• I want to lower my tolerance.

Votes: 147 57.2%
  • I want to save money.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I want to have more energy.

Votes: 37 14.4%
  • I feel apathetic/amotivated.

Votes: 46 17.9%
  • I want to see how being CannaFree affects my life.

Votes: 58 22.6%
  • Other (explain in thread) *Don't select this if you aren't on a break.

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and noticed overall improvement in my life.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • I've taken a CannaBreak (>7days) and didn't notice improvement in my life.

Votes: 54 21.0%

• Total voters

chillersnov8p

4 days into a break, will be traveling without weed end of next week and decided spur of the moment to see if I can go three weeks. I usually take a day or two off every week but haven't gone more than a week in years. It's partially to see if I can do it and also because I tend to binge eat when I vape. My weight and health are good right now thanks to lots of exercise but the binge eating is out of control sometimes. So yea, t break to work over bad eating and get ready for a trip.

biohacker

Dude, i don't think you'll have a problem whatsoever. Mainly because you take a day or two off every week, that's huge IMO. And even if you're not going more than a week without in years, you can still do a week. Withdrawal typically starts after about 24-72 hours IIRC, so that's pretty impressive IMO.

Binge eating munchies...haha...sounds like your tolerance is perfect...do you get red eyes? I don't get the munchies my tolerance is so sky high...never red eyes....i vape just to be normal, baseline you know.... then I can eat, but never like I used to. But small changes....

looking forward to hearing how it goes for you!

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Last one was two years ago and lasted around ten days. I had never taken a break that wasn't related to be out of supplies before and I was surprised that everything went so smoothly. No side effects (except for, you know, being sober) and no cravings. I've been thinking about taking another one for a while as my tolerance is becoming a bit too high but the temptation is always too strong... I guess I'll try to drastically lower my daily intake for a while.

The Beagle,

C No Ego

Last one was two years ago and lasted around ten days. I had never taken a break that wasn't related to be out of supplies before and I was surprised that everything went so smoothly. No side effects (except for, you know, being sober) and no cravings. I've been thinking about taking another one for a while as my tolerance is becoming a bit too high but the temptation is always too strong... I guess I'll try to drastically lower my daily intake for a while.

bury all your supplies in a deep whole in the yard! the thought of having to dig them out would stall your desires until it becomes to great and you grab the shovel lol,,, in fact, burying jars of cured out cannabsi is the best way to convert thc over to cbn as a sleep aid... It works, I've tried old jarred herb and it knocked me out

chillersnov8p

Fortunately I don't experience physical withdrawals but the triggers seem to increase the longer my t break goes. "Now's a good time for a vape, how about now, if only u brought your vape, geez 4:20 and your all alone..." For me the first three days are easy but then the triggers seem to multiply. On the plus side I'm having a great time doing the things I usually do high which is a good reminder.

hinglemccringleberry

I'm in withdrawal just from quitting dabs! Major night sweats......
Damn, that blows. Night sweats for me is a once every 5 years when i have the flu sort of thing. I'm a flower only guy.
And yet someone in the dab vs flower thread tried to lecture me about how quitting heavy use of concentrates isnt any worse than quitting flower.. smh

Last edited:

biohacker

We all know that alot of what people say is BS, and especially those that think that are right, and don't offer any other point of view....if it doesn't happen to them, then it must not happen at all.

Yeah I always get night sweats when withdrawing, regardless of flowers/dabs, however what sucks even more is that I can even withdraw from "strains"..... so I suffer when I vape boutique 30% strains and then switch to lower thc..... I dunno, it's all fucked up and i'd probably just be better off without, which is basically impossible for me lol I think i'm on the right track now, just need time. But i'm sure as happy as hell that i'm off the dabs that's forsure, and i'm glad it didn't get worse....some of the things i've read are scary...

StormG94

Forever a student
I'm currently on an extended T-break with no intent of using again in the near future. This is the first time I've been in this position since beginning my cannabis usage about 5 years ago.

My last break was 2 months in 2014 when I went on a backpacking trip across Europe, until I got to Amsterdam :brow:. As soon as I got back home, I started vaping again and haven't taken a break until this one, which started on the 6th of this month.

The two weeks leading up to that date, I vaped a half oz, and two nights before I used up a half g of tasty shatter. So far I haven't experienced any form of withdrawal or adverse effects. I can sleep fine, no sweating at all. I've had 2 or 3 minor dreams, but nothing vivid at all.

I wouldn't say my usage made me lazy, but it kind of exacerbated my already present laziness and I had lower than normal energy levels. Since then, I haven't noticed any improvement to either. I'm hoping in the next few weeks I can help bolster my motivation and return to how I was feeling before I started vaping.

That being said, I definitely look forward to a time when I can enjoy cannabis again. Maybe this extended break is just what I need to get back to enjoying my usage again :)

C No Ego

cannabimimetics = cannabis like compounds that can get you high too! when used next to cannabis the cannabimimetics can titrate usage down by a measure of a LOT.. eating correct omega three to six can keep you naturally high! Arachidonic acid..............

StormG94

Forever a student
I've tried peppermint before, but I didn't have a lot of luck with it. Perhaps it was the peppermint I was vaping, which I grew and cured myself, or the vape I was using. I just didn't receive the same satisfaction as I did vaping cannabis.

A big part of the experience for me personally is seeing some form of visual vapor being exhaled, and I just didn't see that with botanicals. Not huge clouds, but just something. However, I have definitely enjoyed using terp isolates if you have a method to dab. Tasty, and pleasurable to vape

hd_rider

Ugh, myself.

I'm currently enjoying some Berry Bomb before I depart on a 5-day business trip to Wichita.

Which unfortunately will include a forced t-break.

I thought about taking my Dr. Dabber pen and some budder but why chance it. Kansas has some of the worst anti-cannabis laws in the country.

:(

biohacker

That being said, I definitely look forward to a time when I can enjoy cannabis again. Maybe this extended break is just what I need to get back to enjoying my usage again :)

This big time! Today is day 1 for me....i'm on a forced break for probably several months. The longest break I have taken in the past 10 years of daily usage (1-2g/day) has been only 7 weeks, and that was one year ago today. I suffer brutal insomnia/sweats when I withdraw for the first month or two, and then the fog lifts and I feel like a completely different human being.

That first virgin hit back after a break though....... :mmmm:

Although it's weird, it really feels like the first time for me again, I actually get paranoia and don't like the feeling initially until it sinks in and seats itself... but then one must watch tolerance, as it can skyrocket back to previous levels very quickly if you are not mindful.

strictly vapor

Although it's weird, it really feels like the first time for me again, I actually get paranoia and don't like the feeling initially until it sinks in and seats itself... but then one must watch tolerance, as it can skyrocket back to previous levels very quickly if you are not mindful.

Big time. I find the first few times back to be overwhelming even with very small amounts.

Good luck with your break!!

biohacker

Thanks! Yep, last year on my first hit back it was 0.05g and it felt like about 10X that! It's amazing how much you can burn through when your tolerance is so jacked up.

The problem is that I always swear and promise to never go back to my old ways, but I always do! However, i've had major life changes since, and am a medicinal patient, so it's a bit of a shitshow to deal with.

For some reason i'm more positive and optimistic about this break than any other i've had over the past decade. Probably because i'm suffering alot of negative side effects from over-vaping.

strictly vapor

Thanks! Yep, last year on my first hit back it was 0.05g and it felt like about 10X that! It's amazing how much you can burn through when your tolerance is so jacked up.

The problem is that I always swear and promise to never go back to my old ways, but I always do! However, i've had major life changes since, and am a medicinal patient, so it's a bit of a shitshow to deal with.

For some reason i'm more positive and optimistic about this break than any other i've had over the past decade. Probably because i'm suffering alot of negative side effects from over-vaping.

Story of my life. Always thinking that I've somehow gained a new ability to use self control with vaping, when history shows that I alone cannot make this choice 100% of the time.

The main thing that keeps me in check is the lung congestion that comes with prolonged heavy vaping, so it forces me to tone it down frequently, which is a big part of why edibles are so important to me.

I also use for medical reasons currently, so it's extra important to find ways to counteract the negatives of heavy use. I find a diet that focuses on whole foods (fruits, vegetables, "clean meats", beans, avacado etc) and avoids processed foods (chips, candy, fast food, crackers etc) goes a long way to keeping my tolerance stable and cravings low.

It's amazing how quickly things spiral after one heavy day with really poor diet, compared to a heavy day while eating right. Also exercise (even 15 mins) can help ALOT to cut down the cravings and reactivate your body's natural digestive cycle.

I think the older we get, the more experience we have with cannabis (positive and negative) and it makes sense that we start wanting to improve our usage habits to better fit our lives. First step is recognizing the need for a change so I think your halfway there.

I try and remember the feeling I get when my tolerance skyrockets and things go downhill, so that even in times of light use I remember what I'm trying to avoid. Also this mindset helps avoid waking up on a Sunday morning after a heavy night and jumping right back into action. Instead I try to force myself to eat breakfast and go for a walk.

Doktor Dub

We all know that alot of what people say is BS, and especially those that think that are right, and don't offer any other point of view....if it doesn't happen to them, then it must not happen at all.

Yeah I always get night sweats when withdrawing, regardless of flowers/dabs, however what sucks even more is that I can even withdraw from "strains"..... so I suffer when I vape boutique 30% strains and then switch to lower thc..... I dunno, it's all fucked up and i'd probably just be better off without, which is basically impossible for me lol I think i'm on the right track now, just need time. But i'm sure as happy as hell that i'm off the dabs that's forsure, and i'm glad it didn't get worse....some of the things i've read are scary...

+1000! Many people are so narrow minded that they not only believe everybody has to be / feel / function like them but they are also the Center of the Universe... i think it just hurts small brains to think about different Perspectives... We are all different and we all live in the little World we create in our Head

What i can totally relate to (and most people i know can t understand this) is the Strain withdrawl thingie... feels pretty dumb to have enough Weed but not being able to enjoy it...

C No Ego

+1000! Many people are so narrow minded that they not only believe everybody has to be / feel / function like them but they are also the Center of the Universe... i think it just hurts small brains to think about different Perspectives... We are all different and we all live in the little World we create in our Head

What i can totally relate to (and most people i know can t understand this) is the Strain withdrawl thingie... feels pretty dumb to have enough Weed but not being able to enjoy it...

the trick is to experience as much cannabimimetics as possible to constantly provide your body with a wide range of differing compounds so that receptor activity does not dull leading to Alzheimer etc ...

strictly vapor

Big time. Different strains, vapes, temperatures, concentrates, edibles, tinctures, and capsules all assist in this battle.

A new strain in a vape that hasn't been used lately often goes a long way in resetting my tolerance!

hinglemccringleberry

Giving up the act of vaping is one of the biggest challenges I have when faced with a break. I think not vaping is harder for me than not being high. If I could find a product, preferably buds instead of leaves, that gives off as much vapor and flavor as cannabis but with zero THC, I would be all over it.
Like so:
https://www.greenrushdaily.com/2017/03/29/scientists-grew-thc-free-cannabis/

I feel like I would beat the system - being a clean candidate for employment while still puffing big tasty clouds every day. Then I could tell drug testers to kiss my ass.

Last edited:

biohacker

I feel like i'm amongst genius'!!! You guys are very wise and I very much appreciate your words!

@strictly vapor I could not agree with you more man! I can't even believe there is someone on this forum that gets it! Your post should be framed.

Same goes for you @Doktor Dub ! Your state is GOLD! lol It is SO TRUE. And nothing but respect for recognizing that strain withdrawal is real. Sounds like you have some experience!

@mccringleberry I completely understand. Probably the biggest issue for my high usage and tolerance is VAS! I just love vapes so much that i'm always "testing" and forget that it's about the herb/medication! This has required me to refocus, find a vape that works for me, and then appreciate the plant, and not obsess about the vape technology. But it's hard, because it's so much fun!

It's weird though, after I put my mind to it, I do not crave at all.

EverythingsHazy

Giving up the act of vaping is one of the biggest challenges I think I have when faced with a break. And I'm gonna be faced with one soon. If I could find a product, preferably buds instead of leaves, that gives off as much vapor and flavor as cannabis but with zero THC, I would be all over it.
Like this:
https://www.greenrushdaily.com/2017/03/29/scientists-grew-thc-free-cannabis/

I feel like I would beat the system - being a clean candidate for employment while still puffing big clouds every day.
Personally, I feel like taking a break from vaporizing altogether, might be more efficient in helping mitigate the habituation aspect of daily vaporizing, as well as providing our lungs with a period of only fresh air to give them a break.

*However, if that isn't something you're concerned with, as looked down upon as it may be by most Cannabis users, what about trying Cannabis-free vape juice. You can get a bunch of flavors and huge clouds without any pschoactives (THC isn't the only brain-affecting cannabinoid, although it is the only one that is tested for, usually). You can also hook up a vape box or e-cig to a bong for a more Cannabis-like experience.

*I have no idea about the health risks of vaporizing any non-Cannabis compounds.

strictly vapor

@biohacker fuuck bro if I had a gram for every time you posted something EXACTLY what I'm thinking I'd be a walking dispensary!

Lots of different personalities on here but I can tell we got serious common ground :tup:

@mccringleberry I actually quit last summer for a month and found that certain types of teas were very productive in the vape, and some even had a nice flavour!

I was ripping tea bags and adding them straight to the q (separate bowl) but I'd recommend getting a nice jar of high quality loose tea (David's tea maybe). The berry and citrus flavours worked best for me.

In future breaks I'd be more likely to abstain completely, as I find any inhalation to be hard on my respitory system after a decade of abuse. That said I'd 100% add new vitamins and supplements, exercise and drink loads of water (somehow this helps slightly).

A c!ose friend of mine recently lost his license and decided to quit for a while to get his life on track. Luckily for him he has a forward thinking doctor in the family who recommended he start using vitamin b3 (nicotinic acid). She is very natural and anti drug, so I always trust her recommendations to be quite safe.

Like myself, he's tried many adhd stimulants with limited success, often in breaks from vaping, and he swears that it's helping him focus and stay sharp while drastically limiting his cravings. There is a strong itch/burning for the first 30 mins after taking it but he says it's worth every minute, and I really respect his views on substances, as we both hate pharmaceuticals.

Upon consulting a naturopath I learned there is more than one type of b3, and the other is called niacinimide, which I was told has all the positives of nicotinic acid without the negatives.

I haven't tried it yet but I plan to and will post back with my personal thoughts.

Top Bottom