Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Anyone having issues with leaks from the bottom of their Trinity cart? I keep finding a drop on the connector pin on my device or in the bottom of the storage tubes I carry them in? The material I have been using is a thin like distillate. It moves around easily at room temp. @THC SCIENTIFIC Do I just need to thicken this up a bit? If so, can I just put it in a glass vial with some wax or shatter and apply low heat (probably just put the jar on the rosin press) like I would with terps and wax? I hate waste so its driving ne nuts to see the little leak everytime I go for a session. I do love the cart so far though. No issues with air flow, temp control or anything besides the little bottom leak really.

OF

Anyone having issues with leaks from the bottom of their Trinity cart? I keep finding a drop on the connector pin on my device or in the bottom of the storage tubes I carry them in?

No leaks (at least I don't think so) but condensate does collect at the bottom of the tube, on top of the 'battery' button in the connector and makes it 'gurgle' on the draws? I say it's not leaks because if I clean it up and leave it sit for a couple of days no leaks. Use it and oil builds up in the flue. It's related to use, not time. And seems worse if stored upright?

With Omicron this is routed back to the tank past the bridge that supports the flue. With Trinity that's not possible.

As it builds up, hot droplets also seem to hit my tongue. This is confirmed by the WT I rigged here:
CdfCNAm.jpg

When the flue fouls with concentrate (and I'd otherwise get tiny hot dabs on my tongue) the glass surface above the MP collects a lump of concentrate which, I think, confirms this?

This is a waste of concentrate. A smaller percentage of the THC in big drops will make it to your blood (and thus to useful service) and it will get there later (through digestion, not absorption in the lungs) than it would if we had appropriately sized particles (few microns) instead.

FWIW some strains seem worse than others? Specifically CO2 oils seem 'worse' in this respect?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@nosmoking this can be caused by a few things.

1. Accidentally blowing vapor back into the cartridge easily remedied by holding a continuous straight to lung hit and keep hitting few seconds after letting go of the button.

2. Not properly cooling it down. Remember that The SiC stays warm for a while and needs to be cooled down. A draw back for using materials of this sort.

Please try these techniques and report back after cleaning.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I did hear a sort of bubbling/slurping/glug noise when I used it once or twice and immediately started worrying that it was leaking, but I didn't see anything coming out of any of the air inlet holes or the center mp hole. I've only used it 2-3 times so far though. I still periodically check and haven't seen any leaking, I store it upright off the vape.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!

1. Accidentally blowing vapor back into the cartridge easily remedied by holding a continuous straight to lung hit and keep hitting few seconds after letting go of the button.

2. Not properly cooling it down. Remember that The SiC stays warm for a while and needs to be cooled down. A draw back for using materials of this sort.

It is neither of these. It is leaking only when stored or left on the device. I have taken the cart out of the storage tube (basically a cart sized doob tube) and saw the leaked drop on the bottom of the inside of the tube (note it is not a continous flow leak but a drop basically) and you can see some distillate in the bottom of the cart. I can clear that bit out just by pulling/dry hitting on the cart without it hooked up to a battery. I assume its just going back into the heater portion of the cart. Then I can put it right back in the storage tube with no usage still only to find it has leaked a drop again. This is all without using the cart at all which is why I say the 2 issues you mention are not related to my specific problem.

I have tried storing upright and sideways yet either way I still manage to find this occuring.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
It is neither of these. It is leaking only when stored or left on the device. I have taken the cart out of the storage tube (basically a cart sized doob tube) and saw the leaked drop on the bottom of the inside of the tube (note it is not a continous flow leak but a drop basically) and you can see some distillate in the bottom of the cart. I can clear that bit out just by pulling/dry hitting on the cart without it hooked up to a battery. I assume its just going back into the heater portion of the cart. Then I can put it right back in the storage tube with no usage still only to find it has leaked a drop again. This is all without using the cart at all which is why I say the 2 issues you mention are not related to my specific problem.

I have tried storing upright and sideways yet either way I still manage to find this occuring.

Are you using a TC mod?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: nosmoking

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Are you using a TC mod?
I am not really sure what that has to do with anything. Last night I filled the Trinity cart and put it in the storage tube. Today when I went to use it for the first time since filling it and I couldnt get it out of the tube which was a brand new tube. I had to shake the tube upside down because that little drop that gets out was holding the cart from falling out. No battery or device caused this. It is purely between the cart and the material in the cart.

But for reference, I use an Evic vTwo Mini in TCR mode to the same settings you and @OF have previously disccused in this thread.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I am not really sure what that has to do with anything. Last night I filled the Trinity cart and put it in the storage tube. Today when I went to use it for the first time since filling it and I couldnt get it out of the tube which was a brand new tube. I had to shake the tube upside down because that little drop that gets out was holding the cart from falling out. No battery or device caused this. It is purely between the cart and the material in the cart.

But for reference, I use an Evic vTwo Mini in TCR mode to the same settings you and @OF have previously disccused in this thread.

The reason i ask is you might be using same setting as OF but could be difference in oil's. What im trying to see if the temperatures are enough to vaporize everything in the vaporization chamber, if there is residue left behind this could be what is being draining down.

I just want to get an idea what steps you are using and what devices to see what could be the cause of the leak.

Lets start over.

Please let me know exactly what type of oil you are using, how much terps is being added to it, how long you wait before filling the oil after adding the terps. If no terpenes is being introduced what is the terpene content of the tank.

Now as far as usage, are you pulling then pushing button then continue to pull after letting go of the button?

How warm is it where you are storing the carts at? How runny is the oil.

I have more questions and since i cant see your oil or not able to get the same oil to test the more answers you give me can help us figure out the issue. I appreciate the feedback.

Last question you said you use distillate like material and that you can thicken it up, this leads me to believe that you used Terpenes to thin it out or something else. Is this the case?

OF

I am not really sure what that has to do with anything. Last night I filled the Trinity cart and put it in the storage tube. Today when I went to use it for the first time since filling it and I couldnt get it out of the tube which was a brand new tube.

You filled it, but never used it? Can't be condensate like I think I'm getting sometimes. Any chance pressure is building in the tank after you cork it up? If it's a true leak it should vary with pressure and with temperature to the extent that effects viscosity. Otherwise it should be linear over time. That is a drop overnight should also mean two or 3 drops per day, over a dozen in a week.

Most carts seem to leak most when hot. If you're seeing Trinity leak without heat that sounds like a problem indeed. For sure not what I'm seeing. Or think I'm seeing......

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@OF I also believe that pressure is being built up in the tank when Excessive Terpenes are introduced.

This is easily remedied by unscrewing the mouth piece a bit to release pressure or letting you oil sit for a few days up to 2 weeks before inserting into tank. That is how most prefilled tanks are. They allow the pressure to dissipate before adding to tank.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The reason i ask is you might be using same setting as OF but could be difference in oil's. What im trying to see if the temperatures are enough to vaporize everything in the vaporization chamber, if there is residue left behind this could be what is being draining down.

I just want to get an idea what steps you are using and what devices to see what could be the cause of the leak.

Lets start over.

Please let me know exactly what type of oil you are using, how much terps is being added to it, how long you wait before filling the oil after adding the terps. If no terpenes is being introduced what is the terpene content of the tank.

Now as far as usage, are you pulling then pushing button then continue to pull after letting go of the button?

How warm is it where you are storing the carts at? How runny is the oil.

I have more questions and since i cant see your oil or not able to get the same oil to test the more answers you give me can help us figure out the issue. I appreciate the feedback.

Last question you said you use distillate like material and that you can thicken it up, this leads me to believe that you used Terpenes to thin it out or something else. Is this the case?
First off G, I want to say thanks for being as responsive as you have been. I will try to answer all the questions you have and we may just come to the conclusion the the distillate I am using is perhaps slightly too thin/viscous however I want to be clear that the cart still funtions and performs as it should.

So from the start of your questions...
I have been adding no terpenes. I have been using CO2 distillate from pre-filled carts. One was Forbidden Fruit (brand name) and now I am using this one.
https://cdn.allbud.com/image/upload...1497966518/jsuploads/kg1btvpbnnrm2pwnj9w4.jpg
I use a syringe to remove the fluid from these carts and then load it into the Trinity cart.

I am using it the way you explain. I start pulling before I press the button and I am still pulling for 2-3 seconds after depressing the button.

The carts are stored at room temp in a BlackRock case. I typically have a wax container in there too so I always keep it stored inside a drawer at room temp. At room temp this oil will move. If I tilt my cart sideways it will almost immediately move and fill the lowest areas within 3-4 seconds. Once it starts moving its almost like clean car oil.

When I mentioned thickening my material I meant taking wax/shatter that is pretty much stable at room temp and adding it to the distillate in a small glass vial at room temp, then heating the vial slowly at a low temp and stirring the mixture so it is not seperate from one another.

To clarify further, the leak is not a constant leak. It is basically a tiny drop that hangs out in the brass colored nipple at the bottom of the cart. Its not continuous, its more like a drop hangs out in that nipple and once its cleared out no more comes out immediately.

OF

I use a syringe to remove the fluid from these carts and then load it into the Trinity cart.

I bet that's a mixture of CO2 oil and 'juice' (VG/PG). Straight CO2 oils are much thicker and won't feed at all well in carts designed to feed juice.

The CO2 oil I'm using comes in gram jars (or did when I bought these....) and is very thick. It needs to be heated to draw it into a syringe (or you pull the stem out of the plunger trying. If the oil is on one side (because it's been laying that way) and I stand it up when at room temperature it might take 15 minutes to level on it's own. Real 'molasses in January' stuff. Not solid, but getting mighty close to it.

Anyway, I'm betting it's basically e-cig technology in play with your source: It's not pure CO2 oil?

OF

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I bet that's a mixture of CO2 oil and 'juice' (VG/PG). Straight CO2 oils are much thicker and won't feed at all well in carts designed to feed juice.

The CO2 oil I'm using comes in gram jars (or did when I bought these....) and is very thick. It needs to be heated to draw it into a syringe (or you pull the stem out of the plunger trying. If the oil is on one side (because it's been laying that way) and I stand it up when at room temperature it might take 15 minutes to level on it's own. Real 'molasses in January' stuff. Not solid, but getting mighty close to it.

Anyway, I'm betting it's basically e-cig technology in play with your source: It's not pure CO2 oil?

OF
They claim no vg/pg. These are 70%+ THC medical grade from California so they [should] be legit. I have had other distillate that has been thicker but I dont have access to it now. I have had bad vg/pg mixes before and this doesnt taste like that. It looks clean and tastes clean as far as my experiences can tell me.

Still, I am thinking my best solution is to make a mixture like I mentioned previously to thicken it up. Perhaps I will try with the next refill.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@nosmoking it is interesting that you say this as we have tested the tanks with ejuice and it does not leak at all.

may I ask how much have you filled the tank with?

foothilla

I don’t think you’ll find anything better or higher quality as the Hercules. Fit and Function. It’s a true ‘medical device’ in build. I know of nothing that handles larger capacity loads and can stay very clean; taste and maintenance, While using clean, room stable concentrate. With proper settings and usage techniques there is no “portable” equal. And still concealable with side x side battery devices. Having said that.. I love my KISS carts for quick one-off hits of a different ‘strain’ or on the go.

How many tokes do you typically get off of one of your standard kiss cart loads? I find if I load more than a few tokes at a time in my kiss carts, the carts get really messy.

And what is your method of choice for cleaning your kiss carts?

Thanks!

foothilla,

jsnstanley

I too find the carts can get messy when overloaded. I’ve learned to be a minimalist and keep maintenance low. Even with the Hercules. As far as cleaning, I reclaim everything for consumption, so I soak and rinse all my devices through ethanol (ever clear 190p).

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Who is running rosin through their Trinity? It seems most are using distillate or C02, I'm curious about the rosin + terpene method. @THC SCIENTIFIC how many grams of rosin can one liquidize with .25mL of terps?

invertedisdead,

itschad

anyone have any recommendations on a cartridge I could use on the shorty build of my 8? I have some gen3 kiss carts but i feel like they take 10+ seconds to get any vapor production at all

itschad,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
anyone have any recommendations on a cartridge I could use on the shorty build of my 8? I have some gen3 kiss carts but i feel like they take 10+ seconds to get any vapor production at all

Are you using a box mod? If so, what settings? I get great vapor production from gen 3 kiss carts.

invertedisdead,

StickyShisha2

@itschad shorty 8, uses 1 X 18350, correct?

perhaps your battery is a bit weak on the fast drain peak amps, because i think it should rock a kiss cart better than that.

StickyShisha2,

itschad

@itschad shorty 8, uses 1 X 18350, correct?

perhaps your battery is a bit weak on the fast drain peak amps, because i think it should rock a kiss cart better than that.

yeah, an 800mAh 15C AW 18350

can you recommend a particular battery youve had good experiences with?

mine are like 4 years old afterall, maybe thats something to do with it

edit: also if anyone has the original (shorter) button assembly for the 8 and would like to sell it please let me know

Last edited:
itschad,

tylerj55

So it is SiC inside of the coil? I just ordered one and some Sour Tangie terpenes from you last night, pretty damn excited to test this out.

Top Bottom