• I want to lower my tolerance.

Votes: 147 57.2%
  • I want to save money.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I want to have more energy.

Votes: 37 14.4%
  • I feel apathetic/amotivated.

Votes: 46 17.9%
  • I want to see how being CannaFree affects my life.

Votes: 58 22.6%
  • Other (explain in thread) *Don't select this if you aren't on a break.

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.

Votes: 54 21.0%

• Total voters

daoist

if you take tolerance breaks for 3 weeks and you go back it will hit you like a train.
Why take so much?

personally i look for happy positive feeling, i am not looking to get totally f@cked up from herbs, unless maybe it is a special occasion or something., which happens very rarely.

virtualpurple

if you take tolerance breaks for 3 weeks and you go back it will hit you like a train.
Why take so much?

personally i look for happy positive feeling, i am not looking to get totally f@cked up from herbs, unless maybe it is a special occasion or something., which happens very rarely.

I think for a lot of us it is similar to having that extra slice of pizza or extra scoop of ice cream.

If one is good, how great must 2 feel? I think that for myself at least, I would just get caught up in the indulgence.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ran out of weed and my tolerance is higher than the man on the moon. Irritability here we come. Sleep is out the window, tossed and turned all night and when I finally checked the clock it was only 1 AM....

Bored of the constant struggle attempting to get a hand on moderation.
Bored of vaping so much I can't even get stoned when I truly want to.
Bored of knowing the solution to this problem, having been there, and done that, and still not implementing better practices.
Bored of being such a cannabis snob that even the very best stuff plateaus in effect after the third use.
Bored of spending a million dollars on "terps" when I could just get an orange fucking soda for a dollar instead of romanticizing over "Forbidden Fruit," "Clementine," and "Strawberry-Tangie."
Bored of "gear culture" and watching people on here buy vape after vape after vape in two weeks time "cuz VAS"
Bored of all these dumbass strain names that are really just more cross-breeds of the same shit that already doesn't get me high.
Bored of living in a recreational legal cannabis mecca and still having to drive for hours on end because half of these counties want nothing to do with cannabis and won't let any legal vendors in.
Bored of the vicious cycle of running out of herb and feeling compelled to "re-up" when it's already not working.

Sorry for the boring rant, I'm just venting.

nonamekevin

Ran out of weed and my tolerance is higher than the man on the moon. Irritability here we come. Sleep is out the window, tossed and turned all night and when I finally checked the clock it was only 1 AM....

Bored of knowing the solution to this problem, having been there, and done that, and still not implementing better practices.
Bored of being such a cannabis snob that even the very best stuff plateaus in effect after the third use.
Bored of spending a million dollars on "terps" when I could just get an orange fucking soda for a dollar instead of romanticizing over "Forbidden Fruit," "Clementine," and "Strawberry-Tangie."
Bored of "gear culture" and watching people on here buy vape after vape after vape in two weeks time "cuz VAS"
Bored of all these dumbass strain names that are really just more cross-breeds of the same shit that already doesn't get me high.
Bored of living in a recreational legal cannabis mecca and still having to drive for hours on end because half of these counties want nothing to do with cannabis and won't let any legal vendors in.
Bored of the vicious cycle of running out of herb and feeling compelled to "re-up" when it's already not working.

Hey friend, besides the boredom, I hope you are doing well! :cheers:

I have cut way back and couldn't be happier. I had a bit of an anxiety/mental issue back in February from a bad session, so I've almost been nervous to use on a regular basis again, especially at the level I was at. I still deal with some ruminating thoughts a few months later, but overall, I have more respect for this incredible plant.

The breaks suck, no doubt, but like you know, there are a bunch of benefits from taking them. Wishing you the best homie, and I'm still subscribed to the inverzion thread for all the updates and science talk. :science:

daoist

maybe try vaping valerian and thyme or something. valerian helps for sleeping. drink some hop tea, that should relax you. thyme actually makes you light stoned when vaped (190 celcius). i just buy those little dried herb containers in the supermarket.

i just switch strains daily and it seems to keep my tolerance low. also i try to stay below 0.5 grams for a day (thats the max i can fit in the bowl). so that helps.

with tolerance breaks i seem to handle it pretty well, but the sleeping is a problem (but thats one of the reasons I started vaping in the first place). after maybe 3 or 4 days i start vaping again because thats usually enough for a proper reset. I think thc in your body reduces 50% per day so after 3 or 4 days there is only like 10% left in your body. it works for me.
that 30 day tolerance thing is for people that need to pass a drugtest. has nothing to do with tolerance.

i hope you do well and be strong. look on the bright sight. you are out of weed , so good reason to start a tolerance break. is easier to do it now as when you restash.

just vape some thyme. is also good for the lungs and throat system and get you slightly stoned.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

I relate to sooo much of this. But yet I still light up a bowl...like a true addict.
Do you think you could try some CBD just for the sake of helping you sleep?

Truth Seeker

Have you thought of edibles or a CBD spritzer?..............I'm totally joking my friend! I hope you can at least enjoy the nature and fresh out there in the middle of this lockdown. How are folks doing out there with Gavin's EO?

BlueHueCO

Maybe for you, but not for everyone. CBD with some THC works for me at night. And my wife just loves 3:1 gummies at bedtime as does my daughter.

I think you're correct man. From what I've read, THC has a real bad effect on R.E.M. Sleep, which is where the rest really happens. It's the most important part of sleep. While CBD usually can improve R.E.M. Sleep. If you have a good ratio that is CBD focused, you should be good. I used to vape before bed, but have stopped two hours before since Feb, and I sleep like a baby in comparison. I wish I could get more hours though, so I might try some CBD if I can find some of good quality.

BlueHueCO,

C No Ego

I think you're correct man. From what I've read, THC has a real bad effect on R.E.M. Sleep, which is where the rest really happens. It's the most important part of sleep. While CBD usually can improve R.E.M. Sleep. If you have a good ratio that is CBD focused, you should be good. I used to vape before bed, but have stopped two hours before since Feb, and I sleep like a baby in comparison. I wish I could get more hours though, so I might try some CBD if I can find some of good quality.
most CBD is bred from sativa type plants though and in no way would help sleep ... you would be energized not tired ETC.....

C No Ego,
most CBD is bred from sativa type plants though and in no way would help sleep ... you would be energized not tired ETC.....
Again, this is just not so. I have several indica high CBD strains in my supply right now that are not stimulating, so speak for yourself if you only know "sativa" CBD strains (like Harlequin.) The sativa/indica labeling is meaningless anyway. It's about cannabinoid and terpene profiles.
https://www.greenstate.com/health/can-cbd-help-you-sleep-heres-what-the-research-tells-us/

Last edited:

C No Ego

Again, this is just not so. I have several indica high CBD strains in my supply right now that are not stimulating, so speak for yourself if you only know "sativa" CBD strains (like Harlequin.) The sativa/indica labeling is meaningless anyway. It's about cannabinoid and terpene profiles.
https://www.greenstate.com/health/can-cbd-help-you-sleep-heres-what-the-research-tells-us/
industrial hemp types are Sativa dominant . there are some indica types bred in now but most CBD is sativa lineage

C No Ego,
industrial hemp types are Sativa dominant . there are some indica types bred in now but most CBD is sativa lineage
The issue here is about whether there are relaxing properties of CBD. whether it is obtained from hemp (Cannabis Sativa with less than 0.3%THC), narrow leafleted Cannabis (sativa), broad-leafleted Cannabis (indica), or a hybrid. All I'm saying based on the real-world experience of myself, my wife, my daughter and other family and friends I've discussed the issue with, is that CBD taken at night can be calming and assist with sleep. I'm not really talking about the source of the CBD as much as the effect. If it is stimulating for you and others, so be it. I've never found that to be the case. And because I've experimented with high CBD FECO to treat my prostate cancer twice for 4 month periods (unsuccessfully) I know that taking a dose of 150-325mg CBD per day orally did not keep me awake (granted there was THC in the oil as well.)

Last edited:
archangelz001,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

The issue here is about whether there are relaxing properties of CBD. whether it is obtained from hemp (Cannabis Sativa with less than 0.3%THC), narrow leafleted Cannabis (sativa), broad-leafleted Cannabis (indica), or a hybrid. All I'm saying based on the real-world experience of myself, my wife, my daughter and other family and friends I've discussed the issue with, is that CBD taken at night can be calming and assist with sleep. I'm not really talking about the source of the CBD as much as the effect. If it is stimulating for you and others, so be it. I've never found that to be the case. And because I've experimented with high CBD FECO to treat my prostate cancer twice for 4 month periods (unsuccessfully) I know that taking a dose of 150-325mg CBD per day orally did not keep me awake (granted there was THC in the oil as well.)

the idea with industrial hemp is more fibers usually hence the sativa tall plants ... indica not so much ETC... just general CBD made into tinctures sold on the market is Sativa lineage mostly . I've seen many reports of people staying up all night from CBD oils and while looking into why Sativa plants are shown as most CBD base plants .

C No Ego,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
My wife has an insurance physical coming up mid-July so she's on a break, too. We're playing it by ear but her birthday is towards the end of the month so I'm assuming we'll have to celebrate.
Glad you are doing it together - much easier than doing it alone. Good luck to you both!

I need to take a mini break myself (maybe a week) one of these days soon, but this self isolation stuff has made it especially hard to do. It is the one thing I have to look forward to at the end of long, mundane days. And it has kept me (relatively) sane during all of the turmoil.
But I’d like to give my system a rest as well. Plus the first session after a breakkkkk :rockon:

Last edited:

Tranquility

A study points to our use of concentrates and high THC flower as part of the problem. We don't titrate well and use more than needed to get where we want.

Users of high-potency cannabis four times more likely to report associated problems

There was a similar article for a U.S. study I can't find now. In it, the finding were much the same with the problem that there is no difference in impairment by any measure of dose so more use, was essentially, wasted. If you see it, the reason I paid even a moment of attention was because the data was gathered by the "cannabus". A sprinter van going around taking samples from users. Cannabus.

Top Bottom