Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@DaNi_DuB - Core is the power supply for our current units. New units are moving to variable wattage and some other features that current ones don't have. I would have to ask @THC SCIENTIFIC for answers to your other questions. I do know that multiple battery configurations of the new Persei are being tested.

As an aside...

In case any of you are up this Sunday, Hash Church 73µ is broadcasting live now and it's the history of water hash. I'm not on the show or anything but wow is this one worth tuning in for. Bubbleman shared a nice Valentine's Day story about how it was only after meeting with Mila and being declined the opportunity to become her distributor did his wife suggest perhaps making bags themselves!

Is there a hash church discussion group on FC, or are any members here involved in the group on Facebook?

Last edited:

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
I misread about the core being a stand alone vape. Confused it for the bender and flexo I guess.

I will be making the flexo that will work with the Core.

I wanted to say that we are working on a bigger version of the Bender, a stand along unit that is not like the current one that will work on the 2x18650 8 vaporizer.

We just received the one part that took us 1 year to perfect, and already have the other parts and now just waiting for the circuit board.

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Hey everybody, I finally got my shit together and now own a SR-74x! Super excited to get this thing going, but first I just wanna throw something by a few of you veteran users.

On my herc, I noticed that the threading for the nut to hold the washer and rod in place is a little out of whack. It threads ok, but visually you can tell that it's bent. Is this normal and nothing to worry about, or should I be seeking a replacement to avoid issues in the future? If you look at the spacing between the "walls" you can see that is is bent toward the top, making the two touch unlike any of the other walls.

leV1ZLg.jpg

Thanks in advance!

bdmonkeyj3w

Hey everybody, I finally got my shit together and now own a SR-74x! Super excited to get this thing going, but first I just wanna throw something by a few of you veteran users.

On my herc, I noticed that the threading for the nut to hold the washer and rod in place is a little out of whack. It threads ok, but visually you can tell that it's bent. Is this normal and nothing to worry about, or should I be seeking a replacement to avoid issues in the future? If you look at the spacing between the "walls" you can see that is is bent toward the top, making the two touch unlike any of the other walls.

leV1ZLg.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Youll probably be alright, as the nut screws down, it tightens all the petals together to hold the rod. Idk what G's suggestion would be, but if it concerns you, you can probably us a small flathead to even em out.

PM710

I recently purchased a Hercules SR-74x and a Persei (2x AW18350). This unit has lived up to its reputation of being the best portable vape pen on the market (for concentrates). It tastes great. That being said, the product does have a very obvious weakness in that it has threaded contacts that are exposed to sticky vapor. For example, with only 0.5g put through the system, it has already become extremely difficult to unscrew the mouthpiece and the top cap from the outer shell. In the instructions it was recommended to clean the Hercules every 2 grams but more frequent cleanings may in fact be required.

Mr Mellish

I recently purchased a Hercules SR-74x and a Persei (2x AW18350). This unit has lived up to its reputation of being the best portable vape pen on the market (for concentrates). It tastes great. That being said, the product does have a very obvious weakness in that it has threaded contacts that are exposed to sticky vapor. For example, with only 0.5g put through the system, it has already become extremely difficult to unscrew the mouthpiece and the top cap from the outer shell. In the instructions it was recommended to clean the Hercules every 2 grams but more frequent cleanings may in fact be required.

I absolutely love my Herc/Persei combo. The speed and flavor are fantastic. Having said that, I agree that it sucks to try to reload as it gets gunked up. More annoying is the inability to know what is left in it. Once I take mine apart, I'm essentially committed to cleaning it and I don't have a decent opportunity to reclaim (disapproving wife found a jar with reclaim in it once and the shuffle around that was too uncomfortable to repeat).

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It is better to unscrew/screw the cap or retire the mp while still hot, I use a torch for the cap when I want to reload while cold. Honnestly I clean mine after 9-10g of concentrates.

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
I usually load my herc by removing the heat shield and mouthpiece as one unit then removing the top cap that being said I do it that way just because I prefer not to have anything above the stainless steel top chamber while loading and my mouthpiece usually unscrews pretty easily when I do decide to clean the screen

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I usually load my herc by removing the heat shield and mouthpiece as one unit then removing the top cap that being said I do it that way just because I prefer not to have anything above the stainless steel top chamber while loading and my mouthpiece usually unscrews pretty easily when I do decide to clean the screen
That is a great idea, I bet the bottom threads are way less likely to stick. Also if your mp is stuck do it that way to load it then after vaping the mp will be warm enough to screw off. Just need to be careful about the hot metal if your doing multiple sessions.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

waxdab23

Just received my Alpha Centauri kit. Loving it. Is the black band around the bottom of the battery connector supposed to keep turning after screwing into a mod? Is that to prevent over-tightening? I'm using it with an iStick TC100W.

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
Just received my Alpha Centauri kit. Loving it. Is the black band around the bottom of the battery connector supposed to keep turning after screwing into a mod? Is that to prevent over-tightening? I'm using it with an iStick TC100W.
That black band is an airflow control ring there are different sized holes beneath it that you can set it to for more or less airflow

Side note:
a buddy of mine is making a music video that's going to be on vevo and I'm going to have him use my hercules in the video

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

As @lonelyhero said it, it is the adjustable air flow and it is suppose to spin.

That black band is an airflow control ring there are different sized holes beneath it that you can set it to for more or less airflow

Side note:
a buddy of mine is making a music video that's going to be on vevo and I'm going to have him use my hercules in the video

Rock, Rap? what should i wait and see?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
He does metal and rap in 2 different groups this one is a rap video for an album that's marvel themed I think this song is related to deadpool

lonelyhero,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Talked with @SamuraiSam over a few e-mail's about my earlier post and he more than answered all of my questions. Super cool guy, thanks Sam!

So I have had a few days with the SR-74x and this thing is a beast! Once you have the coil primed/saturated it's just so much effortless fun. I let the "warning for advanced users only" get the best of me for much too long.

If anyone is sick of coils and wicks and just cheap half-assed, wasteful, portable oil consumption, then please don't be a fool like me and let that warning scare you. This device is not hard to use at all, and the results are pure bliss. Great flavor if you want that or ridiculous tear-jerking hits if that's what you're looking for. All in the same device. The cool down hits are no biggie, don't let those scare you either!

I have to thank the reddit user "tamag21" for sharing his success using the SR-74x and his Sigelei mini 30w. I already had one of those so it made the Herc purchase a bit easier on the pockets. I'm loving this combo, very small in size, but still enough power to run the Herc easily, plus I can adjust the wattage to I can get more of a 3.7v experience if I want. I do run the Sigelei in DC-DC mode which seems to supply a more steady voltage, which I think is good for the SR-74x.

I'll leave a few pictures so you can see how small the Sigelei Mini 30 is when paired with the Herc. I am running a single Samsung 25r r5 and have also had success with the Samsung 30Q. Forgive me, but I just can't afford a single AW IMR 18650 for $16, when I can get these Samsungs for $5, and they seem to test and perform just as well as the AW IMR.

jggnYxQ.jpg
IMyNlc2.jpg

Hopefully this helps some fellow poverty SR-74x users :)

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I am using the white rod(7.4) and am running at 26w, 7.6v, with the rod reading at 2.1ohm. Once you hit the Herc you can see that the resistance of the rod increases. Since the Sigelei has a built in ohm reader it shows you this as you take a hit, and I notice that the rod increases to 2.4-2.6 ohms and this makes the Sigelei boost the voltage to 8v. As the rod cools down it seems the resistance drops back to 2.1ohms give or take, which brings the Sigelei back to 7.6v.

I guess there really isn't an easy answer, but that's what works for me to get hits that make me tear-eyed :cool:

Edit: almost forgot to ask @THC SCIENTIFIC @SamuraiSam @nao12000

When the next batch of 510 threaded SR-74x's is released, will there be an option for current owners to purchase an upgrade to the new 510 threaded bottom insulator? Then I can get rid of my thread adapter and make my setup even smaller!

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yep, the Sigelei Mini 30 will let you go up to 8.4v Obviously battery life isn't the greatest, but it's not horrible either.

aesthyrian,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
non-IMR batteries won't even run the Herc, will they? That might have been your problem? And by break do you mean some sort of explosion?

Someone has put a ton of effort into testing various brand of batteries https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/list-of-battery-tests.7436/ by using his test you can compare which batteries are the real deal, and which are just relabeled lies. I also used this list to compare the W9tech favored AW IMR's with other batteries of similar ratings.

I feel comfortable using the Samsung's that I am using since they are pretty much an industry standard/favorite among many users for the reason that they are high quality, and in many cases exceed their rated power. Pretty sure the Sigelei, like many box mod's uses some sort of voltage step-up to achieve the 8v, but that's above my pay grade.

Who knows? Maybe I'll blow my jaw off tomorrow? :|:freak:

Top Bottom