Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I was really looking forward to the okeanos, but it seems like another rushed product lacking refinement, @THC SCIENTIFIC do you do R&D before marketing a product? if so id say maybe spend a little more time with the product before marketing. I have not seen one product from w9 that hasn't needed a version 2, or some kind of after purchase upgrade. I'm still following your product line and still have interest in your ideas, just not liking the way you push your products out the door before they work properly.

Yes we do have testers and we do test them and make sure it works and none have issues with our units.

Now since we are more fluidic we can make changes to our product line to match what our customers are experiencing. Unfortunately i do not know of one product that did not have revisions up updates warranty repairs or anything you can name being done to fix an issue that majority of people have. Last time i heard takes other companies months if not years to make changes to fix issues some customers have.

But what do we do?

If even a few people have issues we make changes we do not wait for majority of our customers to complain.

As for that I do not see an issue at all with the okeanos other then the Oring, and if we do make any changes the second version people who have the older ones can upgrade to it. Unlike other companies who just say screw you well just make a unit where you cant use what you purchased from us before.

I would like to ask you what unit do you have that has not had any fixes to it? Not trying to be a dick Soflo but i doubt there is a perfect unit out there.

Majority of our customers are happy because we fix things quick if there is an issues. The others are happy because we answer questions well into the night even on Saturdays and Sundays.

Can you replace any of your units (from other manufacturers) if you decide to use it as a hammer? With us you can. We understand that sometimes people get mad and toss things.

Will what we make in the future work with what people bought in the past (other manufacturers)? Maybe
but for us its for sure that we care about the customers who bought our units in 2008 will still be able to use what we made in 2014.

Will you be able to upgrade your unit ( other manufacturers ) to newer versions without buying a newer unit? Dont think so, with us you can.

Does our parts fail? yes like every other manufacturer

Do people have issues with our parts? yes like any other manufacturer

Do we make the perfect unit? no but we came dam close with the SR74. Now if we can remove that one element as the end user it would be 99.9% perfect.

In reality boss when you compare apples to apples. The SR-71 The SR-74 the Okeanos are industry rule setters. Give it time and you will see all of these little vape companies claiming grade 2 ti's if a few months.

As for the Hercs no other cartridge oil device can even come close to its design. Im not saying that because we made it but because it gives the end user complete control. This invites serious problems.

Same with the Okeanos.

End rant. Once again im not trying to be a dick but at the same time im no push over, and i adhere men can have a conversation without anyone getting hurt feelings. So be honest and truthful and ill be the same back.

If you do have any questions please feel free to pm me and ill put my Herc design up against anything you have and once we are done with the conversation you will switch over because once you know the truth and realize what you have does not even compete with the herc.

And

Ill put my money where my mouth is.

You buy a herc and persei you get it if you dont like it i will give you 7 days to return it for full refund including shipping.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I don't know how G gets any products out there with how much time he is here helping people on the forum. I agree with the above statements that these devices mostly require some commitment and experience(or wilingness to learn). The Herc I purchased even came with a little card saying exactly that. G, Naomi, both have a huge presence here on FC, and have reputations of doing what has to be done to make things right.
While we all have opinions, I feel yours are not a true representation of G and the rest of the W9 crew or the great products.
I have an Sr-71 that works correct(blinking top issue may have been my fault with battery height in tube, another story another time), from what I understand I need no upgrade for my device. The changes or upgrades(sold damn near cost) are only to make it "easier" for novices not "better".

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
@THC SCIENTIFIC I own a lot of your vapes, as well as a lot of other companies. I really like your ideas and am not trying to bash you. Honestly. Ive been an early adopter since the original omicron. You do push the envelope with your products and I do really like the grade 2ti, I plan on purchasing an Okeanos once the bugs are worked out..... I do appreciate you commenting on my post, as you do have good customer service. Naomi has always been great to me. In my opinion if you get some heavy users for beta testers you will find issues faster, and be able to correct them before full production. Ultimately slowing down new releases, but bringing the quality up and return rate down. I would be happy to continue this conversation via pm if you want. Thank you for paying attention to customers!

illmatik

@THC SCIENTIFIC

After a few days of light usage the TI coil on my Okeanos is not firing any more. Please help... I spent good money on this and was pretty pleased with the product but now I'm pretty bummed.

Edit: FYI I've submitted a ticket. Just hoping maybe there's something I can do to fix it myself but I can't figure it out.

illmatik,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC
I saw this video and bought your product
I didnt put in nearly that much water and Im drinking it plus its leaking down onto my dab, and out the sides, the rubber doesnt even seal mine on the sides!! Please help. Am I doing something wrong?

Ok so lets see. We need to send you a oring so you can put it on the center rod 1st. So please submit a ticket for that.

Now for the rest. I do inhale slow on all my videos. With the Okeanos the slower the inhale the larger the vapor.

The second issue you might be having is, your blowing into it. Meaning you create a siphon effect and reverse the flow.

The issue you might be having is you packed it to much and the oil is creating a vacuum when its settling back down.

So please submit a ticket and ill send out a oring for you.

@THC SCIENTIFIC

After a few days of light usage the TI coil on my Okeanos is not firing any more. Please help... I spent good money on this and was pretty pleased with the product but now I'm pretty bummed.

Edit: FYI I've submitted a ticket. Just hoping maybe there's something I can do to fix it myself but I can't figure it out.

Only way is to submit a ticket.

masaki

Ok so lets see. We need to send you a oring so you can put it on the center rod 1st. So please submit a ticket for that.

Now for the rest. I do inhale slow on all my videos. With the Okeanos the slower the inhale the larger the vapor.

The second issue you might be having is, your blowing into it. Meaning you create a siphon effect and reverse the flow.

The issue you might be having is you packed it to much and the oil is creating a vacuum when its settling back down.

@THC SCIENTIFIC are Okeanos now being shipped with the o-rings needed?

theCerberus

OK thanks, I will submit a ticket for an oring.

I havent blown into it or loaded a very large dab.

when I pick the bubbler part up on its own my hands get wet from water. the water is not sealed in by the rubber on the sides.... will this additional ring fix it?

theCerberus,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OK thanks, I will submit a ticket for an oring.

I havent blown into it or loaded a very large dab.

when I pick the bubbler part up on its own my hands get wet from water. the water is not sealed in by the rubber on the sides.... will this additional ring fix it?

That issue is simple to fix. Because when you put the glass piece on the oring and its dry your gonna roll the ring and create small gaps. What we do if this happens is apply a little water to the oring or like a dot of glycerin to make it slippery.

That fixes the side issue.

I realized our Okeanos does not have a user guide and we will be making one for tips and tricks.

@masaki yes we will be shipping okeanos out with the orings now.

Only a few okeanos made it out without orings so majority of the people are good.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
That issue is simple to fix. Because when you put the glass piece on the oring and its dry your gonna roll the ring and create small gaps. What we do if this happens is apply a little water to the oring or like a dot of glycerin to make it slippery.

That fixes the side issue.

I realized our Okeanos does not have a user guide and we will be making one for tips and tricks.

@masaki yes we will be shipping okeanos out with the orings now.

Only a few okeanos made it out without orings so majority of the people are good.

Is applying the water/glycerin to the large o-rings a one-time event, or does it need to happen regularly? It didn't seem to halt leakage on the outside from my Okie, but the gap seems quite large. Flipping the glass upside down didn't help either. I'm worried about water seeping into the top. Maybe that's not warranted. Ticket submitted. Life on the bleeding edge...

I decided to just order a 2nd Persei kit to prevent down-time. I knew that there is no longer a double top included (which was nice if the single top misbehaves), but PV is telling me the Persei is no longer supported at 3.7v?!?! Does that mean a 16350 is no longer included? I have a hard time believing that it won't function at 3.7v anymore.

Also, did I read correctly that there isn't future plans to produce kiss carts separately for the Okeanos? If so, does that put the whole unit in the scrap heap once/if the cart dies?

syrupy,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That issue is simple to fix. @masaki yes we will be shipping okeanos out with the orings now.

Sorry to be lagging.
The HERULES SR74 is brutal.
Full Melt I don't usaully have.
However thats all I had.
Tomorrow I will load SHATTER in it.
I had to take a 2 day break after Saturday.
The SR71 is really powerful however I feel the SR74 is less complicated.
The new gadgets I plan to get however I have more than enough stuff.

You invent like a mad scientist!
Keeping up with your technology is not easy!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Is applying the water/glycerin to the large o-rings a one-time event, or does it need to happen regularly? It didn't seem to halt leakage on the outside from my Okie, but the gap seems quite large. Flipping the glass upside down didn't help either. I'm worried about water seeping into the top. Maybe that's not warranted. Ticket submitted. Life on the bleeding edge...

I decided to just order a 2nd Persei kit to prevent down-time. I knew that there is no longer a double top included (which was nice if the single top misbehaves), but PV is telling me the Persei is no longer supported at 3.7v?!?! Does that mean a 16350 is no longer included? I have a hard time believing that it won't function at 3.7v anymore.

Also, did I read correctly that there isn't future plans to produce kiss carts separately for the Okeanos? If so, does that put the whole unit in the scrap heap once/if the cart dies?

ok the Persei will still do 3.7v but the batteries are not included anymore.

As for the water glycerin method did you take the oring out and re seat it again? or just applied water or glycerin over it?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

illmatik

Will I be able to use a standard KISS coil with my Okeanos while I'm waiting to get taken care of for my busted coil? My buddy can lend me one.

:(

illmatik,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
ok the Persei will still do 3.7v but the batteries are not included anymore.

As for the water glycerin method did you take the oring out and re seat it again? or just applied water or glycerin over it?

Thanks. I just applied water over it. The o-rings can be removed safely?

syrupy,

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
Will I be able to use a standard KISS coil with my Okeanos while I'm waiting to get taken care of for my busted coil? My buddy can lend me one.

:(
No, I tried this for shits and giggles. It does not work as its lacking the center airhole in the bottom. Gives severely limited rips.

Last edited:
Sleepin in CA,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
So, the mailman was finally kind enough to deliver my Okeanos (5 days late, but who's counting, right USPS?) and I opened my box to find the glass in my Okeanos is cracked. :bang: @THC SCIENTIFIC G, should I open up a ticket and are there glass pieces currently in stock to replace mine?

4hY52eG.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So, the mailman was finally kind enough to deliver my Okeanos (5 days late, but who's counting, right USPS?) and I opened my box to find the glass in my Okeanos is cracked. :bang: @THC SCIENTIFIC G, should I open up a ticket and are there glass pieces currently in stock to replace mine?

4hY52eG.jpg

My forehead is hurting ATM from all the banging I'm doing.

New one coming at ya tomorrow.

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
@THC SCIENTIFIC holy fuck dude! I just screwed my Okeanos together...not even tightly....and it broke in my hand dude!

IMG_20140210_18261_edit_1392085608534_zps8v0fm7o2.jpg

I'm not sure wtf happened, but my oring at the bottom broke as well from the glass. Fuuuuuck!

For the record it's clear it was not dropped, the glass is broken outwards. How the fuck I have no idea. I think it may have been flawed glass?

Last edited:
Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: Caligula

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC holy fuck dude! I just screwed my Okeanos together...not even tightly....and it broke in my hand dude!

IMG_20140210_18261_edit_1392085608534_zps8v0fm7o2.jpg

I'm not sure wtf happened, but my oring at the bottom broke as well from the glass. Fuuuuuck!

For the record it's clear it was not dropped, the glass is broken outwards. How the fuck I have no idea. I think it may have been flawed glass?

It's Boro brotha it's thin yes but it's Boro.

Let me see if I have a extra one tomorrow.

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Borosilicate can have this happen? I thought it was nearly unbreakable. @THC SCIENTIFIC Please see if you have an oring too. Mine got ginsu'd. So bummed, was gonna make another video.

:shrug:

@Caligula you must now do videos for the okeanos. Lol. I am down for a bit.
:bang::doh:

Last edited:

zeek01

I just had to come and post my praises of G and his wonderful company over there at W9tech. There was a slight shippiung mixup with my Okeanos, and what do they do? Offer to send my order express instead of standard priority! It's little things like this that make me keep coming back! Thanks w9tech! Can't wait to try my okeanos, even though I see some comon issues, it seems we are working them out as we go.

Top Bottom