• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Okin by D.M. Pipes

BubbaGump

Damn......

Missed it again.

Looks like it will be doubtfull I'll ever be able to respond in time, if they will only be being offered this way. Live on the road 24/7/365, my life behind the wheel, keeping America going. The spare hour or two I have each day to check email will likely keep this out of reach for me. Odds of the timing of message send for me to reply in time will likely be nonexistent.

Eh.....least it gives someone else a chance to get in. My loss, someone else's gain.

Glad to hear things are moving along on your end, Dan. Keep up the craftmanship & good work. While I am unable to participate much here anymore, I definately do catch up when I can. The pics & updates, along with the reports of those in hand, have been enthralling. Least I can live vicariously through those that are lucky enough to recieve them, and report back. So, that means y'all that DO get lucky, better damn well report back! PLEASE.....! LOL

:tup: :peace:

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Haha, thanks all! And yes this round went very fast, in 7 seconds to be exact. I honestly never would have thought! It's just so cool! And I am so grateful for the support.

But it's also so tough to send out the emails to those who didn't quite make it...

@BubbaGump , I'm not sure if it will help, but this process will happen every 1st of the month. I will send out an update/reminder email a few hours before, and then the Order email will be sent exactly at 3 p.m. , always at 3 p.m. Eastern Time (us/canada). So, at least you can maybe plan for it.

I'm not sure if this is the very best process.. because I know that it does exclude some people who have obligations during that time window. But Its the best I could come up with at the moment.

°k

The sound of vapor
@Dan Morrison, here are my :2c: to maybe make it a bit fairer on those who aren't up/available at that time or who don't know how to set an automatic reply to a specific email. :D

How about you make let's say 10 a month available on the 1st of each month with 5 Okins going to the fastest replies and 5 being picked at random amongst the remaining replies received on that day (within 24 hours)?

Then maybe keep track of the unlucky repliers and once they have 10 unfruitful replies they automatically qualify for one Okin of the next batch?

AJS

Calm Consistency
@Dan Morrison, here are my :2c: to maybe make it a bit fairer on those who aren't up/available at that time or who don't know how to set an automatic reply to a specific email. :D

How about you make let's say 10 a month available on the 1st of each month with 5 Okins going to the fastest replies and 5 being picked at random amongst the remaining replies received on that day (within 24 hours)?

Then maybe keep track of the unlucky repliers and once they have 10 unfruitful replies they automatically qualify for one Okin of the next batch?
I enjoy this method quite a bit.
Dem auto replies ...

NickDlow

Log Hog
automatic reply to a specific email. :D

You sneaky sneak :cool: lol I would have never thought of that.

Luckily though I squeezed in at number 49 and she's a beauty. Just finished and Dan sent over a pic. I'll never have his photography skills so here she is in all her glory, the elusive Okin #49...
iUsteaU.jpg

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@Mirimi , waitin' for you to read this... been watching you make your way through the entire thread! That's dedication, ha.

To those who are waiting on shipping confirmations, your Okins were sent out this morning, confirmation by email will go out tonight.

I have been trying not to think about it but now that is impossible. Yes! Yes!

Thanks Dan. Now to click refresh on my email over and over again.

Edit. Email came. Only 4 to 8 business days till i bring this one home. Just can't wait to hold and admire its beauty in person.

Last edited:

Mirimi

@Mirimi , waitin' for you to read this... been watching you make your way through the entire thread! That's dedication, ha.

You spooked me a little, it's the first time someone calls out my lurking habits! I'm a bit shy and read more than I write, but here goes - disclaimer: English is not my first language, clumsy wall of text incoming.

I indeed fell in love with the Okin. It is a real luxury object in every aspect. And the fact that you chose to keep it reasonably-priced is impressive, because with this level of dedication and crafting, you could almost add a zero. (People, don't hate me if Dan does it, you know it is worth it!)

But more than that, the whole universe around it appealed to me. Reading this thread was like drinking hot cocoa near a fireplace: not only Dan, but every poster here, making me smile and laugh. Intelligence, humor, openness. It's one of the things I love in FC, but here it managed to be even truer.

I love Japanese art and culture, and Zen emanates from every single step of the process: care, beauty, minimalism, benevolence. It's awesome and as some people said, if you put a livestream of your crafting, I would watch it. It brings me to a Tolkien-like world and the inner geek in me screams with delight. The tobacco smoker in me thanks you for inventing an unique compromise between the experiences of vaporization and smoking.

So the Okin is definitely on my list. I have to wait a few months because I have more pressing financial priorities, but I don't care. The waiting is part of the beauty of the process (and I'm a really impatient person). I just hope you do many, many more.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You spooked me a little, it's the first time someone calls out my lurking habits! I'm a bit shy and read more than I write, but here goes - disclaimer: English is not my first language, clumsy wall of text incoming.

I indeed fell in love with the Okin. It is a real luxury object in every aspect. And the fact that you chose to keep it reasonably-priced is impressive, because with this level of dedication and crafting, you could almost add a zero. (People, don't hate me if Dan does it, you know it is worth it!)

But more than that, the whole universe around it appealed to me. Reading this thread was like drinking hot cocoa near a fireplace: not only Dan, but every poster here, making me smile and laugh. Intelligence, humor, openness. It's one of the things I love in FC, but here it managed to be even truer.

I love Japanese art and culture, and Zen emanates from every single step of the process: care, beauty, minimalism, benevolence. It's awesome and as some people said, if you put a livestream of your crafting, I would watch it. It brings me to a Tolkien-like world and the inner geek in me screams with delight. The tobacco smoker in me thanks you for inventing an unique compromise between the experiences of vaporization and smoking.

So the Okin is definitely on my list. I have to wait a few months because I have more pressing financial priorities, but I don't care. The waiting is part of the beauty of the process (and I'm a really impatient person). I just hope you do many, many more.
He probably saw you liking all his posts from the start ;)

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok without me reading 66 pages of this thread, I am very intrigued though after reading the first few.

This is a bamboo charcoal wooden vaporizer? Did I get that correct? The only way to order one of these is through Dan currently? How much are they going for? It seems like it's a first come, first serve for the first 10 of the month or something correct.

How long does the charcoal last for a session? Where do you get it from? How do you light it (with a lighter I'm assuming)? How much does it cost?

This is one of the most intriguing vaporizers I have ever seen. Honestly.

newVaper420,
Reactions: Derrrpp
Top Bottom