Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thanks. I did recieve an email from Delta and they have given me a completely different answer than here. Any ideas?
They say "[Jan 29 2013 1:11PM] : The hercules thats available for sale online is for Omicron only. If you want to use that for Herbs you would need to use the 18650 IMR battery that came with your persei. If you are looking for taste from herbs. I recommend you use the Bender attachement. "

Can you give me the ticket number?

I want to see who answered this ticket, also they might have miss stated the battery size. A IMR is required to run the Hercules 3.7v on either a Persei or a Omicron.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Sounds like someone in the service department doesnt know their units well enough, or has some beautiful Cali medicine love in 'em.

Porquiplane,
ok lets clear it up again guys.

The replacement bottom insulator, outside shell, and mouth piece will be ready to be replaced by mid February.

The new heater prototype with all the fixes is in the first stage, and that is parts are being made for real world testing, this will be done end of Feb and testing starts asap. Please understand that all parts are custom made and we are trying to improve it even further.

dont worry about his pen, wait a few months and see what happens when he has to spend another $80 to get a new one.

Ok now lets start diagnosing your issue, what batteries are you using? how much are you loading? What are you loading?

I am new to the Herc. Your instructions say to heat up the regular carts for a maximum of 6 seconds. That is fine for 7.4V with 5 ohm carts.

But it seems like the Herc has a long heat-up time like a minute according to previous video. Is it OK to heat up Herc for a minute?

Wilma (newbie)

Wilma Mermelstein,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hey, was looking into using my persei for ejuice, whats a good cheap tank that people have had good experience with? i was looking at the vivi nova but i would love another opinion. :D

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Ego%2dW-for-3.7v
I use this one the ego w, it's worked well so far but unless it comes with a fill tool (I am not sure if the D9 one does I got mine on PV and it didn't) you need a syringe to fill it.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=CE4-Cartomizer-2.5-ohm-
This one is easier to fill afaik but it holds less juice then and other designs like this one I have heard are prone to inconsistent feeding from pinched wicks and leaking. I don't know if the D9 tanks share these issues though.

Tanhands

Can you give me the ticket number?

I want to see who answered this ticket, also they might have miss stated the battery size. A IMR is required to run the Hercules 3.7v on either a Persei or a Omicron.

The ticket # is 1082507. They sent another email with more explanation, I am sure you will see that if you look the ticket up.

I have watched a couple of your Youtube videos and it is a bit confusing as they show the unit that does flower and oil (7.4v) in the example but then tell you the one I can order is different.

I am trying to find a way to actually enjoy my Persei. It is so hard to use and clean up after that it just sits. Thought if I could vape flower and oil in the same unit that would get me to use my expensive toy instead of letting sit with my MFLB and Iolite.

Tanhands,
thet
The ticket # is 1082507. They sent another email with more explanation, I am sure you will see that if you look the ticket up.

I have watched a couple of your Youtube videos and it is a bit confusing as they show the unit that does flower and oil (7.4v) in the example but then tell you the one I can order is different.

I am trying to find a way to actually enjoy my Persei. It is so hard to use and clean up after that it just sits. Thought if I could vape flower and oil in the same unit that would get me to use my expensive toy instead of letting sit with my MFLB and Iolite.
that is the same reason I bought mine.

topshotninja,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Ok i see your ticket and here is whats going on.

You asked about the Hercules being sold, the only one we have on the site right now is the Herb version which is only 3.7v and can only work with herbs either on the Omicron or Persei, using only the 14650 IMR on the Omicron and 18650 IMR on the Persei. The person responded and then there was a correction from our QC department that told the original person who responded to the ticket to fix his/her mistake. Then that person sent another response to you around 2 hours later.

Hope that clears it up.

Ok so back to the Hercules issue.

The 3.7v does herbs only, we are trying to get the 3.7v to do oils only on the Omicron with a minor part.
The 7.4v does oils and herbs, it can do both but your not going to vape oil and herb at the same time, you will burn your herb before you vaporize your oil, this has been said before multiple times. I even mentioned that doing herbs with the 7.4v takes practice as its to powerful. The Universe does herbs better then the Hercules and the Hercules does oils better then the Universe. The Hercules herb version was only put out there because Omicron users wanted a herb chamber that is why we have a 3.7v version, there was no plan to do a 3.7v as it was only designed for oils.

Our Universe Cartridge is designed for Herbs and will be out soon as we fix some issues on it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Tanhands

Yes that is what the email said and the second one cleared up. So I think I understand, you do not have one that can do both? I know not at the same time. It would be nice to be able to switch between the herb cart and the oil cart from the video looks like it would be much easier to load. That is why I don't use what I have, it's hard to load.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Tanhands,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yes that is what the email said and the second one cleared up. So I think I understand, you do not have one that can do both? I know not at the same time. It would be nice to be able to switch between the herb cart and the oil cart from the video looks like it would be much easier to load. That is why I don't use what I have, it's hard to load.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.

The 7.4v does both but not at the same time if you want to vape, also there is no device that can do both without cleaning it out to not contaminate taste. If Taste is not an issue you can load up bud after oil and not worry about it, but oil after bud will get you a burn herb taste because of the temp difference needed to vape both.

Herbs need around 410F while oil needs around 550F +

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Tanhands

I understand not at the same time. I did not see an option on your website for the 7.4v. All I could find was the "3.4v only" version.

The one in the video looked like the oil went into a cart with a pop off top and the herb was in another chamber.

Taste does matter to me. The Iolite covers the flavor with Butane, the MFLB does not get hot enough but if it does you have fire in the box and it taste like wood. I like the clinical cleanliness of the lines and feel.

Tanhands,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
can you link the video which you are referring to, so that i can see whats going on.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

r0me

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Ego%2dW-for-3.7v
I use this one the ego w, it's worked well so far but unless it comes with a fill tool (I am not sure if the D9 one does I got mine on PV and it didn't) you need a syringe to fill it.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=CE4-Cartomizer-2.5-ohm-
This one is easier to fill afaik but it holds less juice then and other designs like this one I have heard are prone to inconsistent feeding from pinched wicks and leaking. I don't know if the D9 tanks share these issues though.

god i freaking wish i didn't have to use a syringe. im gonna get alot of wtf looks for having one lol. and thanks for the reply. are these tanks rebuildable? like if i need to rewick or something

r0me,
Reactions: Puffers

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
god i freaking wish i didn't have to use a syringe. im gonna get alot of wtf looks for having one lol. and thanks for the reply. are these tanks rebuildable? like if i need to rewick or something

I don't think they are meant to be rebuildable because you would probably compromise the gasket sealing the tank, but I am not 100% on that. Some ego w kits online come with a bottle for juice with a injection needle on the lid, if it doesn't come with one you can buy one online I am sure. The tank hold 2 ml which is way more then enough for 1 day for me so I don't roll around with a syringe or anything it chills at home with my vape gear. IF it doesn't come with a fill tool I went too the pharmacy and got a pack of insulin needles for like $3 I did get kind of a weird :brow: from the teller cause i didnt know what kind of syringes i could purchase and i said its for a hobby :lol: They told me insulin needles are all they can sell in CA over the counter. they are kinda a PITA cause they only hold .5ml and can be a pain to fill but they also sell bigger syringes n some e juice sites fwiw.

Puffers,

Tanhands

Amazon sells what they call Blunt Tip Fill Needles. Looks like 10 for $5.

Not sure if I am allowed to post links to other sites though. Just search and you will find them.

Tanhands,
Reactions: r0me

dro209

Will anyone from delta9 be representing/attending the Las Vegas Champs trade show feb 20-22?

dro209,
Ok i still dont understand whats going on, there is nothing in that video that says you can use both together.

And we will be at Las Vegas Champs at 117
I had the impression it did both, the website says oil and herb. not oil or herb.

the website is good. but a lot of details are not mentioned.

topshotninja,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
dude, you are arguing semantics at this point.

it can do herb. AND it can do oil. you can theoretically burn herb and vape oil
at full blast w/ a half load of herb and a normal load of oil. not recommended.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I had the impression it did both, the website says oil and herb. not oil or herb.

the website is good. but a lot of details are not mentioned.

Yes it can do both, but not at the same time. This is impossible. Not once was that ever mentioned in the video that it can vape both oil and herb at the same time.

In fact the wording is.

"It can do oil, It can do Herbs, it can also do ejuice but its not the best at ejuice."

This does not mean that it can do all three at the same time.

This is why we have a law against taking a shower with your donkey on the books.

dude, you are arguing semantics at this point.

it can do herb. AND it can do oil. you can theoretically burn herb and vape oil
at full blast w/ a half load of herb and a normal load of oil. not recommended.
I'm not arguing. Future or current customers will have questions and concers. yes technically you can do both but it really isn't meant for both. I'm stating that the website isn't too clear about the hercules. and it comes with no instructions whatsoever.

topshotninja,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'm not arguing. Future or current customers will have questions and concers. yes technically you can do both but it really isn't meant for both. I'm stating that the website isn't too clear about the hercules. and it comes with no instructions whatsoever.

Because the hercules was rushed out before instructions where done for a reason, we wanted feedback so that the instructions would be clear, as real world use stats and info where compiled we could write a very detailed instructions. Funny thing is not a lot of people read the Persei Manual.

OF

Yes it can do both, but not at the same time. This is impossible. Not once was that ever mentioned in the video that it can vape both oil and herb at the same time.

Two thoughts come to mind. First nobody makes a vape that does both at the same time AFAIK.....anyone know if anyone making (or using) vapes really thinks this is possible? I, personally, find it hard to fault a guy for not doing the impossible..... IMO expecting to vape both at the same time just isn't realistic....even for G.

Secondly, "I can walk, ride a bike, pilot a boat, drive a car and fly in an airplane." All are transportation, but I sure can't do more than one at any given time. And given that (I maintain true) statement, nobody in their right mind would expect me to do so. Logic is just against the idea.

Yes, before you post, I know you can walk up the isle in an airborne plane......but that's not the point.

Funny thing is not a lot of people read the Persei Manual.

That's not funny, it's par for the course. We're mostly guys here after all. We don't do manuals or ask directions. You want folks smart enough to read directions and ask for help/advice rather than guess you should try the fairer sex IMO.....

OF

OF,

Tanhands

I have never said I wanted it to do both at the same time. You keep telling it can Not do them both at the same time and I keep saying I know.
What I asked about is what you have for sale. On your web site the Hercules details states that it is the 3.7v only. On the video I posted the guy says that the 3.7v only does Herb. He says the 7.4v does herb and oil. I get it, not at the same time.
So I could do oil. Them stop. Swap carts and do herb.
That is what i am looking for. Does the Hercules 3.7v that you sell on your web site do that? If not where can I get the one that does?

Tanhands,
Top Bottom