The Pax and MFLB: a subjective comparison

OF

Paka, I wouldn't say you are a Pax hater. More like a MFLB lover. I would say that you don't always appear to be fully objective. Can't knock a guy for loving his vape, but let's face it. You've been the single biggest cheerleader Magic Flight has, and I personally have to factor that in when I read your great posts.

I agree, but I've no problems as all with such honest opinions. Brother Pak has never been shy about his liking 'the box', says so all the time. I think he sometimes goes out of his way to try to present both sides of a point, but in general he's expressing his opinion and is willing and able to back it up for the most part. I like such strongly opinionated guys who are still open and respectful, don't you?

OTOH, I've no time whatever for Dealers who pass their employees off as happy customers in an effort to play us for fools and get our money.....as also happens.

In my book, Pak has white hat....even if he's wearing MFLB 'colors'.

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Paka, I wouldn't say you are a Pax hater. More like a MFLB lover. I would say that you don't always appear to be fully objective. Can't knock a guy for loving his vape, but let's face it. You've been the single biggest cheerleader Magic Flight has, and I personally have to factor that in when I read your great posts.

:2c:

Making a new rule here: No sucking up to the mods.

I can understand why people would reach that opinion, but I don't go out of my way to promote the LB. I've often recommended against it in various circumstances because I'm well aware that it isn't the right choice for some people. (I wind up making recommendations much more often in IRC than in the forum.) I do try to stay objective, but of course I don't always succeed, and I can't control the perceptions of others. For example, anyone who uses the Cloud as a daily driver and asks me what portable to get will be steered straight to the Pax.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm kind of offended. I thought I was the biggest MFLB cheerleader they had. So what if I don't maintain the largest single repository of MFLB facts, in the world?

You know... I tell a LOT of people, how much I love my MFLB. That should count for something. :(

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread... so forgive me if this has been mentioned. I know, some take issue with this point, but its important to a lot of people.

MFLB: Made in the USA
Pax: Made in China

OF

I'm kind of offended. I thought I was the biggest MFLB cheerleader they had. So what if I don't maintain the largest single repository of MFLB facts, in the world?

You know... I tell a LOT of people, how much I love my MFLB. That should count for something. :(

You know, now that you bring it up Pak is kind of a skinny little rascal, you may be the biggest after all?

And even if that's not the case, the idea of Pak in a 'little black dress' is about enough to scare you sober, isn't it? Hard to take a cheerleader like that real serious, isn't it?

And let's not forget the Sage of the High Desert here. Our very own Vitolo has a long history in a short skirt and tight sweater too you know.

All in all, I'd say MFLB is well represented.

OF

willieR

Been here since 2009
Make no mistake, it's possible that I've learned more from Paka than any other single person on
FC.

willieR,

OF

Make no mistake, it's possible that I've learned more from Paka than any other single person on
FC.

You're not alone there for sure. The man not only knows his stuff, but he communicates very well and gives references along with the lesson. If other vape makers had Pakas of their own they could put on a second shift......

If we had a 'Keeper of the Holy Flame' for MFLB, I know who I'd be voting for. Hey, maybe that's what we need?

OF

OF,

OF

Not sure which thread I posted this on previously, but I'd say again. If I had a $1000 bud I would vape it in the LB with the PA.

I tend to agree with you. Although T1 can do a bang up job tastewise and you can boil it squeaky clean before hand for a pure experience.

I also really enjoy Vapman, I know I shouldn't really, but it's neat and does an amazing job with a tiny bit. Driven carefully all manner of lovely tastes can come out of otherwise mundane bud. I don't expect 'normal people' to share the fetish.

Neat to have options. But I agree, a guy that reaches for his trusty box in such times of need has not made a bad choice.

OF

OF,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
If I could only have one vape... it would be the MFLB, because no matter what the battery and ac outlet situation, I can find AA batteries to work. Even if I have to go to Walmart and the public park, for an outlet. Yeah, even over my HI and VB.

Can't say the same for the Pax.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: axakal

willieR

Been here since 2009
I don't take the LB out of the house any more. No AC in the forest. Too bad we can't connect the Pax Battery to the LB

willieR,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Since I now have a Pax, I have a dilemma. I owe this thread an update but I am committed to write a review, so to be fair I have to limit what I post.

I have determined that the Pax cannot replace my LB+PA as my daily driver. I like tasty low temperature vapour and the Pax just doesn't deliver that. Saying that the Pax "has much more power" is another way of saying that it delivers thick hot vapour. I found it disappointing that it doesn't have a setting lower than 185°C.

Before anyone jumps on me as a Pax-hater, I will give away that my conclusion is that although it's not for me, I think the Pax is an excellent choice for a lot of people.

You say that the lowest temp is 185C on the pax and when I look that up it is 365F....do you like lower temps then that? I like the low temps as well and just read the tread on that but I am not satisfied that I know enough yet. I would imagine that some of the higher temps will give me meds a diff way but I want way more details and will research it during the week. I will say that the smooth flow and longer tube has helped me use higher temps at the beginning of a session on the INH but have to turn it down as the herb gets used since it does get way harsher at that point. In case you never saw me write it coughing is not something that is good for me so I avoid it at all costs even if I have to give up some med properties I need.

I never bought a PA on my MFLB hmmmmmmmm wonder if I would like it even more lol. I like it for outside although haven't used it in a few weeks.

Dreamerr,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You say that the lowest temp is 185C on the pax and when I look that up it is 365F....do you like lower temps then that? I like the low temps as well and just read the tread on that but I am not satisfied that I know enough yet. I would imagine that some of the higher temps will give me meds a diff way but I want way more details and will research it during the week. I will say that the smooth flow and longer tube has helped me use higher temps at the beginning of a session on the INH but have to turn it down as the herb gets used since it does get way harsher at that point. In case you never saw me write it coughing is not something that is good for me so I avoid it at all costs even if I have to give up some med properties I need.

I never bought a PA on my MFLB hmmmmmmmm wonder if I would like it even more lol. I like it for outside although haven't used it in a few weeks.

Yes, I start at 160 or 170°C on my Extreme (that's around 320 to 340°F). On the LB I have set the PA to 40% or so. I don't know what that temperature is but it tastes and feels much like the Extreme.

Higher temperatures do deliver differently. You are vaporizing a wider spectrum of the active components simultaneously. The effects are different too, of course.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I absolutely have to find more info on this on the net not just here. It is important to find out what temp will give me the most benefit.

Dreamerr,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The thing is, with the LB and the PA, you can adjust the temperature from one spectrum to another, with everything in between it. At the lowest setting for me, I don't think it even creates any vapor, the light is very very dim. At the strongest, it can start producing vapor in 2 seconds and the danger zone is at about 7 seconds of no drawing. Generally by then I can expect it to go from green to black very very fast. The Pax, on the other hand, doesn't have the ability to do this. It has three pre-selected temperatures and that's it. The INH at least has a turn wheel with numbers, and for that reason I would pick it over the Pax (although I can't deny that the Pax is probably the best-looking vaporizer I've seen hands down.)

The PA, like mentioned, gives the LB a HUGE range and makes it a real competitor. I've pulled way too many milky-as-hell bong rips to think otherwise. The batteries make it fly, the power adapter is more like rocket thrusters. Simply put, when I received the PA, I decided I could wait on getting another vape. It's obviously not going to be the vape for everyone even with the PA, some people desire bags, or concentrates, some people need more herb than the .1-.2 that fits in the trench can hold... It's not for everybody, but all the people I've shown it to have decided to either get one, or get into vaporizing once I tell them how much I'm saving and once they see the effects. I've had more than a few friends get LB's of their own, or the DB, or an Extreme.

druminfected

I would love to see a thread called
The Inhalater & Pax: A subjective comparison :D

After reading both pax and inhalater threads throughout, I think they seem more a subjective comparison than the mflb IMO.

druminfected,
Reactions: poonman

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Personally, I think the versatility of the MFLB puts it out of the Pax's category, which is rather limited on its scope, with 3 power positions and really no option to adjust cloud density (besides the 3 settings) and draw speed. As previously noted, the Pax is limited to a milkshake-type pull. The options in batteries and PA versatility also, move the MFLB ahead, IMO.

I'm not a hater of the Pax and I realize I don't own, nor haven't tried one. However I do know those things to hold true.

I think about the only comparison here, is the size of the units and then maybe judge them, just on portability and stealth factors. They diverge, after that. Find a better, more limited comparison for the Pax.

But, that's just my opinion.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom