Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Steven

Is it at all possible to add 3 more air holes to the presently existing 3 to the upper half of the Hercules sr74x. I'm talking about the air holes where the gear washer is. There is perfect space for a total of 6 holes. One of my biggest grips on the sr74x is the restricted airflow. This is definitely different person to person, but I prefer quite a bit more airflow for my taste. I'd imagine that more airflow may lead to more leaks but at the same time, more air holes mean less cool down draws. So actually for the already savy user, more airflow appears beneficial. I may be wrong and it was engineered for 3 holes. For all I know it may cool the rod down too much, but I'd love it if it's possible

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
I run my Hercs without the airflow washers and prefer the extra airflow but adding more airflow would probably cause more leaking and possibly slow vapor production I usually get the best vapor with long slow pulls so more airflow and a faster draw may be counterproductive however if your willing to test it I'd bet it wouldn't be too hard to add three more with a drill vice and center punch

Steven

I basically use the Hercules without the washer as well because the holes are wide open. I actually do not have any of the tools listed so this would not be an easy job for me sadly. As for your guesses at what can happen, I also have those concerns as I already mentioned but I have a stronger belief that it will provide more vapor easily, and allow you to cool down your wax much faster. So if you already know how to keep your bottom chamber dry, this can only help I would think. The biggest issue I can think of is that too much wax may end up in the mouthpiece quicker than usual. Or it may even solve this problem. Having air flowing through such a small hole creates a jet of air, so having more holes will decease the intensity of the jet effect. So many possibilities and nobody can't be sure until it's actually tested. Are anybody willing to try, or can there be any official testing from the creators?

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
The faster you pull through the herc the faster your going to clog the mouthpiece and I'm certain it would cool the herc enough to stifle vapor production increased airflow helps with ejuice and rda's but that's because of how thin they are the thick wax heats much slower and the faster the airflow is the slower it will heat and the longer the wax will remain solid at least in my experience

Edit : I actually do have a prototype herc upper chamber Gary sent me with much larger airflow holes up higher on the chamber the bottom ones are plugged so it ends up heating up much more than usual but still with the extra airflow I can choke out the herc if I inhale to fast before it heats up

Last edited:

Steven

Again I just see all this talk is conjecture and you are basically repeating the concerns I already mentioned. Don't get me wrong. You could be right. But I have tried the ceramic donut attys and they definitely provide more vapor with more airflow. The Hercules rod can get very very hot, that's why the technique requires pulsing. So I don't think a few more air holes will solidify any wax while the rod is fired. I also know about the prototype, but that's a completely different design where airlines were moved above the mesh coils. Not the same scenario as I am talking about at all

Steven,

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
ayyy, wassup with them AC v.2 attys by themselves tho?
has already been a month and a half or is my time perception just fucked? lol

DreamHaze,
Reactions: ragnorokk

elmoe420

I have heard that the Ti dual coils for the Kiss AC which are shipping now are the new design with the deeper cup. Can anyone confirm this? Is this true for those bought from both W9 and OV? The AC v2 only comes with one.

elmoe420,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I have heard that the Ti dual coils for the Kiss AC which are shipping now are the new design with the deeper cup. Can anyone confirm this? Is this true for those bought from both W9 and OV? The AC v2 only comes with one.

When I ordered the Omicron v4 from PIU, I also ordered an extra dual coil Ti. The one I got from PIU looked exactly like the one that came with the AC v2. I don't have an AC v1 to compare to, but I couldn't see a different side by side.

elmoe420

When I ordered the Omicron v4 from PIU, I also ordered an extra dual coil Ti. The one I got from PIU looked exactly like the one that came with the AC v2. I don't have an AC v1 to compare to, but I couldn't see a different side by side.

Cool that is good news. The difference is just the size of the ceramic cup inside the cart. This helps to reduce splatter in my experience. You can easily tell because the newer Ti dual coils for the AC v2 are taller than the old ones from the AC v1.

I'd like to order some of the new ones but want to make sure I don't inadvertently get a batch of the old ones.

@THC SCIENTIFIC @SamuraiSam Can one of you please confirm? Thanks!

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
W9 Tech thanks you for your continued support and wishes to include a little secret something with all orders $30 on up through 4/20. We promise you'll be happy about these freebies, especially if you're a stealthy vaporist. Check out our On Sale closeout priced gear, including the last of our Minicron and O-Phos lineup and KISS cartridges to fit them, or stock up on new AC coils for your Omicron- $30 or more of anything at w9tech.com qualifies for our 4/20 secret giveaway!

PS we're being super sneaky and have included secret stuff for all orders since yesterday afternoon, so if you've purchased recently- enjoy your surprise :)

@Steven although I am not an engineer and wasn't around for testing back then, I do know many designs were tried during testing and 3 air holes evenly spaced in the center works best. Though there is space for them, if you put 2x the holes, you have 1/2 the restriction, therefore cool down draws are half as effective (or worse). Plus you have twice the area for oils to dump out.

I personally use my Hercules with no washer for wide open airflow and cool down between hits & at the end of a session. I like a leak free bottom chamber after a few grams use, very satisfying. With lower power levels as found on the SR-74, or by using lower voltage settings on the Core the need to pulse to deliver the proper heat level can be minimized.

@ragnorokk I think the AC V1 is best suited for the 8, and the ACV2 a better fit for the newer models. Although I couldn't tell you what the new 8 looks like yet.

@DreamHaze regrading AC V2 there is still ample supply of AC V1 on hand, we'll have AC V2 kits when they're needed but not before.

@elmoe420 All dual coils shipped from oilvaporizer.com and w9tech.com are newer style taller cups as included with the Omicron V4 :) Shallow cup dual coils are phased out.

b3team

b3team,

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
Looks exactly like my velocity rda with the direct airflow closed and using the standard drip tip adapter with a glass tip

zMIuQtL.jpg

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Right on.

It's not the outside that matters it is the inside. We have decided long ago that we simply do not wish to spend the resources to make something unique on the outside but we do like spending the resources to make them unique on the inside.

Last edited:
Right on.

It's not the outside that matters it is the inside. We have decided long ago that we simply do not wish to spend the resources to make something unique on the outside but we do like spending the resources to make them unique on the inside.
So... 1700 v3?

ragnorokk,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
You guys figure out what this is, I'm going to leave this here.

EHD

I know you've said the herc is pretty much as good as it can get, the holes in the side make me think herc though. I would guess a new donut design like some of the others. The mp looks interesting though, wondering if it's a standard tip or if it's sticking out as part of what's under the hood. Hmmmmm, maybe something for flower/herb? Maybe a magically small bender.

Top Bottom