Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

jsnstanley

The most accurate TCR, pocketable “Oil Rig” device utilizing the Hercules.
OmdCfWU.jpg

zsLClay.jpg

Fkn0wned

It’s called an 'Ignition' base

That looks like the pipeline pro mod correct?

The ehpro mod 101 looks to be an affordable version of one of those and could pull off a similar look with the Ignition base I actually like the look of your setup might see what the ehpro mod 101 is like.

Fkn0wned,

OF

I would spend a hundred bucks on a mod that worked perfectly with the Herc and made it fit in my pocket.

Not exactly what you wished for but it's mighty tiny and does a bang up job by me. Still trying to sort out the Trinity cart, but it has some real potential so far......and no leaks.

Mmewwiw.jpg

Nothing like a hundred bucks, however, maybe you could buy 3? BTW I usually use the Power Nano right way up but it's still the same (tiny) size.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Not exactly what you wished for but it's mighty tiny and does a bang up job by me. Still trying to sort out the Trinity cart, but it has some real potential so far......and no leaks.

Mmewwiw.jpg

Nothing like a hundred bucks, however, maybe you could buy 3? BTW I usually use the Power Nano right way up but it's still the same (tiny) size.

OF

May I ask what type of oil was used? Was it mixed by yourself? Terpene % in oil?

As far as sorting out what are some questions you have maybe I can help?

OF

May I ask what type of oil was used? Was it mixed by yourself? Terpene % in oil?

Sure, I mean how much can it cost to ask? Only the not so useful answer is 'what the Dispensary had'.

Two attempts, in fact. One called 'sap' or something like that that I got specifically to try loading by syringe (another adventure). It's 'thin and sticky' but won't self level at room temperature. It did load easily, wasn't too much trouble to 'prime', and has been working fine. I have, I think, one more gram.

The other product is sold as 'wax' with the Dispensary name. I'm told it's processed for them from the bud culls, is soft 'dry' amber colored that has twice 'broken down' after heat into a smaller, darker, more fluid mass slightly more sticky. It's cheap ($30 gram?) and sells out quickly. I still have several grams from last time, sort of 'the House Concentrate' these days. It was harder to load as it's pretty thick to run through a syringe. I was able to poke enough in with a toothpick working around the rim then carefully heated it with my lighter (like an Omicron cart......) to coax it down enough to finally prime. That part took some doing but once done it's been problem free.

Part of the game is the metal center section gets quite hot in use. I'm thinking it's that heat that keeps the concentrate fluid and feeding. I'm about to crack into a new gram, and plan to be careful to not 'let it run dry'.

So far lots of vapor and no leaks or other problems. No doubt there are guys who will want even bigger clouds (aren't there always?), but this seems to fit my needs/wants well. Holds a lot and feeds well? Promising.

OF

jsnstanley

That looks like the pipeline pro mod correct?

The ehpro mod 101 looks to be an affordable version of one of those and could pull off a similar look with the Ignition base I actually like the look of your setup might see what the ehpro mod 101 is like.

Yes, It’s the newest Dicodes Dani Extreme V3. Of the absolute best TCR chipsets available next to Evolv DNA 60 (+). There are other less expensive regulated tube models as you’ve suggested (but ‘Extremely Limited’ TCR adjustment). A few would be…..

22mm Cigreen Titan TC 50w
22mm EHPro Mod 101 50W
24mm MODTECH MD70W TC

Last edited:

elmoe420

@THC SCIENTIFIC Any more details on the Trinity cart? I'm particularly interested in what viscosity of concentrate it works well with. I had originally assumed it was for distillates or CO2 oils but based on what @OF said it sounds like it would work for most concentrates assuming you heat it a bit to prime the coil?

OF

I had originally assumed it was for distillates or CO2 oils but based on what @OF said it sounds like it would work for most concentrates assuming you heat it a bit to prime the coil?

Careful now, I said it seems to work OK with THE TWO THINNEST concentrates I have available.......there's a LONG WAY from there to "would work for most concentrates". Both the ones I used are quite fluid even moderately heated (you can hold the glass), most of what is available locally is not.

I'm sure G tested this idea well, and if it "would work for most concentrates" he'd be happy to say so (and sell more......).

I have no doubts that the shatters and other solid types would not work well at all. Please don't quote me otherwise? It has to be thin to feed, how thin guys will have to experiment and sort out for themselves at this point I think. Worst case you risk 1/4 gram or so and a $15 cart you might not be able to clean and reuse. Small price to pay for being on the cutting edge?

Thanks.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC Any more details on the Trinity cart? I'm particularly interested in what viscosity of concentrate it works well with. I had originally assumed it was for distillates or CO2 oils but based on what @OF said it sounds like it would work for most concentrates assuming you heat it a bit to prime the coil?

The Trinity will work with concentrates that move at room temperature, what @OF is doing to get the cart going is external heat to load it and the heat from the tank to make it move again once loaded, I don't recommend this at all because the Trinity is made to be used with oils that are free flowing by itself or by mixing terpenes with the concentrate to get it to that state.

Terpenes will be available for pre order by Monday on our site. Hope this helps.

OF

what @OF is doing to get the cart going is external heat to load it and the heat from the tank to make it move again once loaded,

Actually, no I'm not. I'm also sure not doing a good job of explaining things........

I used (careful) heat to LOAD the cart initially (warm it enough so it flows down into the cart from the lip where I deposited it). Both are fluid at room temperature, but neither enough so to 'self level' easily.

I try to pick words carefully, but sometimes come up short I guess. I said above, "It did load easily, wasn't too much trouble to 'prime', and has been working fine". I meant once loaded and primed it worked fine. Still does, in fact, I checked again a bit ago. No 'extra' heat needed after I get it running (and it would probably have primed OK with self generated heat......which is what keeps it feeding hit after hit?).

Heating from the outside is a loading expedient with the concentrate(s) I have to work with. Once loaded it's 'on it's own' and seems to be doing OK. I suspect it's on the edge of the useful range, thinner concentrate might well produce more volume (there's plenty for my tastes this way so I have no experience to offer there) and would surely load easier if you could syringe the goods in, screw on the cap and vape away. A version for thicker concentrates should work even better I'd think, but this one has promise with what I have at hand. I also suspect CO2 oils will work, but I need more carts to find out.

OF

Fkn0wned

Will there be any sales on a Nibbler XL or are there any websites offering them cheaper that somebody knows about I should be getting the 510 Hercules here Friday I've had the SR-74x but never purchased a Nibbler XL now I think is the time to start looking before it's to late!

I didn't know since your getting these new products ready and what not and working on back end things if after some releases/announcements you would put some things on sale again.

Fkn0wned,

elmoe420

Careful now, I said it seems to work OK with THE TWO THINNEST concentrates I have available.......there's a LONG WAY from there to "would work for most concentrates". Both the ones I used are quite fluid even moderately heated (you can hold the glass), most of what is available locally is not.

I'm sure G tested this idea well, and if it "would work for most concentrates" he'd be happy to say so (and sell more......).

I have no doubts that the shatters and other solid types would not work well at all. Please don't quote me otherwise? It has to be thin to feed, how thin guys will have to experiment and sort out for themselves at this point I think. Worst case you risk 1/4 gram or so and a $15 cart you might not be able to clean and reuse. Small price to pay for being on the cutting edge?

Thanks.

OF

Makes sense. Thank you for clarifying. As always your posts are very detailed and helpful!

I may grab a few to try with some of the runnier concentrates I have.

@THC SCIENTIFIC I already have some Blue River terps at home but honestly I was more curious what the cart would work well with before having to resort to adding terps. I think it's time for some experimenting!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Makes sense. Thank you for clarifying. As always your posts are very detailed and helpful!

I may grab a few to try with some of the runnier concentrates I have.

@THC SCIENTIFIC I already have some Blue River terps at home but honestly I was more curious what the cart would work well with before having to resort to adding terps. I think it's time for some experimenting!

What I can say is as long as the oil is clean and moves at room temps then your golden.

Plant material will clog up the vaporization chamber.

The tank was designed specifically for oils with terpenes added but that doesn't mean it won't work with oils as long as they are fluid at room temps.

The issue with current carts is because they can't handle Terpenes. This cart can.

OF

What I can say is as long as the oil is clean and moves at room temps then your golden.

The tank was designed specifically for oils with terpenes added but that doesn't mean it won't work with oils as long as they are fluid at room temps.

The issue with current carts is because they can't handle Terpenes. This cart can.

I just loaded a new cart with some CO2 oil with good results. It fits the above as it's definitely clean (zero debris) and flows to the bottom of the jar (although slowly). Interestingly, so far no bubbles as happened with the other two concentrates I've tried?

I can't speak about Terpenes, really, as I've none to add. And, as a MMJ user, the expense for an additive that has no medicinal advantages past taste is hard to justify. Then again, some Terpenes are in the concentrates to start with, right? So I've no real idea what percentage that might be, and being as we're talking about 'light stuff' (smell), there could be less now than before.....

I'm sure that most 'store bought' concentrates are going to be too thick to work 'barefoot'. But, there seem to be some exceptions, but they're going to be the 'gooey, runny' ones. Shatters need not apply.

Fun product I think, good potential. More play is indicated.

BTW, loading is a snap (this time at least). I modified the old loading technique for Omicron carts and used a small (number 4) Wilton tip to load a 1cc syringe. I had both 'left over' from other adventures. I flared the tip enough to grip the mouth of the syringe (like you would with an Omicron cart), put the open jar of oil on top and heated the lot a bit to do the load. First, warm the metal of the tip so the oil doesn't stick. Don't go nuts, just get it 'uncomfortably warm' before heating the jar for 5 seconds or so to get the oil to flow and drain from the heated glass. Old hands with Omicron will know how to get the load to 'drop' in a few seconds and drain almost completely from the jar and funnel (tip) in under a minute. I just stood it up and waited a bit.

Then I started the plunger in, pulled the toothpick plug out of the business end and put on a bent tip ('needle') of large bore (I think 14 gauge). Like is used to inject glue into tight places or otherwise with precision. This tip just 'slips by' the rings to the bottom of the tank. You can easily fill the tank from bottom to top in one 'shot' in a few seconds. Bubble free. No drama, just results.

zSPmRgX.jpg

If you use this type of disposable 'Insulin Syringe' (used by Diabetics) the rubber nose means no loss of concentrate. The syringes are under a dollar so I generally use them once rather than fight the retention ring at the top of the bore. When the piston gets sticky it's easy to pull the stem out trying to get it past the ring, keep doing it and sooner or later it comes apart......at the least convenient time of course. Funny how they can build in a sensor to know exactly when to leave you stranded for under a dollar, but they do.

OF

OF

Gentle Friends,

A Trinity 'carry option' for your consideration:
dxBmJfL.jpg

That's one of the common 2 inch square 'earbud cases' holding a Evic Basic and a loaded Trinity cart in a cut back 'Doob Tube'. Smell proof and a bit of cotton in the cap keeps the cart from rattling in your pocket. Everything stays clean. Combined, it's very well protected and fits in pockets well.

There's a second, assembled 'rig' next to it. I've only been using it a day or two but it's in my pocket right now and I can promise conscientious testing in days to come. Very handy, in well under a minute I can take it out, assemble it, get a couple of good hits and have it broken down and back in my pocket. Who knows were more practice will lead?

Best weekend wishes to all.

OF

mephisto

I wanted to submit my experience with using thicker, terpene cut extract in the trinity cart. I used similar loading strategies as @OF. Heated extract until it was free flowing, sucked it up into a syringe, and injected it directly into the trinity. Loading from the bottom of the cart slowly produced zero bubbles. I enjoyed using the trinity cart during a recent concert. It is like an upgraded extension of the original Omicron carts. I had to ask to delete my prior post as I was completely off base, and quite disrespectful towards G for no good reason. W9 has once again brought a gem to market. And to think, at least 2 of its users are not even following the manufacturer's suggestions and still getting good results.
I apologize for opening my mouth before engaging brain G, thanks for investing your time and energy to the W9 cause. I sure appreciate your products and your innovation. Looking forward to the Blue River terps when they are available.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Gentle Friends,

A Trinity 'carry option' for your consideration:
dxBmJfL.jpg

That's one of the common 2 inch square 'earbud cases' holding a Evic Basic and a loaded Trinity cart in a cut back 'Doob Tube'. Smell proof and a bit of cotton in the cap keeps the cart from rattling in your pocket. Everything stays clean. Combined, it's very well protected and fits in pockets well.

There's a second, assembled 'rig' next to it. I've only been using it a day or two but it's in my pocket right now and I can promise conscientious testing in days to come. Very handy, in well under a minute I can take it out, assemble it, get a couple of good hits and have it broken down and back in my pocket. Who knows were more practice will lead?

Best weekend wishes to all.

OF

Are you running it in TC?

I wanted to submit my experience with using thicker, terpene cut extract in the trinity cart. I used similar loading strategies as @OF. Heated extract until it was free flowing, sucked it up into a syringe, and injected it directly into the trinity. Loading from the bottom of the cart slowly produced zero bubbles. I enjoyed using the trinity cart during a recent concert. It is like an upgraded extension of the original Omicron carts. I had to ask to delete my prior post as I was completely off base, and quite disrespectful towards G for no good reason. W9 has once again brought a gem to market. And to think, at least 2 of its users are not even following the manufacturer's suggestions and still getting good results.
I apologize for opening my mouth before engaging brain G, thanks for investing your time and energy to the W9 cause. I sure appreciate your products and your innovation. Looking forward to the Blue River terps when they are available.

It's all good bro I could have cooled down before responding as well but we all know I'm not the cool thinker :-) and I hope the tank lasts a long time.

If you do have a mod you can use TC on it if you wish.

And always stay around 10% terpene content load about 0.7 grams max and you should be golden.

Also when mixing terpenes please seal the vial for a few days until all bubbles disappear this will make sure that no pressure is building up in the tank as this could result in a leak.

OF

Are you running it in TC?

Yep, you should be able to read it on the one on the right (which is why it's lit....), m value of 400, 390F and the right stored resistance (for this cart, .490 Ohms) with a 12.5 Watt limit. I've no idea what the temperature really is of course, but it delivers 'about like I'd expect'. Every time. Without leaks.

as well but we all know I'm not the cool thinker :-)

A big ten for there! You're much more of a 'driven, visionary type'. The kind of guys who get mad, dig in for the long haul, and make the dream happen despite it all.

Which is a good thing for us for sure, it's how innovation happens in a real world. Entrepreneurs taking risks despite the odds. Gotta love it.

Keep it up, 'you go guy!'.

OF

Ash057

The Trinity will work with concentrates that move at room temperature, what @OF is doing to get the cart going is external heat to load it and the heat from the tank to make it move again once loaded, I don't recommend this at all because the Trinity is made to be used with oils that are free flowing by itself or by mixing terpenes with the concentrate to get it to that state.

Terpenes will be available for pre order by Monday on our site. Hope this helps.
How many ml will the tank on the Trinity hold? What is the heating element made out of?

Ash057,
Reactions: OF

OF

How many ml will the tank on the Trinity hold? What is the heating element made out of?

From two posts up from yours:

And always stay around 10% terpene content load about 0.7 grams max and you should be golden.

So we're talking 2/3 to maybe 3/4 of a cc? I think it's going to need at least a modest 'air space' as there are bubbles of vapor to deal with.

The composition of the element may very well be propitiatory (they usually are, sometimes fiercely so) but of much more use to us would be the official TCR (Thermal Coefficient of Resistance, how much the resistance changes per degree C)? G, can you please tell us that much?

Trial and error got me to 400 (.4% per degree C rise), but that's combined with the set temperature (another variable) to give results to my liking. Hard numbers there might make it easier for folks to experiment and find modes to their liking.

How about it, G? Can/will you tell us what the official TCR value is or will we have to soldier on with my (probably lame, but at least useful) guesses?

As a fun observation I put half a gram or so 'on top' of the last of the prior strain that was much darker. After a bit of use, there are several very tidy faint vertical stripes of the new stuff migrating down to the feed holes in a most orderly manner. Some serious work seems to have gone into Trinity......to our joy and advantage.

I still don't miss the leaks, IMO a big step up from Omicron, Hercules, SR71 and them guys. Over half a gram of goods metered out on schedule/demand at low cost? What's not to like?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
From two posts up from yours:

So we're talking 2/3 to maybe 3/4 of a cc? I think it's going to need at least a modest 'air space' as there are bubbles of vapor to deal with.

The composition of the element may very well be propitiatory (they usually are, sometimes fiercely so) but of much more use to us would be the official TCR (Thermal Coefficient of Resistance, how much the resistance changes per degree C)? G, can you please tell us that much?

Trial and error got me to 400 (.4% per degree C rise), but that's combined with the set temperature (another variable) to give results to my liking. Hard numbers there might make it easier for folks to experiment and find modes to their liking.

How about it, G? Can/will you tell us what the official TCR value is or will we have to soldier on with my (probably lame, but at least useful) guesses?

As a fun observation I put half a gram or so 'on top' of the last of the prior strain that was much darker. After a bit of use, there are several very tidy faint vertical stripes of the new stuff migrating down to the feed holes in a most orderly manner. Some serious work seems to have gone into Trinity......to our joy and advantage.

I still don't miss the leaks, IMO a big step up from Omicron, Hercules, SR71 and them guys. Over half a gram of goods metered out on schedule/demand at low cost? What's not to like?

OF

The heater is a hybrid Titanium Grade 2 with SiC.

TCR setting if 352 should be fine.

OF

The heater is a hybrid Titanium Grade 2 with SiC.

TCR setting if 352 should be fine.

Thanks. I assume you meant "....setting of 352..." So, I was pretty close, 14% off? Not bad for such a small shop. That means I'm really running less than 390F by that same amount (14%). So, assuming 70F to start (apparent 320 rise) it really went up only 275 degrees (86% of 320) for a total of about 350F not 390. Makes sense.

Great choice of materials IMO, but you knew that already.........

Thanks again.

OF

Top Bottom