Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Krazzykid

You can find them pretty easily!
6.0v is working with my set up.
Next I will give 7.4v set a go!
Again are you sure you don't have your battery numbers mixed up there? Every 18350 I have ever seen is 3.7v, not 3.0v. Typically the 3.0v is the rcr123 variety in this application.

Actually I am just going to say it, if you are using two 18350's that is 7.4v not 6v

Edit: Here are a couple of examples of what I am saying
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=18350-AW-IMR-700mAh-High-Drain
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=18350-IMR-800mAh-High-Drain
Both of those are 18350 batteries and both are 3.7v

Krazzykid,

Krazzykid

Hi. I just got a persei kit with the hercules cart 7.4 and i got a couple questions.

-Can i use 18650 on a 7.4 hercules on a persei?

-I tried using 2 18350s and it worked well, but after the batteries ran out of charge and tried charging it, it wouldnt charge. The light indicator stayed green. This was the first time using the bats out of the box. Did i get a set of DoAs?
18650 won't work for the 7.4v hercules, you have to use the 2-18350's. My guess is that you ran them too low and they are going to have to sit on the charger for a long before it will start charging them again.
You are using IMR 18350's correct? The AW IMR's are the best for the job when powering the hercules.

Krazzykid,

Dutambalu

18650 won't work for the 7.4v hercules, you have to use the 2-18350's. My guess is that you ran them too low and they are going to have to sit on the charger for a long before it will start charging them again.
You are using IMR 18350's correct? The AW IMR's are the best for the job when powering the hercules.

Yeah AW IMR's I stacked 2 18350. And i ran them out of the box. Was that a bad thing?

Dutambalu,

mrmojo62

i have a couple of thoughts/questions for G about my favorite toy EVER, the IRIS.

I see that there are symbols for temperature, are you planning to use a temp cut-off or timer? is that something that can be considered? it might help save carts from being accidentally over-driven and killed and even worse, bad tasting oil! or perhaps a surge protector, so that you can't accidentally blow a cart by going from 3.5 to 7.4v.

the second thought is, is there plans to put programs in the IRIS? i've been playing around with doing a warm up with my herc stepping up voltages every 10-15 seconds or so, (5.5v @15 sec, 6.something @15 secs and then around 7 (13+w) to rip which seems to knock me out of the water. also, could basic intro programs for 2.4 ohm carts or 5.0 ohm carts be put into IRIS so that noobs can forget the learning curve and just dive in? the sonicare toothbrush has a beginners program built in, for example, so that first time users can quickly get up to speed. i would think that the easier the learning curve, the more adoptees you can attract.

fyi, the one thing that i am finding is that 2.4 ohm carts MAY be the ultimate all-around cart. if over-driven it can put out with reasonable power, but it still sips at the batteries, and can actually be pushed rather hard before it starts to taste different. i want to try a few 3 and 4 ohm carts to see how hard they can be pushed, but the 2.4 is up there in my pantheon of gods

mrmojo62,
Reactions: Puffers

Krazzykid

Yeah AW IMR's I stacked 2 18350. And i ran them out of the box. Was that a bad thing?
They probably weren't fully charged, which would lead to them running extremely low really fast(assuming that's what happened). The types of batteries that are used in these vaporizers don't like to be ran down too far in voltage, it can have a negative impact on how many recharges you will be able to get out of them. The chargers also have a hard time recharging them when ran too low, which is why it seems like they aren't recharging. They have to slowly build up enough voltage for the charger to recognize them again and then start charging like normal.

This isn't to say they couldn't be bad batteries(it has happened before), but my money is on them just being very low voltage. For future reference always charge batteries first, and recharge them before they run completely dead.

Krazzykid,

OF

I was under the impression 18350's were 3.7v meaning two of them would actually be 7.4v(actually 8.4 fresh off the charger) not 6v?

In Li-ion chemistry, usually so. In LiFePO4 they're 3.0 Volts each and more stable. Rarely over 3.1 fully charged. And usually able to deliver more current.

18350 is just a size.

OF

OF,

Dutambalu

They probably weren't fully charged, which would lead to them running extremely low really fast(assuming that's what happened). The types of batteries that are used in these vaporizers don't like to be ran down too far in voltage, it can have a negative impact on how many recharges you will be able to get out of them. The chargers also have a hard time recharging them when ran too low, which is why it seems like they aren't recharging. They have to slowly build up enough voltage for the charger to recognize them again and then start charging like normal.

This isn't to say they couldn't be bad batteries(it has happened before), but my money is on them just being very low voltage. For future reference always charge batteries first, and recharge them before they run completely dead.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind when i purchase new batteries. I hope i didnt kill the batteries completely rendering them useless, because these are brand new

Dutambalu,

Krazzykid

In Li-ion chemistry, usually so. In LiFePO4 they're 3.0 Volts each and more stable. Rarely over 3.1 fully charged. And usually able to deliver more current.

18350 is just a size.

OF
Yes but are the LiFePO4's not referred to as CR123's? Or CR123A, RCR123A

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes but are the LiFePO4's not referred to as CR123's? Or CR123A, RCR123A
I'm using 2 x RCR123 @ 3.0V = 6.0V's (Size the same as 18630's)
Just tried 2 x AW IMR 18630 @ 3.6V = 7.4V's and a 5.0 cart!
WOW!
:clap:

PRESIDENT Wax = Top Shelf Medicine (TSM)

ataxian,
Reactions: OF

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
How would a person get oil up the center tube of a cart. My 5 ohm cart had oil there and was constantly clogging and getting a dabs worth of oil in the bottom of the mouth piece. I thought i loaded the cart wrong because when i was filling i preheated everything but the bridge on the fill tool and my oil hit the cold bridge and got stuck so i heated it with the torch to melt it down into the cart. I thought some of the oil melted around the bridge and into the tube. Last nite i am refilling and notice the little cup on the bridge of the fill tool would probably prevent that from happening. Last nite i preheated my cart and the bridge and used the torch to melt oil from the dabber it loaded very cleanly and my tubes now unclogged ....... was i hitting it wrong to suck oil up the flue :shrug:

Puffers,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
so its been near 2 weeks since asked, any words on 1701s? No impatience just curious of progress. Maybe excitedly anxious even.

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
so its been near 2 weeks since asked, any words on 1701s? No impatience just curious of progress. Maybe excitedly anxious even.

We have a small batch thats being assembled and soon will see who we want to test it out.

Also Porq you said your intake is small? mind telling me how long 1 gram of oil lasts you?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Krazzykid

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
We have a small batch thats being assembled and soon will see who we want to test it out.

Also Porq you said your intake is small? mind telling me how long 1 gram of oil lasts you?

Typically run PG, just got the girl a unit. So would say a gram of pg a month between us? About every two weeks one tinc of pg. But that varies. Its used every day, multiple times a day. With significant cloud production.

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Typically run PG, just got the girl a unit. So would say a gram of pg a month between us? About every two weeks one tinc of pg. But that varies. Its used every day, multiple times a day. With significant cloud production.

Thanks porq let me think about this a bit and see whats going on and ill get back to you, might have something thats made for you, but we have to test it out more before i can release it.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok guys update on hercules heater issues, we have the technical drawings done and will start production on the prototype parts. I think we have fixed all issues and have a few surprises if it pans out. Stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks.

Flintoli

ok guys update on hercules heater issues, we have the technical drawings done and will start production on the prototype parts. I think we have fixed all issues and have a few surprises if it pans out. Stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks.
hey THC i literally just bought a red persei and a 7.4 volt hercules. What are these heater issues your talking about? should i be worried? 0_0

Flintoli,

DubCRider

No, you are fine. There are some units that have/get two holes on the bottom ceramic piece that allow .2 to seep in to the connector. You will get sent a new one upon request once they are available.

DubCRider,
Top Bottom