• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@Roth I did find out while today the adapter-insulator is available at https://www.w9tech.com/cartridges/hercules/adapter-bottom-insulator/ tomorrow it might be at more places- OK not literally tomorrow, but check back at puffitup's website as it may be available in the future. For any further PIU questions I'm told http://www.puffitup.com/Contact_Us_a/143.htm is the best bet!
-----------
I've had a lot of fun putting my Omicron through their paces recently but truth be told I'm a Hercules user through and through... It's real nice to have such a powerful tool on hand for late night gardening sessions :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFozpbooUPg/

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
While patiently awaiting the new Persei, I am stoked that I was able to pickup the 510 bottom adapter and a black rod for the Hercules. Also picked up some AC dual coils while I was at it to take advantage of the free shipping. Loving the Herc again in 510! I had phased out the 601 stuff from my rotation and had tucked the Herc away. I was charging the battery for my Evic VTC mini, so I decided to try the Herc out at 26w with the MiniVolt. I am surprised at how hard the damn thing hit. Pretty impressive for a such a small mod. Can't wait for that side loading Persei!

1enqqb.jpg

2v8o5sx.jpg

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
@Roth I did find out while today the adapter-insulator is available at https://www.w9tech.com/cartridges/hercules/adapter-bottom-insulator/ tomorrow it might be at more places- OK not literally tomorrow, but check back at puffitup's website as it may be available in the future. For any further PIU questions I'm told http://www.puffitup.com/Contact_Us_a/143.htm is the best bet!
-----------
I've had a lot of fun putting my Omicron through their paces recently but truth be told I'm a Hercules user through and through... It's real nice to have such a powerful tool on hand for late night gardening sessions :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFozpbooUPg/

My herc is normally used around 6.8-7.4v and I have concerns about upgrading to the new persei with it being stuck with a single 18650. Would it be possible for you to make a video displaying vapor production with the herc and 3.7v battery? I just want to make sure that it will satisfy me before I "upgrade" to a unit that would no longer let me use my Core and Bender.

While patiently awaiting the new Persei, I am stoked that I was able to pickup the 510 bottom adapter and a black rod for the Hercules. Also picked up some AC dual coils while I was at it to take advantage of the free shipping. Loving the Herc again in 510! I had phased out the 601 stuff from my rotation and had tucked the Herc away. I was charging the battery for my Evic VTC mini, so I decided to try the Herc out at 26w with the MiniVolt. I am surprised at how hard the damn thing hit. Pretty impressive for a such a small mod. Can't wait for that side loading Persei!

1enqqb.jpg

2v8o5sx.jpg

How do you like the black rod? (giggity) is it anything near 7.4v?

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
My herc is normally used around 6.8-7.4v and I have concerns about upgrading to the new persei with it being stuck with a single 18650. Would it be possible for you to make a video displaying vapor production with the herc and 3.7v battery? I just want to make sure that it will satisfy me before I "upgrade" to a unit that would no longer let me use my Core and Bender.

How do you like the black rod? (giggity) is it anything near 7.4v?
I like my Bender, too, and wouldn't consider giving up the ability to Bend herbs...

Did you happen to click the link to Instagram? That's actually an SR-71 with a ~1.7Ω rod although too much wind in the room to see much of a cloud, Ill take another video to show cloud production for ya. Black rod works just as well without drawing needing as much voltage, it will deliver the same wattage in the 4-5 volt range.

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...you_dont_calculate_current_draw_on_regulated/

elmoe420

Sorry I'm a bit confused. Why couldn't you use the Bender of the Core with the v5 Persei top? Also why do you think you are limited to a single 18650 with the v5 top?

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
Sorry I'm a bit confused. Why couldn't you use the Bender of the Core with the v5 Persei top? Also why do you think you are limited to a single 18650 with the v5 top?

I have a v4 top and was referring to "upgrading" to the v6 box mod they're supposed to be releasing this year. It will be limited to a single 3.7v battery so I won't be able to use the bender and will not be compatible with the core. I've asked if there was any way to upgrade to the new "8" (a 7.4v box mod made specifically for the herc and Bender) and was told that a persei can only be upgraded to a persei. I'll probably avoid the upgrade and hope my unit doesn't die on me.

elmoe420

I have a v4 top and was referring to "upgrading" to the v6 box mod they're supposed to be releasing this year. It will be limited to a single 3.7v battery so I won't be able to use the bender and will not be compatible with the core. I've asked if there was any way to upgrade to the new "8" (a 7.4v box mod made specifically for the herc and Bender) and was told that a persei can only be upgraded to a persei. I'll probably avoid the upgrade and hope my unit doesn't die on me.

Ahh okay got it. Since you had a v4 I thought you meant an upgrade to a v5.

elmoe420,
Reactions: showman

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'm pretty sure he said the bender will still work, but he was doubtful of getting it working in temp control mode though. I thought there were single and double battery versions. Also not sure if the designs are finalized, haven't heard about them in awhile.

itschad

Got my herc working better. turns out the screw in the button of my 8 had backed itself out some, i guess from months of pressing it too hard and me not noticing it taking longer and longer heat up times on my AC. tightened it down again and everythings hitting like a champ again

i DO need some AC o rings though

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure he said the bender will still work, but he was doubtful of getting it working in temp control mode though. I thought there were single and double battery versions. Also not sure if the designs are finalized, haven't heard about them in awhile.

I was under the impression that the double battery version was going to be called the "8" and was being specifically designed for the herc and Bender (side loading). If the bender still works on the upright single battery version, it begs the question: why make a side loading version in the first place?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was under the impression that the double battery version was going to be called the "8" and was being specifically designed for the herc and Bender (side loading). If the bender still works on the upright single battery version, it begs the question: why make a side loading version in the first place?
I remember hearing both versions will have single and double battery options, but then I remember the post of a persei that wasn't custom like the first posts and I do think that was single battery. I also kind of remember there was something about a side loading single battery version sized specifically for the herc and a double battery version for everything else. I kind of forget where it ended up now, I'm not sure how final any of it is and news dropped off when the new omicron and kiss ac were coming out. I think the main idea for the side loading is how much smaller/portable it makes it, the form factor is a box instead of a walkie-talkie.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@DaNi_DuB @StormyPinkness the prototypes shown are test beds only, not indicative of what the next Persei will look like. As for the rest... lips sealed.

@KINetics I do apologize but as that model was just released it's in pretty high demand right now and as with most brand new releases, we won't be able to offer discounts until after we can keep it it on the shelves.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@SamuraiSam @THC SCIENTIFIC When do you guys plan on having more nibbler Xls available? I need one for my herc =)
Could be as soon as middle of next week!

On another note... I've been corrected as @THC SCIENTIFIC enabled the coupon code for the Hercules in 510 today by request @KINetics. Thanks for ordering from an authorized distributor all the same, and for helping address this for the next person looking to save a buck.

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
@SamuraiSam I'm just combining the information provided on the thread with information that I was told via pm (putting 2 and 2 together). If the info that I was told is accurate, I suspect quite a few people will share my concerns.

DaNi_DuB,

showman

Just ordered the 510 Hercules from Puffitup! Very excited for this!

I have a number of 510-threaded ecig vapes that I was hoping to use with this. Any idea how I can tell which would be compatible? Will this work with digital mods, or just mechanical?

PM710

Heat it up by powering it on your Persei. Get the rod hot and transfer heat into the metal housing. Take off the heat shield and wear gloves, take the Herc apart when its cooled enough to touch, and then remove the retaining collar and AAF. Push the rod into the Hercules by putting the tip of the rod on a table and pushing down on the upper heater core, it usually goes inside easier than it comes out.

I am still unable to remove the ceramic rod from my Hercules sr 74x. Now additionally I am unable to remove the retaining nut. Everything is clean and I have never had big problems with leakage. Any more tips on how to remove the ceramic rod and retaining nut?

PM710,

Andy

I am still unable to remove the ceramic rod from my Hercules sr 74x. Now additionally I am unable to remove the retaining nut. Everything is clean and I have never had big problems with leakage. Any more tips on how to remove the ceramic rod and retaining nut?
Have you tried disassembling after use, when still warm and pulling hard on the rod using pliers? (Rather then pushing.)

I have never owned a Hercules but I am guessing it is a very bad idea to grab a ceramic rod with a pair of pliers. You may be able to do it but the guy you tell to do it may not be a pliers guru and just crush the rod.

Use the pliers to loosen the nut then drop the upper housing with the rod in boiling water and then just push the rod up into the housing....If you don't remove the nut you will never get the rod out...DO NOT grab the rod with pliers unless you want to buy a new rod..Good luck.

Last edited:

slozukimc

Have you tried disassembling after use, when still warm and pulling hard on the rod using pliers? (Rather then pushing.)
I have never owned a Hercules but I am guessing it is a very bad idea to grab a ceramic rod with a pair of pliers. You may be able to do it but the guy you tell to do it may not be a pliers guru and just crush the rod.

joekar

This IS my happy face..
Use the pliers to loosen the nut then drop the upper housing with the rod in boiling water and then just push the rod up into the housing....If you don't remove the nut you will never get the rod out...DO NOT grab the rod with pliers unless you want to buy a new rod..Good luck.

Top Bottom