1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by THC SCIENTIFIC, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BLAZING OG

BLAZING OG Vaping is a way of life!

Top Part here is about the replacement parts!

this last part was pertaining to the oil tanks ,(revised version)

No, Tanks are not bad at all, freaking genius if you ask me(healthstone kinda rock in tank), but they seem to work amazing with PUre GOld, but give 50/50 on the thicker waxes 50% of people its working great with thicker stuff, and the other 50% its finicky with certain budders and waxes!!!!

G, You think you might be able to incorporate the nail cart you had in development into a tank,:brow:a thin walled SS or Titanium kinda nail tank lol lol lol hahahahah Torchless!!!!!!!! With the Herc dreaming up ideas & possibilities is endless with its modular design !!!!
  2. DubCRider

DubCRider Well-Known Member

What's the issue you're having?

If you're using oil it requires a warmup period at 7.4v to transfer enough heat up the oil tank to melt the oils.

If your using flower you remove the oil tank and put your ground herb directly around the mini hammer.

It must be used will solid red IMR batteries, lithium ion batteries like Trust Fire won't work either.

Does your Herc get hot? Is your Persei working at 7.4v using standard carts?
  3. Flintoli

Flintoli Member

It gets hot as fuck, thats not the problem. It leaks/eats more oil than fucking 5 standard carts ever could. Which sucks because thats why i bought it.

Does anyone know if there is a high temp solder that would work for clogging the leak? You could drip it hot into the heater base where it would solidify wherever the oil is going. Would this be safe or just void my warranty lol?
  4. BLAZING OG

They have a fix in the works , should be ready soon, then you can open up a ticket with your order number and get it replaced with the new design!!

Yeah might void warranty, not sure on that one!!
  5. Flintoli

Flintoli Member

I already opened a ticket and received this response,

"Ticket #: 1073404
    Subject: 7.4 volt hercules parts
    Solution:
    [Jan 25 2013 5:05PM] : The only thing I can offer is for you to return it for a refund, and once we have the new one here at the end of march, you can then purchase the redesigned hercules."

Thats direct from delta9vapes. So can anyone comment on the viability of the solder method because if the quoted time is "the end of march" i expect by the time this is done in 6 months the technology will be obsolete.
  6. BLAZING OG

G, Just posted that some time in February its will be ready, march might just be an estimate!!!!!
  7. Flintoli

Flintoli Member

Actually he doesnt comment at all about when the replacement heater will come out, just that the shell will be available mid feb

"Yes, you will need to contact us mid Feb to get the replacement parts, IE bottom adapter, outside shell, and new mouth piece, then when the heater cores come out it will be available to upgrade." -THC SCIENTIFIC
  8. Darb

Darb Well-Known Member

I hope it's before the end of march. I've stopped using both of my Hercs until the heater fix is in. It's too bad because mine hit HARD when the heaters were full.
  9. topshotninja

topshotninja New Member

do you mean upgrade as a purchase or free on the heater.

will chrome be available?
  10. Flintoli

Flintoli Member

He means a free heater upgrade for the people who bought the bad hercs, which sucks because that is the problem not the shell, which he says will be replaced mid-feb.

THC could you confirm that the heater fix will NOT be available in mid-feb?
  11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sorry, no it will not. Solder does not adhere to ceramics directly. It will not seal but will leave a crack that will suck the hot oil in same as you have now. To solder it you'd need to establish a 'glass to metal seal' first then solder to the metal. Not at all trivial and very expensive.

The very high temperatures possible (like 1200F) eliminate most solders anyway.

What you want is furnace cement, just what is being used. The designers aren't incompetent, they're just up against a big problem here. The issue I think is temperature cycling. When you power up the heater expands in the center but the outside is still cold and therefore can't expand. This leads to a crack starting. On successive cycles I suspect it gets worse. Lots of guys report no problems at first but after a few times two holes open up as the cement degrades.

I think there's a good solution to the problem, but it probably requires a change in design not some glue to cover the problem up.

OF
    BLAZING OG and Flintoli like this.
  12. Flintoli

Flintoli Member

FUCKING FURNACE CEMENT!!! :D thats what ive been thinking of this whole time but couldnt remember the name! damn good idea bro im just trying to fix so i can medicate.

It says on the Cement manufacturers page that it withstands up to 2700F! WICKED
  13. VapeStL

VapeStL Active Member

Sorry for the off topic post, but is the long SS tube long enough for 2 - 3.7v batteries?
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Glad you're happy now. I fear you didn't pay attention to the rest of what I said? That's what they're already using, and no doubt a better grade than you're likely to be using? Not to discourage you from trying, just calling it like I see it.

I'd suggest you carefully remove the cement that's there first. It won't do any good to plaster over the weak foundation, the cracks will continue anyway. The basic problem (geometry) will remain.

Good luck.

OF
    Flintoli likes this.
  15. BLAZING OG

i do believe the longer ss tube witch is not adjustable takes 2 18350's, and the shorter one takes one 18350
    Bob Loblaw likes this.
  16. VapeStL

VapeStL Active Member

Thx!
    BLAZING OG likes this.
  17. BLAZING OG

no, problem!:rockon:Maybe someone with a SS tube kit can confirm, but iam almost 90% positive.

I do believe your correct, heater is not far behind but not on the same schedule as the outer heat shield, mouthpiece,and base insulator!!!! I havent been using my herc either!!! till these parts come in, iam just looking at my herc, i miss it, but i do use it when i have lots of oil, but for a small dabs worth or .1 its making my .1 disappear without any vapor !!!!
    Bob Loblaw likes this.
  18. Flintoli

Flintoli Member

Contrary to popular belief not all forum goers are chimpanzees ;) I realize the fix is temporary, but when you gotta vape, you gotta vape. Know what im sayyyyinnnn? brapp-brapp awww yeaaa
  19. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sorry, my mistake, I thought you wanted help.

Good luck with the solder.

OF
  20. Flintoli

Flintoli Member

awwww OF don't be like that you just totally answered my question 100% perfect! I was just looking for a quick cheep fix not solution to the problem :)
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Fine, then hold off the cheap shots, OK? Nobody is treating you with any sort of disrespect I can see.

OF
  22. Flintoli

Flintoli Member

Cheep shots? I think you need to medicateeeeee haha too much forum interaction will do strange things to the mind ;) I still love you man <3
  23. mangok

mangok Member

gettin the hang of the herc and starting to enjoy it more
    BLAZING OG and Bob Loblaw like this.
  24. dankd420

dankd420 Active Member

Someone said there wernt enough videos, so i made one of the hercules.

This is not fresh batteries or fresh load, just an average session. Warmup starts at the begining of the video, jump to ~1minute when smoking starts.

25. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

ok lets clear it up again guys.

The replacement bottom insulator, outside shell, and mouth piece will be ready to be replaced by mid February.

The new heater prototype with all the fixes is in the first stage, and that is parts are being made for real world testing, this will be done end of Feb and testing starts asap. Please understand that all parts are custom made and we are trying to improve it even further.

dont worry about his pen, wait a few months and see what happens when he has to spend another $80 to get a new one.

Ok now lets start diagnosing your issue, what batteries are you using? how much are you loading? What are you loading?
    Vitolo likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors