• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

szai

Yeah old ebonite is a nightmare of a material to deal with. I have a fountain pen body I broke just getting the nib and feed out. I mean yeah it was like a century old but still. Ebonite requires a lot of care and it can get easily damaged. I don't think it's a great material at all.

szai,
Reactions: GetLeft

little maggie

I think Alan would be a good resource. Especially for whips for those who don't want water. I also want to check with ddave to see what his diameter is.

Mine is not coming for a while but did Dan decide not to put the heater screen in or did ss just get one without one.

little maggie,
Reactions: GetLeft

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My guess is that his special unit was an original (screenless) that hadn't received the modifications contained in the care packages that were sent out.

It is but Dan was going to put it in since it shipped much later than the others, I still haven't checked the accessories to see if it was included in a care package kit.

Anyway now that I see how deep the stem goes in I'm not so sure it is necessary, I feel it is still a bit more secure with the two screen method even though it is a bit more involved...

To me this is fully unique and also not needing of all these extras now that I have it in hand imo. the only reason would be if it was someone's only vape and I know that's not the case for any of you ;)

Anyway I've only had a few bowls with what I thought was the low heater, but I'm not so sure since the bowls don't last very long and do get some center char... They are small loads though and I have not been able to stir with two screen method, just a puff fluff

Last edited:

seriousTone

I so really really almost really want one of these. The whole 18650 battery thing throws me off unfortunately. I used to vape an unregulated mech mod but got to the point to where the risk isn’t worth it. Granted, I don’t know if this vape is as risky as one of those.

It’s a shame though because it’s such a beautiful creation. I have an Okin and it’s one of my favorite vape experiences hands down. I do want this just because I want to continue the already tradition of owning your very limited creations @Dan Morrison .

Can you get this in African Blackwood? Imagine all Blackwood with just the brass metal for contrast. The sleeve design would be hard to choose if I wanted to keep the slick look. The sleeve is pretty integral right? These can’t be made without the use of one?

Idk, these are the things that run through my mind while I’m struggling with whether or not to get myself on the list for one.

RelaxedNow

I so really really almost really want one of these. The whole 18650 battery thing throws me off unfortunately. I used to vape an unregulated mech mod but got to the point to where the risk isn’t worth it. Granted, I don’t know if this vape is as risky as one of those.

It’s a shame though because it’s such a beautiful creation. I have an Okin and it’s one of my favorite vape experiences hands down. I do want this just because I want to continue the already tradition of owning your very limited creations @Dan Morrison .

Can you get this in African Blackwood? Imagine all Blackwood with just the brass metal for contrast. The sleeve design would be hard to choose if I wanted to keep the slick look. The sleeve is pretty integral right? These can’t be made without the use of one?

Idk, these are the things that run through my mind while I’m struggling with whether or not to get myself on the list for one.

Looks like you're feeling kinda blue. You need a Nomad.

Frankly, I feel the safety concerns are overblown, and that a little common sense and caution can go a long way toward avoiding problems. Of course, I don't stuff my Nomad in my pants pockets....just one of those common sense things, 'cause I wanna keep my important body parts. I also look at my battery wrappers every time I swap them. My batteries rarely drop below 3.7, per my charger, because at that point I'm noticing it's taking longer to heat (still, the Nomad goes a long time on a battery).

Just do it.....but dont blame me if you fuckup and a battery explodes.

Disclaimer: I don't know shit, and I vape herb regularly. :lol:

ZC

You won't have a safety issue as long as you understand the potential dangers and take just a little bit of care. -check your wrapping before inserting the battery, don't run the battery so low that you're hardly getting any vapor. It's super easy to be safe with these batteries, you just have to respect the dangers associated with them.

seriousTone

Yeah I hear y’all and I guess the biggest risk besides a torn battery wrapper is sub ohming and the battery can’t handle the power. I assume the heater modules aren’t taking the batteries near their limits?

Idk, If I can get one made it all Blackwood I’ll probably definitely get one because I’m weak for custom fancy wood things. I just bought a box for potatoes at the farmers market because I like wood boxes :nope:

Shit Snacks

Yeah I hear y’all and I guess the biggest risk besides a torn battery wrapper is sub ohming and the battery can’t handle the power. I assume the heater modules aren’t taking the batteries near their limits?

Idk, If I can get one made it all Blackwood I’ll probably definitely get one because I’m weak for custom fancy wood things. I just bought a box for potatoes at the farmers market because I like wood boxes :nope:

All blackwood is an option some people got that

Shit Snacks

Okay I just tried the other heater module and I think I was using the medium-high one before, since this one definitely feels more like low-medium after a couple hits... They really look the same to me coil wise, and if anything the looser one is the the hotter one? Should test more directly with same herbs and battery level though I suppose, we'll see over time maybe

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah less metal, less resistance, higher power. The high one is indeed the least tightly coiled one. I suspected you would tell us this when you mentioned the near charring in so few hits. It's a beast of a hater.

Shit Snacks

Yeah less metal, less resistance, higher power. The high one is indeed the least tightly coiled one. I suspected you would tell us this when you mentioned the near charring in so few hits. It's a beast of a hater.

Yup that was the first clue but I hadn't tried the other one until now. I thought I read in the instructions that looser was the low or something... Either way both of mine really look the same to me honestly

sixstringsmash

For future batches, maybe it would be a good idea to mark each heater module with its model number or something? Is there already an easy way to identify them?

As long as my glasses are on my head, it's always been pretty easy for me to differentiate between the two just by looking at how tightly wound the coils are, but I can definitely see how making an easier way to mark them could be helpful.

szai

It is but Dan was going to put it in since it shipped much later than the others, I still haven't checked the accessories to see if it was included in a care package kit.

Anyway now that I see how deep the stem goes in I'm not so sure it is necessary, I feel it is still a bit more secure with the two screen method even though it is a bit more involved...

To me this is fully unique and also not needing of all these extras now that I have it in hand imo. the only reason would be if it was someone's only vape and I know that's not the case for any of you ;)

Anyway I've only had a few bowls with what I thought was the low heater, but I'm not so sure since the bowls don't last very long and do get some center char... They are small loads though and I have not been able to stir with two screen method, just a puff fluff

What extras did you get? What was special about your unit?

szai,

Shit Snacks

As long as my glasses are on my head, it's always been pretty easy for me to differentiate between the two just by looking at how tightly wound the coils are, but I can definitely see how making an easier way to mark them could be helpful.

Yeah I find it very difficult, but now I think I know which is which... Though I did combust using the low temp heater after these posts so perhaps not lol

What extras did you get? What was special about your unit?

Just a custom painted sleeve I mean

Mr. Me2

A suggestion for @Dan Morrison to identify heaters. Get a metal stamp like jewelers use. Many options regarding the mark or notation.

It adds the consideration of adding a date reference. That may be important down the road as the heaters evolve.

But it should be easy enough to just stamp a “L” or “H” on the outermost metal band.

What do you think? (And sorry for suggesting extra work for you...)

Vaporware

A suggestion for @Dan Morrison to identify heaters. Get a metal stamp like jewelers use. Many options regarding the mark or notation.

It adds the consideration of adding a date reference. That may be important down the road as the heaters evolve.

But it should be easy enough to just stamp a “L” or “H” on the outermost metal band.

What do you think? (And sorry for suggesting extra work for you...)

Remember though, he wants to design other heaters for it, so while L and H would be good for now, a more complete model identifier would be preferable if it’s not too much trouble.

sixstringsmash

Though I did combust using the low temp heater after these posts so perhaps not lol

I've combusted with my low heat module a few times so combustion doesn't necessarily mean you were using the high heat module, it just happens to be a lot easier to accomplish with the high heat versus the low.

HerbieVonVapster

Received a package from Alan today. Included was a wooden stem for my Nomad.

Really like how the wooden stem goes with the Nomad. Feel it adds to the handcrafted appeal of the Nomad to have a wood stem instead of glass.

35bcqhh.jpg

2cwwl89.jpg

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Nice! So you'll be able to compare and tell us whether the vapor is really hotter with the wooden stem. It should be to some extent due to the lower thermal conductivity coefficient of wood. But since the OG Nomad glass stem is rather thin and light, maybe the difference is not that clear?

Top Bottom