Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Hey guys who have ran reclaim through your hercules:

do you do anything before putting quality wax in there for the sake of flavor? Do I need to like fully clean my TI coil and everything to keep it from tasting like booty? or can i just proceed as usual on top of my coil and the flavor will work itself out?
I keep one spare coil primed with good oil and one in the Herc. IF I were to want to use reclaim, I would keep a second coil primed with reclaim just for that purpose. The flavor may take some time to work out otherwise.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I received my sr-74x upgrade, but am having a problem. Tried searching for a solution but have to ask; the new unthreaded top cap, it slides right out of the upper chamber. Am I missing an oring or anything? The top cap is just too small to stay in the cart. Thanks in advance

edit: my 999th post!

kushcabbage,
Reactions: gudiss

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I received my sr-74x upgrade, but am having a problem. Tried searching for a solution but have to ask; the new unthreaded top cap, it slides right out of the upper chamber. Am I missing an oring or anything? The top cap is just too small to stay in the cart. Thanks in advance

Is it very loose? Does the plastic MP hold it in place once screwed into the heat shield?

DieHard,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Am I mistaken, or isn't that the method used to fill the 2.4 & 5 ohm older style carts?
Why would it be ok to use the SS funnels to fill up the SS carts, but not to heat up the Hercules SS chamber, or the Kiss carts for that matter?:shrug:

If your getting discoloration your probably holding the flame too close.

I still use my old style carts, and I hold the tip of the torch lighter flame about an inch and a half to two inches away. They aren't stained. If you hold a torch lighter close enough to stain, wouldn't you think you would be burning the oil as well? It gets plenty hot an inch or two away from the tip of the flame to heat without burning I would think.....

I was just reading through this and thought I'd throw my :2c: in.

I'm no expert with oil, yet.:D
So its as much of a question as a statement.:)
You use a bic lighter on the funnel I believe, not the cartridge which your constantly heating up and inhaling from...

It's more so using a torch on the SS but I'd rather be safe than sorry... It take a few extra seconds to tidy up without a flame and I'm fine with that. To each their own

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Caligula

Maximus

Assuming its the same as the unthreaded SR71, It'll gunk up and stick in place after you use it. Also the mouth piece should press it down and keep it seated.

TommydCat

Any tips for the SR-74 metal top cap not getting gunked up threads? I clean the threads pretty well with ISO any time I take it off, but makes me worry about not taking it off for a while and it getting really stuck. Seems the oil wicks right up the thread no matter what.

TommydCat,

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
Any tips for the SR-74 metal top cap not getting gunked up threads? I clean the threads pretty well with ISO any time I take it off, but makes me worry about not taking it off for a while and it getting really stuck. Seems the oil wicks right up the thread no matter what.

The best solution I've found for this is to take a couple of hits prior to loading to get it warm. After the cap is heated, it screws right off no matter how much oil is in the threads.

TommydCat

Thanks for the tip - warming certainly makes a difference.

I missed the murmur around the SR74x package introduction. Looks like it's going to be an "upgrade" of necessity... Waiting on a pending pre-order anyway, so I'll likely tack it on and build up my thumb callous in the meantime ;)

Fredster951

Thanks for the tip - warming certainly makes a difference.

I missed the murmur around the SR74x package introduction. Looks like it's going to be an "upgrade" of necessity... Waiting on a pending pre-order anyway, so I'll likely tack it on and build up my thumb callous in the meantime ;)
Also remember the SR74x has the same rod placement as the SR71.

Fredster951,
Reactions: Caligula

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
I've seen a few people say the sr74x has the 71 rod placement meaning there's a little less rod inside making it better to use one coil is there any advantage to this or have I misinterpreted the info in those posts

lonelyhero,
Reactions: 215z

Resinberg

hello every one hope some one can help me
I went to use my persei today and my button wouldn't glow then I noticed my batteries rattling a little which was weird since I used it the previous day but I thought maybe my spring collapsed I check the spring and its not a complete cone but it doesn't look like it collapsed just a little bent so I just raise my batteries to solve my problem

I press my button the button glows but as im looking in my Hercules to see if its heating I see smoke and smell that horrible burnt electronic smell now when the top is screwed in my power button stays illuminated

vinmz4.jpg

im trying to figure out what went wrong I have had this thing for ever since it first came out and have stored it and used the same routines with it for over two years ? then today it just pooped out on me

Resinberg,

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
hello every one hope some one can help me
I went to use my persei today and my button wouldn't glow then I noticed my batteries rattling a little which was weird since I used it the previous day but I thought maybe my spring collapsed I check the spring and its not a complete cone but it doesn't look like it collapsed just a little bent so I just raise my batteries to solve my problem

I press my button the button glows but as im looking in my Hercules to see if its heating I see smoke and smell that horrible burnt electronic smell now when the top is screwed in my power button stays illuminated

vinmz4.jpg

im trying to figure out what went wrong I have had this thing for ever since it first came out and have stored it and used the same routines with it for over two years ? then today it just pooped out on me

If you still had the v1 top, thats probably the issue. Those tops weren't made for the Hercules & it likely burned your top. I suggest waiting for the new tops to come out, then getting the repair service.

Resinberg

If you still had the v1 top, thats probably the issue. Those tops weren't made for the Hercules & it likely burned your top. I suggest waiting for the new tops to come out, then getting the repair service.
wow thanks I had no clue they were not compatible
I had the persei so I purchased the herc 74 assuming they work together it doesn't say anything about not working on V1 ( I didn't even know there were different versions) just the AW IMR batteries which I also purchased
it worked perfectly for about 4 months I used the crap out of it multiple grams and hours of use so its strange

how can I get it fixed Its over two years old and I have no receipt I purchased from pipeline in santa cruz Ca they say they are an authorized retailer

Resinberg,

Fredster951

I've seen a few people say the sr74x has the 71 rod placement meaning there's a little less rod inside making it better to use one coil is there any advantage to this or have I misinterpreted the info in those posts
Yes there is less rod going into the sr74x chamber. It barely pokes past the single Ti coil. The SR74x has the smallest heating chamber. I have no idea how it would perform with 2 coils, since I always use a single coil. For sure the SR74 chamber is more than likely best for double coils. Since more rod is penetrating past the first coil. Again this is all my opinion and observations. Maybe someone can chime in about using 2 coils in a SR74x. From my experience there is NO performance advantages to the SR74x. Only convenience advantages. Such as the thread less Top cap and making rod placement easier for less experience operators. Also a bigger "reclaim chamber" if that's a plus to you. Personally I hate oil getting into the bottom chamber so I take precautions to avoid leaks. Some operators who are heavy button smashers or do little cool down hits might praise the taller bottom chamber. Since it will have bigger reclaim capacity before you have to open it up and reclaim.

Last edited:

Resinberg

damn I remember the receipt being on a tiny little faded 3 inch paper and I remember seeing bob law like driving over it on youtube haha so I didn't make it a priority to keep it
my smoke shop has no record and they don't have any instock either I checked
but regardless of having the receipt its only a 1yr warranty iv had mine since they came out well over that

I don't know if I want to spend an additional 65 on it
I bought the unit instore new for nearly 300 dollars way before the price cut

can anyone show me anywhere on the site where there is info that a Hercules would fry my V1 top this should have been clear I have been active on this forum to make sure I understood my device and I thought I did I even remember stating my persei was 2years old and @THC SCIENTIFIC said the SR would be the way to go

Resinberg,

Vape Dr.

Quick question guys. I just purchased a nitecore intellacharger i4 as G suggested.
All my 18650 batteries work fine, but only half of my 18350 AW batteries work.
The ones that don't work light up green on the charger it came with, but I get nothing on the nitecore charger with them.
Does anyone else have this charger?
If so, any similar battery issues?
Thanks in advance guys!

Vape Dr.,

Fredster951

^^The older Persei tops are compatible with the hercules SR. However the older tops have NO short circuit protection. If the hercules SR has a short after assembly it WILL blow your Persei top. THCscientific recommends you check the hercules after assembly with a volt meter. If not shorts cause destruction. I suggest you get the warranty again. I know it sucks big time. But you will get the best newest top with circuit protection so this won't happen again. Warranty cost you $65 I think. OR get a hammer top for $40 on clearance on w9tech.com. Comes with 1 yr warranty and circuit protection. If I were you get the hammer top to match your chrome tube. chrome top still in stock while supplies last. If you do get the hammer to be warned it has no shut off feature. Meaning no 5 click off feature. Still BADASS top to have.

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
Quick question guys. I just purchased a nitecore intellacharger i4 as G suggested.
All my 18650 batteries work fine, but only half of my 18350 AW batteries work.
The ones that don't work light up green on the charger it came with, but I get nothing on the nitecore charger with them.
Does anyone else have this charger?
If so, any similar battery issues?
Thanks in advance guys!

Been using that exact model for about a year now, before that it was the i2, & have had no such issue. Maybe the batteries failed?

Resinberg

lol so its compatible until it fry's? nice the doesn't sound compatible
well I guess its another 65 towards the persei then ...
just really wish I would have known about this whole short thing
or that I even have an older version top how is one suppose to know this ?
I would have not bought the herc and saved 165 dollars on the herc and the repair
this makes me want to give up on the persei I thought I was doing everything right there should be info about this on the site all the old loyal persei customers from the beginning just get screwed on that if they buy the herc

I will admit I assembled it and didn't check with a volt meter today was just a bad day i guess because iv used it for 4 months and cleaned it about 8 times disassembling and assembling with no problems

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I would have not bought the herc and saved 165 dollars on the herc and the repair
this makes me want to give up on the persei I thought I was doing everything right there should be info about this on the site all the old loyal persei customers from the beginning just get screwed on that if they buy the herc

I will admit I assembled it and didn't check with a volt meter today was just a bad day i guess because iv used it for 4 months and cleaned it about 8 times disassembling and assembling with no problems
This is a good time to stick with the Persei. :nod: There is a lot of good stuff on the horizon. The new tops (with warranty service you end up with the current version not a repaired one with the same flaw). Will incorporate the Hammer Top function so it's a 2 for 1. Not to mention you will have @THC SCIENTIFIC right there at your back!

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

That is not what @Fredster951 said, nor is it the case. A Hercules will only fry your original Persei top if you assemble it incorrectly, so they are in fact compatible. Being compatible doesn't exempt items from user error (this same exact thing has happened to me too). It simply means that two items do in fact work together, which the v1 tops and Hercules do.

I do agree with you, however, that much of the information is simply not out there for the average customer to find. The only slight I have against UP Tech is that they don't have a blog or section on their site where they explain upcoming/new releases/features. Hence, a person is often basically buying blindly unless they are aware of this thread here at FC (which is not officially affiliated with UP Tech).

To be fair, however, the only reason UP Tech releases updated and improved versions of things is because they listen to customers and figure out ways to improve their products and fix any issues that may arise. The perfect example is the v2 top. The reason they were needed was because the original tops were built before the Hercules was even a thought (though the Herc was built and designed to be used with the v1 tops. So when people were frying the original tops due to user error, UP Tech chose to create a top with circuit protection to prevent that from happening.

I say go for the warranty and just try to keep up with the thread every once in a while to see if there are any new developments. That way, you will be aware of any problems, changes, upgrades, and improvements, that may occur.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I keep one spare coil primed with good oil and one in the Herc. IF I were to want to use reclaim, I would keep a second coil primed with reclaim just for that purpose. The flavor may take some time to work out otherwise.
tix0XGR.jpg

You got to help me get this stuff working again?

I think I need new batteries?

ataxian,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom