Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Persei Double Trouble
Still1-1.gif
This is awesome!
Crazy cool!
i BOUGHT THESE COOL TIPS for using the Double Tip.
I want to try it even though "OF" recommends against it.
My wax, budder, honeycomb was stocked up for my new HERCULES.
Since it is delayed I thought about practicing.
Question for Vitolo:

What is the best combination for Double Tip Operation?

7.4V (2 x battery's)- 5.0 carts?

I have one free hour this morning.
Please advise!
Until I hear back it's my 2.4 single and LA Budder

I like Flowers however I love Concentrates!

The LA budder and 2.4 cart on a PERSEI!
O my goodness!

OF might be giving me some sound advice?

ataxian,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is awesome!
Crazy cool!
i BOUGHT THESE COOL TIPS for using the Double Tip.
I want to try it even though "OF" recommends against it.
My wax, budder, honeycomb was stocked up for my new HERCULES.
Since it is delayed I thought about practicing.
Question for Vitolo:

What is the best combination for Double Tip Operation?

7.4V (2 x battery's)- 5.0 carts?

I have one free hour this morning.
Please advise!
Until I hear back it's my 2.4 single and LA Budder
I actually use two 2.4 carts with 7v... I try to be sure the 7 v is diminishing(slightly weaker)
I am delicate with the button... and do short hits... like the "nasal" one you saw me do in the GIF.
For carefree hits, I use two 4 ohm carts with 7.4
I do not know why... I have had bad luck with 3 ohm carts.

Vitolo,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I actually use two 2.4 carts with 7v... I try to be sure the 7 v is diminishing(slightly weaker)
I am delicate with the button... and do short hits... like the "nasal" one you saw me do in the GIF.
Should I order a battery 6.0 volts and some 4.0 carts?

ataxian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
for 6 volts the 4 ohms surely wont provide the blast of 7.4 with 4 ohms
the 4 ohm carts seem to last well.
I would not want to make a recommendation that might not pan out for you.
We each work ourselves (and our techniques) up to the "mix"(voltage vs. Ohmage)that we use.
I will say that 6 v and 4 ohms sure sounds like a safe match
kind of similar to 3.7 v and 2.4 Ohms!

Vitolo,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
for 6 volts the 4 ohms surely wont provide the blast of 7.4 with 4 ohms
the 4 ohm carts seem to last well.
I would not want to make a recommendation that might not pan out for you.
We each work ourselves (and our techniques) up to the "mix"(voltage vs. Ohmage)that we use.
I will say that 6 v and 4 ohms sure sounds like a safe match
kind of similar to 3.7 v and 2.4 Ohms!
2.4 * 2 on 7.4v I have or 5.0. * 2 on 7.4v?
So the 5.0 carts that come with the unit are worthless?

ataxian,

tharealmclovin

Don't use 5 ohm until you are experienced. They are heavy hitters but can frustrate new users. Too much heat when you don't know the signs to look for

kendo916

im havin problems fully charging my batts. the light on the charger wont turn green it will just turn off is that normal

kendo916,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Don't use 5 ohm until you are experienced. They are heavy hitters but can frustrate new users. Too much heat when you don't know the signs to look for
OK I bought 2 PERSEI's that both came with dual tops and 5.0 carts.
You're telling me not until I am experienced?
Why doesn't Delta 9 sell the PERSIE with 2.5 carts and no Dual Top?
Back in 1977 when I lived on the North Shore of Oahu and surfed PIPELINE daily I had no experience.
What can it hurt to try?
How do you get experience without doing?
Do they have classes at BERKLEY in PERSIE TECHNOLOGY?
MAYBE A PHD in Vaporizing?

I should have bought a GPEN instead?
The GPEN tasted like plastic.
PERSEI great flavor.
You can't discourage me!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Back in 1977 when I lived on the North Shore of Oahu and surfed PIPELINE daily I had no experience.
What can it hurt to try?

That's just one persons opinion , id say give her a whirl, how else do we all learn! I like your way of thinking!

BLAZING OG,

OF

That's just one persons opinion , id say give her a whirl, how else do we all learn! I like your way of thinking!

NO!!! That advice is the universal consensus around here. Huge difference. Even guys getting good results with standard carts at 3.7 Volts get themselves in trouble with burnt oil and leaks (even both sometimes....). It is not something to be casually ventured into IMO.

We understand the lust for bigger clouds, but don't think this is a shortcut worthy of recommendation.

You ask for advice from those who know. When they give it......that's another way of learning without having to make the same mistakes. Your call.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
NO!!! That advice is the universal consensus around here. Huge difference. Even guys getting good results with standard carts at 3.7 Volts get themselves in trouble with burnt oil and leaks (even both sometimes....). It is not something to be casually ventured into IMO.

We understand the lust for bigger clouds, but don't think this is a shortcut worthy of recommendation.

You ask for advice from those who know. When they give it......that's another way of learning without having to make the same mistakes. Your call.

OF
OF I have the greatest respect for BUBBA (Tharealmclovin) and yourself.

baltik

I'm torn between getting the v2.5 vs the Persei - I plan on using this as my "active" vape
So primarily snowboarding and mountain biking.

The v2.5 is appealing due to the smaller form factor which is obviously a big deal for me, but I am concerned about cartridge reliability (flying to chase powder for 3-4 nights and having a cartridge fail on me due to burnout). My other concern is if I will find the vapor satisfying on a stock v2.4 cartridge, I know that I can always step up to 1.5ohm but given this will be getting passed amongst my buddies I think it makes sense to stick to a "safe" cartridge.

The Persei is obviously a little taller and quite a bit thicker, so not quite as pocketable for snowboarding - However I know vapor quality won't be an issue and from what I understand the Hercules cartridge should address burnout/reliability issues...

thoughts ideas?

baltik,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
OF i was hoping to have a quick answer to play around for some fun while i had an hour to kill.
i just wanted to try the dual tip feature when i had the chance.
OK Now I'm going on 500 hits and this BUDDER LA Confidential will not stop producing these thick white vapor clouds. im not looking for them. however the flavor is crazy good.
I'm just super stoked on how well my PERSEI works.
Hopefully I will find a free minute to set up a dual rig.
i'll just have figure it out myself.

kind regard

I'm torn between getting the v2.5 vs the Persei - I plan on using this as my "active" vape

The v2.5 is appealing due to the smaller form factor which is obviously a big deal for me, but I am concerned about cartridge reliability (flying to chase powder for 3-4 nights and having a cartridge fail on me due to burnout). My other concern is if I will find the vapor satisfying on a stock v2.4 cartridge, I know that I can always step up to 1.5ohm but given this will be getting passed amongst my buddies I think it makes sense to stick to a "safe" cartridge.

The Persei is obviously a little taller and quite a bit thicker, so not quite as pocket-able for snowboarding - However I know vapor quality won't be an issue and from what I understand the Hercules cartridge should address burnout/reliability issues...

thoughts ideas?
k
I'm a newbie to this 420 Medical law however i have been trying so many portables.
for concentrates the PERSEI is the best purchased to date thus far.

Modnote: I have merged several of your back to back threads - Please refrain from creating back to back threads and use the edit function in the future.

ataxian,
Reactions: OF

Vitolo

Vaporist
I should have bought a GPEN instead?
The GPEN tasted like plastic.
PERSEI great flavor.
You can't discourage me!
No you should not have bought a G pen
about the reasons for the various carts...
Let me explain in other terms...
These guys wanted to allow us the most versatility.. and allow a little wiggle room for those of the vaporists out there with the "balls" (or extra cash) to experiment with resitance versus voltage... and what they did for those with doubts.... was provide that chart... that shows using red and green dots, what the safe zone is... to keep at a level.
Reasons?
Should one finish experimenting with a certain battery voltage and seeing how sizzling of a hit they can get.... they go back to regular use.....(maybe)
NEXT..... you want to do some hits, but do not want to test or play around... just regular hits (ie: 2.4 Ohm/3.7V) you can use the various battery configurations, ... and say for example you are out of 2.4 Ohm carts.... you use the chart and your experience, and use a different Ohm cart... by upping the voltage....
Room to play, and knowledge to balance the act for normal good hits.
This is a "multi level Oil vape pen, with varying capabilities and powers", that is geared for you to
Find the power level and resistance you like best..... and from then on stick with your favorite and order just this... or be comfortable fluctuating.
A Techno Geek Medical/Recreational Tool that becomes a little something different for everyone who embraces it~

OF

Howdy. Good question, IMO. I think I'd suggest Persei if you can live with the size (which I think is really not that much bigger in a coat pocket). I think, as you point out, that the extra power would come in handy. Not only for fighting balky carts, but also providing for more friends than expected.....wouldn't want to be the kind of host to ration power now would you?

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Howdy. Good question, IMO. I think I'd suggest Persei if you can live with the size (which I think is really not that much bigger in a coat pocket). I think, as you point out, that the extra power would come in handy. Not only for fighting balky carts, but also providing for more friends than expected.....wouldn't want to be the kind of host to ration power now would you?

OF
i'd agree, 'specially if ya get the SS add on. makes for a shorty and fatty omicron that has more batt life than an hvd and comparable to omi. as a boarder, i haven't had problems with either, just keep it close to the body and keep your heart rate up on the run. hit it on the chair lift and your golden

StepInToSpace

I've got up snowboarding with my Persei twice this season. It is awesome. No more worrying about loading a bowl, lighting a lighter, taking off gloves (when its cold). I keep it in a pocket by my chest and it's not an issue. It's not too big for a winter coat and if it is, remove the cartridge and it definitely won't be a nuisance .

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
No you should not have bought a G pen
about the reasons for the various carts...
Let me explain in other terms...
These guys wanted to allow us the most versatility.. and allow a little wiggle room for those of the vaporists out there with the "balls" (or extra cash) to experiment with resitance versus voltage... and what they did for those with doubts.... was provide that chart... that shows using red and green dots, what the safe zone is... to keep at a level.
Reasons?
Should one finish experimenting with a certain battery voltage and seeing how sizzling of a hit they can get.... they go back to regular use.....(maybe)
NEXT..... you want to do some hits, but do not want to test or play around... just regular hits (ie: 2.4 Ohm/3.7V) you can use the various battery configurations, ... and say for example you are out of 2.4 Ohm carts.... you use the chart and your experience, and use a different Ohm cart... by upping the voltage....
Room to play, and knowledge to balance the act for normal good hits.
This is a "multi level Oil vape pen, with varying capabilities and powers", that is geared for you to
Find the power level and resistance you like best..... and from then on stick with your favorite and order just this... or be comfortable fluctuating.
A Techno Geek Medical/Recreational Tool that becomes a little something different for everyone who embraces it~
thank you!
tomorrow morning next try.
the 2.4 cart is still going?
i have some grams of GHOST to try out.
here in Southern California so many varieties to investigate!

tharealmclovin

What can it hurt to try?

1. I cant determine your experience. Just saying 5 ohm is for experienced users.
2. I wonder the same thing myself. I would like to see a mix in the package.
3. If you want to try it make sure you prime very well @ 3.7 volts and feather the button @ 7.4.

Here is my story...Had Omicron V1, had trouble went to 1.5's to compensate for my lack of experience. I quickly fried my oil and it tasted like crap and leaked. I went back to 2.4's and perfected my technique. After that I could blow bong size hits with the stock 2.4. I then got the V2 HVD, I then got the Persei and did the same thing but with 5 ohm. Fried a few carts, burnt oil, leaked everywhere, hot oil in my mouth, etc.

Now Im not saying I cant use those High power carts. In fact for awhile I prefered them. But I always go back to good old dependable 2.4 @ 3.7 cuz I KNOW THE WORK PERFECT WITH PROPER TECHNIQUE. I still have a 5 ohm loaded to knock people on their ass, but I always have a 2.4 on my Persei.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys remember when we first manufactured the PErsei it was for people who already had 2.4's rather then include extra 2.4's in the package we decided to give the already Omicron owner 5.0's instead, because they can already use the 2.4's they had when they got with the Omicron with Persei at 3.7v.

But yes the 5.0's are for experienced people i would say. Someone who just buys it and jumps into it will get a tough time learning and will have a really bad impression.

baltik

i'd agree, 'specially if ya get the SS add on. makes for a shorty and fatty omicron that has more batt life than an hvd and comparable to omi. as a boarder, i haven't had problems with either, just keep it close to the body and keep your heart rate up on the run. hit it on the chair lift and your golden

Ok - So i've been wondering about this shorty configuration.. I noticed the SS kit comes with 2 tubes, is the 18350 tube it comes with also shorter? Or just the single 18350 tube? Pics would be helpful

baltik,

DubCRider

The long tube in the SS kit is shorter. Picture the standard tube cut off at the base of the ring.

DubCRider,
So I got 4 ohm carts in addition to the 5 ohms that come included on order. Would I be better off with the 2.4? arrgh. It's almost too many options but I'm not complaining. Just don't want to waste hard earned money.

Medical420MI,
Top Bottom