Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

slozukimc

@slozukimc you sir should get a noble piece prize, because that is one of the craziest pieces I have seen.

@THC SCIENTIFIC Glad you like it. I had way too many Persei and an imagination. I need more tubes to make another. I will add more pics too.
It also unthreads in the middle so it can be carried in a cue stick bag.

Thanks for the compliment!

itschad

id do anything to understand why on one of my 8's i get perfectly amazing rips from the AC2, the kiss mini, and the AC3

and on my other 8 i get perfectly amazing rips from the AC2 and kiss mini but cannot get the AC3 to even defrost

itschad,

slozukimc

Text me when you have time to troubleshoot that 8. It’s no more than a switch so it has to be a connection issue. I would guess it has to do with the cart in the V3 drawing more current and causing the poor connection to fail.

The only time I have to tinker with anything on the 8 is when I change accessories and have to adjust the center contact post height.

Last edited:

Fairwayman

cool thankks ill check it out. at this point i just want a device that will actually work consistently without needing to be screwed around with for 10 minutes literally every time i touch it. hopefully someone out there will have enough interest in this crap that I can recoup some small amount of the cash ive wasted

Fairwayman,

Fairwayman

Fwiw I have a Wismec RX200 which I use with my herc. It's a triple 18650 mod with adjustable tcr, is available dirt cheap, and works very well. Some may argue it is too big, but I carry two of them because I don't wear bitchass skinny jeans.

I use a TCR of 138, temp set to 420f, wattage at 24.6. Flavor is unparalleled, no scorching, and less likely to dump everything to the claim chamber than running in straight wattage mode. It does wattage mode fine though, if that is your preference.

Rx 230 here, awesome on 14 w
Paired with SV4 atoms shatter

Fairwayman,
Reactions: Sensibc

Sensibc

After considerable use, I have a bit of feedback.

As an experienced e-juice vaper I am quite familiar with this type of equipment and I have a bit of a grievance with the Herc's insulator design. Specifically, when assembled the center of the 510 pin (on both the heater chamber as well as the plastic base) is at best flush with the 510 threads and at worst the pin is ever so slightly recessed.

This is a problem, and a potentially dangerous one.

The center pin should always extend ever so slightly, (.5mm or so) and should not be able to be screwed down to the point it is flush with the threads. On a good day, the way it is, the current insulators result in intermittent connectivity problems, especially after reloading. It's not terribly difficult to get going again, but it requires partial disassembly and fiddling with the screws which can be a royal pain in the ass if you reloaded just before heading out the door. That is an annoyance that could easily be remedied with a slight redesign of the insulator to make it a bit taller.

On a regulated mod, this is an annoyance, however if someone unfamiliar with vaping were to screw this atomizer onto a mod with a hybrid top cap they are guaranteed to vent their battery, potentially resulting in injury, property damage, or both.

I realize that no one is suggesting users pair their herc with an unregulated mod that has a hybrid top cap, so hopefully no one has experienced a catastrophic battery failure, but people are sometimes uninformed or outright stupid. Best to plan for the lowest common denominator.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but I feel like this is an issue in need of address. At worst it may be dangerous, but to me it often is just a PITA.

Aside from that, and the stretched and chewed up threads on my plastic heat shield base which were like that on arrival, I really like the herc.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@geetimesthree unfortunately the Hercules is as low as we can go for it’s price.

If you use the coupon code w9tech you can get an additional 10% off.

Hope that helps.

@senscibc I appreciate the feedback. The reason the base is designed that way, because a while ago (before current mods where on the market) mods didn’t have an self adjusting center pin, we made it so that the base can be adjusted.

Currently the Hercules is designed in a way that it is impossible aside from the heater failing to not get it working.

Unfortunately we can’t nerf our product because someone is putting out unregulated mods, or hybrid tops. Please do not blame our product for a power source that has no built in safety features.

As for the bad threads have you contacted our support when you received it?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: PPN

Sensibc

Making a safe 510 connector is not nerfing the product, it's simply the way things should be done. Add .5mm more material to the insulator, the pin sticks out, no more shorts, done deal. You would have still had all of the adjustability you would have had otherwise, but it would be far less likely to create a dead short at the connector. This is definitely why people have constant connectivity issues with the product as it retails today. The ability to "get it going" again is great, but if I end up throwing it out the window because it's constantly frustrating me, it's all for naught.

I'm not entirely sure when you released the 510 version of the herc offhand, but aside from mechanical mods, every regulated mod sold in recent memory has come equipped with a self adjusting connector. From the cheapest of the cheap, to the most expensive custom box mods. We're talking for years and years here, self adjusting contacts have been the standard. I could maybe understand the rationale if we were talking your "proprietary" 601 connectors and your own in house mech mod, but this is a 510 atty intended for use with other manufacturers mods. You should have done a better job making a safe and functional connector, and washing your hands of the responsibility isn't doing anyone any favors, if I'm honest. Also, lest we forget, the current heat shield bottom connector is on it's second or third iteration. You went spring loaded contacts, then went to a standard format, and I can guarantee self adjusting contacts on mods were the norm by then. In the long run even adding a couple of washers made of a heat resistant non conductive material would be a cheaper and easier solution than pretending the problem doesn't exist.

Real talk here. I've read this thread from beginning to end. Twice, actually. A common theme is you trying to explain away obvious issues in design and/or production, always deflecting responsibility away from your products and yourself. I get it, to a point. You work hard at this, and sometimes it's hard to admit we're not perfect, especially when we tried so darn hard at something and we thought we had it nailed. It's probably pretty frustrating too, because a lot of the end users you have to work with are likely the cause of their own problems much of the time as this is not second nature to them as it might be for you or I. If a huge chunk of your correspondence is with "noobs" it's easy to gloss over real problems after a while, because you start to assume nobody has any idea what they are talking about. Again, I get it, but it's this type of mentality that has ostracized some of your biggest supporters over the years.

You work hard to innovate. You stand behind your products and offer nearly real-time support via this forum, by email, by phone, providing real customer service. These are all commendable traits, but if you're unable or unwilling to accept that the results of your efforts are sometimes less than perfect, your company isn't nearly as top-tier as you think it is, with all respect.

My .02, fwiw.

If this sounds unduly harsh, my apologies, I've been up all night with a grumpy infant and that unfortunately sometimes leads to a grumpy adult. I do respect you, your work, your company, and your products. I do like my herc, but perfect it is not. Neither am I, but that's for another forum.

As for the threads, I didn't bother complaining. It's still functional, so not worth shipping back. I probably wouldn't have mentioned it had I not had some thoughts about the connector.

Last edited:

slozukimc

Been using a Smok AL85 mod with my SR71 and I like it a lot. It is a bit more compact than the evic vtc dual I have been using.
Been using temp mode and I realize the numbers aren’t accurate but it works. Settings are strength 50w, tc-ti, .00235 and 270-310degrees depending on taste. This is with the black rod I believe. It reads .91ohm most of the time. Holy fuck does it work! Set at 50w it makes instant vapor and fills the nibbler in about 2 seconds with a light draw. 4 or 5 seconds is like hitting a dab rig. With the tc regulating the power it tastes great too. Another benefit is I think that heating the oil faster makes for less heat transfer to the body of the Herc so there is less leaking into the reclaim chamber.

@THC SCIENTIFIC thanks again for making the Herc series. The SR71 is still my favorite. 50w on a portable is amazing. I wonder just what the rod is capable of......

slozukimc,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

slozukimc

Leave sitting on shelf until upgrade because the threading is opposite of every device and it can't handle low ohms.
:bang::rofl::doh::shrug:
Not helpful. It works just fine with Bender and the Hercules. Some of us have 601 thread attachments and will be sad if the new Persei/IrisV2 is only 510 thread.
I just want the manual for the hell of having the info more than needing it. Maybe I am missing a feature. Lol

slozukimc,

tharealmclovin

No user guide available that I know of. SOmewhere in this 1300 pages lies a few posts with a few button clicks. I have not used mine in years so I don't remember them. By the looks of EVERYTHING ON THEIR SITE CHANGING TO 510, I doubt the Persei and iris are any different.

jsnstanley

Let’s support and promote this so we can look forward to more innovative technology to be held but also the most precision battery device to be made specifically for “us”…. the newest Persei dedicated to “our”, everybody’s BEST interest in using medicinal quality materials. Thank you G @THC SCIENTIFIC, W9tech.com

Tomfool86

thats about the only issue i have with W9tech. Ive had my sights set on the new persei since first hearing about it FOREVER ago. i actually put off ordering a new mod a while back because the new persei would be out "soon." i didnt know what "soon" meant to W9tech at the time. i just like honesty. however all this is, is an annoyance. its definitely not going to keep me from buying if/when it does come out.

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
I have a ton of respect for @SamuraiSam and @THC SCIENTIFIC its great to see you guys get together again to unveil such an amazing device I found myself wanting one really bad but I haven’t been able to vape for a long while now but I may have to start up again lol hell I still need 510 adapters for my hercs might need to make an order

hypez604

So far so good ;]

Evic basic doesn't last long though haha I'm "forced" to use the VTC dual. I think I like the dual TI sic and quartz heaters the most so far, but it's a bit early to judge overall. Also haven't tried using the little insertable ti sponges yet.

hypez604,

slozukimc

Relaxing for the evening enjoying fresh pressed rosin in the SR-71 on the 8 with 2 18650’s and Nibbler.
Call it old tech or whatever but in my opinion it still the best portable out there.
Damn! Nothing tastes as good as good rosin in a clean Herc.

Thanks again G! @THC SCIENTIFIC

Edit: Forgot to add.....the Herc doesn’t care about particulates in Rosin like a cartridge does. A nice plus.

Top Bottom