• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

thegoo

I am almost ready to load and vape but i have one more question
How many seconds should it take for the herc to reach full brilliance? Like if i take the mouthpiece off and look down into the cart, how many seconds until its glowing...\
Right now it is taking about 10 seconds with my current rod placement, the cart is getting plenty hot, but earlier when i assembled it the first few times it was at full brilliance in 5 seconds
Any help would be appreciated because I dont want to have to mess with the rod after its dirty tonite

thegoo,

TommydCat

Charge the batteries? :)

Unless you have a core or iris, it's going to be difficult to be perfectly consistent, as the batteries tend to top off at a slightly higher voltage that is quickly lost (meaning the first few times hit hard, then it levels to a norm pretty fast for most of the rest of the charge).

If you're using a core or iris, then likely it's something else, as your power should be consistent. I know I've had to clean the rod off of gunk deposits which I'm sure increased the thermal mass to slightly lower to max temp and make it take longer to get there. Since you haven't loaded it yet, this is mostly for reference a few grams down the road :)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Yeah Kiss Globes for the Persei were sold out before the sale even started. Word last week was that they would be back in stock in 3 weeks. Can't wait to grab one, a new ti coil and a Nibbler GN!

Please tell me how it is, I'm really liking my globe and have been eyeing the nibbler g and gn for awhile. Leaning towards the gn.

You know the 8 has interchangeable top caps in both 601 and 510 threading, so that you can use carts threaded for either, right? What else do you need to know?

The top cap design is so cool, fits everything and it fits flush to the cap.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

vjt324

im tryna put in an order and when im picking my billing and shipping address its telling me "one or more items in you cart cant be shipped to your location. please choose a different delivery address." any idea what might be going on? @THC SCIENTIFIC

EDIT: DISREGARD!. missing the first digit in zip code. sorry

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I am almost ready to load and vape but i have one more question
How many seconds should it take for the herc to reach full brilliance? Like if i take the mouthpiece off and look down into the cart, how many seconds until its glowing...\
Right now it is taking about 10 seconds with my current rod placement, the cart is getting plenty hot, but earlier when i assembled it the first few times it was at full brilliance in 5 seconds
Any help would be appreciated because I dont want to have to mess with the rod after its dirty tonite
10 seconds sounds pretty good.
When the rod is surrounded by coils immersed in oil, it will not get to 'full brilliance' glowing status. If it does, it's cooked your oil, but I haven't experienced that on the -74, only the -71. If I may elaborate on what @TommydCat said: Your first heat was probably with fresh batteries at 8.4V straight off the charger. That's why it was so fast on your first heat cycle, The voltage will drop down into the sub 8 v range fairly quickly. Nominal voltage is 7.4V and that's where you see your ~10 second heatup, it should sustain there for a while until they are depleted and need a recharge.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Woohoo!
QtZEucr.jpg

I know this stuff can be confusing so I hope this helps![/QUOTE]
1. Some people prefer the SR's and the KISS carts at 3.7v. You get better flavor and cooler vapor. Some people (like me) are cloud chasers and just want huge hits. We tend to go 7.4v.

2. The Core is an insert for your Persei that plugs into the wall, providing constant power and the ability to dial back the voltage incrementally. The Iris (V2 should be released soonish) is a top for the Persei that also allows you to dial in the voltage, but for batteries.

3. I don't think it gets much easier to load than a KISS cart, but the SR's have the benefit of holding more so you don't have to load as often. That said, once you have an SR set up and buffered you just open the cap and drop in whatever you've got. Easy Peasy!

4. Once again, preference. I almost exclusively use 7.4v but I've got an excessive tolerance and a need for clouds.

5. The KISS carts and KISS globes serve the same function (load as you go type cart) but none of the parts are interchangeable. No parts of the Globe attach to the KISS cart so you need to order a complete KISS Globe unit to get it going.

I know this stuff can be confusing so I hope this helps!

Beyond helped. This explains a lot. Thanks a bunch dude!!!

SixPointFour,

starchild

Ok. I cleaned everything out with a thorough Iso bath. Loaded a pea sized nugget into the Hercules. Held the button for about 6 to 10 seconds to melt it in. Threw another small nugget in there. Closed her up. Did about a doZen rips where I would hold the button for about three or four seconds while drawing for maybe 10 seconds and pausing 30 seconds at least in between. Cool down by drawing for 20 to 30 seconds a few times over the next couple of minutes. Already I have oil leaking into the bottom chamber. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Is it possible the cartridge is defective? Am I defective? Help!

starchild,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@starchild,

your issue is pausing for 30 seconds between hits, you cant. The Once you are done using it, keep pulling to cool down, if you wait about 30 seconds or more, thats warm oil sitting there and nothing to do but to go down to save itself from being destroyed. You have to use the Sr74 the way she was designed and that is to extract what you need and cool her down.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

vjt324

So is the preorder just for the globe 1701 core? Or is it for the whole globe set w 1701 core?

vjt324,

itschad

No demos yet, but they work great on the Persei not for cloud chasers, takes a bit to heat up, but when coupled with the iris its killer.

What's the purpose of it? To allow for a rebuildable globe?

edit: ohhhh just noticed its a donut heating element coooooooollll

Last edited:

invisiblefriend

Manufacturer
lookin 4ward 2 new toys my friend @THC SCIENTIFIC :)

my afternoon taste bud story :( ---- I had a friend bring sum oil over …… I welcomed of course n wanted to show just how incredible this TOOL is !

True 2 its history -- we ripped hits -- n joyed my own goodies -- 2 his amazement of course (he has like 12 different batts and 20 different carts -- lol ) but of course we all know nothing compares

he breaks out n drops in his latest bho … uh oh :( --- idk was sup with the oil or maybe seemed like reclaim or absolute with a bad taste -- yuk !!!!!!!
and since the sr74 is so so incredible -- it pulled out every taste and aroma but this time I wanted (needed to ) get rid of it ---

yuk ---

GOOD CAME FROM IT ANYWAY --- well knowing I wanna make the SR-74 HD video --what a better time to do a cleanup --- cause this icky taste just won't go away --- even if I add the good it just ruins the taste -- grrrrrrrrr

good time 4 a cleanup --- ill get to it tonight :)

(tip) only use quality goods inside a quality tool !

edit 1
---- woweee when sutten bad its BAD … I just gave a kinda qwik cleaning since I just gave a deep clean about 2 weeks ago :) -- then put back n boom -- i cannot believe how the taste won't go away ---
gunna do an overnight soak for the coil -- since I'm assuming its stuck in thur --- well maybe ill burn it if I can get it out nice -- last coil got ruined pulling out -- it was stuck in thur :( - any coil pull up tips welcome ? …………

but honestly I cannot believe a taste can stik like this -- I even did a re-prime with new good good -- n the bad ilk taste still gets overcome ! amazing -- and scary! please also always know wax/med source !!!!!!!!!! n trust of course !

Last edited:
Top Bottom