a poor connection under electrical load. These kind of problems only come out during electrical load where the connections are pushed harder to work. They won't show during a "no load" test

@SkrACHIN Try adjusting the top collars. They are gold color. Two of them. Adjust them so they thread out more. Adjusting the height so it is raised sort of speak.
brilliant. that did it. had to lift that top gold pin out a bit. i tried to tighten the collars but they just sat at the same place so i just lifted the pin a bit. so with 1 18650 and the circuit board i can fire up the kanger tank, but how do I use the circuit board with stacked 18350s?

SkrACHIN,

itschad

You gave up on the 8? Did you ever find the solution?

nah, ive probably taken it apart and put it back together at least 20 times, and screwed with the caps even more tonight and i have work early. set my persei up on my core and rocking my okeanos with the slightly cracked glass cause it still works :3

Fredster951

brilliant. that did it. had to lift that top gold pin out a bit. i tried to tighten the collars but they just sat at the same place so i just lifted the pin a bit. so with 1 18650 and the circuit board i can fire up the kanger tank, but how do I use the circuit board with stacked 18350s?
The circuit board goes on the bottom. Between the battery and - bottom spring. The smaller contact side goes up.
Ex. Top-18350-18350-circuit board-bottom spring

Last edited:
Fredster951,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

All you have to do is unscrew the one top nut on the top center pin. Unscrew it half way and it should fire, raising the top center pin is advised against.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SkrACHIN

All you have to do is unscrew the one top nut on the top center pin. Unscrew it half way and it should fire, raising the top center pin is advised against.
got it. worked like a charm. the 8 is so nice in the hand. sooooo nice. the weight makes it feel so solid compared to the Persei. now where can i order a polished sleeve for the Herc?

SkrACHIN,

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
Darn!! My Core is acting up now . Keeps going into protection mode! With all my tops and cartridges. Anyone recommendation @THC SCIENTIFIC ??

I have found that if the protection feature is too active, I unscrew the head a little and find the sweet spot. I have a v1 top, a v3 top, and the hammer top and the hammer and v1 work fine with the core (for me) if slightly unscrewed. I have not tried the 8 and core but I am about to in 54 minutes.

anyone happen to check voltage drop on the 8? I'm reading .05 v...... or about 1/4 the drop of many high end e liguid mods. I have ten plus nice mechanicals and none of them drop this little or hit this hard. SORCERY! you are caught!

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I haven't seen much on the process of loading the SR74. C02 oils can sometimes be obtained with a long neck. Ready to make a dispensary run so just wondering if a syringe with a long neck might help with loading the SR74?
I haven't used co2 in my herc so can't really help there but I would assume the longer neck would be benificial just make sure it's not too runny..with shatter or wax you just plop it in

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
@THC SCIENTIFIC,

Hey G, does any kiss cart work for the Okeanos now? I know there used to be a certain one just for the Okeanos, but I don't see them on the site anymore. I haven't used mine in a while and I just got the upgrade in the mail, but realized my kiss cart that I had in it is shot. The ceramic wick actually broke in half somehow, or I'd rebuild it. So will any kiss cart work in it now? I gotta order another one. I'd rather have one with the second generation, black porous ceramic wicking system though. Is that possible? Thanks for your help.

Vapoholic420,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician

I have found that if the protection feature is too active, I unscrew the head a little and find the sweet spot. I have a v1 top, a v3 top, and the hammer top and the hammer and v1 work fine with the core (for me) if slightly unscrewed. I have not tried the 8 and core but I am about to in 54 minutes.

anyone happen to check voltage drop on the 8? I'm reading .05 v...... or about 1/4 the drop of many high end e liguid mods. I have ten plus nice mechanicals and none of them drop this little or hit this hard. SORCERY! you are caught!

I have had the most no-fires with the Core using my Hammer top. For some reason my Top is incredibly sensitive when used on the core. I think the issue for me is with the different shaped contact the Core inserts have that touches the center post on the Top. The fix for me is to unscrew the bottom DC plug adapter out of the tube, and then thread it back in gently... This seems to re-seat the spring loaded contact on the core with the top a little better. If it doesn't fix it then I unscrew it and screw it back in partially. It's sort of accomplishing the same thing that @Patrick Hughes said, but I personally have much better luck unscrewing the core insert, rather than the Top.

Your mileage may vary

Top Bottom