1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by THC SCIENTIFIC, Jan 13, 2012.

1. oddvegan

oddvegan oddvegan

It does, thank you!

2. Symbolik

Symbolik Active Member

Does anyone know how well the herc works with ejuices?

3. Goodlife101

Goodlife101 Living The Good Life

ive never tried but i doubt well... the air intake holes would just leak it out even 100% vg super thick oil i would think would probably be too thin... unless maybe you did it drop by drop or lined the inside with SS wool to try and keep the juice from leaking??

then again ive never tried so maybe someone has done it or knows more about iit than myself. iwas speculating but now you have me curious

4. Symbolik

Symbolik Active Member

I was watching a video with THC previewing it and he said it works but he's trying to improve it, I wanna get the persei and the herc, but I'm just hoping I Don't have to buy another attachment specifically for ejuice

5. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

i wouldn't mix personally, they do make ce3 or 4 cartomizers threaded for the persei w/ hv resistance for like 10 bucks

OF likes this.
  6. Symbolik

Symbolik Active Member

Will I need an adapter for the threading with those carts?

7. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

OF likes this.
  8. Symbolik

Symbolik Active Member

Oh, duh, haha I was getting way ahead of myself. And ooh LA LA the shmancy one looks pretty slick.. I think I'm sold. :D you wouldn't happen to know what voltage would be good for this and how long the charge would last do you?

9. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

for the first one i'd venture anywhere 'tween 6 and 8v

the second will run the gammut. those multiple cores w/ multiple ohm will run from 3 to 9 i'm sure

10. Symbolik

Symbolik Active Member

I'm most likely going to get the second one ( my damn wishlist is getting more and more expensive!!!) How long will the persei last on one charge?
    P.S thanks for all your help since, finding this forum I have been convinced that this place is a godsend, everyone is so helpful!

11. tharealmclovin

tharealmclovin Well-Known Member

My iris is in house. Time to load a new 5 ohm cart.

Bob Loblaw likes this.
  12. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Astralnaut

thats a rough one, it really depends on battery config, how often ur hitting the button, type of cart, etc., etc., etc., i'd say between 1 and two hours. i always have 3 sets of batts charged, but i'm safer than sorry to the extreme

13. Symbolik

Symbolik Active Member

Sounds good, and from what I've heard there's going to be a pass through attachment coming out soon too right?

14. Symbolik

Symbolik Active Member

^ at least I think that's what you would call it, im still pretty new to vaping and everything so im not too savvy with all the lingo yet

15. tharealmclovin

First run with my iris is going well. I always disliked the chrome rings on my black persei. Not anymore. Looks super nice with the iris. I still don't like the bottom chrome though.

Using a 5 ohm cart at 5.4 - 5.5 volts to get about 5.7 amps. Which is the same as a 2.4 ohm at 3.7 volts. I'm liking it. When I need a good rip, kick it to 6.0 volts. :D

EDIT: More findings...the 3.7v Herc has resistance (1.1ohm) to low to run on the Iris top. Kinda bummed. Was hoping to dial in the voltage for herb

16. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

TRM we have used the hercules 3.7v successfully with the iris tops, whats the error it gives you when using it? what voltage you using it with?

17. tharealmclovin

It said Lo and showed the ohm symbol when I tried to power it. I tried from 3.5-4.2 using 2 full 18350 aw IMR's

EDIT: just like with the bender, I loosened it up slightly and it's working great. The only thing is now its loose so when I do the shake it rattles around.

EDIT #2: I also want to add that whoever said that it looks cheap and has a rattle...It looks pretty sturdy to me and that rattle he was hearing was the buttons moving, which is normal in most electronics

OF and Bob Loblaw like this.
  18. THC SCIENTIFIC

Yes we are working on this to resolve it for the v2 already know the culprit and will have it done on next version.

Bob Loblaw and OF like this.
  19. OF

OF Well-Known Member

This is sounding like a mechanical issue (short) to do with the connector? Don't I recall this from before with D9 products somewhere?

Otherwise, what is the cutoff resistance for Iris? And what is the normal resistance for the 3.7 Volt cart?

TIA

OF

20. THC SCIENTIFIC

The issue is something i wont discuss in public but its a upgrade thats is currently on our newer units that the older ones had that caused a lot of issues, Its an upgrade that fixes a tolerance issue with cartridges and tops.

The Herc 3.7v should be around 1.1 - 1.4 ohms

OF likes this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Thanks big guy. No need for details, glad you're on top of it. Thanks for the resistance info, I'd have expected it a bit lower than that....guess I understand now why it doesn't do oil......

OF

22. Darb

Darb Well-Known Member

What resistance should the 7.4 Herc have?

23. OF

OF Well-Known Member

This one reads 1.8 Ohms.

OF

Darb likes this.
  24. ataxian

ataxian California

I have the second HERCULES (7.4) still in the box.
    Is it ready to use or do I wait?
    In the meantime.
    6.0V and a 5.0 cart experimentation!
    [​IMG]

Bob Loblaw and Limosnero like this.
  25. icculus1985

icculus1985 Member

Any word on the replacement Hercules attachments?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors