Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

GR

you can however run at least two loads on one batt set.

Thanks Bob, not bad for most, I would need 3 sets of batteries for one sesh with one friend and have to hope nobody else popped in before the first set finish charging, lol. This is how I envision dabbing though, something about a torch and glass that reminds me of what people around me did a life time ago. A pass thru would make this work for me.

OF

Thanks Bob, not bad for most, I would need 3 sets of batteries for one sesh with one friend and have to hope nobody else popped in before the first set finish charging, lol.

No, no, no, Bro. You got it wrong again. Your friends need to have charged batteries if they want to use your vape......

Time to educate them, dude.

A cord would be nice for sure.

OF

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I have 2 x 2.4 carts in use (One Indica and one Sativa) both good for at least 200 more rips each.
3 x 5.0 carts are still in their wrappers I had 4 at one time however fried the first one when I was learning how to use my PERSEI.

I have some batteries coming that will supply 6.0V at 1500mah to use with my 5.0 carts.
My plan is to order some more 2.4's due to the extreme efficiency obtained.
However I want to try and use my 5.0 cart inventory.
I thought by operating the 5.0 carts at a lower Voltage I might stand a fighting chance?

Batteries:
AW IMR 18650 3.7V 1600mAH x 2
Trust Fire 18650 1600mAH x 1
AW IMR 18350 3.7V 700mAH x 4
Trust Fire 18350 3.7 700mAH x 2
On Order: Panosonic 3.0V 750mAH x2 (Plan to set this up with the 5.0 carts)

The ideal is to operate them at less than 7.4V in my case 6.0V's.

This is what I'm trying once the batteries arrive.
If you think this is a bad Ideal please stop me!

Ya the 5 ohm carts are beastly on 7.4. I really keep the throttle down when I use em. I pulse the heat with sub 1 second button pushes and can get monster clouds very quickly.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, using the iris eliminates the need for all that. really diggin' this top. add a speed bump or stop at top and bottom, have voltage left be the default (switch with watts) and switch between hold button and on/off and i think it'll be perfect. how 'bout you guys?

and if you didn't manage to get one of the 100 made, know that once the gen2 is released, i'll be getting rid of my gen1 ;)

OF

yea, using the iris eliminates the need for all that. really diggin' this top. add a speed bump or stop at top and bottom, have voltage left be the default (switch with watts) and switch between hold button and on/off and i think it'll be perfect. how 'bout you guys?

Still getting to know mine, need more quality time...

So far one 'fault' bothers me. Power shown is a calculation, and IMO not a very useful one. It uses the target voltage and measured resistance (at the start) to calculate the power that should be happening, not what is. Run this little test: Run your Bender, Hammer or Hercules for say 10 seconds. Notice how the power stays constant? Then power off for a second and hit it again, notice how the power is now much lower than a few seconds ago? New resistance number. This gives a huge error in the displayed power potentially. Minorly, the voltage used isn't actually measured near as I can tell, it just uses the value you dialed in.

I also had intermittent reset issues that came back to the Iris contact being further up the tube than Persei near as I can tell. I had to screw the batteries up way past flush to get it to work right. Taking the top I'd been using on Persei off and putting Iris on was a failure. This might be corrected later, for sure I see no reason to have extra length added to the Persei just to use this top (which is itself taller than Persei).

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Still getting to know mine, need more quality time...

So far one 'fault' bothers me. Power shown is a calculation, and IMO not a very useful one. It uses the target voltage and measured resistance (at the start) to calculate the power that should be happening, not what is. Run this little test: Run your Bender, Hammer or Hercules for say 10 seconds. Notice how the power stays constant? Then power off for a second and hit it again, notice how the power is now much lower than a few seconds ago? New resistance number. This gives a huge error in the displayed power potentially. Minorly, the voltage used isn't actually measured near as I can tell, it just uses the value you dialed in.

I also had intermittent reset issues that came back to the Iris contact being further up the tube than Persei near as I can tell. I had to screw the batteries up way past flush to get it to work right. Taking the top I'd been using on Persei off and putting Iris on was a failure. This might be corrected later, for sure I see no reason to have extra length added to the Persei just to use this top (which is itself taller than Persei).

OF

have noticed changes in watt and ohm numbers, but i'm not an electrician so i won't speculate. as long as i can lower my 5 ohms and switch between any cart and find that dialed in spot i'm happy. doesn't "look" good when numbers fluctuate which is one of the reasons i suggested set voltage be default, as that changes less?

i used it on the taller tube of the SS pack and had no issues. since the original persei tube is adjustable, this shouldn't be an issue, either?

Bob Loblaw,

oddvegan

oddvegan
My persei with hercules arrived today...I am exstatic....in my excitement I charged the 2 3.4 batteries first and they are charged and despite my plans of starting slow I jumped in with the 7.4 hercules with some nice herb and I am more than satisfied with the effects!
I filled a 2.4 chamber with some nice wax and it seemed to go well. Now I have the 3.7 battery charging so tomorrow will be the test with extract. Have been wanting a good result with a portable with herbs and this does it, I pull really carefully till the taste of vapor and release the button and press it when it seems a bit more heat is needed. I vaped 3 chambers and am satiated and there was no combustion only green remnants! Light vape with great taste and effeicient too. Great first experience for me!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My persei with hercules arrived today...I am exstatic....in my excitement I charged the 2 3.4 batteries first and they are charged and despite my plans of starting slow I jumped in with the 7.4 hercules with some nice herb and I am more than satisfied with the effects!
I filled a 2.4 chamber with some nice wax and it seemed to go well. Now I have the 3.7 battery charging so tomorrow will be the test with extract. Have been wanting a good result with a portable with herbs and this does it, I pull really carefully till the taste of vapor and release the button and press it when it seems a bit more heat is needed. I vaped 3 chambers and am satiated and there was no combustion only green remnants! Light vape with great taste and effeicient too. Great first experience for me!
So cool!

ataxian,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Questions for All.

Just got the stealth full size tube... why is it so low? the battery wiggles around alot. sometimes missing contact. using 18650 and there are no adjustments.

Also, how does honeycomb crumble and blueberry "goo" (not really a goo. more like a crumble/wax/uhhh havent tried yet) work in persei carts? No idea what consistencies (or full melt vs part melt) are exactly just they look similar, one is blonde and one is mild green. only have .5 each.

Have the LV dart, which would be better? LV dart on persei or persei cart. for use with these two types of waxish shite.

Anyone Comment?

Porquiplane,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Questions for All.

Just got the stealth full size tube... why is it so low? the battery wiggles around alot. sometimes missing contact. using 18650 and there are no adjustments.

Also, how does honeycomb crumble and blueberry "goo" (not really a goo. more like a crumble/wax/uhhh havent tried yet) work in persei carts? No idea what consistencies (or full melt vs part melt) are exactly just they look similar, one is blonde and one is mild green. only have .5 each.

Have the LV dart, which would be better? LV dart on persei or persei cart. for use with these two types of waxish shite.

Anyone Comment?
I use similar waxes with my PERSEI and a 2.4V cart and a 18650 AW IMR 3.7V Battery.
So many rips!!!!

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
What about the carts VS the dart LV, which would be better to use them with?

And any comment on the stealth tube just BARELY making contact. Feel the older tube was better/more reliable?

Porquiplane,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
What about the carts VS the dart LV, which would be better to use them with?

And any comment on the stealth tube just BARELY making contact. Feel the older tube was better/more reliable?
I haven't had any trouble at all with the 2.4 Carts and PERSEI.
I don't have a DART.
I wouldn't know about the stealth tube?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Porq you might have an issue with the bottom spring, can you take a picture and send it to me via pm?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
okay so a couple questions on the herc... from what i think i was reading from G you want the oil to be vaped as its coming out of the tank on the rod but I think maybe the wax i have is too gooey or liquidy and i can't seem to keep it in there as soon as it gets hot even if i try and just keep pulling till its cold all the extract is still around the heater or idk maybe it's in the tank and i just can't see it cuz it has seeped in? either way i can still get clouds I just think I see the difference in power needed. when it is a fresh load that i can tell is dripping down on to the rod the clouds come very quickly like 7 seconds the first couple.. then i feel like it all melts down and i can get it up to high temp because i have already taken the first 2-3 hits so it is "primed" i guess in a word. but then as soon as i stop hitting and cool it down theres never any oil left in the tank just around the rod.. so another session on this oil from cold takes about 30 seconds to get to rockin temp. also is the herc intended for extreme continuious use like that? is there anything under the rod and heater that I have to worry about getting to hot or offgassing? (since i think many have found their heatears have holes in them or aren't sealed correctly is anyone concerned with that?) I am still using just a silicone nipple from the Supreme for the mouth piece with no shield because im afraid of melting plastic (OCD i know...) but I was wondering even the silicone if it is getting too hot I need to take a temp readout of th external of the cart to b sure but i think the Supreme silicone should hold up for now.. Did everyone who boiled their herc get those holes by the rods? I did like a 5 minute simmer with dry fires and I didn't get them but i feel like maybe i didnt boil to point i was supposed to, it almost makes me feel like theres somethig wrong with mine because they didnt form and I just want to check that that is safe too (i think i burned of any grease or chems with some dry fires an that simmer i dont notice any crazy tastes. anyways sorry for the list of questions help to any of them would be great... I love this thing it def has opened me up to waxes and concentrates

Goodlife101,

Limosnero

Update on "The Core" & replacement parts for the Hercules? I've been stuck a home for 4 months now cause of a medical condition and really just sick of charging batteries,

Limosnero,
Reactions: r0me

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
G, turned out a simple viewing of the spring revealed an overcompressed spring. Stretched it some and its allowing the batt to sit much better. Still more wiggle room(diameter difference?) in the stealth tube vs the original, but thats very minor.

oddvegan

oddvegan
Wax in the 2.4 chamber works like a charm first try, priming took a little longer than i expected but it got going really well and I have been using it throughout the day now. Switching off with herb in the Hercules. I'm loving this!

I do have a question , i have not found anywhere information on how to fill the oil chamber on the 7.4 Hercules, can anyone help me out with this info? Or a tip on where to find it?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

oddvegan,

tharealmclovin

My iris is out for delivery again after being sent back to sender. Hoping that I get mine today, did we ever get a full list of functions with the iris? I saw it before but was not sure if that list was complete.

I do have a question , i have not found anywhere information on how to fill the oil chamber on the 7.4 Hercules, can anyone help me out with this info? Or a tip on where to find it?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

I take a .2-.3 ball of wax and just toss it in the tank. With softer oils, I use a dabber and wipe it onto the side o the tank.

Hope that helps.

tharealmclovin,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
yeah same i just use the scooper and drop it in. mclovin does your oil stay in the tank though? did you read my above post im just trying to make sure I have this thing figured out as well

Goodlife101,

tharealmclovin

I load it into the tank. When hearing it goes through the tank a d onto the heater base and rod. My technique is once its down that low, I give a quick big hit to "sip" it up the rod. Once it starts with vapor, I hit lightly.

I used to hit it full force the whole time, until I saw that one user who posted their melted mouthpiece from sucking too hard.

So now I just suck hard to get the vapor started. Once started I get 2-3 good hits before it cools.

EDIT: 15-30 second warm up is necesary for the first hit. After that its much quicker.

tharealmclovin,

tharealmclovin

First thing I see that you are doing wrong is no heat shield. That is what holds the heat in your herc. Don't worry about melting. That was one or 2 cases. Just watch closely.

tharealmclovin,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
the heat doesn't seem to be too big of an improvement with/without the heat shield I might be draining my batts a little quicker but i like it without the heat shield and it is easy to see if it leaks and quick to clean... ill do some more testing with it on but it didn't seem to make that big of a diff. even with the shield on i am not using the Mouth piece just in case (just put the supreme silicone on the outide top of the heat shield

Goodlife101,

tharealmclovin

Yeah I bet yours is working the same. Just like you said, without the heat shield, you may be draining batteries quicker.

With the herc being so new still, people are still perfecting technique. Hell, wait til you try the 3.7 herc for herb. It's like WTF this thing doesn't work, then you get it and its like. WTF this thing is amazing.

Everyone's input helps, especially out of the box thinkers like yourself. :D

Also can't wait to try my 3.7 v herc with the iris. Will higher voltage mess it up?

tharealmclovin,

oddvegan

oddvegan
My iris is out for delivery again after being sent back to sender. Hoping that I get mine today, did we ever get a full list of functions with the iris? I saw it before but was not sure if that list was complete.

I take a .2-.3 ball of wax and just toss it in the tank. With softer oils, I use a dabber and wipe it onto the side o the tank.

Hope that helps.
It does, thank you!

oddvegan,
Top Bottom