Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

dankd420

I actually went kinda easy on the hercules in that last video, as i'm not personaly looking for super dense rips.

I thought i should still demo some 'Herculean' rips, so here is the herc freshly loaded with full batteries skipping the warmup phase(i dont suppose you all need to see that again). Additionally i'm pulling alot harder in this clip although it might not be so obvious. As mentioned way back in the thread a strong pull gives herculean rips.

Herc would have been happy to deliver several more hits like the last one, but i just cant do it. That last hit was also way bigger than i ever get dabbing(but again, i tend to take it easy).

Flintoli

I actually went kinda easy on the hercules in that last video, as i'm not personaly looking for super dense rips.

I thought i should still demo some 'Herculean' rips, so here is the herc freshly loaded with full batteries skipping the warmup phase(i dont suppose you all need to see that again). Additionally i'm pulling alot harder in this clip although it might not be so obvious. As mentioned way back in the thread a strong pull gives herculean rips.

Herc would have been happy to deliver several more hits like the last one, but i just cant do it. That last hit was also way bigger than i ever get dabbing(but again, i tend to take it easy).

How have you been doing with the base eating your oil? Where does the oil that goes into the base end up? does it come back out and vape?

Flintoli,

dankd420

How have you been doing with the base eating your oil? Where does the oil that goes into the base end up? does it come back out and vape?

People keep calling it 'eating' oil, but thats not it at all. The old cartidges have a minimum fill level, where that oil is that it cant be smoked? i dunno. These new hercules cartridges are the same. When it gets below a minimum fill level, it just needs more oil.

The base of the hercules doesnt leak(to the outside, it does leak from the center post into the heater), the images you see of oil arround the base of the silver part is most likely liquified oil that made it out through the air holes. It sticks arround the base because the heat shield / base(that i dont use because the bases keep breaking) stops it from going lower. since i have mine without the shield i just use a dabbing tool to scrape up the oil off the sides and back into the herc, occasionally touching it with a paper towel and iso for cleanup. In general it doesnt leak out those air holes, but occasionally(perhaps over filled?)

If you take the hercules heater out and run it all by itself, you will basically notice the the oil inside the heater expands as it heats and makes a pool of oil at the bottom of the heater. The heat coming off the ceramic rod is plenty to get that pool vaporizing. Giving it a strong pull causes that oil to 'dance' arround inside, providing more surface area, bringing the oil in contact with the bottom of the tank, and vaporizing that much more.

IMO the biggest confusion with the hercules is the tanks. Shipping it with 3 tanks and allowing you to buy more makes the impression that the oil should stay in the tank and perhaps only vapor should come out the bottom of the tank, but that is strictly not true in my experience. By the time the hercules has heated up enough to deliver serious vapor all the wax has liquified and run through the tank into a pool below the heater. I think the tank is still very much required though as it acts as a heat sink keeping the system up to temperature as you inhale.

DankD

The base of the hercules doesnt leak(to the outside, it does leak from the center post into the heater), the images you see of oil arround the base of the silver part is most likely liquified oil that made it out through the air holes. It sticks arround the base because the heat shield / base(that i dont use because the bases keep breaking) stops it from going lower. since i have mine without the shield i just use a dabbing tool to scrape up the oil off the sides and back into the herc, occasionally touching it with a paper towel and iso for cleanup. In general it doesnt leak out those air holes, but occasionally(perhaps over filled?)

Good guessing, but you're wrong. Maybe yours doesn't leak from the heater base, but mine does. (maybe look up "proof by example"). I'm sure at least one prototype didn't crack the heater base, didn't "eat" oil/wax and didn't leak out the threaded end (from where the bottom is pressed onto the heater), but at least one does (my personal knowledge) and it seems that others have reported this also.

-NDA

dankd420

Good guessing, but you're wrong. Maybe yours doesn't leak from the heater base, but mine does. (maybe look up "proof by example"). I'm sure at least one prototype didn't crack the heater base, didn't "eat" oil/wax and didn't leak out the threaded end (from where the bottom is pressed onto the heater), but at least one does (my personal knowledge) and it seems that others have reported this also.

-NDA

I can only provide my personal experiences, glad to have more chime in!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Nick can you clean it and send it in? or show me images? im interested in knowing how this is possible to leak from the threads. Thanks.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
I think mine leaks from the threads as well. The last couple times I've cleaned it there has been quite a bit of oil where the heater screws into the base piece.

Medical420MI,
ok. so I'm on day 2 of enjoying my hercules. well at least trying to.

the top peice to where the mouthpiece screws into has came apart, looks like its only holding by a bit of glue.

what can I do about this?

topshotninja,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Topshot, we have the replacement parts almost ready in a week and will send it out to people who ordered a Hercules from us, they just need to contact us and we will take it from there.

Anyone else who ordered through another retailer That is not Planetvape will have to send in their parts to guaranty no one is trying to get extra parts as it is limited.

dankd420

Wanted to add a quick picture for the type of leak i see, where it comes out the air holes.

KdbrBzC.jpg

I forced this to happen(by lightly blowing into it while hot) but the same happens to me on accident every once in awhile for various reasons. Next to blowing into it the easiest way to force this leak is to attach the hose to a bubbler with a carb. Instead of releasing the ground joint release the carb and the water going back into the stem will push some oil out the holes. I actually bought the bubbler in my videos because my other bubbler(10 year old grommeted glass) wouldnt work with the hercules right, i needed something with a releasable ground joint to prevent air being pushed back into the herc.

If i had the heat shield on this and kept using the hercules after the initial leak(because you dont know it happened with the heat shield hiding it) the line from the air hole down will keep melting down down down (because the metal up there is HOT) leaving most of the residue at the bottom of the metal where its blocked from running down any more.

dankd420,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wanted to add a quick picture for the type of leak i see, where it comes out the air holes.

KdbrBzC.jpg

I forced this to happen(by lightly blowing into it while hot) but the same happens to me on accident every once in awhile for various reasons. Next to blowing into it the easiest way to force this leak is to attach the hose to a bubbler with a carb. Instead of releasing the ground joint release the carb and the water going back into the stem will push some oil out the holes. I actually bought the bubbler in my videos because my other bubbler(10 year old grommeted glass) wouldnt work with the hercules right, i needed something with a releasable ground joint to prevent air being pushed back into the herc.

If i had the heat shield on this and kept using the hercules after the initial leak(because you dont know it happened with the heat shield hiding it) the line from the air hole down will keep melting down down down (because the metal up there is HOT) leaving most of the residue at the bottom of the metal where its blocked from running down any more.
I know what your saying however I think I will just wait for the crew at DELTA 9 to work out the details on the HERCULES. I had one from the first batch that was released. The flavor was so rich! With the issues that arose I just put my energy into learning different things about the PERSEI.
2.4V carts easy system.
5.0V carts POWERFUL!
Even rebuilt my SOLO's with what I learned about batteries.
Now they work better than originally?
I think my next adventure will be with the new improved HERCULES!
In closing my PERSEI with GIRL SCOUT COOKIES WAX in a 2.4 cart is extremely delicious!
Even the dual setup was a bit over medicating.
Doctors need to recommend these devices (PERSEI) to their patients!

ataxian,
Topshot, we have the replacement parts almost ready in a week and will send it out to people who ordered a Hercules from us, they just need to contact us and we will take it from there.

Anyone else who ordered through another retailer That is not Planetvape will have to send in their parts to guaranty no one is trying to get extra parts as it is limited.

ok. so if in the end I am not satisfied with the product what can I do? I had in mind the hercules would do essential oils and herb well, as in fact I thought it was able to do both together. the site does not explain much.

topshotninja,

dankd420

I know what your saying however I think I will just wait for the crew at DELTA 9 to work out the details on the HERCULES. I had one from the first batch that was released. The flavor was so rich! With the issues that arose I just put my energy into learning different things about the PERSEI.

Using my persei, numbered 76 in the above photo, i've gone through so many different ohm carts its crazy. I also pre-ordered the hercules and received it in the first batch because i was thrilled to not need new carts all the time.

I am merely posting now because there seems to be an opinion that it doesnt work, and i want to put it out there that for at least one person, it works. For me personally i get much better flavor and more control over the density of the hit(without changing carts/batteries just varying warmup time and using some button control) versus the various 1.5, 2.4, 4, and 5 ohm carts i've used. I also no longer have to buy a couple cartidges a month.

DankD

dankd420,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok. so if in the end I am not satisfied with the product what can I do? I had in mind the hercules would do essential oils and herb well, as in fact I thought it was able to do both together. the site does not explain much.

Once your device is shipped we can not refund anything, The initial Hercules has certain upgrades coming and we will replace faulty units and parts that have issues, the unit works fine and does what we claim it do.

Now as far as what the site says, it doesn't say that the unit will do both at the same time, in fact that has been covered countless times. You can use both, but will burn the herb trying to vaporize the oil. Please ask questions before you buy anything, this is true on all products.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Once your device is shipped we can not refund anything, The initial Hercules has certain upgrades coming and we will replace faulty units and parts that have issues, the unit works fine and does what we claim it do.

Now as far as what the site says, it doesn't say that the unit will do both at the same time, in fact that has been covered countless times. You can use both, but will burn the herb trying to vaporize the oil. Please ask questions before you buy anything, this is true on all products.
I understand i should ask questions but g your website doesnt have live customer service. does the hefcu les even have a user guide? but in reality. it doesn't do exactly what is listed. for one, anytime I try and put essential oil. it leaks to the very ottom and burns, second if I put bud and oil. you have to put a very very small amount of bud in order for the tank to fit, third. it burns the bud if you do. and only get 1 hit from the oil and about 2 from the bud, fourth it's been day 2 and it already fell apart? should t the site say still in beta testing? maybe I Received a defective one? one problem I also have iti paid priority mail to receive a bad item... it doesn't sound fair to me I have t been able to enjoy at all. I moved back to my pipe for now.

I'm not trying to be picky or complain about it but my item isn't working for me at all at this moment.

topshotninja,
I understand i should ask questions but g your website doesnt have live customer service. does the hefcu les even have a user guide? but in reality. it doesn't do exactly what is listed. for one, anytime I try and put essential oil. it leaks to the very ottom and burns, second if I put bud and oil. you have to put a very very small amount of bud in order for the tank to fit, third. it burns the bud if you do. and only get 1 hit from the oil and about 2 from the bud, fourth it's been day 2 and it already fell apart? should t the site say still in beta testing? maybe I Received a defective one? one problem I also have iti paid priority mail to receive a bad item... it doesn't sound fair to me I have t been able to enjoy at all. I moved back to my pipe for now.

I'm not trying to be picky or complain about it but my item isn't working for me at all at this moment.
sorry for the bad grammar. I'm on a phone

topshotninja,

Tanhands

I have had my Persei for about a year. It is great when I have time to mess with loading it and the clean up after. It seems this has been address many times.
I have a general question and I am sure it has been addressed also but to tell the truth I gave up after about an hour of reading. 316 pages is a lot and I get distracted easy.
So I have been waiting for a flower cart for the Persei. I am pretty sure the Hercules is what I am looking for. Do I need to order anything else besides the Hercules to make it work for flower in my Persei? I have gotten confused with all the attachments like the Hammer and Bender. Not even sure what those are.
Thanks for the help.

Tanhands,

OF

I am pretty sure the Hercules is what I am looking for. Do I need to order anything else besides the Hercules to make it work for flower in my Persei? I have gotten confused with all the attachments like the Hammer and Bender. Not even sure what those are.
Thanks for the help.

First off, howdy, welcome to the fun. Lots of good information buried in there amongst that other stuff, worth poking at when you're in the mood IMO.

Anyway, yes, that's exactly right. The 'herb only' Hercules, the 3.7 Volt one screws right onto a 3.7 Volt Persei.....almost like it was designed to. Which it was, actually. They can eat the batteries up (guys seem to like running them.....go figure...) so you might consider a spare (AW brand IMRs being the strong favorite), otherwise it goes right out of the box.

Charge the battery first, grind fine, shake it between hits and keep the power on.....

Good luck.

OF

OF,

DubCRider

He already said he will send you replacement parts when they are ready. From your above posts it sounds like its working quite well aside from the mouthpiece coming loose. If it never got warm/hot I would agree you got a faulty unit but it looks like oil and herb have both been used.

When vaping herb, you only need to press the button for a short time to Vape.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
topshot did you buy it from us? if you did clean it pack it up and send it in, ill do a refund for you. Our site does have a contact page, a phone number and we can be contacted both ways.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Tanhands

First off, howdy, welcome to the fun. Lots of good information buried in there amongst that other stuff, worth poking at when you're in the mood IMO.

Anyway, yes, that's exactly right. The 'herb only' Hercules, the 3.7 Volt one screws right onto a 3.7 Volt Persei.....almost like it was designed to. Which it was, actually. They can eat the batteries up (guys seem to like running them.....go figure...) so you might consider a spare (AW brand IMRs being the strong favorite), otherwise it goes right out of the box.

Charge the battery first, grind fine, shake it between hits and keep the power on.....

Good luck.

OF

Thanks. I did recieve an email from Delta and they have given me a completely different answer than here. Any ideas?
They say "[Jan 29 2013 1:11PM] : The hercules thats available for sale online is for Omicron only. If you want to use that for Herbs you would need to use the 18650 IMR battery that came with your persei. If you are looking for taste from herbs. I recommend you use the Bender attachement. "

Tanhands,

dankd420

Thanks. I did recieve an email from Delta and they have given me a completely different answer than here. Any ideas?
They say "[Jan 29 2013 1:11PM] : The hercules thats available for sale online is for Omicron only. If you want to use that for Herbs you would need to use the 18650 IMR battery that came with your persei. If you are looking for taste from herbs. I recommend you use the Bender attachement. "

It looks like they pulled the 7.4v hercules from the shop, best guess is they dont want to send them out with new parts coming soon(ish). Basing this on a search for hercules on the d9v website which turns up the 3.7v hercules and several persei bodies, but no 7.4v. hercules.

Sales rep could have been clearer and explained that, or possibly they just dont know.

DankD

dankd420,

r0me

Hey, was looking into using my persei for ejuice, whats a good cheap tank that people have had good experience with? i was looking at the vivi nova but i would love another opinion. :D

r0me,

OF

Something is goofed up here. Any 3.7 Volt load (like Hercules) that works on Omicron will work at least as well (typically better of course) on Persei at 3.7 Volts. More really is better in this case. The IMR part is important, as we discussed.

Bender needs even more power to work than Hercules, it's a nice product, but Omicron isn't going to cut it, you need the big battery power of Persei. Therefore I don't think it fits your needs? Another factor is while it produces lots of vapor, it takes a lot of bud to fill it up so you can get that.

OF

Top Bottom