• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

darkrom

Great Scott!
So now that thermovape is closing up shop, I'm looking for an in business company to take over. My only issue with W9 has been its too hard to keep up. I feel like everything is always in beta testing, and then a newer better version is out before that gets finalized. Now thats not a bad thing because its constant innovation and progress, but I feel like I'm always waiting to pull the trigger and can never catch up.

I'm going to be looking for something to replace my thermovape products most likely. They work just fine right now, but I hate using out of support things etc. Just an OCD thing.

Any suggestions for where to start? I have a persei with a blown top and the whole battery holder smells like fried electronics. Do I have to just trash everything and start from scratch?

What are people using now with the persei for a large load oil cart to get many days out of, similar to how I would with the cera EO? I don't need another kiss style cart right now, I have a 2-3" pen that has me covered in that department.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So now that thermovape is closing up shop, I'm looking for an in business company to take over. My only issue with W9 has been its too hard to keep up. I feel like everything is always in beta testing, and then a newer better version is out before that gets finalized. Now thats not a bad thing because its constant innovation and progress, but I feel like I'm always waiting to pull the trigger and can never catch up.

I'm going to be looking for something to replace my thermovape products most likely. They work just fine right now, but I hate using out of support things etc. Just an OCD thing.

Any suggestions for where to start? I have a persei with a blown top and the whole battery holder smells like fried electronics. Do I have to just trash everything and start from scratch?

What are people using now with the persei for a large load oil cart to get many days out of, similar to how I would with the cera EO? I don't need another kiss style cart right now, I have a 2-3" pen that has me covered in that department.
Hey there bummer about TV Saw it coming and switched long ago...you could get the out of warranty/eBay purchase thingy on their site which is $60 dollars I believe and will get your Persei a warranty and service again... Or you could buy a new Persei too...the first option is obviously cheaper...

Most people are using the Hercules SR71 or sr74. 74 came out after which is an updated sr71 with lower power. Personally I prefer the 71 because it works better on the iris variable voltage top but they're no longer made (and the iris is not out yet either.)

You will also need some AW 18350 batteries for the HerculesHercules

darkrom

Great Scott!
But the herc is sold out. :/ everything seems to be sold out or always awaiting revision. The herc looks awesome but I'm always getting the feeling like their products are always JUST around the corner haha.

Never feels like a good time to buy to me.

darkrom,
Reactions: gudiss

OB

@darkrom I'm waiting on the new tops to be released until I buy the warrenty on my persei. Hopefully the triton will be available around the same time. I got my iris though so its a little easier to wait. Unless its waiting on the okeanos. So stoked on that after making a little kiss bubbler top out of plastic syringe tubes lol.

hoptimum

@darkrom I'm waiting on the new tops to be released until I buy the warrenty on my persei. Hopefully the triton will be available around the same time. I got my iris though so its a little easier to wait. Unless its waiting on the okeanos. So stoked on that after making a little kiss bubbler top out of plastic syringe tubes lol.

OB, I'm sitting on my warranty purchase also. Any idea when the new tops will be available?

hoptimum,

OB

Na like dark room said. "Its right around the corner". THC sent out a few prototypes a few weeks ago and things sounded good, but no date

darkrom

Great Scott!
I want to be sure everyone knows I love the fact that they are always improving things, but as a customer it feels like a bad time to buy. I feel like everything is just always in beta. The "finished" oil carts the hercs are the ones I'm interested in. And they are sold out?

darkrom,
Reactions: OB

itschad

Can you pm me your ticket number ? Let me see what's going on.

I will go to the warranty dept. And find your core and see what the issue is today @itschad
We have been upgrading all of our systems for the past two weeks but that's no excuse.

The main thing that concerns me is that the ticket has been closed twice due to seeming non-responsiveness on my part. The length of time is not necessarily an issue, particularly if something is technically wrong with the device and it's being serviced. I've PM'd you the ticket number @THC SCIENTIFIC

itschad,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
The main thing that concerns me is that the ticket has been closed twice due to seeming non-responsiveness on my part. The length of time is not necessarily an issue, particularly if something is technically wrong with the device and it's being serviced. I've PM'd you the ticket number @THC SCIENTIFIC
The tickets are normally closed because once the item ships you are automatically sent an email with the tracking number. Your unit was replaced and will be shipped today! We apologize for the extended wait and confusion with the ticket being closed.

nao12000,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Are the 18650pd batteries that originally came with the cera usable in the persei ?

Thanks.

Skeena,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Are the 18650pd batteries that originally came with the cera usable in the persei ?

Thanks.

yes, and also in the 8.

Ok update guys,

I have a few SR71 bare bone kits with the older markings on the teflon pieces, and the bottom adapters are not for the Nibbler XL's if anyone wants to chime in and if there is demand for them ill put them up for sale.

Remember this is bare bones SR71 and only has one Ti Coil inside.

No box, no tool, no manual as the manual is on the site.

The markings on the Teflon pieces will say Hercules 7.4v in actual reality its a 71 inside and the bottom adapter will not be usable with the Nibbler XL

Will still have the 1 year warranty.

Last edited:

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
There are quite a few folks that will probably migrate over from Tv products to w9 now that they are out of business. Personally I would still like to see the 8 with a cera thread. Fingers crossed they will still be released

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
There are quite a few folks that will probably migrate over from Tv products to w9 now that they are out of business. Personally I would still like to see the 8 with a cera thread. Fingers crossed they will still be released

The question is: not many lunas or ceras have been sold, and with the cartridges needing constant rebuilds that the company has to do, then do we make a product that has a end date?, investing now in the production of the top cap would be crazy. I am not sure what we will do, we need think about this as many people will just stop using there carts all together now since it cant be rebuilt and i am afraid the top caps will be just sitting here as we need large production numbers to even get them off the ground, or each top cap will be expensive if we do small number.

And i doubt majority will migrate either. If you look at what has happened many supporters of the Cera and Luna have gone from touting only buying the "best" to buying ecigs now and converting them over to use with LAyG style carts.

I will not bash the company that was our only competition but loyalty is only pocket deep.

@THC SCIENTIFIC I am interested in the sr-71 bare bones buy. I take one please.

Plus 1

Last edited:

masaki

I was kind of stoked on seeing the 8 having more options.. Oh well. :shrug:

Now if I could get my Hercules I'd go back to having the best Oil vape in Town! :razz:

masaki,
Reactions: Caligula

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I was kind of stoked on seeing the 8 having more options.. Oh well. :shrug:

Now if I could get my Hercules I'd go back to having the best Oil vape in Town! :razz:

The 8 will have the infinity kit, that will give it a lot more options for sure, but the life of the TET cartridges are now numbered since the company wont be around to rebuild them.

I was hoping you were going to tell us that your plan was to absorb (acquire) the competition. Wishful thinking...again.

=)

Absorbing a non profitable company is hard. Specially when the cartridges need to be rebuilt every few months. The name alone could be worth something but anyone purchasing the company either has to raise prices and that would mean no sales at all ( please see loyalty is only pocket deep comment ) or move production oversees to even see any profit.

I just dont see anyone purchasing a complicated company to continue made in america process that is going to cost a lot more to see profit.

Top Bottom