Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

slozukimc

No, at least I don't think so. You have to be careful, this guy needs 'smart electronics' to control the power. "Barefoot" (like would happen on Omicron, Ophos, Persei and so on as well as most others) the resistance change alone works against you. The cart is about .5 Ohms cold but double that (1 Ohm give or take) at temperature. That means half the current so half the power in simple systems.

Persei could allow 8 Amps when hot (8 Volts with fresh charge and two cells). That times the 8 Volts means 64 Watts. A bit too much for a device with a 14 Watt limit? Even a single cell Percei or one of the others at 4 Volts allows 4 Amps for 16 Watts. We want about 10 or so in use, I limit at 12.5 and am hot almost instantly.

There are thread adapters around but DON'T EVEN THINK OF USING THEM. Either get the factory mod or a good TCR mod with 510 threads to match the Trinity would be my advice.

Bill for that advice follows.....

Makes perfect sense to me, there is a 'niche' it fits well and satisfied customers who want to/will buy more.......

Then again, not all things that make sense to me happen. And the other way around.......

OF

Probably just use my vtc dual when I get around to trying one.

slozukimc,
Reactions: OF

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@THC SCIENTIFIC when I log in the trinity and blue river categories disappear from the menu and if I hit the page I get "You don't have the necessary permissions to view this page."

I think this happened before and had to do with having a discount because I wrote reviews.

Kiss ac v3 is missing from the menu also.

StormyPinkness,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC when I log in the trinity and blue river categories disappear from the menu and if I hit the page I get "You don't have the necessary permissions to view this page."

I think this happened before and had to do with having a discount because I wrote reviews.

Kiss ac v3 is missing from the menu also.

Please pm me your email for your account so i can see what is going on. Currently on the road and will take a look once i get back into the office.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Please pm me your email for your account so i can see what is going on. Currently on the road and will take a look once i get back into the office.
I should of just pm'ed you in the first place. No rush, I haven't decided on what flavor I want to order anyways. I'm thinking cheese quake or going for the mystery queen bee flavor (honey?).

StormyPinkness,

OF

Probably just use my vtc dual when I get around to trying one.

Although I haven't tried mine, I'm sure it would do just fine. My Basics and Minis (basically the same beast, smaller package) do just fine. My Dual is running a DC Herb cart somewhere and doing much to good a job to mess with.

Good luck with it.

OF

OF

Gentle Friends,

A compact bubbler idea for Trinity:
CdfCNAm.jpg

That's one of these:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/newest-glass-water-bubbler-atomizer-510-thread/242916023.html

With a standard "Dash 109" o-ring in the groove on the MP, these should do nicely:
https://www.amazon.com/109-Silicone...UTF8&qid=1505459666&sr=8-1&keywords=109+oring

Hardware store rings with that number (or sizes) should also make a good seal on the glass. The key is 1/2 inch OD, 3/32 cord. The mod is heavy enough (just) so it will stand.

Using it is pretty simple for those not familiar, you push the square black button thing and suck moist, cooled vapor out the slanty part in the back. Important: This one has no traps, invert it and it leaks unlike similar but larger units.

Anyway, cheap, simple, fun and effective. As you hit it you can look down into the MP through a 'window' of sorts above it which floods with vapor when things are working right. You have 'a front row seat' of sorts. Works one handed, of course. Recommended for those so inclined.

Regards to all.

OF

elmoe420

Well G did it again! Finally a sub-ohm TC capable distillate tank.

I've put a Trinity cart through its paces all week. Ran through about .75g of tangerine distillate. Unfortunately label did not list the terpene percentage (this is inconsistent in WA). This distillate will self level at room temp but it takes about 10 minutes (quite thick).

Taste is similar to the other current generate distillate carts being sold by vape710, maxvapor, and the usual Chinese sites. Where G really killed it here is the fact that the coil is sub-ohm and gr2 Ti so it TCs perfectly. No need to watch your wattage and pulse so carefully. Accidentally burning out this type of cart is a common problem with other designs.

The only downside so far is the airflow design. You'll notice latest gen designs of other distillate carts have moved the bottom airflow well above the 510 threading. This is because a lot of newer e-cig mods do not have the slotting needed to deliver air to the threading well.

What this means is the Trinity works great with say an older eVic VTC Mini. However, the latest gen eVic Primo Mini will not be able to deliver air to the Trinity. This is a major flaw in the design and I'm surprised @THC SCIENTIFIC didn't catch this during beta testing.

The only other suggestion I would have is make it work with a standard sized drip tip. This would also allow us to cleanly extend the vapor path to make things less harsh.

Nibbler T in our future? Yes please!

slozukimc

@elmoe420 we appreciate the feedback and unfortunately we can not make the tanks all mod capable. We design our tanks for our devices, a small mod capable of Tc for everything we have is in the works prior to releasing the Persie.

If this new mod you speak of will run everything with tc then what will be better about the newest Persei? I thought the idea of the new Persei would be the same.

Thanks

slozukimc,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Well G did it again! Finally a sub-ohm TC capable distillate tank.

I've put a Trinity cart through its paces all week. Ran through about .75g of tangerine distillate. Unfortunately label did not list the terpene percentage (this is inconsistent in WA). This distillate will self level at room temp but it takes about 10 minutes (quite thick).

Taste is similar to the other current generate distillate carts being sold by vape710, maxvapor, and the usual Chinese sites. Where G really killed it here is the fact that the coil is sub-ohm and gr2 Ti so it TCs perfectly. No need to watch your wattage and pulse so carefully. Accidentally burning out this type of cart is a common problem with other designs.

The only downside so far is the airflow design. You'll notice latest gen designs of other distillate carts have moved the bottom airflow well above the 510 threading. This is because a lot of newer e-cig mods do not have the slotting needed to deliver air to the threading well.

What this means is the Trinity works great with say an older eVic VTC Mini. However, the latest gen eVic Primo Mini will not be able to deliver air to the Trinity. This is a major flaw in the design and I'm surprised @THC SCIENTIFIC didn't catch this during beta testing.

The only other suggestion I would have is make it work with a standard sized drip tip. This would also allow us to cleanly extend the vapor path to make things less harsh.

Nibbler T in our future? Yes please!
This is actually fairly common with a lot of oil cartridges right now. In testing a few designs even the newest C Cell cartridges that are all the rage with some of the 502's the air flow holes placement on many mods require the use of a channeled 510 thread adapter/spacer and then all is well. These things often go for about $1-$2 at a vape shop.

elmoe420

This is actually fairly common with a lot of oil cartridges right now. In testing a few designs even the newest C Cell cartridges that are all the rage with some of the 502's the air flow holes placement on many mods require the use of a channeled 510 thread adapter/spacer and then all is well. These things often go for about $1-$2 at a vape shop.

Common for older generation for sure. The latest gen tank designs though (check out vape710 or just on Alibaba) have moved the airflow above the threading. This is a simple change and makes them work with non-slotted mod designs (interestingly the last three new mods I bought dropped the slots, unclear why).

G still has them beat just because the coil is sub-ohm and TC capable of course! Just silly to use the older airflow design these days.

I was guessing I could get a slotted 510 spacer but where to buy them? Do you know a local place?

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I have been testing the latest generation C Cell carts and other oil-specific vape cartridges do not have air flow above the threadings. Nearly any vape shop should have the needed adapter. I don't frequent vape shops so I don't have a specific suggestion sorry.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Every time I have a usps package that requires a signature they don't try to deliver it, they just put a slip in my box at the community mailboxes. Every. Single. Time.

I *love* looking at the tracking online and seeing that they tried to deliver it, no one was home, and they left a slip on the door. Then when I go home it's in my mailbox at the front of the complex where the mailboxes are. It's *possible* they went to my door, I wasn't there, and instead of putting the slip on the door they went all the way back to the mailboxes and put it in mine. It's possible.

Also not directing any of this at w9 or anything, I've just gotten a lot of signature usps packages from them over the years. Anyways, should be able to try the trinity tank whenever I go pick it up... from the fucking delivery company...

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Every time I have a usps package that requires a signature they don't try to deliver it, they just put a slip in my box at the community mailboxes. Every. Single. Time.

I *love* looking at the tracking online and seeing that they tried to deliver it, no one was home, and they left a slip on the door. Then when I go home it's in my mailbox at the front of the complex where the mailboxes are. It's *possible* they went to my door, I wasn't there, and instead of putting the slip on the door they went all the way back to the mailboxes and put it in mine. It's possible.

Also not directing any of this at w9 or anything, I've just gotten a lot of signature usps packages from them over the years. Anyways, should be able to try the trinity tank whenever I go pick it up... from the fucking delivery company...
Woof, confession time. They totally left a slip on the door this time and my wife took it off the door for safe keeping and didn't tell me until she got home because she understandably didn't know how overly dramatic I was being about it. I stand by them usually being the asshole, but it was definitely me this time. I was the asshole.

I see it says omicron v5, is the v4 not ok to use? I was hoping to try temp control too, would an evic vtc mini work? Also I'm a little worried the place I usually go to won't have rosin to mix, what's the best alternative?

Terp kit looks nice, going to see if I can mix it in the applicator. I'm out of concentrates right now so I'll have to wait until I can go get some. The tank look solid too, especially the mp.
IMG_20170922_155442.jpg

For the second tank I wasn't going to use terps. Would hash oil be ok? It's a little thick, but it definitely moves at room temp.
Vader-_The_Clarity-_Banana_Strawberry.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Sorry for the double post, can't edit.

The hash oil was a little too thick so I added 1-1.5 drops of queen bee to it and it worked much better. It reads .5 on my evic vtc mini and I remember seeing something about it being .3 or something. I need to check that, also still not sure if my omicron v4 is ok to run it or not.

I actually haven't tried it yet. I got it ready for a hockey game I was going to but we ended up going to a brewery beforehand so I left it at home.

IMG_20170924_205442.jpg

It's weird you can see through it:
IMG_20170924_205547.jpg

StormyPinkness,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Woof, sorry for the quadruple post.

Just wanted to say that I tried it last night. I used the same tc settings I saw @OF post before, 12.5w, 390 degrees, 400 m. My first hit I held down the button for awhile and also tried pulsing a bit. At the end of that hit I had a "that didn't go well" feeling, it didn't seem like much happened. Then I blew out a tasty medium sized cloud and was very surprised. I was taking it easy, but I honestly hadn't realized nearly that much vapor had come through. Right away the airflow is wide open too, no clogs and you don't need to pre-heat it. First impression I'm really liking this. I'm looking forward to taking this someplace and seeing how it does riding around in a warm pocket. Flavor was great too, not sure about my Queen Bee and Grape Ape pairing, but definitely got a strong flavor from my oil.

I'm very happy with it so far, nice one @THC SCIENTIFIC.

foothilla

I have a ton of W9 gear, and have been running Kiss carts for years. My main rigs are the Persei for home, a half dozen Minicrons for when I am mobile. I have had a Hercules unit for well over a year, but never even took it out of the box.

My question is, are their any other better rigs out there than the W9 stuff? I am not worried about price, I want the best quality. It seems like W9 is barely selling any vapes these days (I think they currently only offer 1 vape, the Omnicron). This makes me worry that they are scaling back and maybe struggling.

So, I'd like some advice from others. Should I look at stuff outside W9? Or should I stick with W9 and maybe check out some of their other cart designs? I am kinda tired of the Kiss carts. You can't load much in them, or they get really messy.

foothilla,

jsnstanley

I don’t think you’ll find anything better or higher quality as the Hercules. Fit and Function. It’s a true ‘medical device’ in build. I know of nothing that handles larger capacity loads and can stay very clean; taste and maintenance, While using clean, room stable concentrate. With proper settings and usage techniques there is no “portable” equal. And still concealable with side x side battery devices. Having said that.. I love my KISS carts for quick one-off hits of a different ‘strain’ or on the go.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I have a ton of W9 gear, and have been running Kiss carts for years. My main rigs are the Persei for home, a half dozen Minicrons for when I am mobile. I have had a Hercules unit for well over a year, but never even took it out of the box.

My question is, are their any other better rigs out there than the W9 stuff? I am not worried about price, I want the best quality. It seems like W9 is barely selling any vapes these days (I think they currently only offer 1 vape, the Omnicron). This makes me worry that they are scaling back and maybe struggling.

So, I'd like some advice from others. Should I look at stuff outside W9? Or should I stick with W9 and maybe check out some of their other cart designs? I am kinda tired of the Kiss carts. You can't load much in them, or they get really messy.

Not struggling at all. The Omicron is our flagship device and the Persei will make its return once we finalize most of the attachments we have for it.

Bender will come back when new Persei and other things we have in the works.

Top Bottom