The pain thread

tuttle

I wanted to start this because there are a lot of medicinal users here, many using to alleviate pains of different types. I thought it would be nice if we had a more centralized tread of tips, trick, and perhaps strain suggestions for the most effective pain relief practices (also I didn't want to hijack another thread to have this discussion :) )

For me, the best practices include the following:
Vape small amounts at a time. Vapes such as the Purple Days, MyrtleZap, or Woodeez are great because they have small bowl size. Take a sip of vapor, then let is sit for a bit to see if does the job or not, don't go whole hog right off the bat. Some people (including myself) have noticed a "window effect" in which there is an amount that is too little to be effective, and there is an amount past which there is more fixation on the pain. Somewhere between these two should be a effective analgesic zone.

Vape at higher temperatures. Some of the more very effective pain relievers tend to boil at a higher temperature, so you want to try hit a temp high enough to liberate them. This thread has a list of what gets boiled at what temp. This means that variable temp vapes are not a bad idea. If you have one of the vapes listed above, a beer cozy can be used to up the temp a bit. Draw speed also has a big effect on temperature, so be sure that you are taking slow draws.

Strains. This is the area where I could use some help. Through very limited experimentation, I find that indicas tend to be more effective that sativas, but that should not at all be taken as a blanket statement, and I would be very open to suggestions.

If anyone else any other strategies for pain relief through the use of marijuana, please feel free to share.

tuttle,

lwien

Man, I can't think of anything more to add.

Vaping small amounts of Indica's at a high temp seems to be the holy grail of MJ pain relief.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
tuttle said:
I wanted to start this because there are a lot of medicinal users here, many using to alleviate pains of different types. I thought it would be nice if we had a more centralized tread of tips, trick, and perhaps strain suggestions for the most effective pain relief practices (also I didn't want to hijack another thread to have this discussion :) )
You are probably talking about my thread, and that's cool. I appreciate it, and this thread too. :)

tuttle said:
For me, the best practices include the following:
Vape small amounts at a time. Vapes such as the Purple Days, MyrtleZap, or Woodeez are great because they have small bowl size. Take a sip of vapor, then let is sit for a bit to see if does the job or not, don't go whole hog right off the bat. Some people (including myself) have noticed a "window effect" in which there is an amount that is too little to be effective, and there is an amount past which there is more fixation on the pain. Somewhere between these two should be a effective analgesic zone.
I have always used this approach. Take a smallish vapor hit and wait to see how I feel, but I always end up having to take several hits if I am using my Vapor Warez. If I am using my Magic Flight Launch Box, I only have to take 3 hits and I'm good. If I am using hash or kief in my VW, it does a better job, and I need less, of course. I have found that the Launch Box gives me better pain relief overall.

tuttle said:
Strains. This is the area where I could use some help. Through very limited experimentation, I find that indicas tend to be more effective that sativas, but that should not at all be taken as a blanket statement, and I would be very open to suggestions.
I have been able to get my hands on some named strains before, but I'm not in a position to get certain strains on demand. I am at the mercy of what my connection has to offer. Don't get me wrong, what I get is top notch, as good as medical quality. I just have to work with what I have on hand, named strain, or not. So, I wouldn't be good to answer this, but am looking forward to other responses.

Vicki,
Top Bottom