• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Flintoli

What's the issue you're having?

If you're using oil it requires a warmup period at 7.4v to transfer enough heat up the oil tank to melt the oils.

If your using flower you remove the oil tank and put your ground herb directly around the mini hammer.

It must be used will solid red IMR batteries, lithium ion batteries like Trust Fire won't work either.

Does your Herc get hot? Is your Persei working at 7.4v using standard carts?
It gets hot as fuck, thats not the problem. It leaks/eats more oil than fucking 5 standard carts ever could. Which sucks because thats why i bought it.

Does anyone know if there is a high temp solder that would work for clogging the leak? You could drip it hot into the heater base where it would solidify wherever the oil is going. Would this be safe or just void my warranty lol?

Flintoli,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
It gets hot as fuck, thats not the problem. It leaks/eats more oil than fucking 5 standard carts ever could. Which sucks because thats why i bought it.

Does anyone know if there is a high temp solder that would work for clogging the leak? You could drip it hot into the heater base where it would solidify wherever the oil is going. Would this be safe or just void my warranty lol?
They have a fix in the works , should be ready soon, then you can open up a ticket with your order number and get it replaced with the new design!!

Yeah might void warranty, not sure on that one!!

BLAZING OG,

Flintoli

They have a fix in the works , should be ready soon, then you can open up a ticket with your order number and get it replaced with the new design!!

Yeah might void warranty, not sure on that one!!
I already opened a ticket and received this response,

"Ticket #: 1073404
Subject: 7.4 volt hercules parts
Solution:
[Jan 25 2013 5:05PM] : The only thing I can offer is for you to return it for a refund, and once we have the new one here at the end of march, you can then purchase the redesigned hercules."

Thats direct from delta9vapes. So can anyone comment on the viability of the solder method because if the quoted time is "the end of march" i expect by the time this is done in 6 months the technology will be obsolete.

Flintoli,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!

Solution:
[Jan 25 2013 5:05PM] : The only thing I can offer is for you to return it for a refund, and once we have the new one here at the end of march, you can then purchase the redesigned hercules."

Thats direct from delta9vapes. So can anyone comment on the viability of the solder method because if the quoted time is "the end of march" i expect by the time this is done in 6 months the technology will be obsolete.
G, Just posted that some time in February its will be ready, march might just be an estimate!!!!!

BLAZING OG,

Flintoli

G, Just posted that some time in February its will be ready, march might just be an estimate!!!!!
Actually he doesnt comment at all about when the replacement heater will come out, just that the shell will be available mid feb

"Yes, you will need to contact us mid Feb to get the replacement parts, IE bottom adapter, outside shell, and new mouth piece, then when the heater cores come out it will be available to upgrade." -THC SCIENTIFIC

Flintoli,

Darb

Solution:

I hope it's before the end of march. I've stopped using both of my Hercs until the heater fix is in. It's too bad because mine hit HARD when the heaters were full.

Darb,
Actually he doesnt comment at all about when the replacement heater will come out, just that the shell will be available mid feb

"Yes, you will need to contact us mid Feb to get the replacement parts, IE bottom adapter, outside shell, and new mouth piece, then when the heater cores come out it will be available to upgrade." -THC SCIENTIFIC
do you mean upgrade as a purchase or free on the heater.

will chrome be available?

topshotninja,

Flintoli

do you mean upgrade as a purchase or free on the heater.

will chrome be available?
He means a free heater upgrade for the people who bought the bad hercs, which sucks because that is the problem not the shell, which he says will be replaced mid-feb.

THC could you confirm that the heater fix will NOT be available in mid-feb?

Flintoli,

OF

Sorry, no it will not. Solder does not adhere to ceramics directly. It will not seal but will leave a crack that will suck the hot oil in same as you have now. To solder it you'd need to establish a 'glass to metal seal' first then solder to the metal. Not at all trivial and very expensive.

The very high temperatures possible (like 1200F) eliminate most solders anyway.

What you want is furnace cement, just what is being used. The designers aren't incompetent, they're just up against a big problem here. The issue I think is temperature cycling. When you power up the heater expands in the center but the outside is still cold and therefore can't expand. This leads to a crack starting. On successive cycles I suspect it gets worse. Lots of guys report no problems at first but after a few times two holes open up as the cement degrades.

I think there's a good solution to the problem, but it probably requires a change in design not some glue to cover the problem up.

OF

Flintoli

Sorry, no it will not. Solder does not adhere to ceramics directly. It will not seal but will leave a crack that will suck the hot oil in same as you have now. To solder it you'd need to establish a 'glass to metal seal' first then solder to the metal. Not at all trivial and very expensive.

The very high temperatures possible (like 1200F) eliminate most solders anyway.

What you want is furnace cement, just what is being used. The designers aren't incompetent, they're just up against a big problem here. The issue I think is temperature cycling. When you power up the heater expands in the center but the outside is still cold and therefore can't expand. This leads to a crack starting. On successive cycles I suspect it gets worse. Lots of guys report no problems at first but after a few times two holes open up as the cement degrades.

I think there's a good solution to the problem, but it probably requires a change in design not some glue to cover the problem up.

OF
FUCKING FURNACE CEMENT!!! :D thats what ive been thinking of this whole time but couldnt remember the name! damn good idea bro im just trying to fix so i can medicate.

It says on the Cement manufacturers page that it withstands up to 2700F! WICKED

Flintoli,

VapeStL

Sorry for the off topic post, but is the long SS tube long enough for 2 - 3.7v batteries?

VapeStL,

OF

FUCKING FURNACE CEMENT!!! :D thats what ive been thinking of this whole time but couldnt remember the name! damn good idea bro im just trying to fix so i can medicate.

It says on the Cement manufacturers page that it withstands up to 2700F! WICKED

Glad you're happy now. I fear you didn't pay attention to the rest of what I said? That's what they're already using, and no doubt a better grade than you're likely to be using? Not to discourage you from trying, just calling it like I see it.

I'd suggest you carefully remove the cement that's there first. It won't do any good to plaster over the weak foundation, the cracks will continue anyway. The basic problem (geometry) will remain.

Good luck.

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
no, problem!:rockon:Maybe someone with a SS tube kit can confirm, but iam almost 90% positive.

He means a free heater upgrade for the people who bought the bad hercs, which sucks because that is the problem not the shell, which he says will be replaced mid-feb.

THC could you confirm that the heater fix will NOT be available in mid-feb?

I do believe your correct, heater is not far behind but not on the same schedule as the outer heat shield, mouthpiece,and base insulator!!!! I havent been using my herc either!!! till these parts come in, iam just looking at my herc, i miss it, but i do use it when i have lots of oil, but for a small dabs worth or .1 its making my .1 disappear without any vapor !!!!

Flintoli

Glad you're happy now. I fear you didn't pay attention to the rest of what I said? That's what they're already using, and no doubt a better grade than you're likely to be using? Not to discourage you from trying, just calling it like I see it.

I'd suggest you carefully remove the cement that's there first. It won't do any good to plaster over the weak foundation, the cracks will continue anyway. The basic problem (geometry) will remain.

Good luck.

OF
Contrary to popular belief not all forum goers are chimpanzees ;) I realize the fix is temporary, but when you gotta vape, you gotta vape. Know what im sayyyyinnnn? brapp-brapp awww yeaaa

Flintoli,

OF

Contrary to popular belief not all forum goers are chimpanzees ;) I realize the fix is temporary, but when you gotta vape, you gotta vape. Know what im sayyyyinnnn? brapp-brapp awww yeaaa

Sorry, my mistake, I thought you wanted help.

Good luck with the solder.

OF

OF,

Flintoli

Sorry, my mistake, I thought you wanted help.

Good luck with the solder.

OF
awwww OF don't be like that you just totally answered my question 100% perfect! I was just looking for a quick cheep fix not solution to the problem :)

Flintoli,

OF

awwww OF don't be like that you just totally answered my question 100% perfect! I was just looking for a quick cheep fix not solution to the problem :)

Fine, then hold off the cheap shots, OK? Nobody is treating you with any sort of disrespect I can see.

OF

OF,

Flintoli

Fine, then hold off the cheap shots, OK? Nobody is treating you with any sort of disrespect I can see.

OF

Cheep shots? I think you need to medicateeeeee haha too much forum interaction will do strange things to the mind ;) I still love you man <3

Flintoli,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ok lets clear it up again guys.

The replacement bottom insulator, outside shell, and mouth piece will be ready to be replaced by mid February.

The new heater prototype with all the fixes is in the first stage, and that is parts are being made for real world testing, this will be done end of Feb and testing starts asap. Please understand that all parts are custom made and we are trying to improve it even further.

Does anyone have ANY fixes for the 7.4 hercules? Currently my brother is sitting next to me blowing CLOUDSSSSSSSSSS out of his "Hit IT Once" pen to piss me off. He bought from a despensary today for 80 bucks.

All it is is an ego w cart with the wick removed and a metal cone that seals and directs the wax unto the heating element. FUCKING BULLSHIT! plus his batterys are variable voltage. LOL

dont worry about his pen, wait a few months and see what happens when he has to spend another $80 to get a new one.

Ok now lets start diagnosing your issue, what batteries are you using? how much are you loading? What are you loading?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Vitolo

Flintoli

ok lets clear it up again guys.

The replacement bottom insulator, outside shell, and mouth piece will be ready to be replaced by mid February.

The new heater prototype with all the fixes is in the first stage, and that is parts are being made for real world testing, this will be done end of Feb and testing starts asap. Please understand that all parts are custom made and we are trying to improve it even further.

dont worry about his pen, wait a few months and see what happens when he has to spend another $80 to get a new one.

Ok now lets start diagnosing your issue, what batteries are you using? how much are you loading? What are you loading?
I reallllly love your vapes THC and even have an incredible fix for your cartridge design(i am an engineering student). I know that my brothers vape is shit and i tell him but he just blows clouds in my face so i gave up

The problem im having is that as the heater base expands and contracts it destroys the seal and wax drips into the base. Im using AW IMR 18350 batteries and loading varying amounts, from a dab to filling it.

Also the tank design leaks which is very problematic as thats why i bought the hercules originally.

If you want an idea for a leak proof cartridge PM me to discuss.

Flintoli,

Flintoli

Im loading multiple waxes, shatters, drippy oils, and co2 budder and am very experienced when it comes to your vapes and how to hit them justtttt right ;)

A plus is that my normal carts still work great and if i use them correctly I have very minimal down to ZERO leakage, and been able to refill them 3+ times. <3

Top Bottom